Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338157 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1050 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:09 am »

Oh, and I'm going to
Vote: Axxle

Also, this:
Code: [Select]
sed -n '/Post by: <strong>Galzria<\/strong>/, /<\/dd>/p' print.html >> ~Galzria.html
Gets all posts by a person in a this Mafia thread, provided that print.html is a "print ready" version of the thread. You click "PRINT" on any page to get it, it provides whole thread right away.
(also provided that you have access to Unix CLI).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:58 am »

This is 7?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 08, 2012, 10:47:54 am »

Yes.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:12 am »

Arguably I have been on both the J and Axxle wagons, although I never actually voted J. Is that helpful?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:59 am »

Also I'd like to see Axxle defending or claiming something. Maybe I should have voted when he was online, but I don't think anyone will hammer without hearing from Axxle first.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 08, 2012, 10:53:17 am »

Posted after Grujah's request...doesn't look like anyone else has answered.

Both wagons:

Galz-early on both. (2nd and 1st respectively)

SFS-on jo: "See what happens", on Axxle: "agreed with C_F" (if I remember correctly).  Has since posted more personal suspicions of Axxle.

Tables-kind of: He voted jo, then jumped off when it started heating up too much.  He's mentioned suspicion of Axxle but hasn't put down a vote.

pops-even less so: He's voted for Axxle with strong suspicions.  He was antagonistic towards jo, and suggested lynching him might be worthwhile for information.  I thought he said he didn't really think jo was scum, but I'm really uncertain and don't want to look it up.  I remember him stating that seeing how jo would flip would be useful, so he clearly wasn't convinced he was town at that time.

Tables is the only one that's really read to me as being significantly suspicious of both.  Though I think all have said they'd be willing to lynch jo if they thought getting scum was unlikely.

If I've misrepresented anyone please point it out.

@Grujah: thanks for the post.  For myself, I'm feeling a little exhausted more than anything.  I'm not really sure we should lynch and finish it off, but I'm also not sure that we should drag it out any longer.  I know some people would like day to end (Insomniac, Galz, Robz, I think have all commented to that, maybe others have said so as well?).  I would like to be more certain of Axxle before casting my vote.  That's actually a big part of why I wanted to hear from you and Green.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 08, 2012, 11:00:15 am »

Okay, 7 votes...well, now I won't vote until Axxle has a chance to speak up, since others might care about that.  I'll try to review the thread and then vote either tonight (9-ish EST) or tomorrow morning (7-ish EST), if there's still the opportunity by then.  (family coming over this afternoon, so I'm not sure I'll be on tonight.  The vote-time is slotted for the next time I'll be online after Axxle has opportunity to post, which should be one or the other.)

@Grujah: thanks for the info...that'll be helpful.  I'll try to use this to go through Axxle's posts before I vote as well. 

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 08, 2012, 11:03:41 am »

I would like to be more certain of Axxle before casting my vote.  That's actually a big part of why I wanted to hear from you and Green.

While this still might a legitimate concern, a fair, townie thing to do,  still seems it so very PC  "OK, you see, I am very fair and want to weight in everything before I vote". It seems a bit rehearsed, forced.

Nothing accusing of anything, just noting.  ::)

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 08, 2012, 11:07:32 am »

To be fair: it is forced.  I'm forcing myself to hold to an ideal, that I don't really want to hold to.  Maybe that's what's coming across?  This is the same way I'm going to force myself to try to reread Axxle's posts without bias...even though I don't want to.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 08, 2012, 11:10:30 am »

The lunch Feast rapidly devolved into the topic of who to lynch.  Axxle was the clear frontrunner, with just one vote needed to cinch.  Galzria and Grujah were ready to bring out the winch. 

In a pinch.

Vote Count 1-15

popsofctown (1) - Insomniac
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1) - theorel
Axxle (7) - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown, Glooble, Grujah
theorel (1) - O

Not Voting {1} - Tables

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »

Okay, Glooble and Grujah's votes are pretty scummy, yes? Does this give anyone pause?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 08, 2012, 12:51:32 pm »

Glooble's no.  Grujah's somewhat.

Glooble has in fact been deliberating and made several posts of his reasoning regarding Axxle.

Grujah has made one post, with one line about Axxle where he notes that he's scummier than j.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 08, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

I expect the mafia to vote for Axxle at this point whether he's town or mafia...so it doesn't really give me pause, no.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 08, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »

Okay, Glooble and Grujah's votes are pretty scummy, yes? Does this give anyone pause?

Yes, absolutely. But we'll know for sure if/when Axxle flips. I'm not inclined to think that either is capable of bussing, but wouldn't completely write it off either.

For the record (and clarity),I'm not suspicious because of the timing of their votes. That would be ridiculous. If people never cast votes #6 or #7 or #8, nobody will ever get lynched. This discussion occurred earlier. I put little value in the placement of votes based solely on the same. So what makes them suspicious is the listed reasonings along WITH the vote placement.

I would also be inclined to reach night, and gather what information we can on dawn D2, but that wouldn't alone be a good enough reason for me to cast my vote somewhere.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 08, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure he's going to flip town, but maybe not. We'll see. I'm certainly ready to put Day 1 behind us.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 08, 2012, 01:00:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure he's going to flip town, but maybe not. We'll see. I'm certainly ready to put Day 1 behind us.

Who else are you suspicious of?  I know you're feeling strongly about J, and you're unlikely to change that vote because you and I see voting differently.

I can't imagine the rest of us are all equal in your eyes.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 08, 2012, 01:04:06 pm »

Who else are you suspicious of?  I know you're feeling strongly about J, and you're unlikely to change that vote because you and I see voting differently.

I can't imagine the rest of us are all equal in your eyes.

I would change my vote if someone replaced Jo in my eyes as a more likely mafia. That hasn't happened for me, and it certainly hasn't happened with Axxle. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if neither are mafia.

I'll give you some other suspects in a minute.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 08, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »

"if I flip town"
I like keeping myself objective at times.

Right now I'm feeling 60 - to 70 percent sure he's mafia. Obviously, that's what I'm hoping is true. Even if he comes up town, though, I feel like that will give us a lot good information. Tables' early "I trust Axxle" post, his feud with Galz, his votes on the pops and j bandwagons, etc. If Axxle comes up town, Galz, pops, theorel, and myself will all need to be examined in a new light. I see this making for a much more productive day 2.

J has been acting so suspicious that if we lynch him we learn nothing. Everyone who voted for him has reasons that are hard to argue with.

This is almost exactly Galz's post #945 and you're presenting it as your own. 

I forgot about the All button, thanks for that Grujah.  But I have NEVER said "let's lynch quick and finish off", I have only said "Let's not be afraid to lynch quick," that is all.  It was more of a theory post I have to admit.

I forgot Galz was on the J wagon.  I'm concerned on how differently he seems to be acting this game.  I think he also said that he doesn't think mafia would spearhead lynches, but is that just to cover his tracks?

I agree Grujah's vote feels scummy, again.

For the record (and clarity),I'm not suspicious because of the timing of their votes. That would be ridiculous. If people never cast votes #6 or #7 or #8, nobody will ever get lynched. This discussion occurred earlier. I put little value in the placement of votes based solely on the same. So what makes them suspicious is the listed reasonings along WITH the vote placement.

Is there something wrong with my reasons?

I am just casting more suspicion on others instead of being terribly concerned about defense because I am Vanilla Town. I think most of my defense is just clarifying posts so I don't get misrepresented after death and trying to find out why people are voting for me since that might help too. I hope what I do in life and death will help you guys tomorrow.  I'm sorry I'm not a better VT player, I notice I'm very sheepish. 
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28:00 pm »

OMG HE CLAIMED VT HE"S THE WORST TOWNIE EVER POLICY LYNCH POLICY LYNCH
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

OMG HE CLAIMED VT HE"S THE WORST TOWNIE EVER POLICY LYNCH POLICY LYNCH

Claimed after he was at 7 votes. Isnt bad play.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »

Okay, at CF's prompting--and because the day could end at any minute--here is a list of everybody, from most suspicious to least, with a bit of commentary. None of these are like, sure things. The long day has certainly given us good info and evidence, but with so many people they run together a bit, so... these are sort of based more on my gut feelings, which I know were informed by evidence at some point, though I can't exactly recall what that evidence was in every case.

jotheonah -- Still the most suspicious to me, for reasons I've gone over. The fact that he cooled off so dramatically and actually did manage to spare himself from lynching really does lend credence to the idea of him being mafia. I'm worried we are going to forget about Jo a bit, because there are going to be a lot of suspects next round. So, let's try not to forget about him.
Grujah -- Well, he was suspicious for voting without explanation for somebody early on. Pops, maybe? It put him on my radar, and other people noticed too. He downplayed his abilities a lot, which I don't like. And uh, I don't know--every time he speaks (which became rarer as the day went on) he is suspicious. And his vote for Axxle here was suspicious. I don't usually jump at the people voting 6, 7, 8... but this game they are definitely noticeable to me.
Glooble -- He had a post earlier today that I found really suspicious (falling into my "mafia middelground" category). I don't think I mentioned it then. Flew way under the radar at first, but now... yeah. I could definitely see him as a mafia if Axxle flips town (same thing for Grujah).
theorel -- He has said some weird, not entirely accurate things. He got weirder as the day went on. I think he was definitely wrong in the argument he was making, and Dsell was right. The only issue there, though, is that I remember thinking in MII, "I am right and Insomniac is wrong in this argument, anyone can see that, but... I'm the mafia, and Insomniac is right, though not for the reasons he is making." So, being wrong doesn't make you mafia. Still, I expect theorel might be the ultimate Axxle vote. If Axxle is innocent...
Axxle -- There are definitely good reasons to suspect Axxle. It's weird that he has barely defended himself. Did he give up? I don't know what's going on with him. Anyway, with so many people in the game... the mafia definitely don't have to vote for each other. If Axxle flips mafia, I think everyone who voted for him should be pretty much acquitted (mostly). Or at least, like, the first couple people. If he flips town, which I think is more likely... well, we will have lots of suspect tomorrow!
SwitchedFromStarcraft -- Has annoyed me to no end. I don't get this guy. He really did pick a fight with me for no reason. Doesn't make him mafia, though. In fact, it actually makes him among the least suspicious of the group of new players.
Dsell -- Uh, I see a lot of myself in Dsell, which is why I can't help but suspect him slightly. He makes some good arguments, he seems to agree with me in this game, but... well, I was a mafia once. I could see it. I don't any evidence but I could see it.
Captain_Frisk -- He is sort of in the same category as Dsell, but maybe slightly less so.
popsofctown -- Too weird to be mafia. Seriously.
Tables -- Helpful, if infrequent poster. Mostly feels like a town member. That might change next round. I've never seen him in action on Day 2.
O -- I like O, what can I say? And I'm one of the people who hates and suspects humor! Seriously, I like O. He makes good points, I think. Don't get any suspicion reading from him. That's probably my fault. I think I am prone to over-suspect the new people and under-suspect the veterans.
Galzria -- Ditto, basically. I worry that I'll never really suspect Galzria. Somebody else is going to have to explain to me why he is mafia, if anybody reaches that conclusion. I'll never reach it without help.
Insomniac -- Ditto again, but Insomniac strikes me as playing identical to how he was in MII. And not in a deliberate, covert mafia strategy way, but in an unavoidable, frank and honest, he's just townie sort of way.

*Green Opal -- I admit the Opal from this list entirely, because I have absolutely no read on him, and no memory of anything he has done or said. Nothing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2012, 01:32:44 pm »

@Axxle

The quoted post of mine was not directed at or about you. It  was a response to Robz on my thoughts about Glooble/Grujah and their votes on you.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

@Axxle

The quoted post of mine was not directed at or about you. It  was a response to Robz on my thoughts about Glooble/Grujah and their votes on you.
Yes.  I was wondering why the apparent double standard.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2012, 01:37:18 pm »

I have to agree with insomniac that it's not that bad in this context. I'm not all that surprised that we got to 7 here but I don't like it. I see town play, just of a different style. It also would really bother me to be on a bandwagon with Jo right now.

As a curiosity, why has everybody been unable to get a read on me? Am I that boring?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 08, 2012, 01:40:11 pm »

@Axxle

Yes.  I was wondering why the apparent double standard.

There is no double standard. I've laid out my case against you on numerous occasions, and vote placement is only a small part of it.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.