Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A "Duration" attack that works  (Read 1169 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
A "Duration" attack that works
« on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:27 pm »
+1

All this talking about a duration cost increaser got me thinking about how to make a working "Duration" attack. Here's an idea:

Freebooter
Action - Attack, 4$
+2 Cards
Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand puts a card from it aside face-down.
At his next clean-up phase, he discards it. If he does and would draw 5 cards for his next turn, he instead only draws 4.

Do you think it needs a Duration type (with a next-turn instruction that is not an attack) to avoid people forgetting what that set-aside card is for?

Edit: Okay... Nobody cares.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:51:51 pm by Asper »

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: A "Duration" attack that works
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51:55 pm »
+1

It seems a little weird. I don't quite get it. During your turn, you play it; then your opponent sets aside a card; then during their turn, they discard it and only draw 4 cards. OK, I get it now. Discard down to 4 this turn, pre-minion for the next turn.

I think it could work. The interaction with moat is clear - if you have Moat in hand when it's played, the attack gets moated, but by the next cleanup phase it's clear there's nothing that's left to moat, the attack is playing out. It might end up too confusing for actual play, not sure.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.