Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1171276 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #4300 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »

I thought I was being pretty obvious that I was referring to Joe but I guess not. And no, I wasn't complaining about him as much as I was complaining about FB's reporting system being dumb.

Well then, I'm confused as to why you've blocked Joseph.  If you are both still friends and know that Facebook is weird about reports, just make sure Joe doesn't report you for no reason again.  As a friend, that's not too much to ask of him.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: July 15, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

I don't know when the "random stuff" thread adopted the "call-in show" format, but I am not complaining.

*Grabs more popcorn*
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: July 15, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »
+6

I don't know when the "random stuff" thread adopted the "call-in show" format, but I am not complaining.

*Grabs more popcorn*

And our next guest is Kingzog3 who seems to have a problem using urinals in public restrooms. Please welcome... Kingzog3!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: July 15, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »

*Grabs more popcorn*

Much more interesting than Dear Prudence, which is the terribly strange mix of Dear Abby and Penthouse Letters.  At least the stuff in this thread has a chance of being real!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3241
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: July 15, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »

actually i do have one (i know I made it sound like i didn't, apologies). i literally just made it to take part in a charity thing though... where 10 cents per like on a page would be donated or some crud, and then i never did anything with it ever again. that's years ago too.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: July 15, 2014, 04:00:43 pm »

I thought I was being pretty obvious that I was referring to Joe but I guess not. And no, I wasn't complaining about him as much as I was complaining about FB's reporting system being dumb.

Well then, I'm confused as to why you've blocked Joseph.  If you are both still friends and know that Facebook is weird about reports, just make sure Joe doesn't report you for no reason again.  As a friend, that's not too much to ask of him.

Yeah, it shouldn't be, but considering that this already happened once (it wasn't a final warning that time, but I did tell him my account could be banned) and he reported stuff anyway, I don't really trust him to not do it again...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: July 15, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »

Yeah, it shouldn't be, but considering that this already happened once (it wasn't a final warning that time, but I did tell him my account could be banned) and he reported stuff anyway, I don't really trust him to not do it again...

Ah.  OK.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 15, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »

I don't get it -- isn't this facebook's reporting system working exactly as it should? It's not like their system can or should have any way to differentiate between a "joke" report and a "real" report.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 15, 2014, 05:38:19 pm »
+5

I don't get it -- isn't this facebook's reporting system working exactly as it should? It's not like their system can or should have any way to differentiate between a "joke" report and a "real" report.

Well, if you can single-handedly get someone perma-banned for doing nothing, I think that's indicative of a problem.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 15, 2014, 06:33:06 pm »

Hey guys... where's Ozle?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: July 15, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »

is there a way to bookmark a thread so that it always jumps to the newest post, instead of always jumping to the post that was the newest at the time when you created the bookmark?
?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4311 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:37 pm »
+2

Try http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5727.new#new  That takes you to the first post new to you, not quite what you want but close?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: July 15, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »

Try http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5727.new#new  That takes you to the first post new to you, not quite what you want but close?

no, that's exactly what i want. thanks :)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: July 15, 2014, 07:13:44 pm »

In mine and facebook's defence, the first post I reported was Tables calling me (and another housemate stupid)- can't remember the exact details, but we let Tables do some strategy to win a boardgame, and then let him do exactly the same thing the next game (think it might have been us letting him get all the Science in 7 Wonders unopposed). So the first post could have been perceived as bullying etc.. The rest however were posts like "playing boardgames with Joseph" (with me tagged), and because I was tagged by Tables, they assumed he was bullying me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: July 15, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

In mine and facebook's defence, the first post I reported was Tables calling me (and another housemate stupid)- can't remember the exact details, but we let Tables do some strategy to win a boardgame, and then let him do exactly the same thing the next game (think it might have been us letting him get all the Science in 7 Wonders unopposed). So the first post could have been perceived as bullying etc.. The rest however were posts like "playing boardgames with Joseph" (with me tagged), and because I was tagged by Tables, they assumed he was bullying me.

But why did you keep reporting Tables even after Facebook showed that they hate him?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: July 15, 2014, 08:15:35 pm »

But why did you keep reporting Tables even after Facebook showed that they hate him?

Because I wanted to see what would happen, I didn't expect they'd threaten to permanently delete his account.
Also, he's mean.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: July 15, 2014, 08:18:33 pm »

*Grabs more popcorn*

And our next guest is Kingzog3 who seems to have a problem using urinals in public restrooms. Please welcome... Kingzog3!

It's scary how much you can guess about me. I had this problem today trying to use a urinal, but it was one of those ones where the front sticks out waaaay to far. So I have to stand strangely (I'm short) in order to both pee into the urinal without touching it because it's disgusting, but also not flash everyone else in the washroom.

EDIT: Like literally every urinal problem stops when they have dividers. Why doesn't every washroom have these? Like, why?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:32:15 pm by KingZog3 »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: July 15, 2014, 08:25:02 pm »
+5

Maybe Tables is actually bullying Joseph and pressuring him to tell us otherwise?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: July 15, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »
+2

*Grabs more popcorn*

It's scary how much you can guess about me. I had this problem today trying to use a urinal, but it was one of those ones where the front sticks out waaaay to far. So I have to stand strangely (I'm short) in order to both pee into the urinal without touching it because it's disgusting, but also not flash everyone else in the washroom.
Like KingZog3 at a urinal, I had to be on my toes.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:05 pm »
+5

Maybe Tables is actually bullying Joseph and pressuring him to tell us otherwise?

Why would Wandering Winder bully himself? Sounds like an unstable guy.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: July 15, 2014, 08:45:23 pm »
+3

Why would Wandering Winder bully himself? Sounds like an unstable guy.

you mean uns table?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: July 15, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »
+4

EDIT: Like literally every urinal problem stops when they have dividers. Why doesn't every washroom have these? Like, why?

I question the overall lack of privacy involved with men's functions and hygiene. I don't know if this is an American thing or what, but I don't much care for piss troughs and shower rooms without walls.
A man has no signature

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 15, 2014, 11:02:54 pm »
+1

I question the overall lack of privacy involved with men's functions and hygiene. I don't know if this is an American thing or what, but I don't much care for piss troughs and shower rooms without walls.

Don't go to Wrigley Field then.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1185
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: July 15, 2014, 11:08:47 pm »
+1

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 15, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »

Man, am I glad I'm not the only one.  I hate urinals.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.