Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267918 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2500 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41:18 pm »

I said full jailkeep full rolecop cant be the same team, so if I am galz partner I am more likely to be one shot jailkeeper which makes it even less likely then the already plethera of reason the a scum jailkeeper would not jailkeep you.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »

and I still maintain that it is possible that a player can both use an action and perform a night kill. You are not cleared from being Galz's partner in my book. Not by a long shot.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 14, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »

When I have time (just about to leave for work) I'll do the hard yards and give yuma a re-read.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

and I still maintain that it is possible that a player can both use an action and perform a night kill. You are not cleared from being Galz's partner in my book. Not by a long shot.

okay regardless, say I am a full jailkeeper on a team with galz and I can jailkeep and night kill at the same time. Why do I jailkeep you, make liopoil an ic and kill theorel(he couldve been doctored) and risk being nightkilled by another scum team. Or I let you LR no investigations, no chance I am nk'd and the next night I jailkeep Jim to make sure no doc and kill theorel.

You keep stating I could be jailkeeper I could be teamed with galz, those roles could work, but your just ignoring the fact that even if all of that is true jailkeeping you is a terrible play.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

Robz's tracking claim needs studied, if you are rereading.  I think that claim is driving a lot of this.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: February 14, 2013, 10:02:21 pm »

okay regardless, say I am a full jailkeeper on a team with galz and I can jailkeep and night kill at the same time. Why do I jailkeep you, make liopoil an ic and kill theorel(he couldve been doctored) and risk being nightkilled by another scum team. Or I let you LR no investigations, no chance I am nk'd and the next night I jailkeep Jim to make sure no doc and kill theorel.

You keep stating I could be jailkeeper I could be teamed with galz, those roles could work, but your just ignoring the fact that even if all of that is true jailkeeping you is a terrible play.

You jail Yuma to make sure you kill the cop that can catch you.  If you don't, you only kill Yuma.

Still, the LR protects you from investigations anyway, so your alternate plan makes more sense to me, too.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 14, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »

I understand what you are saying... I really do. And I have said before that if our shoes were switched I would very likely lynched you because it is the more likely scenario! But I am LR, I did activate it and it didn't work, therefore I am left to try and figure it out! I don't know what happened! But right now it appears to be working relatively well. A cop was NK, I (town) am the most likely lynched today. So I don't know. I really don't. But I know I am a bad lynch from my perspective.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 14, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »

A couple things:

Mcmcsalot COULD be scum. I don't actually giving the tracking thing much credit anymore. It was fine info to direct our earlier efforts, but at this point, I'm not putting stock in it. Galz could have just done the kill. I agree that it's perfectly plausible that a scum can shoot and use his power. There really isn't anything to absolve mcmc at this point. I also see him kind of parroting other people's views. It would not surprise me AT ALL if he was scum.

HOWEVER.

There's just no way Yuma was actually roleblocked. I don't think it's very likely there's another roleblocker, I don't think it creates parity between the teams, and I don't think it was strategically wise to roleblock yuma even if mcmcsalot is a roleblocker. Because then he would face the very real possibility of Jimm doctoring theorel and theorel investigating him.

So they may both be scum. But yuma has to be the more likely of the two. Do you guys seriously think otherwise? I've been wrong about a lot of stuff (sorry liopoil), and I'm willing to switch my vote. I just don't believe yuma was roleblocked.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 14, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »

I think the better argument for Yuma is that he was jailed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: February 14, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »

A couple things:

Mcmcsalot COULD be scum. I don't actually giving the tracking thing much credit anymore. It was fine info to direct our earlier efforts, but at this point, I'm not putting stock in it. Galz could have just done the kill. I agree that it's perfectly plausible that a scum can shoot and use his power. There really isn't anything to absolve mcmc at this point. I also see him kind of parroting other people's views. It would not surprise me AT ALL if he was scum.

HOWEVER.

There's just no way Yuma was actually roleblocked. I don't think it's very likely there's another roleblocker, I don't think it creates parity between the teams, and I don't think it was strategically wise to roleblock yuma even if mcmcsalot is a roleblocker. Because then he would face the very real possibility of Jimm doctoring theorel and theorel investigating him.

So they may both be scum. But yuma has to be the more likely of the two. Do you guys seriously think otherwise? I've been wrong about a lot of stuff (sorry liopoil), and I'm willing to switch my vote. I just don't believe yuma was roleblocked.

If anyone is scum playing a great game, it is you.  But I think I'm just fine thinking you are town and okay losing to you if you played us all this well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:02 pm »

Man, it's always "Is Robz being awesome scum or lousy town?" So lousy at being town.

If yuma is scum, even if we do lynch him, I say he played a great game. Several times, I've crossed him off my list for just being so thorough and analytical--typically town traits. But other evidence is more compelling now.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 15, 2013, 12:14:18 am »

Vote Count 5.1

Admiral Ross calls up to see how things are going on the station. Unfortunately, the few surviving station denizens are either drunk at Morn's or frantically scrambling to keep the station from falling apart.

You'd better secure the station quickly or there won't be much left to secure!

yuma (3): ashersky, mcmcsalot, Robz
mcmc (3): Jimmmmm, liopoil, yuma

Not Voting: no one!

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
I think I forgot to give you guys a deadline.
Let's make it February 26th at noon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 15, 2013, 04:28:43 am »

Man, it's always "Is Robz being awesome scum or lousy town?" So lousy at being town.

If yuma is scum, even if we do lynch him, I say he played a great game. Several times, I've crossed him off my list for just being so thorough and analytical--typically town traits. But other evidence is more compelling now.

I do agree that Yuma has seemed town all game.  It's really just the seeming lie that's damning him.

Lio is our IC now, and doesn't prefer him.

Here's the thing, losing town!mcmc isn't so bad...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26:50 am »

I realized a solution that could potentially explain everything... it is a hedge case scenario, which is exactly what Robz doesn't want... but that is all I really have to offer at this point. I can't help it, I am going crazy in my head trying to explain what happened last night, but it is really hard in a closed setup. And I don't know if it would work with LR rules or not, but I'll put it out there anyways.

Anyways, consider a Bus-Driver who targets me and theorel. I activate my LR, but theorel gets swapped in instead so he is targeted instead. So he is killed and investigated (by ash) instead of me... so scum is free from investigation, get a night kill and I am sitting pretty for the lynch the next day (note that this scenario would result in lio not actually being an IC....)

Of course all of this is dependent on there being a scum bus-driver, which I think is just as likely as there being a scum JK (maybe even more likely as scum wouldn't want to claim BD because it is typically a pretty scummy role). And again, an edge case... but like I said, that is all I got at this point.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:52 am »

But ash said he investigated liopoil.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 15, 2013, 08:33:54 am »

My result is definitely on lio.  That's clear in my PM.  I am fairly certain a bus driver/redirector/LR would have given me something different in my PM.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:21 am »

My result is definitely on lio.  That's clear in my PM.  I am fairly certain a bus driver/redirector/LR would have given me something different in my PM.

Either Yuma was blocked or jailed or lied.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 15, 2013, 08:46:32 am »

Either Yuma was blocked or jailed or lied.

Ok. I guess I don't understand bus driving very well then. Sorry for the distraction.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40:21 am »

Okay, re-read yuma. Yep, the whole game. I'm not likely to remember everything now, but my conclusion is I think he's likely Town, but if he is scum, he's probably Galz' partner. Just too much going for Glooble, I think. Sure, yeah, bussing whatever. I don't think he's Maquis. And I don't see any indication that he's scum. Of course, that might be easy to do if he's Galz' only partner, as for most of the game he's had no one that he particularly doesn't want to die.

He's also had almost the exact response to my claim that I'd expect from a Townie who's been suspecting me, in that he's really uncomfortable with it. I knew Townies would be uncomfortable with it, as yeah, it makes me close to unlynchable. Robz and ash, on the other hand, seemed suspicious of me before my claim, and (correct me if I'm wrong) haven't said much about me since, so that makes me more suspicious of them.

Anyway. We know that one of these two things has happened:

1) Scum yuma, who is likely the last remaining scum on his team, decided that the best way for him to win the game would be to claim LR and (admittedly not immediately) offer to use it, knowing full well that he wouldn't (certainly if it looked like the other scumteam was still alive) and would look mighty suspicious the next day.
2) We have another Roleblocker or a Jailkeeper somewhere who thought the best way for his team to win the game was to stop yuma from LRing, effectively saving a non-his-team from death and allowing a his-team-Cop to get more information about his team.

These both seem unlikely, but one of them happened. And I'm still leaning towards the second.

I'm also really wishing we hadn't lynched Dsell yesterday. Not just because he was Town, but because he was also confirmed not-something, which are getting more and more valuable as we get closer to the end and still likely have a something alive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:05 am »

Okay, re-read yuma. Yep, the whole game. I'm not likely to remember everything now, but my conclusion is I think he's likely Town, but if he is scum, he's probably Galz' partner. Just too much going for Glooble, I think. Sure, yeah, bussing whatever. I don't think he's Maquis. And I don't see any indication that he's scum. Of course, that might be easy to do if he's Galz' only partner, as for most of the game he's had no one that he particularly doesn't want to die.

He's also had almost the exact response to my claim that I'd expect from a Townie who's been suspecting me, in that he's really uncomfortable with it. I knew Townies would be uncomfortable with it, as yeah, it makes me close to unlynchable. Robz and ash, on the other hand, seemed suspicious of me before my claim, and (correct me if I'm wrong) haven't said much about me since, so that makes me more suspicious of them.

Anyway. We know that one of these two things has happened:

1) Scum yuma, who is likely the last remaining scum on his team, decided that the best way for him to win the game would be to claim LR and (admittedly not immediately) offer to use it, knowing full well that he wouldn't (certainly if it looked like the other scumteam was still alive) and would look mighty suspicious the next day.
2) We have another Roleblocker or a Jailkeeper somewhere who thought the best way for his team to win the game was to stop yuma from LRing, effectively saving a non-his-team from death and allowing a his-team-Cop to get more information about his team.

These both seem unlikely, but one of them happened. And I'm still leaning towards the second.

I'm also really wishing we hadn't lynched Dsell yesterday. Not just because he was Town, but because he was also confirmed not-something, which are getting more and more valuable as we get closer to the end and still likely have a something alive.

I hadn't put together that weird "Jimmmmm might be hated" D1 thing with your BP claim.  Together it makes more sense.

I think either Yuma played a gambit with the LR claim, or was jailed/blocked.  No other explanation for everything working last night.  It doesn't help that we don't have anyone else with night actions who can offer up info.

I think I am guaranteed to die tonight, so there are probably no more investigations.  Scum team analysis is probably most useful moving forward.

The odd thing is, scum isn't hammering here.  Even with no guarantees on how many remain alive, you'd think if there is an opportunity to lynch someone not on your team, you take it at this point, and hope your NKs take out the rest.  This is very well MYLO for the town, but not yet for scum.

Possibly, both Yuma and mcmc are scum, and can't hammer each other.

Honestly, I think it's two town + one scum on each wagon.  Mcmc on Yuma and either Jimmmmm or Yuma on mcmc.

Mcmc is the safer lynch when I look at it from that angle.  Lio is on mcmc, and he's confirmed town.  Robz, what do you think?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:58 am »

Well I guess the fact that scum hasn't hammered could be put down to:

1) yuma and mcmc are the last two scum so can't.
2) Any scum that can would have to do some scummy-looking backtracking on their "reads" in order to hammer someone they've expressed a Town read on.
3) Scum don't really care who's lynched, and don't want to draw attention to themselves by being the one to hammer.

Really if you or I are scum we have little reason to hammer since we don't seem likely to be lynched today, so the only potential scum who would possibly hammer to save himself would be Robz. Which actually to me makes it more likely that yuma and mcmc are the last two scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 15, 2013, 10:05:07 am »

Honestly, I think it's two town + one scum on each wagon.  Mcmc on Yuma and either Jimmmmm or Yuma on mcmc.

Mcmc is the safer lynch when I look at it from that angle.  Lio is on mcmc, and he's confirmed town.  Robz, what do you think?

Does that mean you're planning on hammering?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 15, 2013, 10:06:32 am »

Does that mean you're planning on hammering?

I means I could be convinced to switch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 15, 2013, 10:16:07 am »

Well, the only way that lynching mcmc screws us is if there 2 scum and mcmc isn't one of them.

If scum is just yuma, we can afford to kill one and then the other.

If scum is both mcmc and yuma, it doesn't matter who we kill first.

I still say another roleblocker is unlikely and yuma is scum, but I see the case for mcmc, and it truly doesn't matter unless scum is jimm/yuma or ash/yuma. That's... not likely, I don't think.

I can hammer mcmc, actually. I don't see how doing them in this order is actually a problem.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 15, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

Am I wrong? Let's say we mislynch, and someone gets night killed. I don't know, let's say it's liopoil, but that doesn't matter. Then it's me, yuma, ashersky, and jimm. And we're still okay.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.