Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vineyards Recovery  (Read 889 times)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Vineyards Recovery
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:39:21 am »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130630/log.5147a1c0e4b0bef57ec89d36.1372599074686.txt

Supply cards: Vineyard, Crossroads, Duchess, Stonemason, Spy, Worker's Village, Junk Dealer, Rabble, Harem

My opponent and I have very different strategies.  He goes for a Crossroads + Harem strategy, which is working VERY well at first.  I go for a Worker's Village + Rabble with Junk Dealer for clearing strategy, hoping to use the overpay from Stonemason to double up some purchases.  My deck starts very slowly, as I miss hitting the crucial $7 for a long time, and his Rabbles skip a lot of good cards (his turn 11 play causes all 3 of my Worker's Villages to miss the reshuffle).

I think the game is lost, but then I realize... hey, I have a lot of actions.  Maybe I can go Vineyards!?  And I do!  And what will let me gain lots of actions?  Stonemason trashing!  I play it a bit poorly on turn 16 (should have SMed a JD into 2 potions first!), but then I am able to have a huge last turn, and end up with 10 point vineyards and an easy victory.
A man on a mission.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: Vineyards Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:04:59 pm »

Yeah, vineyard looks super dominant here. It's a shame there were no other potion cards to use stonemason on.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.