Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 183641 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #650 on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:07 am »

I mean too powerful
Really? I think it's fairly weaksauce. Host/human knowledge doesn't help us catch scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:55 am »

I don't think ADK's claim makes a ton of sense flavor-wise.

I don't know a lot about the flavor but that's my role. The ability name is "greet newcomers", does that make it make any more sense?

Also the self-preservation argument is bullshit given that you're a host.

Yes because being dead and not able to use my power or vote isn't important at all
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 22, 2020, 10:27:29 am »

ADK - your claim:

you try to track someone; if they're a host you see who they targeted? And nothing if they're human? How do you know if no results are they are human vs they're not targeting someone vs being blocked?

I get a positive result on whether they're human or host, but I only get the tracking if they're a host

so you're flavor cop AND Tracker? Given my role I don't think it's possible for town to have those roles.

"Host or human" is a far cry from flavor cop
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 22, 2020, 10:30:51 am »

One issue I see in exiling ADK is if they are a host (seemed fairly likely that claim is true?) then we still remain in doubt about whether they are scum or not.

That feels like it plays to scum's favor. Exile and kill hosts (which they know are not on their team, but we do not).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2020, 10:33:19 am »

Here's one more thing to think about: Scum having a host/human cop would be very useful to them, so they can find who they can actually kill.

ADK, do you have any more powers?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2020, 10:36:41 am »

Here's one more thing to think about: Scum having a host/human cop would be very useful to them, so they can find who they can actually kill.

I do have maintenance but that's it

How much does scum actually care about killing humans vs. hosts? Hosts can be revived but maintenance takes a long time and requires the dead hosts to correctly pick town humans
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 22, 2020, 10:37:35 am »

True, this related to what I posted. Having this power would help scum in the effectiveness of their NKs.

I mean if there is a scum host (and there must be, right?), it'll be tough to exile them, but exile them we must.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 22, 2020, 10:44:13 am »

I don't think ADK's claim makes a ton of sense flavor-wise.

I don't know a lot about the flavor but that's my role. The ability name is "greet newcomers", does that make it make any more sense?
Less, actually. The newcomers are the humans, so if the power was named like that it would make more sense for it to do stuff to humans.

I mean, my powers aren't all that flavorful either, but this seems like a particularly ill fit.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 22, 2020, 10:45:49 am »

I do have maintenance but that's it

How much does scum actually care about killing humans vs. hosts? Hosts can be revived but maintenance takes a long time and requires the dead hosts to correctly pick town humans

I guess they may not care, but it would still be a useful power for them. Especially if they have powers that only work on hosts/humans, like you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 22, 2020, 10:47:08 am »

I don't want another end of day Europe scramble like yesterday. I think we're likely to hit a scum host here anyway.

Vote: ADK

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 22, 2020, 10:49:42 am »

I don't want another end of day Europe scramble like yesterday. I think we're likely to hit a scum host here anyway.

That's the hammer, right?

I agree there's a good chance of scum here, I'm just concerned we won't know. I guess it'll be interesting for whatever human ADK contacts...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 22, 2020, 10:51:00 am »

I agree there's a good chance of scum here, I'm just concerned we won't know. I guess it'll be interesting for whatever human ADK contacts...

Though the "I don't want another end of day Europe scramble like yesterday" is a little weird. It's still only 11am forum time, i.e USA East time, so way plenty of time before we get to European scrambled.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 22, 2020, 10:51:12 am »

I think so.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:12 am »

Hammer's anti town. Why did we kill a scum tracker? It's not like they're not getting revived.

It's fine to be honest. I just wish ADK was worse as scum.

Can you maintenence this night?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 22, 2020, 10:53:11 am »

Hammer's anti town. Why did we kill a scum tracker? It's not like they're not getting revived.

uh, that would be why I hammered. Also not wanting another horrible EoD like D1

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 22, 2020, 10:56:12 am »

What do we gain from roleblocking a scum tracker?

You know what, faust was right. Exiling is wrong.

I wish I was here to unvote when ADK claimed host.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 22, 2020, 10:56:37 am »

I can maitenance tomorrow, because that's how maitenance works
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 22, 2020, 11:05:45 am »

Well I doubt that claim was truthful.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 22, 2020, 11:55:43 am »

Do you think ADK's not a tracker and flavor cop?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 22, 2020, 12:03:38 pm »

Ugh.

This will be the least helpful flip ever if ADK is a host.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 22, 2020, 12:05:54 pm »

It also feels a lot like faust and scola were engineering this with yams, and that feels pretty scummilicous to me.  I am still a bit mystified about the hammer with so much of the day remaining and so few people around at the time.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 22, 2020, 12:16:25 pm »

It also feels a lot like faust and scola were engineering this with yams, and that feels pretty scummilicous to me.  I am still a bit mystified about the hammer with so much of the day remaining and so few people around at the time.

Funny you think I may have engineered this when I made both the points you made:
• ADK being host is not very helpful
• hammer when so much of day is remaining

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 22, 2020, 12:17:15 pm »

"So much of the day remaining"? There was less than 24 hours, and I didn't want another EoD like day 1. I think ADK was scummy and it was a good enough exile for me.

Also, we're never going to just lynch humans. We have to lynch hosts at some point because I'm 100% sure there's at least 1 scum host.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 22, 2020, 12:19:36 pm »

"So much of the day remaining"? There was less than 24 hours, and I didn't want another EoD like day 1. I think ADK was scummy and it was a good enough exile for me.

Also, we're never going to just lynch humans. We have to lynch hosts at some point because I'm 100% sure there's at least 1 scum host.

*Exile, woops

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 22, 2020, 12:25:03 pm »

Do you think ADK's not a tracker and flavor cop?
Yes, I think he's not a Tracker.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.