Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146536 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: July 07, 2021, 10:17:15 am »

Vote: Jack

Better than math

What did you think about my townslip idea?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2021, 10:40:28 am »

Vote: Jack

Better than math

What did you think about my townslip idea?

The cylons on game 1 were cylon-aligned and had flavor names of cylons. That doesn't mean they had more information, it's just obvious that they would all be cylons.

I'll let e answer your actual question.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2021, 10:53:09 am »

Vote: mathdude

I think that's X-1. If it's only between him and Jack, I obviously think math has a higher chance of flipping scum, but also I think this would be more informative about more other people than a Jack flip would currently.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 07, 2021, 11:05:19 am »

vote: math

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 07, 2021, 11:05:48 am »

Good morning! I’ve found ally got some space to reread, but it looks like we’re almost done? I think this is right:

mathdude (6): scolapasta, LaLight, Jack Rudd, Swowl, MiX, Dylan (x-1)
Jack Rudd (4): Glooble, mathdude, WestCoastDidds, e
EFHW (1): Cylons
scolapasta (1): EFHW

Not Voting (2): gkrieg13

PPS: ope! It’s over

Deadline at 3:15 today.

Gkrieg said he wants to hammer math, so I’ll wait until he shows up before I think about moving my vote. EFHW with the lone unconsolidated vote is noteworthy, I think. I’m not sure why she is singling scola (and me) out for wanting to oust a cylon when that seems to be the popular opinion. Strange.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 07, 2021, 11:06:35 am »

PPE: it’s over, rather

Draft fail!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 07, 2021, 11:07:09 am »

gkrieg the hammer man.

Math, full claim. I'm the only person that can save you. Related: if anyone else can save math, don't, that's incredibly anti-town, as you can just tell me you're gonna do it and I'll do it for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2021, 11:07:48 am »

Town vig kill this man if math flips town btw.

I know you exist, and you might not be town, but you might be listening to me, and you might even trust me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2021, 11:21:18 am »

I know you exist, and you might not be town, but you might be listening to me, and you might even trust me.

If I’m not town, I just made the stupidest move if math flips town.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 07, 2021, 11:22:29 am »

If I’m not town, I just made the stupidest move if math flips town.

Arguably same if you're town, but, yeah, that is true.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2021, 11:48:57 am »

Huh, I was all ready to get in here today and be around for end of day, but I guess it's all set... (barring a pardon).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2021, 11:54:49 am »

scola and Didds are looking scummy to me for their continued support of Cylon=scum. Last game there was a Cylon-aligned scum faction and there were still human-aligned Cylons. I don't like the way gkrieg and math have played their hands, but they are feeling more town. Maybe because they have been more active.

This is a misrepresentation of what I've been saying. At no point did I say that all Cylons=scum. Just that (based on the Cylon Extremist faction existing and the Cylons anti town voting) that I feel pretty stronglt that there is at least another non town Cylon. And since it *could* be more than one, as well, that voting for suspected Cylons seems best, barring other info.

scola perseverating on the results thing seems unnecessary - it's pretty clear the role description just said "investigate" without saying why you would want to know the answer.

I'm not so sure it's clear, but since gkrieg seems to have a similar ability, let's ask him? Does your investigate ability say anything about the results in the PR description?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »

It just says investigate and find out if they are a cylon or not.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2021, 01:12:39 pm »

Why would you assume it's alignment then? It's clearly species if that's what it says.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2021, 01:14:45 pm »

Why would you assume it's alignment then? It's clearly species if that's what it says.

I agree with Mix here (of course), and this is also all I was trying to get out of mathdude, if it says the same thing about his results.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 07, 2021, 01:27:12 pm »

I agree with Mix here (of course), and this is also all I was trying to get out of mathdude, if it says the same thing about his results.

I was obviously not going to answer for mathdude seeing as I think it is a fake claim.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 07, 2021, 01:44:02 pm »

Cylon vote I guess could be speccy controlled, but that still seems weird.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 07, 2021, 01:45:04 pm »

I copped mathdude last night and got cylon. We should exile him Today.

As others like Glooble have said... are you saying alignment or species? Because yes, I'm fairly certain I'm Cylon species.

And I have a strong inclination that there is either more that you aren't telling us, or you are strictly lying (and got lucky guessing I'm Cylon).

It does not say if it is alignment or species.

I don't want to completely reveal everything about my copping ability. Why do you think I'm lying, and why would I guess that you were a Cylon?

So was this a lie, gkrieg?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 07, 2021, 01:49:24 pm »

As others like Glooble have said... are you saying alignment or species? Because yes, I'm fairly certain I'm Cylon species.

And I have a strong inclination that there is either more that you aren't telling us, or you are strictly lying (and got lucky guessing I'm Cylon).

I don't want to completely reveal everything about my copping ability. Why do you think I'm lying, and why would I guess that you were a Cylon?

? That is exactly what I just said. It does not say if it is alignment or species. It says you find out if they are a Cylon or not. That is 100% consistent with what I said above.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 07, 2021, 01:50:04 pm »

It still bothers me that gkrieg hasn't told us why he concluded math was scum. People seem to be moving toward letting this go for now, which would be ok with me except for this missing element.

They referenced somewhere that their PR(s) would not make sense if their cop shot was not based on alignment.

And then I believe later said that's because the role would only help their character arc, rather than helping town. And I have the same thing.
I guess what we need is for me and/or gkrieg to get an opposite read next night, if possible, and see if we get results of "Human", "Town", "Non-Cylon", etc. Then we can maybe better tell if we are detecting species or alignment or something else.

Doesn't the power say if you're learning species of alignment??

I've said it before but I'll say it again. No, it doesn't.

I don't want to break the rule about quoting QT info. But it tells me something like this: "each night, you may investigate another player" (not an exact quote).

There's a subtle difference here that makes me think math was fakeclaiming potentially after reading all of gkrieg's posts during the claim conflict time period. In claiming, he said he "copped" mathdude, but that it wasn't clear if it was alignment or race. He never said what the ability told him what the result of the investigation would be. In mathdude's most detailed version of the claim, which is admittedly a paraphrase in accordance with rules, just said he was told he could investigate another player and then got the result cylon.

Two things:
One, if this is very close to the PR wording of gkrieg's ability, that seems pretty clearly referring to race not alignment to me.
Two, nowhere in mathdude's claim and clarification of his PR did he mention anything about the "find out if they are a cylon" clause of the ability. He just said he could investigate another player with no indication of what the role was.

Of those two power wordings, gkrieg's sounds much more believable, and thus the difference makes me believe mathdude was legitimately trying to mimic gkrieg's ability with his claim, but gkrieg held on to the "find out if they were cylon or not" phrase until after it was too late for mathdude. So even though I really don't believe gkrieg's ability by itself is alignment indicative, I do think he found scum based on mathdude's play post-claim.

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 07, 2021, 01:50:37 pm »

That means species. That literally means species.

Imagine if there's an animal-aligned team, and players are either humans or animals. If a power says "learn if they're an animal", what do you think you learn??

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 07, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 07, 2021, 01:54:52 pm »

? That is exactly what I just said. It does not say if it is alignment or species. It says you find out if they are a Cylon or not. That is 100% consistent with what I said above.

I mean, I read the detailed version of the claim and it sounds pretty unambiguously like it means race, but I can see a rational person interpreting it as not being clear, especially since gkrieg wasn't in season 1 to be directly involved in all the conversations we had about that distinction in language usage around the two in our abilities and things.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 07, 2021, 01:55:32 pm »

Anyway I'm fine with killing math because if he has gkrieg's power, he should've known that he saw species.

PPE: Basically that, yeah, I'm fine excusing gkrieg, mostly because we might have to.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 07, 2021, 01:56:39 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

Ok, you've been pretty keen to ask everyone else to claim various things this game, so I'm going to turn it around. What gave you that info?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.