Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76  All

Author Topic: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 164127 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1850 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »

You were unfortunately very very caught by PoE. I was your greatest ally, really, as the scenario I was hoping for could have resulted in enough town confusion to put you back in the game, but losing ADK and Haddock in one fell swoop was pretty insane. Still can't believe EgorK took that shot.
Mass Market games were totally on track to win this until the weird ADK lynch and the EgorK sniping Haddock.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 30, 2016, 03:33:55 pm »

Roles are in each individuals QTs. May post them all at once here in a little bit.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 30, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

ADK lynch wasn't weird, I'm just great at catching scum!ADK. Well.. I'm great at catching town!ADK, more accurately. Was a bit surprised by how people were convinced by that simple argument though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 30, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »

ADK lynch wasn't weird, I'm just great at catching scum!ADK. Well.. I'm great at catching town!ADK, more accurately. Was a bit surprised by how people were convinced by that simple argument though.
Huh. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I thought ADK was really towny and just thought the sudden wagon on him was really strange.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 30, 2016, 03:38:44 pm »

Those card sleeves did some work.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (GAME OVER)
« Reply #1855 on: January 30, 2016, 03:45:47 pm »

Won and alive. That's like second time to me, I think

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 30, 2016, 03:46:58 pm »

Huh. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I thought ADK was really towny and just thought the sudden wagon on him was really strange.

I agree.  I was very mad that people were just sheeping Teproc without making any efforts on their own.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 30, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »

I also totally didn't anticipate WW being a traitor.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 30, 2016, 03:50:52 pm »

I hilariously invited two scum to my QT.  I was able to hold the dice all game and trade just at the right time, though, and invite the Euro that had the dice.

I had a bad read on Haddock, who I felt was towny, but all in all, did okay.  Glad to win a game and be alive at the end.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »

That was still probably my best scum game to date.  Bad night actions, but it was pretty good overall

What?  Fake claiming Masons with me isn't your best game ever?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: January 30, 2016, 03:59:52 pm »

That was god damn brutal, guys.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 30, 2016, 04:00:43 pm »

ROLE PMs

Ghacob:
Flavor Name: Dead of Winter
Role Name: Sidekick Miller
Alignment: Ameritrash Game
Win Condition: You win if, when all Mass Market games have been eliminated, an Euro game is not holding the Wooden Meeple component.

Secret Objective: You will be considered a Euro game for all intents and purposes besides your flip and Component-related interactions.

Help the Current Crisis: Each night, you may target one player. All non-Killing actions that target them will target you instead.

EgorK:
Flavor Name: Bang!
Role Name: Night Desperado
Win Condition: You win if, when all Mass Market games have been eliminated, an Euro game is not holding the Wooden Meeple component.

New Sheriff in Town: Each night, you may target one player. If that player is not an Ameritrash game, you will kill them (and you will receive all of their Components). Otherwise, you will kill yourself (and they will receive all of your Components). This action takes priority over all other Killing actions.

chairs/SirMartin:
Flavor Name: Robo Rally
Role Name: Programmed Tracker

Plan Movements: By the end of the first 72 hours of each Day, you may list all living players in the game (besides yourself) in your Role QT. The following night, you will target the highest listed player that is still alive. You will be told the name of any players they targeted that night. You will be told "No Result" if your action was blocked.

pingpongsam:
Flavor Name: Innovation
Role Name: Reflexive Inventor

Share Dogma: Each night (including N0), you MUST choose one of the following Components that you didn't choose the previous night. Whoever targets you at night will be given a copy of it.

...Miniatures
During the night, you may use a non-factional active power an additional time against a player that you've never targeted. If you do, this Component will be destroyed.
...Plastic Pawn.
During the night, you may name a player. If that player targets you with an active power, their action will be blocked. This Component will then be destroyed.
...Paper and Pencil
You may tell me up to 200 characters to be stored in this Component that can be read by anyone who holds it. When this Component changes possession via hammer or kill, this Component will be destroyed.

Splay Up: Each night, you may target one player. If they don't have the "Splayed Up" status, they will be given it. Your Share Dogma has no effect on any "Splayed Up" players. This power is linked with Teproc's. If they have ever targeted a "Splayed Up" player or ever do, they will receive a known benefit. They are unaware of your identity.

ashersky (Started with Pair of Dice):
Flavor Name: Cosmic Encounter
Role Name: Doublevoting Neighborizer

Form Alliance: Each night (including N0), you may target one player. They will be invited to your Alliance QT where living members can talk as much as they'd like during the day.

Be on the Offensive: While there are at least three living members of your Alliance QT, your QT will control an additional vote. This can be placed by posting Vote: [Player Name] in the Alliance QT. The vote cannot be used against any living Alliance members.

Awaclus:
Flavor Name: Acquire
Role Name: Thieving Component Cop
Alignment: Euro Game
Win Condition: You win if, when all Mass Market games have been eliminated, an Ameritrash game is not holding the Pair of Dice component.

Minority Shareholder: Every odd night (1, 3, 5, etc.), you may target one player. You will be told the names of any Components they held at the end of the night. You will be told "No Result" if your action was blocked.

Majority Shareholder: Every even night (2, 4, 6, etc.), you may target one player. If they have any Components, you will take them.

RoadRunner:
Flavor Name: 7 Wonders
Role Name: Amnesiac Watcher
Win Condition: You win if, when all Mass Market games have been eliminated, an Ameritrash game is not holding the Pair of Dice component.

Track Science: Each night, you may target a player. Another player, guaranteed to survive the night, will be told the names of all players (besides yourself) that targeted your target that night. They will be told these are Watcher results, but will not be told your identity or the identity of the player you targeted. If this action is blocked, no results will be sent out.

silverspawn (Started with Card Sleeves):
Flavor Name: Through the Ages
Role Name: Captaining Mentor

Elect Leader: Each night (including N0), you may target one player. If you don't have a Mentee and your target has never been your Mentee, they will become your Mentee and a QT will opened for the two of you to talk in during the day.

Propose Pact: By the end of each Day that you have a Mentee, you MUST post Target: [Player Name] in your QT. If your target does not target that player with at least one active power, all active actions they use that night will be blocked and they will no longer be your Mentee.

Hydrad:
Flavor Name: Le Havre
Role Name: Hammering Deflector

Move worker: Each night, you may target one player and then another. All actions that target the first player will target the second player instead.

Final Action: The first time a Euro game is lynched during the game, the following day, if a player reaches L-1 and your vote is not already on them, your vote will be secretly moved to them and you will hammer them.

Teproc:
Flavor Name: Carcassone
Role Name: Vengeful Triggered Cop

Place Follower: Each night, you may target one player. That player will be given the "Followed" status unless your action was blocked.

Complete a Feature: Another player has a power that is linked with yours. If they target a "Followed" player or if you ever give the "Follower" status to a player they have targeted, you will be told the alignment of the "Followed" player in the form of a Euro game/Not a Euro game.

Farming Bonus: When you die, for every living "Followed" player, you may name a player. Each named player will receive the investigation results for the Followed player of the night of your choosing.

Witherweaver (Started with Wooden Meeple):
Flavor Name: Settlers of Catan
Role Name: Diverting Priest/Trading Traitor
Alignment: Mass Market Game
Win Condition: You win when the majority of players alive are Mass Market games or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Wood for Sheep: Each night, you may target one player and then another. If they don't share the same alignment, all Components held by the first target will be given to the second target and vice versa.

Move the Robber: Twice during the game, if you didn't use Wood for Sheep, you may target a player. All Killing actions that target you will be redirected to the named player.

Robber on your Hex: If you ever attempt to cast the hammering vote, it will not be counted.

The Boardgame of our Time: Even though you are a Mass Market game, you do not have access to any factional powers. You also don't know the identity of any other Mass Market games. A post from their factional QT has been posted in your Role QT. When all other Mass Market games have died, your Move the Robber will become the factional kill.

Haddock:
Flavor Name: Clue
Role Name: Obfuscating 3-shot Bookie
Alignment: Mass Market Game. Your factional QT is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Lmi3vxrTdfUzR
Win Condition: You win when the majority of players alive are Mass Market games or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Make an Accusation: You have 3 shots. Each night (including N0), you may spend a shot to target a player. If that player is lynched the following day, your team will be able to complete an additional factional kill the following night.

Confidential: Once during the game, before the first 72 hours of a Day have elapsed, you may post CONFIDENTIAL in your Role QT. If a non-Mass Market game is lynched that day, they will have their Alignment, Role Name, and Flavor Name all be hidden from the general thread and be privately posted in your Role QT. At anytime following their lynch, you may opt to bring that player back to life at the start of the following day by posting Reveal in your Role QT.

iguanaiguana/A Drowned Kernel:
Flavor Name: Scrabble
Role Name: Encrypting Jack of All Trades
Alignment: Mass Market Game. Your factional QT is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Lmi3vxrTdfUzR

Table Talk: While you're alive, the Mass Market QT will be open during the day.

Spell:
You start the game with a certain number of letters {3 L, 3 D, 2 S, 2 A, 2 E, 2 O, 1 T, 1 U, 1 P, 1 N, 1 C}. Each night, you may spend any number of them to spell one of the following actions:

STEAL: Target one player. If no one else is trying to take Components from them with a similar action, you will take any and all Components that player has.
DUO: The following day, two lynches will occur. The result of the first won't be resolved until after the result of the second. This will be announced at the start of the day.
PULL: Target one player and then another. Any actions taken by the first player will affect the second.
SEND: Target one player. Tell me a message 500 characters or less. That message will be sent to the targeted player.
DEAD: You will be told the names of any Components held by the player who was lynched the previous day. You will be told "No Result" if this action is blocked.
COP: Target one player. You will be told their Role Name. You will be told "No Result" if your action was blocked.
STOP: Target one player. All non-Killing actions that target them will be blocked.
CON: Target one player and name a Component. If they have that Component, they must give it away the following day. If they don't, they will be unable to receive it the following Day.

gkrieg13 (Started with Paper Money):
Flavor Name: Monopoly
Role Name: Paper Money Enabling Even-Night Jailkeeper

No One Likes Paper Money:
If you die, the Paper Money component will be destroyed at the end of the following night.

Go to Jail: Each even (2, 4, 6, etc.) night, you may target one player. All actions they complete will be blocked and they will be protected from one Killing action.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 30, 2016, 04:04:34 pm »

I also totally didn't anticipate WW being a traitor.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 30, 2016, 04:08:44 pm »

That was still probably my best scum game to date.  Bad night actions, but it was pretty good overall

What?  Fake claiming Masons with me isn't your best game ever?

I meant where I was read as town the most. Fake claiming Masons is on A whole different level!!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 30, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

Yay.

But also boo.

As you'll see in my QT, I was... befuddled by all the "let's have everyone win" sentiment. I was really hoping for Hydrad double-crossing ash, though the fact that there was a majority of ameritrashers would have made that a bit risky.

Oh yeah, you'll see in the neighborhood that ash, Hydrad and myself dealt with the game winning components. ash got th Meeple from Hydrad, I got the dice from ash.

I was considering this. But if ash didn't get it and gkreig wasn't the last scum. I felt like the game could potentially end up badly.

what would of happened if no one won though? a draw? I've never seen that happen.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 30, 2016, 04:54:20 pm »

This was far and away my best game ever as town. I've finally figured it out so I'm probably ruined for playing scum.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 30, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »

It became clear to me that gkrieg was scum by Poe and ashersky and or hydrad had the win conditions in order.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

I didn't think the ADK lynch was that weird. Egork popping Haddock was game breaking though.

Why did ashersky tunnel SS so hard? I was almost convinced he was the final scum over that. I just had a sudden moment of clarity in the end.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 30, 2016, 05:04:10 pm »

ah... puh

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 30, 2016, 05:06:47 pm »

That is one complicated setup. I am impressed. My role was very intriguing. Congratulations to the mods.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 30, 2016, 05:08:43 pm »

I liked the setup, too. I'm glad I did something right with the card sleeves.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 30, 2016, 05:09:04 pm »

You were unfortunately very very caught by PoE. I was your greatest ally, really, as the scenario I was hoping for could have resulted in enough town confusion to put you back in the game, but losing ADK and Haddock in one fell swoop was pretty insane. Still can't believe EgorK took that shot.
Mass Market games were totally on track to win this until the weird ADK lynch and the EgorK sniping Haddock.
So much this.
EgorK targeting RR was pretty bad, but nonetheless I think he deserves MVP.  If I'd survived the night, we were basically a mislynch away from victory thanks to my doublekill setup (I planned to target myself the next night and then intentionally get lynched).

That was god damn brutal, guys.
So much this, too.  Enormously painful.

I do feel I played OK this game.  I had everyone except EgorK convinced I was towny, which was good considering that I am literally ALWAYS found scummy on D1, so turning that around was nice (obviously the fakeclaim saved me there).  Egor holding back his reads, much as it pissed off everyone playing, probably stopped us killing him, so good play there too.

BLEH.

How did SS survive N1?  That's the main bit I don't get.  Does Follower somehow protect him?
Oh Card Sleeves.  Grim.  Two perfectly timed uses of that; WOW. 

:( :( :(

Now can someone join Cupcake Mafia please?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 30, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »

Also.
In Switch, we basically agreed to not really bus each other, quote: "It doesn't do what people think it does"
I am officially completely on board with this now.
The three of us pretty much agreed to bus each other brutally right from D1.  And it won us precisely zero towncred.  Well, maybe I would have got towncred from being on the ADK wagon.  From everyone except the one person who mattered.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 30, 2016, 05:14:27 pm »

Now can someone join Cupcake Mafia please?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 30, 2016, 05:14:42 pm »

I am officially completely on board with this now.

Good to know!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.