Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54  All

Author Topic: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: GAME OVER! FLAWLESS TOWN WIN (sort of)!  (Read 115922 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Domafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 1) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2012, 11:33:48 pm »

oh yeah this game

rereading
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2012, 03:41:21 am »

gotta say i'm kinda mystified by the support for no lynch here

like, has it ever turned out well? legitimate question, does anyone have a game where day 1 no lynch worked out?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2012, 08:45:19 am »

like, has it ever turned out well? legitimate question, does anyone have a game where day 1 no lynch worked out?

You know, my vote stands on you for this.

Considering that scum has a statistically likely chance of a free D1 kill by way of mislynch and that we ALL have significant night powers it stands to perfectly good reason to let us all go into night and use those powers. That we have an even parity night further bolsters this idea.

Your argument presupposes to dismiss that all these other games didn't have the specific criteria this one does. Further, I'm not even aware of a game where we have gone D1 No Lynch so your question appears to be a non sequitur.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00:48 am »

In favor of no lunging

Voting for Someone

???
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:18 am »

Seriously though, if I get to the point where I have a strong scumread all bets are off. No reason to give up on scumhunting and fully commit to no lynch.  But because NL is a viable option, I'll have to be much more sure to vote for someone.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »

It seems unlikely (at least at our current posting rate) that we are going to end up lynching someone. I am not opposed to a lynch, but realistically, even with a slightly extended D1, it seems doubtful that we will reach a consensus. I know I will be V/LA from Tuesday afternoon onwards, and I expect others will be as well.

It's an unfortunate reality of a game that started so close to a holiday, but for now I'll say that I am happy to vote for a NL. If there isn't too much conversation in the next 24 hours, I'll park my vote there before my V/LA.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

So I actually have a mild scum read on Dsell.

It looks to me like he's really trying to be "Mr. Helpful." He's doing a fair amount of leading the town, for one thing. A couple pages back he was defending someone, I can't remember who, but I think it might have been cayvie, and it just felt fake to me.

Also, on the last page, he agreed with Eevee calling Joth his major scumread, but then Eevee clarified that he made a mistype, and Joth was actually his major townread (which I sort of agree with, fwiw). I think this might have just been unlucky for Dsell, but if someone jumps on a case that then turns out be a mistype, well, that doesn't reflect well on the jumper.

I don't know. This is far from rock solid. It's little more than a hunch I guess. But in a game where almost nothing has stood out to me, I'm definitely getting a bad vibe from exactly one player.

So, Vote: Dsell, actually.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2012, 01:13:57 pm »

I think Eevee's "clarification" might have been sarcastic. Actually I have no idea. Eevee, do you have a scumread on me or a townread?

Apropos of nothing, Archetype, if my PM says X is on my left and we lynch X will I get a new PM telling me who the new person on my left is?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2012, 01:26:58 pm »

Definitely town, joth!

Vote: Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2012, 01:54:55 pm »

Vote: Morgrim for having two posts this game and making me forget he's even here. Seriously, there's lurking.... And then there's Morgrim.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Morgrim hunting.  ::) But the lack of posts aside, he's the only one who hasn't posted his hand.

Speaking of hands:

Frisk:
Base, Seaside, Cornucopia, Prosperity, Dark Ages

Joth:
Prosperity, Dark Ages, Intrigue, Seaside, Base

Robz:
Base, Base, Intrigue, Intrigue, Prosperity

Galz:
Dark Ages, Dark Ages, Dark Ages, Hinterlands, Alchemy

Dsell:
Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Alchemy, Intrigue

Y.Nick:
Intrigue, Intrigue, Prosperity, Seaside, Seaside

PPS:
Alchemy, Hinterlands, Hinterlands, Intrigue, Seaside

Cayvie:
Alchemy, Intrigue, Cornucopia, Dark Ages, Dark Ages

Ashersky:
Prosperity, Base, Alchemy, Dark Ages, Seaside

Eevee:
Base, Intrigue, Prosperity, Hinterlands, Seaside

Qvist:
Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Intrigue

Morgrim:
??, ??, ??, ??, ??

Counts:

Base: 6
Intrigue: 10
Seaside: 14
Alchemy: 5
Prosperity: 6
Cornucopia: 2
Hinterlands: 4
Dark Ages: 8

And of course 5 more somewhere for Morgrim. I wasn't sure if the count would help, but it seemed worth having here. I don't see any pattern to it myself, even if I guessed where Morgrim's cards might fall. Still, I thought having this in one place might help on future days.

Query to town: Are we pre announcing out set play each day? For example, before we go to night, should I announce which set I'll be playing from? I don't think there's a correlation between set and role, so I don't see too much harm, and it let's us match up the cards played (when released in the morning) to who was going to play from which set. It adds a level of verification to the process (I think) that will hopefully make it harder for scum to lie and mislead.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:39 pm »

Good idea, Galzria.

I will play Intrigue tonight.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2012, 02:17:37 pm »

Also, on the last page, he agreed with Eevee calling Joth his major scumread, but then Eevee clarified that he made a mistype, and Joth was actually his major townread (which I sort of agree with, fwiw). I think this might have just been unlucky for Dsell, but if someone jumps on a case that then turns out be a mistype, well, that doesn't reflect well on the jumper.

I never called him anything like my "major scumread." I had a problem with two of his posts. I thought one of them was rolefishy (asking the person on his left or right to reveal somehow what they'd play) and another used frightfully a frightfully bad argument. Jo kinda clarified his rolefish-looking post in a way that makes some sense for this game, though I've never heard of a role like it. I stand by what I said and I'm confused by the town reads on Jo, unless it's just because Jo has said some fairly scummy stuff as town before.

I'm actually not sure what I'm going to play tonight. I hadn't thought about it and I might have to get some clarification on how my various roles work exactly. Also, is there a system of accountability? As in, will all cards played overnight be revealed in the morning? I'm fuzzy on that point. I'll tentatively say I'm going to play an Intrigue card tonight, but that's very liable to change.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2012, 02:19:05 pm »

If the day ended right now, i would play base.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2012, 02:19:32 pm »

Good idea, Galzria.

I'm assuming this is just to let people know what you're doing, but when you actually play your card, PM me the card's name at night.

I think Eevee's "clarification" might have been sarcastic. Actually I have no idea. Eevee, do you have a scumread on me or a townread?

Apropos of nothing, Archetype, if my PM says X is on my left and we lynch X will I get a new PM telling me who the new person on my left is?
Yes. Let's say 'Harry' is the player to your left. The player to Harry's left is Jane. If Harry gets lynched (or NK'd, whatever it is), the player to your left would then become Jane, until she is lynched. The player circle will get smaller and smaller as people die.

Vote count coming soon.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »

I'd play the base card too.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2012, 02:26:57 pm »

Vote Count 1.1:

Dsell (2) -- Robz888, Eevee
cayvie (2) -- pingpongsam, Young Nick
Captain_Frisk (3) -- Qvist, jotheonah, ashersky
Morgrim7 (1) -- Galzria
Young Nick (1) -- cayvie

Not Voting (3) -- Dsell, Morgrim7, Captain_Frisk

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 lynch deadline is Saturday, November 24th, at 1:00 AM forum time.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

Are all of those votes on Frisk still from when he claimed Jester??? That was pure RVS silliness.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:27 pm »

Are all of those votes on Frisk still from when he claimed Jester??? That was pure RVS silliness.

The game hasn't been moving fast enough to warrant people switching out of their RVS votes. I don't know which card I will be playing tonight. But I have a midterm in about 15 minutes, so I'm not going to fret about it now.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 1) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »

That is to say, I will post later this game-day which card I expect to play.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »

Good idea, Galzria.

I'm assuming this is just to let people know what you're doing, but when you actually play your card, PM me the card's name at night.

Yes. Let's say 'Harry' is the player to your left. The player to Harry's left is Jane. If Harry gets lynched (or NK'd, whatever it is), the player to your left would then become Jane, until she is lynched. The player circle will get smaller and smaller as people die.

Vote count coming soon.

Yes, but, will I then get a PM from you that tells me Jane is the new player on my left? Will Jane get a PM telling her that I'm the new player on her right?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »

No, they're mostly about thoughts that his push for claiming was rolefishy.

Though I thought I unvoted. I guess it wasn't clear that "No lunch" was "no lynch"

Vote: Dsell

Something's off about him. Not playing as carefully as I'm used to with town-Dsell.

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 1) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2012, 02:49:38 pm »

Good idea, Galzria.

Vote count coming soon.

Yes, but, will I then get a PM from you that tells me Jane is the new player on my left? Will Jane get a PM telling her that I'm the new player on her right?
Yes

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »

Though I thought I unvoted. I guess it wasn't clear that "No lunch" was "no lynch"
Oh. Knew I missed one.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »

You know, my vote stands on you for this.

Considering that scum has a statistically likely chance of a free D1 kill by way of mislynch and that we ALL have significant night powers it stands to perfectly good reason to let us all go into night and use those powers. That we have an even parity night further bolsters this idea.

Your argument presupposes to dismiss that all these other games didn't have the specific criteria this one does. Further, I'm not even aware of a game where we have gone D1 No Lynch so your question appears to be a non sequitur.

try mafia XIII

also, mafia happens on other sites as well

but this isn't really so much me arguing against no lynch as legitimately not understanding what makes it such a good idea here, as opposed to other role madness type games.

like, the value of a flip is still really good.

i'd probably use Dark Ages if the game ended now.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.