Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #218: Tokens  (Read 610 times)

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1463
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #218: Tokens
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2024, 11:39:02 am »
+8

Legacy is an inverse Inheritance; instead of making your Estates also be Actions, this makes some of your Actions also be Estates. Each player gets their own colored VP token (different from the metal ones) that moves to the pile you choose, and like Seaway, you get a bonus copy of the card as well.

You could argue that Legacy should have the Landmark type, but I'm pretending this was designed in an alternate history where Empires hasn't come out yet.

Chappy77

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2024, 04:15:58 pm »
+1

Raiders' Den
+2 Actions
You may move your Horse or Spoils token to a Kingdom Supply pile you have no tokens on. (When you play a card from that pile, gain a Horse/Spoils from its pile.)
$5 Cost Action

I'm tentatively setting it to $5 for now, but might make it cost $6 before the deadline ends, after i've done some testing.

This enables the use of both the Horse and the Spoils token. I hope using two tokens is fine?^^

Covering up the scary faces made me notice just how disproportionately long that lady's thigh is...goodness, Harem had some bad art.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1798
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2024, 05:12:49 pm »
+5

Enlightenment
$12 - Event
Move your +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, and + tokens to four different Action Supply piles.

Notes: Edited the wording per silverspawn’s suggestion (thanks!). I’m not sure of the correct price (or if an effect like this should exist at any price). $10 seemed clearly too cheap, but $14 too expensive.

FAQ: If you already have a token on an Action Supply pile, you can leave it there. If there are fewer than 4 Action Supply piles, you must leave one (or potentially more) of the tokens unmoved.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:07:43 pm by JW »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3242
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2024, 05:33:00 pm »
+6

... to four different Action supply piles

czzzz

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +255
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2024, 11:57:28 pm »
+1

Scaffolding $3 - Action
+1 Action
Name a card.
Reveal the top card of your deck and put it into your hand.
If it matches, put your +1 Card and +1 Action tokens on its pile.
At the start of your Buy phase, remove the tokens from its pile.
Scaffolding gives you a temporary boost. You build it around one card at a time (but you can switch between different cards if you have multiple Scaffolding) to enhance it for just this turn.
You do have to already have a bit of something built for it to be effective, and it takes some luck (or cards that manipulate/look at the top of your deck) to start it each turn. But I think it could be fun

Notes
  • It takes off tokens at the start of Buy phase so you can't just put it on Copper and play every Copper as a cantrip. That'd be boring. You could still put it on Copper and Storyteller it for twice as many cards as normal (and a bunch of Actions) though!
  • It will put the tokens on whatever pile, it doesn't care about type. So play those Scaffolded Treasures in your Action phase somehow, and Inheritance your Estates so you can Scaffold those too.
  • The fact that I only thought of the Copper loophole last second probably means this is crap and there's glaring flaws. Please tell me what they are so I can fix it and make better cards in the future
  • Ooh another fail, playing this in the Buy phase via Action-playing Treasures gives you a whole lot of play out of the tokens if you guess right. I think you earned it at that point though lol  :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:59:41 pm by czzzz »

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2136
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Today at 09:30:44 am »
+2

Shares
Action - $2
+1 Action
Choose one: Place your Shares token on an Action supply pile, or take back your Shares token for +2 Cards and +2 Actions
____
In games using this, when any player gains a card, +1 Card if your Shares token is on it

Edit from previous post: Modified so it's one per player

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +426
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Today at 01:44:27 pm »

Legacy is an inverse Inheritance; instead of making your Estates also be Actions, this makes some of your Actions also be Estates. Each player gets their own colored VP token (different from the metal ones) that moves to the pile you choose, and like Seaway, you get a bonus copy of the card as well.

You could argue that Legacy should have the Landmark type, but I'm pretending this was designed in an alternate history where Empires hasn't come out yet.

This absolutely does NOT need to be a Landmark type. Its wording would be pretty clunky.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.