Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54  All

Author Topic: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: GAME OVER! FLAWLESS TOWN WIN (sort of)!  (Read 115917 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 4) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #850 on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:07 pm »

Unvote

Why is Robz cleared again?

By the same thing that cleared you: Galz (confirmed town) Sage'd us.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 08, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »

Yeah ok. vote: ashersky
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 08, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »

Are you all really that convinced?  Can I get a committment to a public apology for so horribly misreading me, and my super-pro-town admissions, this game?  Remember, by lynching me, you are losing 3 town PRs: one investigation, one roleblocker, and one self bulletproof.

Clearly the one scum is on my wagon.  Remember that.  Most likely, it's probably one of the "cleared" townies.  If this lynch happens, my best guess is Robz.

The better option is to lynch Qvist or YN, roleblocker the other to ensure no NKs, then lynch the other the next day.  If the kill still goes through, I will gladly be tomorrow's lynch, then the rest of town can lynch Robz or Joth.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 08, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »

Unvote

Why is Robz cleared again?

By the same thing that cleared you: Galz (confirmed town) Sage'd us.

Also, I answered this first, and yet you go with Robz?  Why sheep him so hard?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »

Are you all really that convinced?  Can I get a committment to a public apology for so horribly misreading me, and my super-pro-town admissions, this game?  Remember, by lynching me, you are losing 3 town PRs: one investigation, one roleblocker, and one self bulletproof.

Clearly the one scum is on my wagon.  Remember that.  Most likely, it's probably one of the "cleared" townies.  If this lynch happens, my best guess is Robz.

The better option is to lynch Qvist or YN, roleblocker the other to ensure no NKs, then lynch the other the next day.  If the kill still goes through, I will gladly be tomorrow's lynch, then the rest of town can lynch Robz or Joth.

Ashersky, it's not that I think you're scum, it's that either you, Qvist, or YN are scum, and we can afford to kill all three of you if we do it in this order.

If someone messed something up in the translation, then humbug. I don't know who could have been wrong, other than maybe Joth about Frisk. But as I said, he recruited me to a private qt. He seemed engaged in a pro-town way, until his VLA departure.

I do think you are probably town, ashersky. But it has to go in this order. It's for the good of the team, man.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: December 08, 2012, 11:33:32 pm »

Ashersky, it's not that I think you're scum, it's that either you, Qvist, or YN are scum, and we can afford to kill all three of you if we do it in this order.

If someone messed something up in the translation, then humbug. I don't know who could have been wrong, other than maybe Joth about Frisk. But as I said, he recruited me to a private qt. He seemed engaged in a pro-town way, until his VLA departure.

I do think you are probably town, ashersky. But it has to go in this order. It's for the good of the team, man.

I mean, I can get that reasoning.  It's just, well, seems there's a way more pro-town use of my remaining powers than just, you know, killing them off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 08, 2012, 11:43:18 pm »

I also have a roleblock.

Does a non-ash person have an investigation power left?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:31 am »

Wait, so C_F is not confirmed as town? Robz only thinks that this is the case?

Or did someone Sage him?

Also, I can't stress this enough: It should be Qvist/Morgrim. Why do people keep letting this slide? This matters. There was a clear redirect going on or Qvist is blatantly lying. The lying doesn't make sense: No one CC'ed playing the TM's, so he certainly did. TM's also don't make sense to IC someone else. Did Morgrim steal them? Maybe? Did scum redirect to town-Morgrim in hoping that Qvist would contest stronger? Possible, but that's a lot of WIFOM.

It is just scary to see both Morgrim and C_F as confirmed town when they are not in my book.

There is some sort of redirect in this game, or so it seems. Remember this when assuming certain people are confirmed town. Sage could easily have been redirected, too, now that I think about it. I just don't know who/what to believe at this point. It certainly isn't as simple as we are making it out to be.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 09, 2012, 01:56:16 am »

But Young Nick, the redirect doesn't mean the outcome was wrong. Somehow Qvist ICing himself got redirected, so instead Morgrim got ICed. It doesn't say anything about them, scum could have just redirected them. We do know Morg is IC though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 09, 2012, 03:02:21 am »

But Young Nick, the redirect doesn't mean the outcome was wrong. Somehow Qvist ICing himself got redirected, so instead Morgrim got ICed. It doesn't say anything about them, scum could have just redirected them. We do know Morg is IC though.

Unless the power was to be announced as IC, even if you aren't.  Then it is good for scum, like investigation immunity.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 09, 2012, 08:11:27 am »

Fake ICs are way Bastard though. I just can't imagine that happening in a nonBastard game.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 09, 2012, 08:26:05 am »

Not caught up at all, but glad to see that cayvie was scum.  Will read from last post and respond one post at a time.  This may result in me commenting on things everyone already knows
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Night 2) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #862 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »

Great, we hit scum again. I have still this question open:

So: 7 cards.  9 players, and presumably 1 card played by eevee.  Should we start claiming?

This idea was abandoned. I think we should claim, because I have something to say which I found confusing.

And only 3 cards in the discard?? My card does not show up for example.

I didn't play a card on account from being vla.  I was hit by a discard attack though, and the mod auto discarded the card that I would have discarded.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 09, 2012, 01:53:19 pm »

So here's what I see:

ashersky (town)
Young Nick
Morgrim7 (IC)
CF
Robz888 (town)
jotheonah (town -- can someone remind me why?)
Qvist

POE, our scum has to be one of YN, CF, and Qvist, right?  Qvist says Morg somehow stole his IC, but still thinks he's town.

So if everyone is telling the truth, YN or CF.  CF is VLA, so I'd like to at least hear what YN is thinking, what his card did, etc.

CF is town. I investigated him with my N1 spy.

I can confirm that this is true.  At least the town part.  Whether he spied me, that is unknown.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 09, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

You know, YN can't lie about table positions anyway, the other person would contradict him.

So here's where I'm at: I have a vig kill in my hand.

It seems like, if we have a group of 3 where one is scum for sure, we can lynch one today and I can vig in the night with 50/50 accuracy.

The problem is, my vig kill is Contraband and the person to my left can tell me one person I can't kill. And that person is Young Nick.

If the person to Young Nick's left is Frisk or Robz, we should lynch him today so that a confTown has veto power over my shot, and I can freely shoot ash or Qvist. If it's either ash or Qvist, then I might not be able to helpful, unless I use the kill semi-investigatively, but I'm not sure if that's wise.

Thoughts?

I am not near Young Nick.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 09, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »

I guess that it's important I be explicit about Frisk. I don't straight up know his alignment. I know he had four cards in hand night 2, while Dsell had 3, which implies town.

I played spy night 1.  I can name every card that was in RobZ's hand - which he can validate, proving that I did so.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 09, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »

So Robz confirms Frisk as town.
Frisk knows all of the cards in Robz's hand.

Frisk and Robz are part of a special QT. If there were more than one scum left, they would look like perfect scumbuddies. Alas.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »

Or did someone Sage him?

Also, I can't stress this enough: It should be Qvist/Morgrim. Why do people keep letting this slide? This matters. There was a clear redirect going on or Qvist is blatantly lying. The lying doesn't make sense: No one CC'ed playing the TM's, so he certainly did. TM's also don't make sense to IC someone else. Did Morgrim steal them? Maybe? Did scum redirect to town-Morgrim in hoping that Qvist would contest stronger? Possible, but that's a lot of WIFOM.

It is just scary to see both Morgrim and C_F as confirmed town when they are not in my book.

There is some sort of redirect in this game, or so it seems. Remember this when assuming certain people are confirmed town. Sage could easily have been redirected, too, now that I think about it. I just don't know who/what to believe at this point. It certainly isn't as simple as we are making it out to be.

I am between morgrim and qvist.  I can confirm that QVist has the opportunity to have the cards that he has claimed. 

Someone just claimed to have Moat - what does this do?  Morgrim claims to have secret chambered himself night 1, and we assume that the N1 night kill (can't remember who) also played a secret chamber.

If moat protects self, then secret chamber can't, or vice versa.  Presumaly they would have at least someone different powers.

Also - if morgrim is telling the truth, then strongman kill must have been used N1, and then couldn't have broken the alleged protection last night.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 09, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

And look at that, I'm all caught up.     Do we have a vote count? 

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 09, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »

I'll have one up soon. I have to somewhere now./color]

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 09, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »

Or did someone Sage him?

I am between morgrim and qvist.  I can confirm that QVist has the opportunity to have the cards that he has claimed. 

Someone just claimed to have Moat - what does this do?  Morgrim claims to have secret chambered himself night 1, and we assume that the N1 night kill (can't remember who) also played a secret chamber.

If moat protects self, then secret chamber can't, or vice versa.  Presumaly they would have at least someone different powers.

Also - if morgrim is telling the truth, then strongman kill must have been used N1, and then couldn't have broken the alleged protection last night.

I have Moat, it self protects, not just from NKs, but attacks.

I used Bishop on Galz last night, so strongman had to be used last night.  Is it possible more than one mafia had the same "promo" card?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 09, 2012, 03:45:42 pm »

Or did someone Sage him?

Frisk, Morgrim is an IC. The only people not cleared by investigation are Qvist, YN, ashersky, and you. You are sort of cleared by Joth.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 09, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »

Vote Count 4.1:

ashersky (3) -- Robz888, Qvist, jotheonah, {L-1}

Not Voting (4) -- Morgrim7, Young Nick, Captain_Frisk, ashersky

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 4 Lynch Deadline is December 13th at 5:30 PM Forum Time.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:04 pm »

Robz

Hypothetically as a mod how would you resolve an Ic declaration with driving a bus?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 09, 2012, 07:18:29 pm »

Robz

Hypothetically as a mod how would you resolve an Ic declaration with driving a bus?

It's mod declared, it has to be true. That would be too bastardly.

It's a card that does it, so it has to be card that was available to scum, too. Meaning it's just a Card that forces the mod to mod-confirm your alignment. Meaning even if it were directed to someone else, I think it still holds true. If it were directed to Morgrim and he were scum, I would expect it to mod-confirm him as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.