Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114092 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day One is the Loneliest Day That You'll Ever Know
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2020, 05:37:53 am »

Post your claim, I'm inclined to look elsewhere,
You'd rather lynch somebody who claims PR?? Or will you only lynch if the lynchee refuses to claim?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2020, 05:43:03 am »

I’m at L-2 at deadline is in 26 hours.

I’m a VT, so not the worst lynch and I won’t be mad. But seriously, y’all, if you want to lynch scum you’ve got to get to work.
How 'bout you get to work?
This doesn't seem like normal faust to me. Normally they're posting a lot, making logical arguments

This just seems a lot different
I can guarantee it's on-brand Faust.  Townfaust? Don't know; but it is definitely normal Faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2020, 08:22:25 am »

Like, I have no idea if LL is scum or not, but that wagon is just weak. If somebody has a good reason to think LL is actually scum, I'm open to hear it, but as it stands now, I wouldn't jump on that as long as there are other alternatives.

And what is the compelling scum case on me that’s keeping you there?

We need to consolidate towards a lynch. You were the better viable option to LL's wagon. Post your claim, I'm inclined to look elsewhere, I just haven't taken the time to go back and reread to see where I'd rather go yet.

The claim actually maker her scummier, as scum!Didds would never claim anything else, whereas town!Didds might get a PR.

that is actually a good point. why did you come to LL?

Because I don't vote people due to their claims.

So wait just clarifying. That was not sarcasm? You think LL is more likely skum than WCD, with 15 hours to DL, and you are voting for the person you find to be more likely skum... bc you were on them already and don’t like putting people at L2?

That is just giving yourself an open door to vote for whoever you want with essentially no reason at all.

Vote: Dylan

This is the towniest post Swan has ever made in the history of Swans. Except the vote is pretty bad.

I will ISO LaLight and come up with a case probably maybe not we'll see who knows.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2020, 08:26:38 am »

ISO'd LaLight, he usually throws opportunist votes as any alignment, but basically every post is an opportunist vote this game.

Too much lurking to be town. Please show up and be towny, kthx.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2020, 08:53:50 am »

No one thinks I’m not scum and we’re rounding the corner to deadline. It’s in the best interest of town to find scum. But if we think lynching town sounds like fun, at least I’m no big loss. Other than my quick wit and lively banter, of course.
This is overly defeatist, and wrong ("no one thinks I'm not scum").  And makes me even happier with my vote.

I’m sure it’s just me, but I feel like whenever I’m at the end of a Shraeye tunnel that I’m town. It’s defeatist because whenever this happens, there is no moving you. I don’t even know what to say, and when I get frustrated, you tend to say that I’m using emotion and the double down. So, like I said, I’m okay with being the lynch. But you’re wrong about me being scum and at some point you really should cut this ish out. Unless you’re scum, then, well, of course.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2020, 08:56:23 am »

I’m a VT, so not the worst lynch and I won’t be mad. But seriously, y’all, if you want to lynch scum you’ve got to get to work.

I know, right? In a perfect world, I’d be able to use this run out to root out the baddies, but unfortunately I’ve got to do the real work for the paying job so not as free as I’d like to be. But you can do it, faust, I believe in you! : )

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2020, 08:58:19 am »

Last ditch effort!

Vote: cayvie

She's scum, I feel it in my bones.

This is not a terrible vote, although I think her level of activity is related to practicing for the championship thingy

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2020, 09:00:20 am »

No one thinks I’m not scum and we’re rounding the corner to deadline. It’s in the best interest of town to find scum. But if we think lynching town sounds like fun, at least I’m no big loss. Other than my quick wit and lively banter, of course.
This is overly defeatist, and wrong ("no one thinks I'm not scum").  And makes me even happier with my vote.

I’m sure it’s just me, but I feel like whenever I’m at the end of a Shraeye tunnel that I’m town. It’s defeatist because whenever this happens, there is no moving you. I don’t even know what to say, and when I get frustrated, you tend to say that I’m using emotion and the double down. So, like I said, I’m okay with being the lynch. But you’re wrong about me being scum and at some point you really should cut this ish out. Unless you’re scum, then, well, of course.
Ok sure; I'll cut out "voting incorrectly for Didds" from my toolkit, great overall gameplay suggestion.  While I'm at it, I'll cut out "voting incorrectly for anybody".  I'm gonna be so freaking good at this game, thanks for the suggestion!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2020, 09:00:30 am »

I know, right? In a perfect world, I’d be able to use this run out to root out the baddies, but unfortunately I’ve got to do the real work for the paying job so not as free as I’d like to be. But you can do it, faust, I believe in you! : )
But what about my real work?

... you're probably right, it's not that important.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2020, 09:02:59 am »

I’m certain that your work is important as mine. I just thought you might be closer to being at the end of your work day. Or we could ask MiX to do it!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2020, 09:06:07 am »

Ok sure; I'll cut out "voting incorrectly for Didds" from my toolkit, great overall gameplay suggestion.  While I'm at it, I'll cut out "voting incorrectly for anybody".  I'm gonna be so freaking good at this game, thanks for the suggestion!

I suggest working through each person one at a time, otherwise you'll cut "voting correctly for X" as well. I know this because I've gone through this thought process.

I’m certain that your work is important as mine. I just thought you might be closer to being at the end of your work day. Or we could ask MiX to do it!

I feel called out. Maybe because I am! I don't like the implication that I'm slacking off studying in favor of playing forum mafia. But it's true, so, meh.

Sadly I don't actually want to reread this day again and finding out my scumreads again. It's kinda late in the ingame day to do this. I'll do it tomorrow with a VCA. If you wanna vote LaLight again, go ahead, not sure it does anything but maybe there's a super secret doublevoter in this setup, who knows.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2020, 09:14:43 am »

Last ditch effort!

Vote: cayvie

She's scum, I feel it in my bones.

This is not a terrible vote, although I think her level of activity is related to practicing for the championship thingy
Maybe? But she wasn't particularly involved even before that started.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2020, 09:51:09 am »

I am just saying that Lalight hasn't responded to a single vote on them. No reaction. Zip. Nada. That seems about 100% more mafia than town. Maybe if by not reacting the votes will just go away? Town doesn't think like that so overreacts and responds to each little vote.

Lalight is the better wagon. West is probably the townie reacting to getting votes.

A vote for Lalight is a vote for Lalight!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2020, 09:54:14 am »

I am just saying that Lalight hasn't responded to a single vote on them. No reaction. Zip. Nada. That seems about 100% more mafia than town. Maybe if by not reacting the votes will just go away? Town doesn't think like that so overreacts and responds to each little vote.

Lalight is the better wagon. West is probably the townie reacting to getting votes.

yuma for president!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2020, 09:59:09 am »

This is just me on D1, I usually am not active at that particular time of game. Lately people love to vote for me D1 for this, and this happened in last a lot of games. Never ended with something good, to be honest
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:42 am »

Utah had an earthquake about a month ago and now we keep getting aftershocks. Just had a 4.2. I know some places in the world have these on a regular basis, but man! I am done with the earth moving under me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2020, 10:03:13 am »

This is just me on D1, I usually am not active at that particular time of game. Lately people love to vote for me D1 for this, and this happened in last a lot of games. Never ended with something good, to be honest
Cool. Sounds like it is on you to change and convince us though.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2020, 10:39:11 am »

Cool. Sounds like it is on you to change and convince us though.

yeah, i know

would the promise to be more active D2 onwards work? :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2020, 12:52:58 pm »

Post your claim, I'm inclined to look elsewhere,
You'd rather lynch somebody who claims PR?? Or will you only lynch if the lynchee refuses to claim?

Do you just reply to a post as you read and catch up before you finish reading everything that happened? Way to isolate half of a sentence out of a whole conversation and then try to straw man it to make it look absurd. Because I already explained specifically why I want to look somewhere else, and it has nothing to do with what was claimed.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2020, 01:51:04 pm »

Probably time to start narrowing the Lynch pool. LL and WCD lead the count with 3 votes, Faust with 2, Swan, Cayvie and Joseph all with 1 vote. Someone could double check me.

Unless I'm in total disagreement I think that we should focus on LL, WCD and Faust. I'm up for making a last ditch effort on someone but with 12? hours, it needs to happen now. Let me know your guys thoughts!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2020, 01:55:51 pm »

Of those three, I think I lean WCD (sorry!)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2020, 01:58:40 pm »

And yes, I know I haven't actually gotten the chance to reread, make any meaningful comments.

Just trying to keep up during day while I work.

Oh, and I guess I can make that vote official:

Vote: WCD
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2020, 02:08:18 pm »

I see zero reason to prefer WCD over LaLight. Those voting there. Why?

I'll go find out....

And yes, I know I haven't actually gotten the chance to reread, make any meaningful comments.

Just trying to keep up during day while I work.

Oh, and I guess I can make that vote official:

Nothing

vote: WCD then

that was out of nowhere

To someone who's played with him, does MiX usually jump his vote around like this?

Of the two wagons, I like Vote: WCD more than LL at this point.

Yup, that's probably where my vote is staying for the rest of teh day.
We were supposed to follow the Cop, right?

Vote: Didds

How about following scum reads, is that a good thing? Oh well.

Yep. Nothing. Y'all just bull-heading into what really looks like a mislynch but with nothing to gain from it looking back.

FoS!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2020, 02:11:55 pm »

Forgot Joseph.

I don’t want to be on the lynchlist!

But apparently Joseph doesn't actually think WCD is that scummy.

How about following scum reads, is that a good thing? Oh well.

This is an interesting wagon. Not sure I agree WCD is that scummy

And thinks LL is scummier than WCD? I don't know what is going on.

To someone who's played with him, does MiX usually jump his vote around like this?

Of the two wagons, I like Vote: WCD more than LL at this point.

elaborate on why?

OMGUS voting Lalight... has nothing to do with reactions.

Vote: LaLight

vote: Lalight

If that is the choice vote: LaLight

What is there to like about that wagon?
I read lalight and got zero town vibes, or rather no vibes. I'll be honest this game is weird and scumhuntimg is hard. So I am town hunting. Lalight doesn't seem townie.
Yep I agree that LL is scummier than WCD

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2020, 02:17:39 pm »

So when you take my look at LL's wagon earlier and yuma's look at WCD's wagon, our two main wagons haven't had any substance behind them. I do like yuma's recent effort to actually argue specifically for LL instead of just voting LL for the sake of lynching somebody. I'll be around basically all day, so I'm going to be reading and voting here in a little bit.

Also a note on yuma's wagon analysis, note that I already unvoted because I think WCD is probably not a good lunch right now.

PPE1 and on mobile
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 15 queries.