Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1176337 times)

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #3325 on: May 26, 2014, 04:06:03 am »

On a whim, I did a search, and no one here has talked about the glories of Frog Fractions yet.

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions

(For people who do play, my one request is that you spoiler your comments. It's better that way.)

Oh god. This is ridiculous (and hilarious). I was about to go to bed too. I'm stuck in the text interface spaceship. I don't know what to do with the goop room

Edit: Nevermind. I beat it. That was a great waste of a couple hours sleep. I'm sure there are secrets that I missed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:44:10 am by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: May 26, 2014, 04:12:02 am »
+1

I watched a whole bunch of her videos yesterday for the first time  and became a huge fan. What a weird coincidence!

That's not a coincidence, it's cause and effect. ;)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: May 26, 2014, 07:33:35 am »

On a whim, I did a search, and no one here has talked about the glories of Frog Fractions yet.

(For people who do play, my one request is that you spoiler your comments. It's better that way.)

I loved it. It renewed my unending obsession with fractions.

I finished the game a while ago, but made the mistake of leaving the Palace or whatever before exploring it, at the end, and couldn't muster the will to get there again. Was there anything interesting to do there?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: May 26, 2014, 08:28:04 am »
+1

Oh god, the punching strategy.  I just about died.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: May 26, 2014, 03:02:44 pm »
+1

I loved it. It renewed my unending obsession with fractions.

I finished the game a while ago, but made the mistake of leaving the Palace or whatever before exploring it, at the end, and couldn't muster the will to get there again. Was there anything interesting to do there?

As far as I know, no. You can't go off on either sides or go up, so down is the only way through.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: May 26, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »

Playing D&D for the first time tomorrow. Gonna be a druid, about to choose a race. Any suggestions for me?

First time doing any tabletop RPG or D&D in general?

I have my fair share of D&D, but I think I'll use 13th Age as a way to introduce people. It has some crunchy rules too, but it encourages players to be pretty creative in the character. Not to say you can't be creative in D&D, but some GMs can't think outside the box, so it can be a pretty uninspiring time. I guess that's true for any game, though.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: May 26, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »
+1

I'm....um, missing something?

I saw fractions, but I did not see an indication of what to do with them. Do I only target certain bugs? And once I get the electro tongue, it's pretty easy to get a bunch of bugs, which presumably means bugs that you wouldn't want, though that did not seem to be an issue with me since I didn't even know which bugs I did want.

And the gameplay I'm seeing in spoiler tags makes no sense to me. I never saw any of that.

Judging from the comments on that page, I feel like I'm being trolled.
A man has no signature

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: May 26, 2014, 07:02:09 pm »

The game goes on a lot longer than that... keep playing. I'm stuck on the text adventure. Where do I get perfume?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »

Playing D&D for the first time tomorrow. Gonna be a druid, about to choose a race. Any suggestions for me?

I have my fair share of D&D, but I think I'll use 13th Age as a way to introduce people. It has some crunchy rules too, but it encourages players to be pretty creative in the character. Not to say you can't be creative in D&D, but some GMs can't think outside the box, so it can be a pretty uninspiring time. I guess that's true for any game, though.

Any RPG! I just finished playing, it was great! And in case anyone wants to put on their robe and wizard hat, I'm a level 2 druid.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: May 26, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »
+1

Any RPG! I just finished playing, it was great! And in case anyone wants to put on their robe and wizard hat, I'm a level 2 druid.

Do you WANT your body to explode into a fine bloody mist?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: May 26, 2014, 07:32:55 pm »

One of us! One of us!

Welcome to your new circle of geekery. I know you're already a geek; nobody hangs out here without geek points. Now you have a new geek badge.

Check out different games. They have all sorts of different genres, so you can easily find one (or a bunch) that suits you. For example, I play a fair amount of Legend of the Five Rings, which is an RPG that is set in a world that is similar to Japan if it was on a large continent and had real magic.

And one of my favorite RPGs is Over the Edge, which is a surreal game taking place on a mysterious island in the present day where conspiracies are real.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: May 26, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
+1

The game goes on a lot longer than that... keep playing. I'm stuck on the text adventure. Where do I get perfume?

How much longer? I played through two different typing tests and had bought the first seven upgrades. The eighth upgrade requires 25k fruit, which seems a long ways away. I didn't pay much attention to how many waves of bugs I had to endure, but there were at least 10 waves with only the typing test as something different. Oh, and the bugs shot at me when I got the dragon, so that's a little different.

And I still don't see how it's teaching fractions.
A man has no signature

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:31 pm »
+1

How much longer? I played through two different typing tests and had bought the first seven upgrades. The eighth upgrade requires 25k fruit, which seems a long ways away. I didn't pay much attention to how many waves of bugs I had to endure, but there were at least 10 waves with only the typing test as something different. Oh, and the bugs shot at me when I got the dragon, so that's a little different.

You can move more than left and right. Also how is it not teaching fractions. Look at all these fractions everywhere.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: May 26, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

You can move more than left and right. Also how is it not teaching fractions. Look at all these fractions everywhere.

Indeed, more than fractions, especially after you get the cybernetic brain upgrade.

@Dsell liopoil
Did you check out the machine?
Bacon smells good, doesn't it?
I think it would make a good perfume.
If only you could take the goop.
If only you had a way to carry the goop.

A thing that people may have missed -- Buy the uninstall upgrade for the targeting system. Reinstall it. Uninstall it again. And so on...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:07:17 pm by eHalcyon »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: May 26, 2014, 09:00:25 pm »

I played the fraction game a long time ago, but I am pretty sure I did everything I could.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:28 pm »

A thing that people may have missed -- Buy the uninstall upgrade for the targeting system. Reinstall it. Uninstall it again. And so on...

First time I played, those upgrades were leaking left and right over the original interface before I realized that I wasn't going to unlock the warp drive that way. It was funny though. Also, I used the dragon the right way completely by accident, trying to avoid the bullets. Looking back, I think it's genius that the shooting phase starts with the dragon (although you can pull the trick I am talking about with the turtle too).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: May 26, 2014, 10:06:56 pm »

I played the fraction game a long time ago, but I am pretty sure I did everything I could.

Oops, I meant @liopoil.  Golem and Chapel have very similar colour schemes.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: May 26, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »

Playing for a couple minutes, then reading through the spoilers, it appears the Fraction Frogs game is another Mao-style game.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1195
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: May 26, 2014, 11:31:57 pm »

Playing for a couple minutes, then reading through the spoilers, it appears the Fraction Frogs game is another Mao-style game.

You know, it's really not. And you really shouldn't have read spoilers, the game is a beautiful artwork.
But seriously, every step of the way the game either tells you what to do, or it is impossible to fail. The first bit, for example, the game tells you that it is an option, and also hints are given: I think (might just be my imagination) that the typing levels purposefully give clue words, and if you run through the auto-target upgrades enough times you get a hint, sort of.
That is not like mao. Mao is not telling you what you can do, and then shouting at you when you don't follow them. Frog Fractions is telling you what to do, and then congratulating you when you truly follow the instructions.

Frog Fractions is also a beautiful surreal experience that I wish I could experience again.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 27, 2014, 12:45:30 am »

Frog Fractions is also a beautiful surreal experience that I wish I could experience again.

It was fun and hilarious, and I suppose it is surreal, but I don't think I'd call it beautiful.  I mean, consider the theme of the mini-game in the last stage.  Not exactly my idea of beauty.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: May 27, 2014, 05:49:19 am »

It was fun and hilarious, and I suppose it is surreal, but I don't think I'd call it beautiful.  I mean, consider the theme of the mini-game in the last stage.  Not exactly my idea of beauty.

I was planning to introduce my eleven year old nephew to the game, but then chose not to when I got to that last mini-game.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 27, 2014, 07:05:50 am »

I've played through to the text adventure, and gotten thoroughly bored now I'm there. It's an interesting idea, but at this point my desire to do something more fun is outweighing my desire to solve the puzzle with the can and spigot.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 27, 2014, 07:10:49 am »

I've played through to the text adventure, and gotten thoroughly bored now I'm there. It's an interesting idea, but at this point my desire to do something more fun is outweighing my desire to solve the puzzle with the can and spigot.

It's pretty much just what it looks like.  Put the can on the spigot and pull the lever.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 27, 2014, 07:34:38 am »

@Dsell liopoil
Did you check out the machine?
Bacon smells good, doesn't it?
I think it would make a good perfume.
If only you could take the goop.
If only you had a way to carry the goop.

Yeah, figured it out now. I tried to put the goop in the cup (even before I read this) but there wasn't enough floating around. It didn't occur to me to put it under the spigot...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 27, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »

It's pretty much just what it looks like.  Put the can on the spigot and pull the lever.

I haven't touched the game since earlier today but... what lever? I don't recall ever finding one.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.