Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267912 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1950 on: January 31, 2013, 06:31:57 am »

I'm on my way to work - I get off at 3. I'd appreciate not being hammered before I have a chance to claim, etc.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 31, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

9. liopoil total: 91; 37 from day 1 (40%); 36 from day2 (40%); 18 from day3 (20%)

Hey guys, look, I'm consistent!

I don't think munch is scum, but, for the whole, "one of munch/shraeye/raerae is scum" to be true he would have to be. FoS people who thought one of them was scum, seems like trying to get two misslynchs.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 31, 2013, 07:00:39 pm »

So I have been thinking about this game while in my rotations and two things jumped out at me... The nagging beginnings of doubt about glooble--mostly caused by theorels posts, but also by town reads on glooble from others--and second an increasing suspicion of jimmm.

It isn't just the lurking. Although that is certainly there, I mean that is what turned me on was his mxi ftl like decreasing post count. But also just his stance on wagons, his day1 stuff I mentioned back then, his weird interpretation of robz/mcmc... I just want to look at him more and more.

Gah. I think I am going to change my vote. I still think glooble is playing scummy and would love to hear more from him and continue to see his responses, but I am beginning to wonder if jimmm is better. I think it might be. I'll go ahead and
vote: jimmmmmm. I am still willing to vote glooble but I think this is a good route to go.

I have to run for a bit, but I'll be back to post a more sufficient case for others to read and for him to respond to. I am glad we still have about a week left. I need to think things through again.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »

We've got just under a week to deadline, and yuma's working to derail our only promising lynch.

Odds that Glooble actually provides any content now that the pressure is lifting?  Close to nil.

Big FOS yuma for his 180 after Glooble commits to providing a response but before we are able to see if he actually comes through.  Glooble's just been given permission to continue not to worry.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »

I have not had a lot of time for mafia this week... and that's not going to change for the next few days. So I'm glad we actually have a week left.

Ash, I see what you're saying about what yuma did there. I don't like it at all, but I don't think it's so scummy. Unless a Glooble/yuma pairing was actually possible. I don't know whether it's possible or not.

I'm still most supportive of a Glooble or liopoil lynch. Probably liopoil more than Glooble, actually; I've just found liopoil really, really joiny, rather than building unique cases.

I'm also wary of Munch now that I don't think his anti-me reasons made much sense (compared to other people's), but maybe that's just bias against someone who is against me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 31, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »

We've got just under a week to deadline, and yuma's working to derail our only promising lynch.

Odds that Glooble actually provides any content now that the pressure is lifting?  Close to nil.

Big FOS yuma for his 180 after Glooble commits to providing a response but before we are able to see if he actually comes through.  Glooble's just been given permission to continue not to worry.

I don't get this... We have a week. That is as in a whole week, not only a week. It isn't like we are in crunch time here.

Second, I am not derailing anything. I am trying to lynch scum. I don't know if glooble is scum. I think he is likely scum, but I am not sure if he is more likely scum than Jimmm, that is what I am trying to find out.

Third, Glooble isn't our only promising lynch. That sort of mindset is exactly what got Cuzz lynched Day1 and has been the bane of this game so far. People get deadset on their bad reads, stick to them, dont' look at anyone else and then we lynch town! Ugh!

Fourth, Glooble already responded to me and as I said in the post I above I still expect Glooble to provide content. If he doesn't, well... like I said, I have no problem going back to him.

Glooble should still worry if he is town. He should worry about a mislynch. If he is scum... well then. I don't care... he can just not post and we will lynch him.

But I do really want to take a look at Jimmmm. Do you agree that his downward trend in posting is scummy?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:45 pm »

Is your only case on me my decreased activity? I can see why that looks bad, but it's mostly just that I had a much better idea of things I wanted to do earlier in the game than I do now. Most people I've had a strong read on are dead, and I just don't really know where to turn to now, and developing something new sounds like a heck of a lot of work, and will require more free time than I've really had lately. So I will do my best to increase my contributions.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »

But I do really want to take a look at Jimmmm. Do you agree that his downward trend in posting is scummy?

I think he's a fair candidate for a second look, but I don't find his downward trend particularly scummy, in comparison to others, like Glooble.

He was active early, when it is easiest to lurk as scum.  I don't have a particular read on Jimmmmm, probably on the scummy side of neutral, but he's nowhere near the top of the scumpack.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 31, 2013, 10:58:40 pm »

Jimmmm -

Quick Day1 summary:

- weird do not lynch me until I claim thing... like really early in the game.
 - early case on Eevee
 -  this quote I somehow missed before
If/when the time came, I just wanted something to refer back to so that my claim wouldn't look like it came out of left field.
- followed by this one that I also missed...
Of course, my other intention was to make sure I'm allowed to claim before being lynched (I have been lynched before while I was away, albeit in a blitz game when it was not unexpected). We can discuss it further if and when have to claim.
Both of these potentially look like scum forcing a breadcrumb.
 - I think the weirdest thing about his eevee case was that 1. he presented it and then 2. followed up with nothing but fluff posts and the two I mentioned above... CSI: Miama, joking with the mod, commenting on other jokes... It was like he wanted to present the case, but not push it too hard... 3. and then he completely backs off after hearing a response. I didn't notice this before, but it makes it seem... more forced.
 - He then gives rereads on a lot of players, and really gives nothing on any of them (Cuzz, Galz, Dsell and sparky) also says he won't support a Galz lynch "because he is Galz and because he is busy"
 - votes mcmc, for what I see as a pretty good reason
 - back to a scum read on eevee
 - has a couple of squirmy posts in response to pressure, especially one where he calls out Robz for voting for him for "information" but Robz wasn't actually voting for him
 - votes glooble, but then unvotes him pretty quickly
 - lots of big posts day1... responding to people, lots of quotes, arguments
 - thinks cuzz is probably town, but is willing to vote for him to end the day... yuck.
 - announces intent to hammer if Cuzz hasn't posted in 10 minutes, but then doesn't vote (to be fair within that 10 minutes I had the post that started the shraeye quickwagon)... but still, people found mcmc scummy for a very similar thing, but jimmm hasn't received any flack for it and I think it is a scummier scenario and he continued to not hammer cuzz throughout that time to the end of day despite his declared intent...
  (that wasn't quick... but Jimmm posted a lot day1)

Day2

- gets very defensive very quick about the potential of him and galz being scum partners in regard to his interactions with galz and having a town read on him day1
 - claims that the killing of raerae was done to implicate jimmmm
 - this quote
Just a thought on Galz to put down: I think Galz was in a fairly difficult situation in this game. He didn't want to be suspected enough to be lynched, but he wanted to be suspected enough to avoid being nightkilled by the other scum team/SK. I think people expressing Town reads on him and expressing a desire to not lynch him, as well as his scumhunting reputation, contributed to him being nightkilled. So I think the correct play by Galz' partner/s would be to try to cast some suspicion on him - not enough to get him lynched, but enough to make him seem less Towny and thus less likely to be nightkilled. That's not necessarily what they did, but I think that would have been the right thing to do.
which is basically the exact opposite of what he did.... potentially trying to move looking at galz's partner in a direction that leads away from Jimmmm
 - another good quote about galz
Then he expressed his four lynch targets: me, Cuzz, shraeye and mcmc. The question I would ask is, how likely do you think it is that Galz would include a partner of his in that list? It seems like the thing often done by scum, but perhaps this is a different situation since with multiple scum teams, his team makes up a smaller percentage of the population. If he did include a partner in that list, that leaves me with shraeye and mcmc. If he didn't, then he probably named people who he actually thought were scummy. In which case we really have Galz' famous scumhunting at work, which might still count for something. And again, that leaves me with shraeye and mcmc. Given that I also suspected both of these on my own, the idea that there's at least one scum between them is looking more and more likely to me.
cuzz and shareye are dead... leaving Jimmm and mcmc. According to Jimmm's logic here we should be looking at those two. mcmc is semi-cleared (50%ish) from being Galz's partner... so that leaves Jimmm
 - votes shraeye partially because of the above, but also because of the cuzz lynch...
 - then switches to mcmc, but is back to shraeye after the Robz reveal
 - doesn't appear to be online during the eevee lynch... or during the final hours of the day.

Day3
 - thinks the case on Glooble has merit....
 - thinks robz/mcmc are either scum together or town together.
 - finds the most scummy (yuma, glooble, lio, themunch)

so there is quite a bit of stuff I find off about Jimmmm... a lot of it from Day1 because that is where most of his posts are. It is hard though... because he certainly has more posts than Glooble, so there are more opportunities for posts to seem scummy, so I will try to take that into account, but even then. There is day2 and day3 posts that I still find scummy. so to summarize.

1. lots of interaction with galz. especially defensively or pro-actively before suspicion is given. Trying to lead town in a direction to find scum that wouldn't implicate himself after Galz is NK... Town reads on Galz throughout day1 for really no reason.
2. the weird day1 claiming thing. Setting up a very obvious breadcrumb. I have often said before that town shouldn't need to breadcrumb and I think it isn't a very pro-town thing to do and is more of a scum trait than anything else. Scum thinks no one will believe their claim. Town can't believe it when no one believes their claim. so scum sets up the breadcrumb. Town is just incredulous when they are lynched
3. the eevee case was kinda weird, especially all the jokes in the middle. Joking isn't necessarily a scum trait, but I do wonder if Jimmm was trying not to push too hard? I don't know how good of a point this is, but I will include it for completeness' sake.
4. announcing intent to hammer Cuzz, but never does it (disclaimer: this can be explained by my "interruption" but still he never did hammer even when it became obvious that Cuzz was going to be lynched and not shraeye.
5. His post about Galz's four suspects I think has great potential. And I agree with his analysis. That Galz was likely to talk about one of his partners in that post... so that eliminates Cuzz and shraeye, leaving mcmc and Jimmm. I have already stated that mcmc isn't a great option for today... leaving Jimmm as the only one left from the foursome.
6. His increasing lurkiness as the game goes on. He has explained this as having a hard time doing rereads--yes they are hard, but I just did one in a relativly short amount of time and got a lot out of it--not having a lot of free time--this is valid, life is busy--had more to comment during the early game than now--I strongly question this, I mean there is sooooo much to talk about now, whereas day1 didn't have nearly as much--and that his former strong reads are dead--all of which were wrong, this sounds mean, but it is true... Scummy reads on Cuzz, shraeye, eevee, townie read on Galz... I dont' remember his read on raerae.
7. trying to paint robz/mcmc as certainly on the same team... I guess this isn't so much a reason for scumminess, but simply a disagreement on how to interpret the events...

So the question is do I think jimmm is scum? I think he very well could be. I would put him on the same level as glooble in terms of scuminess, maybe a little above and I will keep my vote on him.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

I'll respond to the Cuzz thing. By and large I had a Town read on Cuzz. But towards the end of day 1, I really didn't like the way he was responding to his imminent lynch. He very much seemed to be stalling, so I was trying to force him to say something useful. I announced intent to hammer if he didn't stop stalling. His hiding his reason for a Town read on me, and then it just being because Dsell had one seemed so weird that I was almost ready to hammer just for that, but then his explanation kind of made sense. So towards the end of the day I was trying to figure out if his scummy-seeming responses overruled my overall Town read on him. He just seemed so scummy then, but so Towny previously.

Obviously I was wrong about shraeye, and I was wrong early about Eevee. Although as you say I wasn't around for the Eevee lynch, and I can't really remember off the top of my head why he was lynched, but I do remember thinking I probably wouldn't have supported it. If it was based on "I'm so Towny I don't even have to try" and then lurking, well that kind of struck me as Town Eevee.

Also, I don't think I ever had a particular Town read on Galz (until after he died strangely enough, re-reading him on day 2 I had to keep reminding myself he was actually scum). I gave other reasons for not wanting to lynch him, which may or may not be a good thing to do in general.

The "this sounds mean, but is true" thing is mostly true, and I think is a big reason for my reduced contributions: I had a big scumread on Eevee, and that came to nothing (long before he was killed). I had a scumread on shraeye and he was Town. I had a scumread on mcmc, and now it seems he's likely Town. So yeah, I'm not too sure what to do next.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »

Also, I don't think I ever had a particular Town read on Galz (until after he died strangely enough, re-reading him on day 2 I had to keep reminding myself he was actually scum). I gave other reasons for not wanting to lynch him, which may or may not be a good thing to do in general.

There is this:

You know what I'm happy to give Galz a pass for today, for a couple of reasons:
I totally get that he's overloaded.
If he's Town, we want him alive.
If he's scum, word on the street is he's easy to catch out, so hopefully we should be able to do that on a later day.

Of course, his analysis is still appreciated.
and this:

Okay, off the top of my head, I'd like to lynch shraeye or mom salon. I would not like to lynch Dsell, Galz or theorel. Anyone else I would seriously consider any cases/wagons on them. This includes Cuzz, who as I said I'd like more of a response from.

Although you do say this later toward the end of day.

I don't find anyone on the Cuzz wagon particularly Towny. The best I've got would be close to null-reads on Galz, Glooble and lio.

So yes you don't have a "town-read" on Galz. But you do have a "will-not lynch" status on him. Which to me is essentially the same thing as a "town-read" because in both situations you weren't going to vote for him, which in a game of mafia is what actually maters.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 01, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

Are you arguing that you think I'm Galz' partner, or that I was wrong to say I wouldn't vote for him?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:07 pm »

Are you arguing that you think I'm Galz' partner, or that I was wrong to say I wouldn't vote for him?

Neither. I am arguing that you have potential to be Galz's partner. I think anyone we are going to lynch at this point should have a credible scum!partner relationship with Galz--because that is the most information we have to go off scumwise.

So what I am saying is that I could see you as Galz's partner voluntarily expressing an unwillingness to vote for him but at the same time having a "null-read" on him.

This, along with the above information in my larger post about you is why I am voting for you, especially your immediate defensive posture day2 in regard to Galz and your potential as a scumparnter of his.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 01, 2013, 06:39:50 pm »

Neither. I am arguing that you have potential to be Galz's partner. I think anyone we are going to lynch at this point should have a credible scum!partner relationship with Galz--because that is the most information we have to go off scumwise.

So what I am saying is that I could see you as Galz's partner voluntarily expressing an unwillingness to vote for him but at the same time having a "null-read" on him.

This, along with the above information in my larger post about you is why I am voting for you, especially your immediate defensive posture day2 in regard to Galz and your potential as a scumparnter of his.

I disagree that today's lynch has to be aimed at Galz's partner.  Why shouldn't we try for the other team?  Seems like you are deflecting from there.

I do think jimmmmm is a fair target, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »

I disagree that today's lynch has to be aimed at Galz's partner.  Why shouldn't we try for the other team?  Seems like you are deflecting from there.

I do think jimmmmm is a fair target, though.

We should certainly try for the other team. Do you have any leads that we can pursue? If you do let me know. I haven't heard any, so until then I am going to pursue the direction in which we do have a lead... Galz's team.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: February 01, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »

we haven't heard from theorel, mcmc, themunch or dsell in two days, about six for dsell. Can we get a prod for dsell He hasn't posted since the 26th.

I know it is the weekend now, but most everyone apparently decided to take their weekends early from the amount of participation we have had over the last few days.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 02, 2013, 01:07:00 am »

I am here! And I actually I am basically caught up, I just haven't had terribly much to say about the sparse goings on.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 02, 2013, 08:03:23 am »

Sorry, I've just been kind of following along without saying anything.  I don't think Jimmmmm is a good lynch for today.  I'd prefer Glooble, liopoil, Robz, or ashersky.  After the rereadings, etc, I've done today those are my top-4, in about that order...Glooble-liopoil are about even, so I couldn't say which I actually preferred.  Honestly I'd almost be willing to lynch Dsell, but I don't think I'm there yet.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 02, 2013, 10:20:07 am »

The Pah-Wraith cultists have only gotten more out of control since they sacrificed Major Kira. They're already talking about more sacrifices, up to and including using the thrusters to throw the station into the wormhole, which doesn't even really make any sense.

Vote Count 3.4

ashersky (1): Glooble
Glooble (L-3): ashersky, theorel, mcmcsalot
Robz888 (2): TheMunch, liopoil
jimmmmm (1): yuma

Not Voting (3): Robz888, Dsell, Jimmmmm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is February 8th at noon, forum time.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:02 am »

I haven't been saying much because there isn't much for me to say. I guess I can comment that your case on Jimm makes some sense, but it just doesn't feel like a home run, mainly because one persons opinion on as much stuff as you brought up makes a person look scummy simply because you find them scummy. So I don't necessarily support cases that are driven entirely by one person.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 02, 2013, 11:30:46 am »

I am here! And I actually I am basically caught up, I just haven't had terribly much to say about the sparse goings on.

this is hard to believe... There is plenty to talk about since your last post... Here are some examples... (the text in the quote is my quick summary of that post, click the link to actually read the whole thing)

Theorel's case on lio
possibility of Robz and mcmc being scum!buddies
possibility of Robz being scum, but mcmc town
themunch's vote and case on Robz
Glooble's response to my case
theorel's wagon analysis that led to a glooble vote
my case and vote on Jimmmm

That is just a sampling.... And you still haven't voted, or even been close to voting all game long!

I am not saying you need to respond to all of the above, but a post or two in response from you would have been nice. But to say that there is nothing to respond to is bunk! 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:01 am »

I haven't been saying much because there isn't much for me to say. I guess I can comment that your case on Jimm makes some sense, but it just doesn't feel like a home run, mainly because one persons opinion on as much stuff as you brought up makes a person look scummy simply because you find them scummy. So I don't necessarily support cases that are driven entirely by one person.

Yes and that is why I want to hear from other people. Not enough people have responded yay or nay to my Jimmmm case. Some have just completely ignored it (Dsell cough, cough) for me to get an idea if it really is one worth pursuing or not. I think it is, but like you said, I just have one player's opinion.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 02, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »

I'm not hugely persuaded that Jimm is a good lynch. You think he's underposting, yuma? It doesn't seem like it to me. I think he's had plenty of substance to say. Yes, I could see him as Galzria's partner. I could really see anyone as Galz's partner, though (except Mcmc, who took no action when I would expect him to if he was Galz's partner).

Here's my ordering. it's based almost entirely on how much I think people are contributing:

Liopoil, Glooble, Dsell, Munch, Jimm, theorel, ashersky, yuma, mcmc

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 02, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »

Those first three on my list just have been the most silent, from day 1 and on. And like I can't even imagine that we don't have any lurking scum. You know we haven't killed any lurkers yet, maybe that's why we haven't hit scum? But beyond the lurking, they just don't have much original thought to offer. I see liopoil sheeping A LOT, for instance. Glooble, we are used to this from him, but he has done this as scum. And Dsell... well, there's still that day 1 thing, so I'm way more in favor of lynching the other two. Maybe his semi-obvtown status has made him act like this? I don't know.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 02, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »

Vote: Liopoil for now, but I am very willing to go with Glooble if that's preferred. I urge the Glooble voters to give liopoil another look, though.

I should really give EVERYBODY another look, but I won't have time yet for a few days. Apologies for being really busy IRL.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.