Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:34:40 pm 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by Augie279
slightly over 24 hour warning

Get those last couple of cards in!

on: Today at 11:01:46 am 
Started by Axxle - Last post by silverspawn

all spam calls (very likely), still the fallout of participating in that internet lottery thing once that I talked about. These people are relentless

on: Today at 08:57:43 am 
Started by Axxle - Last post by faust
Isn't it sad that the conspiratorial anit-globalist crowd converged on being anti-vaxxine of all things? You could have rolled dice to pick a common medical practice and most likely would have found something more worthy of criticism.
Most people who are anti-vax also oppose various other medical practices. Vaccines are just the most contentious because they are sometimes prescribed.

on: Today at 08:46:38 am 
Started by Axxle - Last post by silverspawn
I've randomly encountered this former pastor on youtube at some point, but ended up watching a surprising amount of his videos. He's actually a very interesting guy; he retired from being a pastor because (according to him) it was emotionally draining as an introvert, got a job in software engineering instead, and then most recently got a job driving around a truck (delivering food to schools iirc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0F8-QJdris

Will definitely use this next time I debate a conservative about Trump, though that doesn't tend to happen a lot since I don't seek out political debates

on: Today at 05:22:54 am 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by silverspawn
Yeah card advantage on a 3$ is not

on: Today at 03:36:26 am 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by faust
NEW ENTRY

edit:
Communal ride

edit
I think this edit makes the card worse. It is much too powerful now, and makes winning the split way more important because the benefit for other players diminishes with the number of Communal Rides played.

on: Today at 03:02:24 am 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by fika monster
NEW ENTRY

edit:
Communal ride

edit to the edit: never mind, i agree

on: May 20, 2024, 08:02:59 pm 
Started by Zoyarox - Last post by BryGuy
:)                                                      :)
Ice Smithy • $3 • Action - Reaction
Discard a card for +4 Cards.
Freeze-2.
-
When you discard this other than in Clean-up, +1 Card.
:)
Here is a Smithy variant that is better, but is put on ice for two turns.
I prefer the to use this mechanic where the token is removed with each shuffel, but i designed this with the rules as stated.

on: May 20, 2024, 10:43:07 am 
Started by Zoyarox - Last post by Tiago

I don't know if 6 is the right number.

Inspired by Distant Lands of course, instead of only worth points after something, it's only worth points before something. Does that count as "fitting in modern Dominion" enough?

on: May 20, 2024, 10:37:38 am 
Started by Zoyarox - Last post by Zoyarox
For this contest, we will revisit Gazbag's Ice Token mechanic!

- Instructions can have you set aside a card with tokens on it, using a wording like "freeze [this] with # Ice Tokens"; e.g. "Freeze the top card of your deck with 2 Ice Tokens."
- At the start of your turn, remove 1 Ice Token from each card you own that is frozen with Ice tokens on it.
- Once the last token is removed, the card is put into the players discard pile immediately.

For examples of cards using the mechanic, refer to FCMW 9's post or Gazbag's Fan Expansion Dominion: Ice Age.

The Dominion: Ice Age post was created more than 7 years ago. Since then a lot has happened in Dominion: We've got new expansions, new mechanics, and second edition of cards. We have night cards, next time-effects, Traits, Loots, Rewards, Allies, ... you name it!

What cold magic can Ice Tokens work in these new use cases? Thus this week's challenge:

Design any form of card that uses the Ice Token mechanic and fits into the world of "modern Dominion", ideally using any newer mechanic or effects.

Reminder of expansions since 2017:
  • Nocturne
  • Renaissance
  • Renaissance
  • Renaissance
  • Menagerie
  • Allies
  • Plunder
  • Guilds 2E
  • Cornucopia 2E
  • Prosperity 2E
  • Seaside 2E
  • Hinterlands 2E

Rules & Suggestions
- At least one card in your submission must include the Ice Token mechanic.
- Your submission can consist of multiple cards (Horses, non-supply-cards of your own creation, rotating split piles etc. pp.)
- Your submission must include an image of the card(s), at least a mock-up. I prefer to have something visual along the cards name and theme (and of course to see how the text fits on the card).
- Think of the vibe, images, themes (like seafaring, reactions, cold), mechanics (like next time, Loot, Night phase) and other effects introduced with in recent cards.

Submission Info & Judgment Criteria
- Ingenuity in the use of Ice Tokens and recent themes and instructions, fun, balance and versatility; in that order.
- The contest will end in roughly 7 days, I will post a 24h warning.
- If you want to submit a different card, please do so in a new post and mark your old one accordingly, so I know which one to judge.

I hope this challenge will help you cool down during these hot days.  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.