Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338157 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2125 on: June 23, 2012, 06:13:39 pm »

Ugggghhhhhhhhh

Will be REAL (as in, no internet access) V/LA very very soon for about ~48 hours. I want a lynch, so I'm going to park myself on the most likely consensus vote that I would still like to see a lynch of.

VOTE:Popsofctown unless anyone has any better ideas.

BTW Pops totally stole my meta from... every forum Mafia game. I've always said random lynch>nolynch, and you narbs never believed me.

I have always argued lynching is better than not. I just have always felt we can do better than random. ;)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 23, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »

Ugggghhhhhhhhh

Will be REAL (as in, no internet access) V/LA very very soon for about ~48 hours. I want a lynch, so I'm going to park myself on the most likely consensus vote that I would still like to see a lynch of.

VOTE:Popsofctown unless anyone has any better ideas.

BTW Pops totally stole my meta from... every forum Mafia game. I've always said random lynch>nolynch, and you narbs never believed me.

I have always argued lynching is better than not. I just have always felt we can do better than random. ;)

We are doing better than random; we aren't lynching tables  ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 23, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:00 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

That reminds me... Why is tables clear but not SFS?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: June 23, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

They both are on my list. Unless they're both Mafia (highly unlikely, not worth finding out today nor perhaps, like, ever. If they are, they deserve to win). So you would have to ask others.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: June 23, 2012, 06:28:19 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

They both are on my list. Unless they're both Mafia (highly unlikely, not worth finding out today nor perhaps, like, ever. If they are, they deserve to win). So you would have to ask others.

Yes, I quoted you, but really tables was cleared by pops in his request for rankings.  Pops? 

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 23, 2012, 06:43:13 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

Yes, I quoted you, but really tables was cleared by pops in his request for rankings.  Pops? 

SFS is cleared to me, but I could understand others arguing that he should be on the table.  No need to confuse the issue when the point I was trying to make was a different one.

Oh and I got ninjaed, I was talking to joth. Sorry.  And I just forgot to quote.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »

Ha! I chuckled.

SFS is cleared to me, but I could understand others arguing that he should be on the table.  No need to confuse the issue when the point I was trying to make was a different one.

Oh and I got ninjaed, I was talking to joth. Sorry.  And I just forgot to quote.

Finally, before I list, what is your methodology for determining our common lynch target?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 23, 2012, 08:32:33 pm »

Ok, just came home from town, will go to sleep. Before that I guess I can do this lil thing that seems to be a trend:

Would lynch: (O, Glooble, joth)*, Axxle**
Would less:Pops, Dsell***, Galz
He's just there in between, probably wouldn't: CF****
Wouldn't: Robz,  (SFS, Tables)*****

**Axxle his post give me just nothing, nothing to even read on, its that bad. He seemed to be continuing Opal's lurking strategy (he just replaced lurking with posting one-liners). Its very suspicions, maybe he should be even higher in the list.
***Dsell gives me this strange SKish vibe with a) theo going after him and dieing b) he being particulary interested in what people think who-killed-whom. Still, weak reads so far, so his down in the line.
****CF I was had unclear read, slighy scum, in D1. Here he seemed to play very townish. Play reminds me of theo's actually who confirmed town.
***** I am not as much convinced on "SFS = obvtown, Tables = probabably clear" as some other people are, but its still pretty strong.  ;D

*Not really sure how to line em up in proper order.
Jo seems scummy, I hate his annoying play, wouldn't really be sad to see him go even if town but misslynching him give no info.  :(
O I don't like that behavior I said before, also him badwagoning "just cuz".. less scummy read than other too perhaps, but those two built over time, this is fresher (and with more uncertainty)
Glooble I don't like his "I am not almost sure mafia has low posts". Him hedging too much, him posting Probably 3rd between these 3.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 23, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

Vote Count 2-22

jotheonah (3): Dsell, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Captain_Frisk
Grujah (2): popsofctown, jotheonah
Glooble (1): Grujah
O (1): Tables
Galzria (1): Axxle
popsofctown (2): Galzria, O

Not voting {2}: Glooble, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 23, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »

Want to lynch: Galzria, O
Willing to lynch: Jotheonah
Do not support, but would not complain if lynched: Grujah
Will not lynch; will argue against lynch of: All other players

I would like to reach a consensus among the people I mostly trust: Tables, SFS, Pops, Axxle, and Dsell depending on where he is. That would be 6 votes. Perhaps Glooble, Frisk, or Grujah--certainly some of them are innocent--would join in. And that would be that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 23, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

I'm not quite sure when my play isn't erratic; panicy is some nice flavor text you added. I do not think any theory involving me as mafia is "crackpot" (though of course I know them false), just this 3-out-of-4 Bombshell by Robz. Mostly because if we followed it I believe the town has a chance of losing pretty quickly: Lynch grujah, and if he's town: Lynch Galz/O as per Robz theory, I'm town/Galz probably is town, and then because of people like Tables/SFS lynch the other "partner", and oh look, he's town and we're at 3 misslynches because of one theory.

From what I understood of what Robz said, he doesn't think there are 3/4 mafia on the bandwagon. We don't even know if there are 3 mafia. What Robz said was (I'm paraphrasing here) that there's probably 2 mafia on it. And there's no reason we should, or even would, blindly follow such a strategy all the way through. It makes good odds for a lynch, and after that we have new information; we look back, re-evaluate what we know, see if it still makes sense and move forward.

If it was a single small mistake, why did you immediately vote for me?

Are you completely ignoring the fact I pegged you as one of my strongest suspicions in the immediately preceeding post, and even put a bolded FOS on you?

Honestly, I can smell the troll-bait. At the VERY least I provided a link to Talihandur's tells, which is more than you've done.

Troll bait? And yet you're the one whose just started throwing insults around. This is I believe the second thing you've quoted at me as things you've done, and once again it's a link to information. In fact, just a link to one guy's tells that he uses. IIoA. I have nothing recorded in my notes that's  That doesn't mean you said nothing, just that nothing you've said was interesting or useful enough for me to make a note you said it. Perhaps saying you've contributed nothing was an exaggeration. Perhaps 'almost nothing noteworthy' would be more accurate. The only good thing I have by your name is trying to call Theorel's posts as a pre-lynch cover, and that wasn't even correct (but you knew that at the time, more than likely...).

I feel the need in most games to respond to every vote against me, but since this one is so clearly personal instead of scumhunting I'm pretty sure I can just ignore it after this post.

When did I say a single personal thing? If you didn't want to be accused of contributing virtually nothing and posting IIoA, you shouldn't have contributed virtually nothing and shouldn't have posted IIoA. You're the one who seems to use Ad Hominem's and try to avoid arguing against the facts presented (Except by strawman) when a case is presented.

Anyway this argument now looks pointless as having read beyond this reply, I see you probably won't read this until day 3 (if you're still alive).

For me, my lynch preferences would be, all in order:
O, Joth, (Pops, Grujah)

I'd be less willing, but not overly upset with a lynch of:
Glooble, Axxle2, DSell, Frisk

O I think should be obvious, from this post. Joth's play I've found continually scummy, for reasons given at various times. Pops I've also laid out a case against, but his discussion with Galz has made me less suspicious. Grujah I think we could get a lot of information from, by looking at todays bandwagon and other things he's done. And while Robz is I think likely town and his theory likely correct, I'm happy to accept it might be wrong, and Grujah might just be a mafia who got saved by a lucky break.

Glooble's twinclaim makes him interesting - I'm not overly suspicious but think we could gain something from it. Axxle2's said nothing remarkable in my opinion, and Green Opal too, and neither have rubbed me as especially town or mafia. DSell I have very little information on, although he's said a few good things. Frisk is interesting, he's posted some good analysis but also some posts which just seem like long accounts of information (e.g. 2078).

Missing are Robz, Galz and SFS. SFS I think is likely town, as I've said before (but don't think he's almost certainly town!). Robz and Galz I'm not convinced are town any more than the people from DSell down, but their activity is good, and I think that the cost of mislynching either could be too much.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 23, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »

@Tables, I agree with what you said. For the record, I also think my theory could be wrong. But I'm going to bet it isn't.

Uh, I am willing to agree on O as the correct pick. His misstatements of facts, his over defensiveness, his entire dismissal of things... probably that's who we should go for. Add in the fact that if some, but not all, of the mafia voted Axxle1 yesterday... and then we had not enough people getting on wagons all day, so mafia O comes in to put it closer to the top... it makes sense, ish.

VOTE: O

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

willing to lynch:  Jo, Grujah

Unwilling to Lynch: Robz

Everyone else falls in the muddled middle ground to me.  Everyone has said some things I agree with, and everyone has said at least one thing that makes me go "hmm, that feels strange to me".
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 23, 2012, 09:10:57 pm »

I would like to reach a consensus among the people I mostly trust: Tables, SFS, Pops, Axxle, and Dsell depending on where he is. That would be 6 votes. Perhaps Glooble, Frisk, or Grujah--certainly some of them are innocent--would join in. And that would be that.

You'de think by now you would learn how terrible your reads of me are.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 23, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »

Why are my reads of you terrible? We were both mafia in MII, and in MIII I did not think you were mafia and I was correct.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 23, 2012, 09:27:21 pm »

Why are my reads of you terrible? We were both mafia in MII, and in MIII I did not think you were mafia and I was correct.

Sorry, I should have said how incapable you are of reading me. Something you've admitted to many, many times, although I don't feel like digging through 80+ pages of posts to find the quotes.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:01 pm »

[/quote]

Sorry, I should have said how incapable you are of reading me. Something you've admitted to many, many times, although I don't feel like digging through 80+ pages of posts to find the quotes.
[/quote]

These insults seem out of character Galz.

Back on topic

I'm not liking this "everyone list who they want to lynch" thing - without a pre-determined way to decide who to lynch when its over.

When its all done, vocal mafia (lets say pops because its his idea) just needs to look at someone the candidates who are on 7 or more "willing to lynch" and pick them.  You know that J will be there, I'm guessing pops and Galz too, maybe grujah and glooble.  Since we don't have an agreed upon way to select the lynchee - someone will be able to cherry pick a method that points to the desired candiate.  (Most first place votes, most votes total, etc. etc. etc.)

Townies who don't like it won't be able to back out without seeming like liars... which then the mafia can pounce on.  This massive consensus thing ends up giving mafia equal weight in the discussion of who to lynch - something that doesn't occur if we are specific targeting mafia.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »

Oops, deleted too many quotes - I think you guys will figure it out.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 23, 2012, 10:00:30 pm »

Sorry, yeah. I thought it might be when I posted it, but I'm honestly frustrated with his terrible logic of magically having found 3 Mafia in 4 players. It's ridiculously confident on a group. I won't deny there might be one, hell, even TWO in there, but saying "I trust these 8, and think the 3 Mafia are amongst these 4" is arrogant and setting the town up for failure.

Furthermore, I KNOW his read on ME is terrible, which basically means his logic says "there are 3 Mafia amongst those 3 players". So when he continuously posts about my being Mafia and wanting to lynch me, it completely discredits anything he says. The fact that he has admitted many times over to being unable to read me just compounds this terrible play by him.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: June 23, 2012, 10:42:20 pm »

Sorry, yeah. I thought it might be when I posted it, but I'm honestly frustrated with his terrible logic of magically having found 3 Mafia in 4 players. It's ridiculously confident on a group. I won't deny there might be one, hell, even TWO in there, but saying "I trust these 8, and think the 3 Mafia are amongst these 4" is arrogant and setting the town up for failure.

Furthermore, I KNOW his read on ME is terrible, which basically means his logic says "there are 3 Mafia amongst those 3 players". So when he continuously posts about my being Mafia and wanting to lynch me, it completely discredits anything he says. The fact that he has admitted many times over to being unable to read me just compounds this terrible play by him.

Galzria, please stop. I am not saying definitively "these are the 3 mafia. You must believe me." I am saying that I think a high number of mafia is among these people, for the reasons I spelled out. Do you honestly see no merit to my argument? And do you see how you and O have reacted especially poorly?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »

Galzria, please stop. I am not saying definitively "these are the 3 mafia. You must believe me." I am saying that I think a high number of mafia is among these people, for the reasons I spelled out. Do you honestly see no merit to my argument? And do you see how you and O have reacted especially poorly?

Did you not just read where I said I believe there might be one, maybe two in that set, or are you being intentionally oblivious?

No, actually, I think my reaction to your terrible reads is quite justified. So Robz, please stop. Stay playing smart.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 23, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »

Start playing smart*

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 23, 2012, 11:02:37 pm »

Okay then, what you're saying is GODDAMN YOU ROBZ, YOU UNBELIEVABLE MORON, YOU'RE MOSTLY CORRECT, YOU FOOL!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »

Okay then, what you're saying is GODDAMN YOU ROBZ, YOU UNBELIEVABLE MORON, YOU'RE MOSTLY CORRECT, YOU FOOL!

Do I need to quote the posts to you where you've listed reasons for not suspecting the 8 people I listed you as having "not scum" reads on? OMGUS much? You say one thing and then completely try to turn around and claim you never said it.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.