Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 152300 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 2 IS UNDERWAY)
« Reply #975 on: October 01, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »

BTW, while we're calculating worst case scenarios: I just looked through the setup and noticed the SK could ALSO have a Strongman kill.

You didn't know that already?

Sorry, I'm getting mean. I need to take breather.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47:29 pm »

BTW, while we're calculating worst case scenarios: I just looked through the setup and noticed the SK could ALSO have a Strongman kill.

I didn't!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 01, 2012, 03:48:21 pm »

If it matters to anyone, I suspect the mafia are either:

Grujah, Frisk, Jo

OR

3 of O, Insomniac, Theorel, and sparky

If there is a Serial Killer, I have a hard time fitting him into the first list.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 01, 2012, 03:49:25 pm »

I didn't!

Yeah, whenever I mentioned strongman kills I was speaking about Mafia JOAT or SK. For me it was part of the calculus for there not being an SK, because if he chose those kills there would be less reason to think a kill would have been blocked last night.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 01, 2012, 03:51:27 pm »

I didn't!

Yeah, whenever I mentioned strongman kills I was speaking about Mafia JOAT or SK. For me it was part of the calculus for there not being an SK, because if he chose those kills there would be less reason to think a kill would have been blocked last night.

In my head I assume that SK takes bulletproof, after O (i think) made a comment in M4 that the SK should always take bulletproof.  This stuck in my head because i had of course taken investigation immune (which was WORTHLESS) after seeing the power of cops previously, and being a mafia n00b.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 01, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »

I didn't!

In my head I assume that SK takes bulletproof, after O (i think) made a comment in M4 that the SK should always take bulletproof.  This stuck in my head because i had of course taken investigation immune (which was WORTHLESS) after seeing the power of cops previously, and being a mafia n00b.

I don't know that that is true, I think that in this game strongman ninja is way more powerful than investigation immune, it makes you untrackable and unblockable as opposed to untrackable.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »

Also, if you believe my claim, you can see why I would want to kill Grujah. If Grujah flips doctor, Frisk is town, Cuzz is probably town, we know exactly where to look next round. If Grujah flips scum, even better.

If we kill someone else, let's say sparky, what will happen? IF we don't win the WIFOM battle, I mean look I'm going to die. Grujah, Frisk, and Cuzz will all be alive, and the survivors will once again have to way this perilous decision of whether to trust them. If we answer that question now, I think it's better.

PPE I still think the SK would have been more likely take 1-shot immunity, even though all these doctors and JKing and tracking certainly makes strongman/ninja the better option.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 01, 2012, 03:55:55 pm »

I didn't!

I don't know that that is true, I think that in this game strongman ninja is way more powerful than investigation immune, it makes you untrackable and unblockable as opposed to untrackable.

Are you saying your kills are both Strong and Silent?  I read it as either or?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 01, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Also, if you believe my claim, you can see why I would want to kill Grujah. If Grujah flips doctor, Frisk is town, Cuzz is probably town, we know exactly where to look next round. If Grujah flips scum, even better.

If we kill someone else, let's say sparky, what will happen? IF we don't win the WIFOM battle, I mean look I'm going to die. Grujah, Frisk, and Cuzz will all be alive, and the survivors will once again have to way this perilous decision of whether to trust them. If we answer that question now, I think it's better.

PPE I still think the SK would have been more likely take 1-shot immunity, even though all these doctors and JKing and tracking certainly makes strongman/ninja the better option.

Yeah, I'm with you on the Gru lynch. And I'll even hammer once all the claims are in. Insom, you may as well claim.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 01, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

I didn't!

It's crystal clear to me from the intro post and mafia scum wiki that you choose to be 1-shot bulletpoor, or your kills are BOTH strongman and ninjaed.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 01, 2012, 03:58:43 pm »

I didn't!

Nope, I could be reading this thing wrong, like I completely missed the part about 7 rolls. and I read it as a choice between EITHER 1 shot bullet proof OR strong/ninja kills and the slash could be interpreted either way. I should read the role pm....

PPE: go read the opening post. it's both
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 01, 2012, 03:59:25 pm »

Yeah, I'm with you on the Gru lynch. And I'll even hammer once all the claims are in. Insom, you may as well claim.

Deal! I'm a VT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 01, 2012, 04:03:32 pm »

So that leaves Theorel and Sparky?  Who else?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 01, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

RobZ - I urge you to unvote.  If Grujah is telling the truth and we do have 6 PRs, then we can lose by lynching him.

Why do you guys view his claim as even remotely plausible as scum?  Would you ever drunk claim?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:33 pm »

Sparky - stop posting math problems and get in here.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 01, 2012, 04:09:04 pm »

RobZ - I urge you to unvote.  If Grujah is telling the truth and we do have 6 PRs, then we can lose by lynching him.

Why do you guys view his claim as even remotely plausible as scum?  Would you ever drunk claim?

I absolutely will not unvote, how dare you.

He had no choice but to claim when he was drunk. He was drunk, and he needed to claim. In that lens, picking Doctor makes sense as a lazy, drunken scum claim. He didn't even know someone else claimed it! And you've turned this into a too stupid to be disbelieved sort of thing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:32 pm »

But I'm not too happy to see that sparky was off in other places while we were discussing such important matters. Yeah, that's pretty scummy.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »

Joth - my #1 scumread - is threatening to hammer.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »

1 - ashersky - Vigilante
2 - Robz888 - Tracker
3 - Eevee - Hider
4 - Captain_Frisk - Jailkeeper
5 - cayvie - VT
6 - sparky5856 - ??
7 - jotheonah - VT
8 - Insomniac - VT
9 - Grujah - Doctor
10 - Cuzz - Doctor
11 - pingpongsam - VT
12 - O - VT
13 - theorel - ??

PPE: @Frisk - TBH I would drunk claim but as I've expressed in multiple QT's I personally don't ever fakeclaim, IF I was on the chopping block as town in Lylo I would fake claim Serial Killer when applicable. An example of this when I was scum and didn't fakeclaim is RMM1, I didn't tell the whole truth about my night actions, but I didn't lie about my role either. For the as town fakeclaiming serial killer see M4 Qt where I REALLY REALLY hoped it was what you had done.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:00 pm »

I would have done it too as town (or scum).  Unfortunately, I was the serial killer.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

In my head i keep serial killer and scum different.  Am I wrong?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 01, 2012, 04:15:23 pm »

Vote: Sparky

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »

Blah, I am a Doctor, I breadcrumed it and everything. You are now trying to base a case on me being slightly intoxicated, which I find ridiculous.

Also, remmeber when I said I consider forced claims bad? You see what happens when we do it? Mafia knows very well who (if any) fakeclaimed and who didn't, we don't - they have such an upper than now.

Trying to catch up with the thread right now, I have some meaningful stuff to say but would like to do it all in one go when I read the rest too, would appreciate if I don't get lynched in meantime.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

In my head i keep serial killer and scum different.  Am I wrong?

Mafia and sk are subsets of scum I think.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 01, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

If anyone ever says "but I breadcrumbed it!" again, I will policy lynch them.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.