Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119887 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2017, 05:16:41 pm »

Vote: SA

Wow, that worked fast! :-) What are your feelings about all the things that have been said in the game so far?
I really think the only notable thing was gkrieg's traitor thing, and I honestly think talk on that is scummy. Scum would try to inquire more as to whether or not gkreig was trying to softclaim traitor, because then he'd be able to sneak more crumbs into more posts that he'd make about traitors.

Unvote since my vote on you was mainly just instead of requesting a formal prod because you were seriously lurking.

If I just wanted to draw attention to the "traitor" part of gkrieg's statement, fixating on my SK theory was a poor way to go about doing it, and would have been even if my idea had had merit in the first place.

(I was trying to post this an hour or so ago, but the forum seemed to be down...)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:12 am »

Strange thing is that i don't remember the last game I thought everyone is looking townie, but this is surely what happens now. Quickly reread Robz and he looks scummy and I would lynch him, but that means that he's town (and I wouldn't lynch him). Here are a few of people who are null to me: Awa, schadd, IG. The rest just looks towniesh..
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2017, 08:00:15 am »

Strange thing is that i don't remember the last game I thought everyone is looking townie, but this is surely what happens now. Quickly reread Robz and he looks scummy and I would lynch him, but that means that he's town (and I wouldn't lynch him). Here are a few of people who are null to me: Awa, schadd, IG. The rest just looks towniesh..

Whenever, in recent games, people have complained in D1 or so that everyone looks townie, someone has come along and suggested that townie play means that the scums are vets. Yet you've not made that conclusion here, nor even mentioned the fact, which I think means you're fishing for someone else to say so to start more wagons. That seems more likely to be a scum!LL thing than a town!LL thing, no?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2017, 08:05:24 am »

Whenever, in recent games, people have complained in D1 or so that everyone looks townie, someone has come along and suggested that townie play means that the scums are vets. Yet you've not made that conclusion here, nor even mentioned the fact, which I think means you're fishing for someone else to say so to start more wagons. That seems more likely to be a scum!LL thing than a town!LL thing, no?

Well, I didn't think about "vet theory" and didn't want anyone to start wagons. I actually forgot the things you talk about in the first sentence.

Sometimes I write something just for it to be. Train of Thought. Maybe it's a bad idea and makes me fluffy.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2017, 08:07:21 am »

I don't think that is the intention here. Would also not make sense to think the scum is "vets" because what does this even mean? When I look at the player list, 7 out of 11 people have been around long enogh to definitely be categorized as vets, 3 have already shown that they are very much capable of playing a good scum game, and then there's LaLight himself, whom I don't remember as scum.

So who did did you was LaLight trying to frame?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2017, 08:08:15 am »

So who did you think was LaLight trying to frame?
Checking things is overrated.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2017, 08:16:55 am »

It's also not very difficult for scum to avoid suspicion on day 1. I would argue that the current meta is that scum wants to attract early suspicion if they can, not stay exempt from it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2017, 08:20:31 am »

I'm never scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2017, 08:24:28 am »

So who did you think was LaLight trying to frame?
Checking things is overrated.

You and gkrieg are the usual targets of that argument when I've seen it (and LL and I have played in mostly the same games), so you pair are the first two to come to mind for me.

However, I think the more telling thing would be who he doesn't include in the perfect-meta-mimicking-vet pool, because that would be the safe place for his buddy to be hiding. Top of that list from my point of view would be schadd and RR, since the latter seems to manage to escape the mantle of scary vet even though he's been here longer than many of us. Calamitas is also not really a vet yet (he joined the same time as me and LL), but his early-game play is usually quite empty anyway.

This is all ridiculously speculative, though, which is why I didn't follow my observation up with an actual vote on LL. Like him, I'm just posting a thing that occurred to me because it's interesting to hear what other people think of it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2017, 09:14:47 am »

Ya I don't think the vet theory is particularly true anyway. D1 people just decide to lynch someone for a kind of random reason sometimes. And I don't think it is that hard to be townie D1 even for a newbie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:01 am »

I think a more applicable theory might be that scum has more of a need to justify not having any scum reads (at least for me that's the natural state as scum, it's hard for me to fake suspicion unless I see something I would think is scummy if I was town). I didn't get that vibe from LL's post, though.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2017, 09:36:39 am »

I think a more applicable theory might be that scum has more of a need to justify not having any scum reads (at least for me that's the natural state as scum, it's hard for me to fake suspicion unless I see something I would think is scummy if I was town). I didn't get that vibe from LL's post, though.

I don't really remember my behaviour as scum in that one game I was one. But I don't think I would've just write the post like that one as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2017, 10:06:14 am »

A quick summary of people and their posting habits so far. Number in brackets is post count since day start.

Calamitas (3) where is he? He's usually quiet D1, but there's been theory talk and everything.
Roadrunner (4) mostly only commented after I'd voted for him.
Awaclus (5) is making very sparse (but quite evenly-spaced) posts, and not pushing things along.
Robz (12) At least he's active.
LaLight (34) Pushing the game lots. Want to keep him for the moment at least.
faust (26) Same as LL.
Ichi (11) Lots early, then a bit of a drought. Only one single post (#129) really comments on this game.
Eevee (17) Engaged and interested for now, so I want to keep him.
gkrieg (14) Weird post, then defensive. He and I almost always scuread each other though.
schadd (6) Very few posts, of which #133 is the only real content, though does vote 3 times in those 6 posts!
Space (17) Currently the leading wagon with plurality lynch in effect :-(

Vote: schadd for jumping on anything going.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2017, 10:07:00 am »

Unvote
I didn't vote for you for any reason
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2017, 10:08:33 am »

A quick summary of people and their posting habits so far. Number in brackets is post count since day start.

Calamitas (3) where is he? He's usually quiet D1, but there's been theory talk and everything.
Quite busy right now up until Friday, from then on I will have plenty of time.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2017, 10:13:43 am »

I am so proud of how far you have come in terms of reading me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2017, 10:15:44 am »

I am so proud of how far you have come in terms of reading me.

;)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16:42 am »

I am also extremely busy today and tomorrow, lots of IRL work. I worried we're stalling out a bit, though I appreciate LL and Space's efforts to not have that happen. So Unvote

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:49 am »

That's strange.  I think it is pretty easy to have scum reads as scum D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:36 am »

Can you explain what "jumping on anything going" means here... and why it's scummy?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:54 am »

Can you explain what "jumping on anything going" means here... and why it's scummy?

He has 6 posts, 3 of them are votes. I think SA meant that he just jumps on wagons.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2017, 10:56:44 am »

Unrelated question: Would you say it's easy for you to find scum reads right now?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:49 am »

Unrelated question: Would you say it's easy for you to find scum reads right now?

Well not really.  I have some good town reads, but I haven't really been searching for scum in this game yet.  Haven't had the time.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:23 am »

Vote Count 1.3

schadd (3): Ichimaru Gin, LaLight, SpaceAnemone
Eevee (1): faust
gkrieg13 (1): Calamitas
SpaceAnemone (2): Awaclus, schadd
Awaclus (2): gkrieg13, Eevee

Not Voting (2): Roadrunner7671, Robz888

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 will last 10 days. The deadline for Day 1 will be Thursday, 19 January,  at 1 AM forum time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:46:54 pm by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:55 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

schadd (3): Ichimaru Gin, LaLight, SpaceAnemone
Eevee (1): faust
gkrieg13 (1): Calamitas
SpaceAnemone (3): Robz888, Awaclus, schadd
Awaclus (2): gkrieg13, Eevee

Not Voting (1): Roadrunner7671

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 will last 10 days. The deadline for Day 1 will be Thursday, 19 January,  at 1 AM forum time.

I unvoted
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.