Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic! (Jimmmmm's turn!)  (Read 66686 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic! (Jimmmmm's turn!)
« Reply #750 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

Vote: Yes on Rule 319
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 10, 2014, 12:52:37 am »

Vote: No on Rule 319
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 10, 2014, 12:53:24 am »

If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:36 am »

I think I'm generally going to abstain on proposals like this. I just don't care, and I trust the rest of you to work it out. Maybe I'll sheep the biggest wagon to get a hammer, or give my vote to the highest bidder once we have a way to give money to each other.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:27 am »

How is this worse than the turn-before thing. If someone thinks the Judge would rule in their favor they invoke Judgement. Otherwise, they don't. This just removes the guarantee and the necessity of knowing whose turn it currently is.
I think with your ruling it is slightly worse than with rule 212. But it is much better with rule 313. That is why I suggested
Maybe just use your turn to repeal 209 (25 mutable rules limit), 210 (which doesn't do anything) and 212 (about judgements; to let Watno's rule take effect)?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 10, 2014, 08:58:22 am »

Why not?

Mainly I'm worried about the complexity of the proposal.  It tries to make a lot of changes to Judgment, and I'm uncertain how they will interact with one another.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:48 am »

I dont like that it explicitly precedes another rule, am mostly fine otherwise, not sure how many overrulings we might have, and accordingly, is it better to have it just by vote or not. Hedging on vote.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:55 am »

Okay so I really need totake a break from forum games, (see the vla thread) so if anyone would like to start a new topic and copy and paste all the rules over there, ghen you guys can play over there, it would bemuch appreciated.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 10, 2014, 10:55:11 am »

Okay so I really need totake a break from forum games, (see the vla thread) so if anyone would like to start a new topic and copy and paste all the rules over there, ghen you guys can play over there, it would bemuch appreciated.

Cool.

Is there anyone we'd collectively like to start the topic/entrust with editing it as appropriate? Any volunteers?

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 10, 2014, 03:00:01 pm »

How is this worse than the turn-before thing. If someone thinks the Judge would rule in their favor they invoke Judgement. Otherwise, they don't. This just removes the guarantee and the necessity of knowing whose turn it currently is.
I think with your ruling it is slightly worse than with rule 212. But it is much better with rule 313. That is why I suggested
Maybe just use your turn to repeal 209 (25 mutable rules limit), 210 (which doesn't do anything) and 212 (about judgements; to let Watno's rule take effect)?

What? I'm confused what you're saying. What ruling? Random Judge selection is entirely irrelevant if (as it would be under 313) we don't have a Judge.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:38 pm »

I dont like that it explicitly precedes another rule, am mostly fine otherwise, not sure how many overrulings we might have, and accordingly, is it better to have it just by vote or not. Hedging on vote.

Why not? It's explicitly mentioned in the rules as an option and it was the only way to actually change the Judgement rules since we had two conflicting rules on the books.

The current system does not have Judgements decided by voting. Rule 212 takes precedent over 313 so we have the old system that kept getting us into those weird paradoxes about whose turn it was.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

Cool.

Is there anyone we'd collectively like to start the topic/entrust with editing it as appropriate? Any volunteers?

I will volunteer.  Do we need an actual vote on this, and do we need someone to use their turn for such a thing?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:07 pm »

Cool.

I will volunteer.  Do we need an actual vote on this, and do we need someone to use their turn for such a thing?

It's an action taken outside the game, so there doesn't need to be anything game-related.  We could even just not have one and remember everything if we wanted.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:09 pm »

Then I'm cool with Kirian doing this, as long as everyone else is.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 10, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10202.new#new

Cool. Which thread should we post in for general discussion? I'm fine either way.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 10, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »

Cool. Which thread should we post in for general discussion? I'm fine either way.

The new one. I say we all just move over to the new one. Much easier that way.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 10, 2014, 05:04:26 pm »

The new one. I say we all just move over to the new one. Much easier that way.

Ok. I assume there isn't any way to port all the old stuff to the new thread or merge them or anything, correct?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »

Ok. I assume there isn't any way to port all the old stuff to the new thread or merge them or anything, correct?

I think a mod could, but I assume it'd be too much of a bother. Really, the best solution would be for one of us to get privileges to edit mail-mi's OP, but I like this solution as a DIY where we don't have to bother anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.