Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 196484 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2019, 05:41:50 pm »

Although scum can't be sure of town vs town from it, because we could change our minds, and of course there's a traitor
Vote: Joseph

Only scum can know that there is a Traitor.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »

Although scum can't be sure of town vs town from it, because we could change our minds, and of course there's a traitor

If we have a scum promoter
Hence why some of us aren't just giving them all away for free.....

Vote: faust

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2019, 06:40:26 pm »

I think ari is town. Too.... noisy? I guess is the word I want to use. Very few people can play the game the way ari is playing when they’re scum.

However I do think mix is scum.

vote: mix
I think ari sounds very self conscious. vote: ari

That’s fair. I just thought it came off to me as frustrated newbie town

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2019, 06:41:43 pm »

I thought it was a certainty that there was
Man this setup just confuses me more and more....
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2019, 06:54:18 pm »

Wait, you thought that there was always a traitor? I thought you were doing a hypothetical...still don't like how faust jumped here.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2019, 07:13:37 pm »

Wait, you thought that there was always a traitor? I thought you were doing a hypothetical...still don't like how faust jumped here.
I would've said "And there could be a traitor" otherwise. Which seems to be exactly what faust is picking up on
Because looking at the quadrant with traitor, no town can no for sure that there's a traitor, as the town roles also exist in other quadrants (I'm actually reading the quadrants competently now!)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2019, 02:39:10 am »

MiX doesn't look particularly scummy to me. I have no reason to vote him, yet. I have no defense of him outright, except for his marked calmness with which he sits at L-3. I probably wont be joining this wagon. Feel free to give reasons to vote MiX, if anyone thinks it would be wise.

My calmness is...I'm trying to muster up energy to reread and have reads. Untill then I deserve this wagon.

So Swan also hasn't talked today...so sad. Everytime I post I want to vote...I just want to vote...somewhere...but not sure where.

I am caught up and reading along - it was one my best friends birthday and the situation has had me wrapped up. I do have some things I want to get out, they will come soon.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2019, 04:55:59 am »

MiX doesn't look particularly scummy to me. I have no reason to vote him, yet. I have no defense of him outright, except for his marked calmness with which he sits at L-3. I probably wont be joining this wagon. Feel free to give reasons to vote MiX, if anyone thinks it would be wise.

My calmness is...I'm trying to muster up energy to reread and have reads. Untill then I deserve this wagon.

So Swan also hasn't talked today...so sad. Everytime I post I want to vote...I just want to vote...somewhere...but not sure where.

I am caught up and reading along - it was one my best friends birthday and the situation has had me wrapped up. I do have some things I want to get out, they will come soon.
L-3 isn't the sort of place where you have to immediately  get worked up about being lynched....

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2019, 07:46:08 am »

So something just occurred to me.

If we have a scum promoter, they want to set up a town v. town scenario. So they want to target a town player who they think will most likely target another town player. In other words, knowing everybody's reads is really, really helpful to them. We might want to keep a little more mum about who we think is town.
...That is a fantastic reason. I stand corrected. Unvote

Would scum!Ari be aware enough of meta already to know that backing down like this in the face of evidence is usually worth townpoints? I suspect not, because in most ways they're coming off as very newbie-ish.

I agree with Chairs's assessment that Ari is quite noisy, in they there's a lot of "town should do X" content that experienced town just knows to skip over because it's non-helpful. I also think they're self-conscious, as EFHW said, but I don't necessarily see that being too alignment-indicative given the newbieness. So I'm reading them as non-scummy for now.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2019, 07:47:36 am »

Happy to have someone else keep me company on the Joseph wagon. Sadly, I do think there's a pretty high chance Joseph's just being unobservant instead of explicitly scumslipping.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2019, 08:18:33 am »

I think ari is town. Too.... noisy? I guess is the word I want to use. Very few people can play the game the way ari is playing when they’re scum.

However I do think mix is scum.

vote: mix
I think ari sounds very self conscious. vote: ari

That’s fair. I just thought it came off to me as frustrated newbie town
It could, but having played that last game where he was scum, I don't think he needs any newb passes.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2019, 08:39:16 am »

I have a strong urge to dissasociate myself with ari before we both get lynched. Does this mean I think ari's scum?

So much to go through...faust isn't scummy, ari, your case isn't really a case as it is stating faust's posts...which are pretty towny. Well, faust towny, which means I have no idea what he is.

joth, what's your ari case? And Glooble, why do you like mcmc's case on me?

two posts up

Can you quote ari's scummy line?

PPE 1

Pps lots, this looks like scum wondering how fast he can jump on another viable wagon he had not previously had a scum read on.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2019, 08:46:01 am »

So something just occurred to me.

If we have a scum promoter, they want to set up a town v. town scenario. So they want to target a town player who they think will most likely target another town player. In other words, knowing everybody's reads is really, really helpful to them. We might want to keep a little more mum about who we think is town.
...That is a fantastic reason. I stand corrected. Unvote

Would scum!Ari be aware enough of meta already to know that backing down like this in the face of evidence is usually worth townpoints? I suspect not, because in most ways they're coming off as very newbie-ish.

I agree with Chairs's assessment that Ari is quite noisy, in they there's a lot of "town should do X" content that experienced town just knows to skip over because it's non-helpful. I also think they're self-conscious, as EFHW said, but I don't necessarily see that being too alignment-indicative given the newbieness. So I'm reading them as non-scummy for now.

So I actually think ari’s “Noisy-ness” has been prompted by other players criticism of his play not necessarily his case and his want to defend/elaborate his stance. His faust case was poor, but then people saying his dislike of people not giving reasons is bad because metas I think is actually the noisy part. I think ari is towny and joth slightly scummy for his pressure on ari
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2019, 08:49:55 am »

I don’t find joth scummy for that - seeing if you can find scum day 1 is always going to involve pressure, and even if we don’t lynch ari today we now have some red meat to review for later days too.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2019, 08:57:36 am »

Happy to have someone else keep me company on the Joseph wagon. Sadly, I do think there's a pretty high chance Joseph's just being unobservant instead of explicitly scumslipping.
But that's not how we get more company!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2019, 12:00:32 pm »

Unobservant Joseph doesn't necessarily imply he's town... I think for him it's not particularly alignment-indicative. I still don't think he's the worst person to lynch today.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2019, 01:01:59 pm »

You also don’t get more company by pushing bad cases & making bad/unexplained votes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2019, 02:28:46 pm »

Unobservant Joseph doesn't necessarily imply he's town... I think for him it's not particularly alignment-indicative. I still don't think he's the worst person to lynch today.

I would say that his comments suggest that if he is scum, he's the traitor
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »

So does mcmc always have bad reads? It feels uncharacteristic, but the case itself isn't the worst so I don't know if he's scum or not.

On the other hand, gkrieg hasn't done much other than vote for me, and faust just moved his vote to Joseph for something that makes perfect sense in context...faust, do you have any other reason to vote there? Otherwise I think these are my scumreads...problem is these are all highly competent players that I don't want to lynch D1...

Haven't actually finished sorting reads (I'm ISOing everyone and that actually takes a while), but I wanted to ask these questions before I continue:

Third: I don’t believe the initial vote on Chairs for his lack of posting comes from scum all that often, but I’m more inclined to see the first person to jump at that as a reasonable vote as scummy.

What's your thought on Joseph here?

And

MiX appears to be playing a game based on a team motivation.

What does this even mean? Can you point me to something that demonstrates it?

I haven't seen the answers and they seemed important (yes, they're all implicit defenses but I see no harm in the first question and the second one would help me understand mcmc's case better).

Original thought: Space, why are you voting Joseph?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2019, 03:47:05 pm »

What’s strange for Mcmc is his tunneling. It’s uncharacteristic for him to make an unwavering D1 read that he then continues to pursue by construing every post by that player as having a scum bias/narrative.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 27, 2019, 03:51:57 pm »

MiX, how do you feel about Joth so far?

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »

What’s strange for Mcmc is his tunneling. It’s uncharacteristic for him to make an unwavering D1 read that he then continues to pursue by construing every post by that player as having a scum bias/narrative.

That's one way of putting it, yeah. Thanks!

He still feels anti-town, but not sure if he's scummy...I believe I'm reading everything he does as scummy, which at this point seems to be my bias more than a sign he's scum.

Did you deliberately choose to ignore my question?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »

That's not so strange for him.  vote: Galzria

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2019, 07:11:51 pm »

That's not so strange for him.  vote: Galzria

It’s highly unusual for him.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2019, 07:14:07 pm »

That's one way of putting it, yeah. Thanks!

He still feels anti-town, but not sure if he's scummy...I believe I'm reading everything he does as scummy, which at this point seems to be my bias more than a sign he's scum.

Did you deliberately choose to ignore my question?

Can you requote it? I didn’t deliberately ignore anything, but certainly may have missed it. If you’re busy though, I’m sure I’ll be able to find it later.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.