Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119888 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:19 am »

I refuse to be an easy mislynch though!

I don't mind what faust is doing, I don't think what he is saying is unreasonable. You know, if he is scum I bet he thought "Hey, town me might push this, so this is a good chance to say it as scum".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2017, 11:20:48 am »

I refuse to be an easy mislynch though!

Trivial to pull out when you're not a mislynch.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2017, 01:08:37 pm »

I don't think Eevee is a good lynch at all. He's not producing a ton of content, but really no one is other than Space.

And I disagree with faust that Eevee is playing like he did in Mafia 90, when he was scum. It's hard to identify exactly what's different here, but he seems, I don't know, a little more carefree, perhaps--like he's feeling liberated from the burden of being scum. This is a feelings rather than evidence thing for me, but it's more than enough to not lynch Eevee today.

I don't find faust scummy for thinking the other way on this, though.

I'm still pretty keen on lynching uber-lurker Calamitas. RR is also a serious consideration, though I agree with Eevee that "struggling town" fits here. I've never seen Calamitas struggle to contribute as town, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »

I don't think Eevee is a good lynch at all. He's not producing a ton of content, but really no one is other than Space.

And I disagree with faust that Eevee is playing like he did in Mafia 90, when he was scum. It's hard to identify exactly what's different here, but he seems, I don't know, a little more carefree, perhaps--like he's feeling liberated from the burden of being scum. This is a feelings rather than evidence thing for me, but it's more than enough to not lynch Eevee today.

I don't find faust scummy for thinking the other way on this, though.

I'm still pretty keen on lynching uber-lurker Calamitas. RR is also a serious consideration, though I agree with Eevee that "struggling town" fits here. I've never seen Calamitas struggle to contribute as town, though.

Found Eevee's partner!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2017, 01:16:02 pm »

Found Eevee's partner!

But surely I wouldn't be on a scum team with Eevee, and opt for the strategy of buddying/defending him, for a third consecutive game!

I kid, because that's totally something I would do. Though incidentally, it's not what I'm doing here.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 15, 2017, 01:18:04 pm »

RR is also a serious consideration
:(
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2017, 01:18:26 pm »

Any reads, RR?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:57 pm »

Found Eevee's partner!

But surely I wouldn't be on a scum team with Eevee, and opt for the strategy of buddying/defending him, for a third consecutive game!

I kid, because that's totally something I would do. Though incidentally, it's not what I'm doing here.

So you've been doing that for the past two games?

That's hilarious.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2017, 01:21:29 pm »

Any reads, RR?
I think you're pretty towny. And I'd be willing to vote for Faust for pushing a strained 'case' against you.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2017, 01:21:48 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2017, 01:22:41 pm »

Any reads, RR?
I think you're pretty towny. And I'd be willing to vote for Faust for pushing a strained 'case' against you.

Faust's case is good though, and it's not even all of the reasons to think Eevee is scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2017, 03:24:47 pm »

Awaclus is playing quite the same as in RMM38 which was the only one where i saw him. So, scummy.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »

Awaclus is playing quite the same as in RMM38 which was the only one where i saw him. So, scummy.

Did the thought ever occur to you that I might be similar to how I was in RMM38 not because I have the same alignment as I had in RMM38, but because I'm the same person as I was in RMM38?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »

Did the thought ever occur to you that I might be similar to how I was in RMM38 not because I have the same alignment as I had in RMM38, but because I'm the same person as I was in RMM38?

So, if I got you right, reads in Mafia are completely useless. We are all the same people as in other games. Let's not try to read each other.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2017, 03:51:46 pm »

I'm having deja vu. Didn't Eevee just say this?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2017, 03:52:05 pm »

So, if I got you right, reads in Mafia are completely useless. We are all the same people as in other games. Let's not try to read each other.

Yes and no. Generally, your personality will determine the factors that will be apparent in your playing style regardless of your alignment. Your alignment will determine your perspective, which will also be apparent in your playing style, regardless of your personality. If anyone had paid any attention to the perspective stuff in RMM38, you would've caught me red-handed the moment I voted for you even though gkrieg and J Reggie should have been closer to guaranteed scum from the fake perspective I had been constructing for myself. But you can't find any flaws in my narrative in this game, because there aren't any.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2017, 03:52:22 pm »

I'm having deja vu. Didn't Eevee just say this?

Eevee wasn't scum in RMM38. He's scum in this game.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2017, 03:53:36 pm »

Well I meant the whole "I play similar to how I play in general" thing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 15, 2017, 03:54:48 pm »

Any reads, RR?

Faust's case is good though, and it's not even all of the reasons to think Eevee is scum.
I don't like alluding to having reasons to think someone is scum but not sharing them. Why would you do that as town?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 15, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »

Yeah, not a fan of this argument from Awaclus at all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2017, 04:47:53 pm »

I don't like alluding to having reasons to think someone is scum but not sharing them. Why would you do that as town?

So that you wouldn't like it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2017, 04:48:45 pm »

I'll return to vote: Awaclus I guess.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »

Yeah, not a fan of this argument from Awaclus at all.

I already responded to that:

Yes and no. Generally, your personality will determine the factors that will be apparent in your playing style regardless of your alignment. Your alignment will determine your perspective, which will also be apparent in your playing style, regardless of your personality. If anyone had paid any attention to the perspective stuff in RMM38, you would've caught me red-handed the moment I voted for you even though gkrieg and J Reggie should have been closer to guaranteed scum from the fake perspective I had been constructing for myself. But you can't find any flaws in my narrative in this game, because there aren't any.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2017, 04:50:14 pm »

I'll return to vote: Awaclus I guess.

Are you prepared to point out the flaws you see in my narrative after I've flipped town?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2017, 04:53:32 pm »

Which is more because it's not too difficult to keep a consistent narrative for half of D1 compared to a whole game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.