Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 170222 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day1)
« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

Yeah, I've never seen ash with a small presence like this d1, scum or town. I've never seen someone beat him to explaining a plan though. So I guess it's a nullread.

Then it must be on purpose.

That's a little cryptic. Do you think ash, as scum, would purposefully be less active ?

Ash, as any alignment, would purposely do crazy things. He once stopped posting so he would get prodded. I forget which game off the top of my head.

I have never actually played with scum!ash but if he doesn't use such tactics as scum he'd be the most obvious person in the universe.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving all.  I'm semi-VLA for the holiday.

I see I am the topic of conversation.  Glad to see you all miss me.

As for my reduced presence so far this game, honestly it's just been a busy couple of weeks irl, and I'm just keeping up.  I think I'm still generating more useful content than many in the game regardless, and will catch more scum than others with what I do say.

As for being les domineering (which I think is different than less active), I have been thinking of being more considerate of others (except jimmmmm), but I can turn up the asshole dial if you want.

On my stolen plan and lack of explanation thereof, there just isn't much to say.  I gave my opinion on how scum would choose, but until we get flips, the list isn't going to help us.  That's the purpose of the list, for reference/Poe later.

Did that touch on everything?  I'll try to pop in today, but I've finally got a day off to spend with my wife and I'll be roasting a turkey (which is sooooo overpriced here), so don't expect much until tomorrow.

Oh, and teproc is sheepy.

And mcmc is scum.  Dude is only active when he's scum, and here he has actually posted and voted.  Scum.  Write it down.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:08 pm »

I don't think mcmc is particularly active (he's pretty low on the post count actually). Is he usually super-lurking ?

And you haven't really answered to my main concern : if your plan was to question everyone about what they would have done as mafia, what do you think of the answers that have been given ? Do you agree with faust's interpretation ?

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 27, 2013, 03:03:45 pm »

I don't think mcmc is particularly active (he's pretty low on the post count actually). Is he usually super-lurking ?

And you haven't really answered to my main concern : if your plan was to question everyone about what they would have done as mafia, what do you think of the answers that have been given ? Do you agree with faust's interpretation ?

First game with mcmc, I take it?  I think he's doubled his content compared to recent town efforts.

I think the answers are fine.  I don't think any of it tells us who is scum today, which is my point.  I wanted people on record so we can use it against them, or their partners, later.

I do this a lot, and truly believe it is an aid in scum hunting.  Make everyone put things down on the record, even if it seems harmless or useless at the time.  Putting opinions down in the open is always hard for scum because it might end up catching them later.  Whether it's a refusal to answer, an answer that's way off, or an answer that was exactly in the middle but provided after everyone else, we can find out things about other players.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 27, 2013, 03:16:07 pm »

I do this a lot, and truly believe it is an aid in scum hunting.  Make everyone put things down on the record, even if it seems harmless or useless at the time.  Putting opinions down in the open is always hard for scum because it might end up catching them later.  Whether it's a refusal to answer, an answer that's way off, or an answer that was exactly in the middle but provided after everyone else, we can find out things about other players.

Ash with a subtle plan for D2 or later? Insanity. But I can buy it.

No need to "turn up the asshole dial". Thanks (I guess) for being where you are right now. Not sure I buy your insistence on mcmc but I'll look at him in other games.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

And mcmc is scum.  Dude is only active when he's scum, and here he has actually posted and voted.  Scum.  Write it down.

This also occurred to me, and it's true. But, I think my brother just might have more time on his hands since it's Thanksgiving break.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 27, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »

I'm heading out soon for my Thanksgiving V/LA, so I'll leave everyone with an exciting sneak preview of the Voltaire Lynch Pool!

Post count (no pre-game):
37 Voltaire
31 faust
30 ashersky
26 Robz
21 Jimmmmm
16 Teproc
13 2.7...
11 Jorbles
11 manda
9 mcmc
5 Walrus
1 Morgim

I fell pretty good about this. No faust because he's IC, no me because duh. Manda gets a newbie pass whether she wants it or not. Morgrim...well, I wasn't around the one time (right, one time?) this community saw scum!Morgrim but I can't see him being anything other than "easy mislynch" unless he's changed his meta. Which he may have judging by his one post? Anyway.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 27, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

This also occurred to me, and it's true. But, I think my brother just might have more time on his hands since it's Thanksgiving break.

Also to should all take into account I for the first time ever since I started playing took a break(because I wasn't prioritizing mafia enough) and this is my return game so I really want to be participating. Also if you remember I was scum in like all of my first games, then my big schedule change occurred and my lurking began, so mcmc lurks as town is really just mcmc hasn't been scum all that much since when he started and had tons of time on his hands. Check my sig for proof.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

As for being les domineering (which I think is different than less active), I have been thinking of being more considerate of others (except jimmmmm), but I can turn up the asshole dial if you want.

What do you mean by this?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:09 pm »

What do you mean by this?

Joking about our recent spats.  And I'm voting you, I think.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2013, 05:19:21 pm »

I agree with Voltaire and mcmcsalot that ashersky feels a little off to me, but I am confident-ish in my ash reads and would prefer to give that more time.

Ash does feel a little off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Can anyone explain why?

I think it was mcmc who put it best. I'm used to ash with a brash plan. Instead he said the IC's plan was his (or close enough to it) and I can't remember anything he's done since then.

Ugh I actually didn't do it, I will I promise. I really need to stop doing that. Baisically it was wondering if ash and robz have been sum together before and what it looked like. I think them as scum could pull off a very dominant style that looked like what they were beginning to do.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2013, 06:49:05 pm »

It's a Fuji Apple, Voltaire. And weren't you named after a philosopher? Very interesting. I like this one.

Teproc thinks what I said was scummy. Are you denying the fact that we are all claiming town? Because that would mean you are scum. Ooh, I have this sinking feeling that I was meaning to post something and forgot it completely...hold on one second...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 27, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »

We're waiting... Well I am anyways.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »

Ahh. Ashes. You know, that's a cool nickname, ashes is. Catchy. And quick. A little dark though...
But anyway, back to ashes. I'm not completely sure, but I think the reason he could be acting weird is because he's trying to act normal. Which must mean his role isn't normal. Which must mean he's either not working with the town, or...working to get himself killed. I have a feeling he may not be completely without an agenda.
Then again, none of us are...

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:52 pm »

Fake claiming. Huh. Well, every time a scum claims town its a fakeclaim, correct? And were all town, right? Good.

This looks like you're saying we shouldn't worry about fakeclaiming because, hey, we're all town ! Obviously you don't mean that exactly I'm sure, but it just reads like a weird way to divert us from talking about fakeclaims. And while I don't think theory talk is the most productive thing ever, it's still just a weird thing to say. I find it scummy because I'm having a hard time seeing it as towny.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

No, no, no. You misunderstand me, rocky. I'm not trying to divert your attention at all. In fact, I think it's healthy to talk about face claiming. So, let's talk. How are your cats today?

Mad, I tell you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2013, 07:04:34 pm »

What the hell is this ? Do you think being intentionally obtuse is helpful in any way, to anyone ? I understand that's kind of your thing, but it's incredibly counterproductive.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2013, 07:08:30 pm »

That's a nice adjective. Incredibly. Will use that. I do have a question though. How am I being obtuse? I don't think I could be any more clear - Let's talk about fake claiming. You first.
What the hell is this? I think you mean "who". I am a person, after all.

Mad, I tell you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2013, 07:22:59 pm »

By "this" I mean the content of your posts, which I do believe is confusing, perhaps (probably) intentionally so. I don't actually think we should be talking about potential fakeclaims anymore, I just meant that your dismissal of it was weird.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »

Uhh...okay? I'm sorry that it was weird? Nobody is normal though, so everyone is weird...

Mad, I tell you.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2013, 07:36:05 pm »

I gotta say I missed Morgrim's style of play. It's just so different from everyone else's. I have no read on him right now, but I'm glad he's around. Teproc's reaction to it reads a little frustrated and a little towny to me, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »

As a reminder, I am VLA starting tomorrow and won't be back around until Sunday evening. Twistedarcher (three cheers for him) has volunteered to mod while I am gone with vote counts and flips if needed. If there is a night at any time during my VLA the thread will not open up until I get back regardless of how much time has passed.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2013, 11:14:22 pm »

Player
Voltaire
Walrus
Robz
Jimmmm
ashersky
faust
Jorbles
manda
Teproc
morgrim
e
mcmcsalot
D1 Post Count
Pre-Game Post count
I threw in the pre-game count to help people who want to check the post count themselves.  Thanksgiving/traveling has everyone a little V/LA or at least out of their normal routine, so I am not going to look at a low post count and think lurker.  We still have just under 7 days remaining today so plenty of time for good discussion as people (including myself) get back into the swing of things.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2013, 12:16:07 am »

I'm heading out soon for my Thanksgiving V/LA, so I'll leave everyone with an exciting sneak preview of the Voltaire Lynch Pool!

Post count (no pre-game):
37 Voltaire
31 faust
30 ashersky
26 Robz
21 Jimmmmm
16 Teproc
13 2.7...
11 Jorbles
11 manda
9 mcmc
5 Walrus
1 Morgim

I fell pretty good about this. No faust because he's IC, no me because duh. Manda gets a newbie pass whether she wants it or not. Morgrim...well, I wasn't around the one time (right, one time?) this community saw scum!Morgrim but I can't see him being anything other than "easy mislynch" unless he's changed his meta. Which he may have judging by his one post? Anyway.

This reads differently from every other time you've done this.  You didn't go very far down the "top posters" ladder, like you usually do, and the Morgrim wave off feels like taking an easy road.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2013, 12:16:54 am »

I gotta say I missed Morgrim's style of play. It's just so different from everyone else's. I have no read on him right now, but I'm glad he's around. Teproc's reaction to it reads a little frustrated and a little towny to me, though.

Agree across the board here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.