Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126946 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »

I have been lurking indeed; yesterday was busy. I should be on more today to answer any questions.

No that was not a hedge defense of skip, I just wanted to see what ADK's reasoning is.

I think Teproc and WW are of the same alignment. Whether that's town or scum, I don't know.

If Teproc is scum, Mail-Mi is highly likely to be scum as well.  It is known.

And why is that?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:28 pm »

Heh. For me, I've noticed that I'm much more aggressive as Town (well, when I'm not just lurker!chairs, which is a meta that has harmed me as Town but helped me as Mafia). I already know my scum tell is probably going to be "get along with everybody" because I'm always paranoid to be mean/aggro as scum but I'm not sure how I'm going to smooth that out.

(I'm Town this game. It just occurred to me and I wanted to share as an aside).

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »

I have been lurking indeed; yesterday was busy. I should be on more today to answer any questions.

No that was not a hedge defense of skip, I just wanted to see what ADK's reasoning is.

I think Teproc and WW are of the same alignment. Whether that's town or scum, I don't know.

And why is that?

Yeah, I can't say I understand this association.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »

Yep, it's L-1. chairs, did you know it was L-1 ?

Obviously don't hammer, need more time to discuss etc.

Uh, Chairs? Why is this scummy?

Teproc appeared to be really, really pushing WW to me (maybe your impression will be different). I'm of the opinion that if you're pushing a wagon, you don't throw the brakes when the wagon gets to the edge of the cliff.

As far as WW's behavior - it's generated a lot of interaction on D1. That's something we reliably struggle with, imho, to the point that I almost ignore D1 in Normal (not RMM) games out of habit. Sure, he's been abrasive, but abrasive has led to a lot of opportunities for us to review each other on later Days after flips, which is the best part of forum Mafia, right?
are you saying that ww is purposely trying to generate interactions and you consider that towny?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2015, 01:35:24 pm »

And why is that?

Ditto.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2015, 01:40:02 pm »

And for what it's worth, if only one of Teproc/WW is scum, i think it would be Teproc, for the same reason as chairs.

Also, I think chairs is town and won't lynch him today.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:26 pm »

But about faking activity, etc., I think it's kind of a universal scum tell,

I fake activity as town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »

Teproc appeared to be really, really pushing WW to me (maybe your impression will be different). I'm of the opinion that if you're pushing a wagon, you don't throw the brakes when the wagon gets to the edge of the cliff.

As far as WW's behavior - it's generated a lot of interaction on D1. That's something we reliably struggle with, imho, to the point that I almost ignore D1 in Normal (not RMM) games out of habit. Sure, he's been abrasive, but abrasive has led to a lot of opportunities for us to review each other on later Days after flips, which is the best part of forum Mafia, right?
are you saying that ww is purposely trying to generate interactions and you consider that towny?

Yes.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:02 pm »

And why is that?

Ditto.

Because he's lining up mislynches, duh (from WW's PoV).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »

Well, that makes no sense. Both of those points actually.

To the first : you put someone at L-1two days into the game, of course I'm going to pull the brakes. mail-mi had three posts when you voted, and many people had not had the time to properly state their opinion on recent devlopments. I myself was waiting to hear about the mail-mi case (I'm not convinced, but mail-mi is someone I have a very hard time catching without interactions or PoE), so yeah.

The second implies that WW was trying to get a wagon on himself and is therefore town ? Or something ? It really makes no sense, most of WW's activity has been defending himself, which is good if he's town, but obviously something he'd do as scum too.

PPE : 2
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2015, 01:57:50 pm »

I don't think the mail-mi/Teproc scumteam line of reasoning makes much sense either (not only for the obvious reasons), but I doubt WW meant much by it. As a reminder : thinking about scumteams on day 1 is almost always counterproductive.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2015, 02:02:59 pm »

It would be nice to know the opinion of Awaclus, joseph and Hydrad about all this.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2015, 02:25:26 pm »

So much has happened!

So WW. Since I've started playing I think WW feels different then normal. If this was my first game I would say his reactions here are towny. But for some reason WW just feels different but it could just be I've never seen him have to react to a day 1 lynch possibility.

On phone so will post more later
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2015, 02:28:33 pm »

I don't think the mail-mi/Teproc scumteam line of reasoning makes much sense either (not only for the obvious reasons), but I doubt WW meant much by it. As a reminder : thinking about scumteams on day 1 is almost always counterproductive.

It's something Jimmmm pointed out once: a lot of the time, when scum has a  scumpartners in a big argument, etc., they make comments like "town v. town" or "same alignment" or something to that effect.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

It's something Jimmmm pointed out once: a lot of the time, when scum has a  scumpartners in a big argument, etc., they make comments like "town v. town" or "same alignment" or something to that effect.

Oh I know. He actually observed it in Chocolate Factory, where he had a big fight with ash (who was scum, which Jimmm knew because he had goon copped him and was trying to lynch him without claiming to out the partners), and I (ash's scumbuddy) kinda just said "looks like town v town to me" and moved on.

I'm not saying there's no merit to it, but it's something that only becomes worth discussing once someone does flip scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:37 pm »

Right, but sometimes I forget to go back to things, and I don't know that I'll be around if or when you flip scum, so that was more a "let's get this on record" comment.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2015, 03:27:34 pm »

Nicely done.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »

Wait, not nicely done, you had the "if or" in there. I'm disappointed.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2015, 03:47:45 pm »

This is L-2 I believe.

Sweet, early wagons are on town.
Or they don't result in a lynch, or something.  I don't remember what the mantra is.
Probably both, it must be a town wagon because I'm town, right?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2015, 03:51:30 pm »

It's weird that you think that's a justification.

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

You know nothing, UmbrageOfSnow.

vote: Witherweaver

There's a reason I quoted WW, not skip, when questioning the "justifying an RVS vote" reasoning. He's encouraging suspicion based on dubious reasons without actually taking part... and when confronted, has nothing to say about it. Perhaps hoping we'd just move on ? I won't, town!WW is more engaged than this, and wouldn't only post the jokey response. He would do that and follow it up with an actual post of significance. Here his only post of significance is "yeah, that thing is totally scummy, you go ahead and lynch that guy".

Looks fine to me. I think Teproc is mistaken about WW, but he does have a point here.
I don't see how this is scummy from Teproc either.

It would be nice to know the opinion of Awaclus, joseph and Hydrad about all this.
I think WW is scummy, which probably makes Teproc slightly town.
chairs is lurky, but that's not a tell of anything.

And why is that?
Don't understand this either.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:54 pm »

I'm lurky? I feel like I've been posting pretty damn frequently.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 19, 2015, 04:51:16 pm »

Hydrad: How RVSy was this vote really?  Can you elaborate on your thoughts at the time you made it?

Vote: WW

because I want to see him lynched day 1 once.

And what do you think of Teproc's response to it?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 19, 2015, 04:58:06 pm »

I'm lurky? I feel like I've been posting pretty damn frequently.
9 posts in 2 days isn't super-active, although it is pretty active for chairs actually.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 19, 2015, 05:01:21 pm »

Hydrad: How RVSy was this vote really?  Can you elaborate on your thoughts at the time you made it?

At the time it was pretty RVSy but its kinda turned into a real vote (now I'm scum because I said that right)

Then for teprocs response I guess I agreed with it. We were pretty much out of RVS and with my WW vote there I could have turned the game back into RVS and just hurt us so I think his point was valid.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 19, 2015, 05:03:12 pm »

At the time it was pretty RVSy but its kinda turned into a real vote (now I'm scum because I said that right)

Then for teprocs response I guess I agreed with it. We were pretty much out of RVS and with my WW vote there I could have turned the game back into RVS and just hurt us so I think his point was valid.

Cool.  Any particular reason you wanted to move off Seprix at that time?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.