Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:53:01 pm 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by Augie279
Can we submit a card that is in a rotating split pile? Or a split pile

Split piles are fine as long as at least one of the cards qualifies.

on: Today at 12:22:29 pm 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by fika monster
Can we submit a card that is in a rotating split pile? Or a split pile

on: Today at 09:03:55 am 
Started by Axxle - Last post by silverspawn
vaxxcccxxine

on: Today at 09:03:38 am 
Isn't it sad that the conspiratorial anit-globalist crowd converged on being anti-vaxxine of all things? You could have rolled dice to pick a common medical practice and most likely would have found something more worthy of criticism.

on: Today at 09:00:08 am 
One thing that's always bothered me is that the smart people I'm listening to tend to think that Ranked Choice is one of the worst alternatives to FPTP, although still better.
What's bad about ranked choice?

I don't actually know any of the technical arguments, that's why I formulated it like I did. The claim was that it's more susceptible to strategic voting that leads to bad outcomes than Approval voting.

on: Today at 07:59:21 am 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by silverspawn
Metropolis
- Action Duration
+1 Card and +2 Actions.
Choose one: +1 Card; or trash a card from your hand to gain a card costing exactly more than it.

Notes: It’s Lost City or a combined Village / Upgrade. It can be your +Actions, draw, and trashing, but with its high cost you're going to want other cards to be able to fill one or more of those roles too.

Name chosen before the similarly named “Polis” was posted.

Edit: mock-up here: https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html?title=Metropolis&description=%2B1%20Card%20and%20%2B2%20Actions.%0AChoose%20one%3A%20%2B1%20Card%3B%20or%20trash%20a%20card%20from%20your%20hand%20to%20gain%20a%20card%20costing%20exactly%20%20more%20than%20it.&type=Action&credit=&creator=&price=%246&preview=&type2=&color2split=1&boldkeys=&picture-x=0&picture-y=0&picture-zoom=1&traveller=false&trait=false&picture=&expansion=&custom-icon=&color0=0&color1=0&size=0

Duration type why? ???

edit: surround image with [img] [/ img] tags to embed

on: Today at 06:30:29 am 
Started by lowroar - Last post by lowroar
Alchemy Rebrewed is a fan-made expansion and simultaneously a second edition to Alchemy, which expands the original set to 400 cards, replacing 6 of the original Kingdom cards. It has 31 Kingdom cards, 15 Elixirs, 13 Events and 13 Spells.

The goal of this project, in contrast to my former potion-less Alchemy expansion, is to make Potion more useful in every game it appears in. It avoids the treasure-chest approach by only adding the usual mechanics of the Adventures-era, which are Events & Durations, and adds fan-made mechanics instead (Pupils, Elixirs and Spells), to maintain and strengthen the sense of identity of the set and account for its increased size.

Most of the new Potion cards interact with Potion in some way to make you want to draw it together with them, others justify their price point by adding an on-gain advantage, and the rest, well, they just try to be something that makes you willing to go through with the Potion investment.

Note that none of this is playtested, as I don't have the means to do so right now.

Note on original cards

Alchemist, Apothecary, Apprentice, Herbalist University and Vineyard remain unchanged, as does Potion itself (though it is changed by the presence of Elixirs).
Familiar, Golem, Philosopher's Stone, Scrying Pool & Transmute received new 2E-styled versions, see if you can spot them all. Possession is just gone.

Pupils

A mechanic by ChungBog, who posted their excellent Agraria expansion on these forums a whole ago. This one is from one of their other projects, Dominion: Academia, Vol.1 & Vol.2.

Concerning the mechanic itself, the mat pretty much explains it. So it's basically the +Card token that never got to be in favor of Horses, and it solves Donald X.'s original concern of hoarding the tokens by controlling how much you can spend in a given turn. "After playing an Action" means, you can spend the token after you do what you can do immediately with the Action card you played, so you don't have to wait for e.g. a Duration card to fully resolve next turn, or Merchant Guild to give you the Coffers. You can't spend them on Durations played last turn that do something on your current turn, though, or Reserve cards you called.

With the original Alchemy set being so focused on strong draw, the Pupils seemed like a natural fit for this, so I implemented them with ChungBog's blessing and advice. In total, 6 kingdom cards, 2 Events, 1 Elixir & 1 Spell use them.

KINGDOM CARD GALLERY: POTION CARDS

KINGDOM CARD GALLERY: NON-POTION CARDS

Elixirs

Before the game, when a card, Event and/or Spell with Potion in its cost is used, one Elixir is randomly chosen and put next to the Supply. It doesn't count toward the 2-per-game limit of other landscapes.

At the start of your turn, you may discard a Potion once to receive the effect specified on the Elixir. Once you play a card from your hand, that opportunity has passed (any effects that happen at the start of your turn don't count towards this).

Reddit user u/FordEngineerman originally suggested the Elixir mechanic in
this comment.

ELIXIR GALLERY

Spells

Spells are similar to Events like Plan or Training (from Adventures).

When a Spell instructs you to enchant a pile, choose a pile and put your Spell token on it. The tokens are used to track the specific effect it imposes upon that pile.

You may re-buy a Spell to put your token onto another pile.

Spells use Spell tokens. At the start of the game, each player may choose one token in their player color and take it. If there are 2 Spells, they take the 2 different Spell tokens in their player color.

If a game uses two Spells, use the Spell markers (on the right) and put one on each of the two Spells, in order to differiante the effects the tokens represent by the symbol on them.

The 13 Spells are inspired by Enchantments, which is a fan concept/mechanic about kingdom cards that modify piles.

SPELLS GALLERY

Events: Additional set-up rule

Short version: If there's a Potion event in the kingdom, there must also be a card with Potion in its cost. This is especially relevant to Dispense, which wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Longer version: When playing with randomized kingdoms, as soon as the first card, Event or Spell with Potion in its cost is randomly chosen, skip any other kingdom cards or landscapes until a second card with Potion in its cost turns up (if the first is an Event or Spell), or any of the aforementioned things turn up (if the first is a kingdom card), then continue normally.
If the last card in a kingdom is a card with Potion in its cost, skip cards until you reveal an Event or Spell with Potion in their cost. If you already have e.g. 2 Events at that point, nothing happens.
If you always use 2 landscapes and keep the randomizer decks for kingdom cards and landscapes seperate, first determine the 10 kingdom cards. If any of them cost Potion, skip any landscapes until one with Potion in its cost comes up, then continue normally. If none of the kingdom cards cost Potion, skip any landscapes with Potion in their cost.

The Event "Unleash" is an slightly modified version of "Divination" (3rd slide in this post)., an Event by reddit user u/theheirofbreath, who agreed to let me use it

u/TheRedKnight2's card "Hazard Dice" directly inspired the Event "Dice Roll".

EVENTS GALLERY

LINKS TO THE SINGLE IMAGES ON IMGUR

New & reworked Potion cards

New Non-Potion cards

Elixirs

Spells

Events

Pupil mat, Spell tokens & markers

on: May 17, 2024, 10:33:41 pm 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by Augie279
Metropolis
- Action Duration
+1 Card and +2 Actions.
Choose one: +1 Card; or trash a card from your hand to gain a card costing exactly more than it.

Notes: It’s Lost City or a combined Village / Upgrade. It can be your +Actions, draw, and trashing, but with its high cost you're going to want other cards to be able to fill one or more of those roles too.

Name chosen before the similarly named “Polis” was posted.

I'm requesting that all participants submit cards as images. This won't be judged until it is one, but if you'd like I can make an image version for you.

on: May 17, 2024, 09:54:36 pm 
Started by czzzz - Last post by czzzz
Contest Closes in 48 Hours
With judging shortly after. I'd love to see your idea, please submit before then!

on: May 17, 2024, 08:00:07 pm 
Started by Augie279 - Last post by Tiago

Inverse City Quarter!

Communal ride

Weak for me compared to Lost City.

Which is why it costs $3. This is meant to be used as a village, not a draw card.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.