Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57  All

Author Topic: M66: Paris Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 131735 times)

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: M66: Paris Mafia
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2015, 11:33:15 am »

Is there a way to ISO people on this site?
Stop using words we don't understand!

~~Still V/LA~~

What was the other one?  ???

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2015, 11:54:51 am »

~~Still V/LA~~

He wants to know if there's a way to read people's posts in isolation. Thanks, based Google!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2015, 12:03:20 pm »

~~Still V/LA~~

He wants to know if there's a way to read people's posts in isolation. Thanks, based Google!

Yes. That. Its very useful to go through all of one persons posts in isolation for many different reasons.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »

Isn't there the threat of reading people out of context and tunneling though?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:34 pm »

It works trust me. Its really easy to make a case against someone doing this. Some things you can tell from ISOing some one is who and what they had interaction with as well as things like if they are scum hunting or not. Those would be the basics of it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

ISO? I'm not familiar with that one.

Also, faust is mime.

vote: xp.

chairs was right half the time, and when he was wrong, he was so wrong you were never in any doubt about it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2015, 01:12:39 pm »

@seprix, you never answered my questions. Another reason for the FoS.

Also, even though XP may or may not be joking, if he was not joking he is pulling something which is another reason we need him alive for a few more days. IMO either he is Mime trying to get lynched or Town playing all tricky like.

But you have so many questions........

you're free to answer them any time.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

What did I not answer?

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »

What did I not answer?

The following:

Yeah, that is a bit vague. I thought it made perfect sense.

The statement 'It's never too early to play seriously' is an opinion. It's a fact that so far, people have been joking around, as with most all Mafia games.

Well I've caught scum with my first post, so there's that. What I'm trying to say is that even when people are joking around you can still catch scum.

What makes you think WW was not being serious?

What makes you think he was not trying to catch scum?

If he's not trying to catch scum and he's not being serious, why didn't you question me about my vote on him without me bringing it up first?

Why do you say no one is being serious but still think that I should have a serious vote?

What makes you think it is a fact that no one is taking this game serious so far? Do you know what everyone is thinking? Don't state "facts" so loosely that cannot be proven one way or another; that is just sloppy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »

What did I not answer?

The following:

The statement 'It's never too early to play seriously' is an opinion. It's a fact that so far, people have been joking around, as with most all Mafia games.

Well I've caught scum with my first post, so there's that. What I'm trying to say is that even when people are joking around you can still catch scum.

If he's not trying to catch scum and he's not being serious, why didn't you question me about my vote on him without me bringing it up first?

Why do you say no one is being serious but still think that I should have a serious vote?

What makes you think it is a fact that no one is taking this game serious so far? Do you know what everyone is thinking? Don't state "facts" so loosely that cannot be proven one way or another; that is just sloppy.

I answered most of those.

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2015, 01:34:18 pm »

What did I not answer?

The following:

I answered most of those.

Ah.. could you quote where you answered them please.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2015, 01:36:14 pm »

It works trust me. Its really easy to make a case against someone doing this. Some things you can tell from ISOing some one is who and what they had interaction with as well as things like if they are scum hunting or not. Those would be the basics of it.

Many of us have an "isotropic username: [username]" or "goko username: [username]" that we've used in the past.  You can look at the whole thread, then search "me: [username]" if they have it.

To all of the people who don't have an iso or goko username: could you please put it on?

Also, I still find QuickSync scummy for his XP vote and immediate unvote.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2015, 01:42:28 pm »

Many of us have an "isotropic username: [username]" or "goko username: [username]" that we've used in the past.  You can look at the whole thread, then search "me: [username]" if they have it.

To all of the people who don't have an iso or goko username: could you please put it on?

what is ISO and goku names?

Why is what I did scummy tho?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »

2/3 of his posts were not serious, his third was kind of an easy 1 sentence phrase to look towny while contributing little to discussion. I did not answer this question.

The fun clowning around was wrapping up though, and when it did, WW wasn't around to comment, except question one bit in regards to XP's PR fiasco (which may be worth further investigating, which was why the votes were coming in the first place).

What makes you think it is a fact that no one is taking this game serious so far? Do you know what everyone is thinking?

Quote from:  Seprix
Most of this game has been either jokes, comments about past games, possible metas, or appreciation about mimes. There have been few actual reads this game so far, but that's to be expected this early in the game. I don't think I have said anything wrong when I stated that 'people aren't currently playing seriously'. I don't know what people are thinking, but I do know what other people are typing, and until the last page or so, I haven't seen too much serious discussion.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2015, 01:48:09 pm »

Isotropic is where you used to be able to play Dominion online, and Goko is the place where you play it now (well, not really, now it's Making Fun).  You can set them in your profile.

I think XP is a mime, and you unvoted him right after doing it, and I'm saying it looks like you realized the XP vote might have been scummy and unvoted.

But, thinking about it, scum shouldn't want to vote for the mimes either, so my argument just got invalidated...  Unvote
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »

Quote from: QuickSync

#EditingWoes

I have my reasons.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

faust is the scum. vote: faust

The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.

I agree, but this particular day is quite fun so far.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2015, 02:27:27 pm »

2/3 of his posts were not serious, his third was kind of an easy 1 sentence phrase to look towny while contributing little to discussion. I did not answer this question.

Implying that you have reduced this fraction is misleading.    Also scummy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:29 pm »

Implying that you have reduced this fraction is misleading.    Also scummy.

I was talking about your first 3 posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »

Yes, that's my point.  Also my only three posts when this discussion began.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M66: Paris Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2015, 03:10:11 pm »

Vote Count 1.2
“You see in such a world as this, an idealist — or perhaps it’s only a sentimentalist — must be stoned to death.” ― Ford Madox Ford, Parade's End

QuickSynch (3): Seprix, Faust, XP
XP (3): Awaclus, Ghacob, chairs
Witherweaver (1): gkrieg13
Faust (1): Silverspawn
Awaclus (1): Witherweaver
Not Voting (4): EgorK, Hydrad, QuickSync, Sudgy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, 7 to no-lynch.
Day 1 ends August 27, 6 PM Forum Time.

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »

Isotropic is where you used to be able to play Dominion online, and Goko is the place where you play it now (well, not really, now it's Making Fun).  You can set them in your profile.

I think XP is a mime, and you unvoted him right after doing it, and I'm saying it looks like you realized the XP vote might have been scummy and unvoted.

But, thinking about it, scum shouldn't want to vote for the mimes either, so my argument just got invalidated...  Unvote

That doesn't follow.. Just because you think XP is mime is no reason to think I would think the same.. I gave my read on XP and its the only read I have given so far, so while I partially agree with you read on XP your reasons for unvoting me are not good.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:17 pm »

Did EgorK post yet?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2015, 04:16:10 pm »

I'm feeling XP mine here.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2015, 04:16:37 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 16 queries.