Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 338318 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2200 on: September 25, 2014, 12:02:46 am »

Ash, could you just, like, vote me, or claim you're really a Mafia Rolecop, or argue we should prime & ignite Robz or something? You being reasonable is creeping me out.

Or self-vote.  I'm guessing that's like a toasty blanket out of the dryer on a cold winter morning for you.

With a cup of hot chocolate full of slightly-melted marshmallows.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 25, 2014, 12:07:43 am »

Silver reread:

#352: Checks in, didn't have internet before

#357: Setup talk, claims house and flavor, says:
The WW slip is kind of... unfortunate. Or well, it's fortunate for our chances, but it bothers me because it's an unfair advantage. I know for sure that it would bother me A LOT if i was scum. but well, mistakes happen. We should still use it. And there is an obvious opportunity for that:
Talks about me moving to Baratheon to have an IC control it.  Notably, he has immediately accepted I'm an IC.  Also says:
random question: can mafia talk during the day aswell? I always thought they could, but according to a sample pm from another setup, they can't. but I also recall talking about "directed" play, which is only possible if they can.

#360: Discusses Ash/Pacovf.  Misunderstands one of the points but is careful not to use it to call Pacovf scummy.

#365, #366, #357: Talks about quoting QT's

#397: Flavor talk

#398: Pushes Ash to make a more detailed case against Pac.

#404: Flavor talk

#419: Questions houseless theory

#422: Town read on Teproc

#426: Repeat of #419

#441: Questions me on Ash

#455: General Mafia theory

#457: Finds Ash's play inspiring (interesting, I said something much the same when I was Ash's partner in my first scum game)

#463: Funny graph

#501: Responds to Teproc but I don't feel like tracking down the full conversation.. more on general Mafia theory I think

#502: Clarifies Lannister condition

#504: Wants a summary of who is in what house and powers

#506: Makes said summary

#507, 508: About the summary

#536: First post that can be considered a read, I think:
well, everyone seems to shrug ash's suspicions off as nonsense. I'm not so sure about it, but I'm also not strongly pro P lynch, so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't really get the Hydrad case. he strikes me as pretty innocent

#537: Says he hasn't posted in Lannister QT

#542: Responds to Pacovf when asked who he wants to lynch:
don't really have a strong target yet. I'll probably do some rereads, but we're not really in a rush. 4 days left to the deadline.

#581: Talks about setup, votes EgorK:
About the lynch - we could do Egork. that's not the worst thing in the world. The problem is though, he also lurks as town. If anything, he's probably more active as scum. But still, you can't let lurkers lurk forever

I'll vote:Egork for now. But if anyone presents a strong case (or if I pick something up on a reread), i'll switch.

#588: Says he's voting EgorK to get him to post more

#593: More theory talk

#597: Talks about voting, explaining more about voting EgorK I think

#601: More theory talk

#607: Says:
No, I never said it was. I said it's the point of the vote. My top priority is to appear towny. My strategy for that is, write what I think, always answer quickly to questions, don't think too long between conversations. As long as I don't have anything to cover up, it seems the best to just play honest and spontanious.

I think Egork is an alright lynch, but not a very good one. So that's what I wrote.

#611, #613, #614, #620, #623: More on theory

#626: Theory, says we don't know how many scum are in this game

#628: More theory

#638: House overview post

#639, #646: More theory

#648: Some small response, I think to the theory discussions

#652, #657, #662, #671: Theory,

#673: Corrects typos

#689, #695, #702, #711: Theory

#723: Asks someone to add some quotes for whatever they were saying.  Hard to trace everything because Silver doesn't leave the link and author in his quotes

#727: Questions someone saying some case is not bad

#767: A somewhat flippant remark about both Ash and Pac being town:
nice, then we can play 6/3 at the start of day 3. good plan.
Note that at this point, Silver seems to only have town reads, excepting the EgorK thing.

#772: Explains #767.  Note that here and there he's assuming three scum where it was unknown before.

#776: Claims his town read on Pac is not that strong

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I'm taking a break.  Still quite a bit to go.

PPE: 6, did not read.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 25, 2014, 12:08:45 am »

Oh, when I said "theory" up there, it meant setup discussion, strategy, etc.  Or theory on how to play mafia.. I probably should have used "setup" instead for most cases.. talk about us changing house, powers, claims, etc.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 25, 2014, 12:10:08 am »

by the way guys, i slipped town with my second post day 1. i noticed this during the night when I was doing some rereads, but didn't mention it for obvious reasons. now i might aswell.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11681.msg418640#msg418640

You have to realize, from our perspective, that's just the same as "hey guys, I constructed a town slip for you way back in the beginning".

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 25, 2014, 12:42:58 am »

Ash, could you just, like, vote me, or claim you're really a Mafia Rolecop, or argue we should prime & ignite Robz or something? You being reasonable is creeping me out.

+1
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: September 25, 2014, 12:43:22 am »

I do really think Silverspawn is not the right lynch right now, and likely to be town. Way more likely than Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 25, 2014, 12:46:50 am »

I do really think Silverspawn is not the right lynch right now, and likely to be town. Way more likely than Hydrad.

Is that a gut read?

I think since his claim, he's just been scummier than anyone else in the game.  Reactions, appeals to emotion, hail mary defenses.  Just not a good place.

Whomever isn't lynched is at a large risk of being investigated by someone, so we're in good shape either way, but I really think our best chance of lynching scum today is Silver (or pacovf, but he's not in the pool today).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 25, 2014, 12:49:44 am »

Is that a gut read?

I think since his claim, he's just been scummier than anyone else in the game.  Reactions, appeals to emotion, hail mary defenses.  Just not a good place.

Whomever isn't lynched is at a large risk of being investigated by someone, so we're in good shape either way, but I really think our best chance of lynching scum today is Silver (or pacovf, but he's not in the pool today).
I do find it interesting that he seemed to have given up on not being lynched today--but later continued to defend himself (with his "town slip" and such. That makes me feel scummier about him.

So we are waiting to lynch until egorK shows up and agrees to Volt's plan though right?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 25, 2014, 12:54:34 am »

Is that a gut read?

Right. I mean I'm not like 100% on this, and we are pretty good either way. But this looks like town flailing to me. Not exactly gut, and I've never actually seen scum Silverspawn yet, but this doesn't scream scum to me, I guess.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 25, 2014, 12:56:36 am »

Right. I mean I'm not like 100% on this, and we are pretty good either way. But this looks like town flailing to me. Not exactly gut, and I've never actually seen scum Silverspawn yet, but this doesn't scream scum to me, I guess.

I can see your point, but the funny thing is, to me it looks like badly faked town flailing.

Like, imagine a person flailing their arms around like a wildman, or one of those balloon dudes that call your attention to used car lots.  Now imagine Jerry Seinfeld impersonating that balloon dude with his usual lack of enthusiasm and a straight face.  Just like "Weeee.  Weeee.  Look at my arms flail.  Weeee."  Really deadpan and funny.  And fake.

That's how I imagine Silver's currently flailing to be.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: September 25, 2014, 12:59:51 am »

PM for move sent, not confirmed yet

Also please consider timezones if younthink I am still lurking

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 25, 2014, 01:23:41 am »

I have also just sent a PM going to house stark.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 25, 2014, 02:32:05 am »

Also I'm just going to be honest here. I think my views on silver are slightly skewed because at this point its looking like its me vs him. Because at this point hes looking pretty scummy to me but I can't tell if thats because I need him lynched to live or because hes actually scummy.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 25, 2014, 02:45:03 am »

Also I'm just going to be honest here. I think my views on silver are slightly skewed because at this point its looking like its me vs him. Because at this point hes looking pretty scummy to me but I can't tell if thats because I need him lynched to live or because hes actually scummy.

That you point this out and have yet to vote for him is...interesting.  Afraid to bus a partner with the game in such a sorry state for you?  Or just being thoughtful?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 25, 2014, 02:47:03 am »

oh I thought I was voting him already. I'm going to go back and check

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 25, 2014, 02:48:57 am »

Ok Vote: silver This also brings him to L-1.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 25, 2014, 02:52:14 am »

also you think me and SS are partners? I feel like there is a really low chance of that.

One more thing for you to consider. Is it better for town if whoever lives of either me or SS that you target someone else with your cop? Because i'm just not sure whats best for town here. If you target me you get to find out who is scum and then we have to lynch someone randomly again. If you target someone else you either find they are scum or lynch me? I guess they are almost the same for you guys but for me we have a better shot of actually winning the game if you target someone else I think. maybe my logic is flawed though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 25, 2014, 02:54:33 am »

also you think me and SS are partners? I feel like there is a really low chance of that.

One more thing for you to consider. Is it better for town if whoever lives of either me or SS that you target someone else with your cop? Because i'm just not sure whats best for town here. If you target me you get to find out who is scum and then we have to lynch someone randomly again. If you target someone else you either find they are scum or lynch me? I guess they are almost the same for you guys but for me we have a better shot of actually winning the game if you target someone else I think. maybe my logic is flawed though.

Wow rereading this I don't think anyones going to understand what I mean.

basically if you target me you get a IC but we still have to find scum. If you target someone else you have a chance of actually finding scum with that cop shot instead of just making me a IC.

hopefully that makes more sense.

Also I realize that if asher targets someone who is town and its not me that I'm probably getting lynched. I'm ok with that because we will still have a IC at the end of the day.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 25, 2014, 03:24:29 am »

This is called reverse psychologically soft claiming godfather.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 25, 2014, 03:26:38 am »

This is called reverse psychologically soft claiming godfather.

uh ok? basically I just wanted to say I think the best play here is you copping someone else and if they are town lynch me. I don't think thats a godfather claim?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: September 25, 2014, 03:40:58 am »

Vote: Hydrad

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:54 am »

Vote: Hydrad

Ya i really need to just stop talking sometimes I think.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2222 on: September 25, 2014, 04:46:07 am »

The more silver talks, the more I like his lynch.

I'm fine with both silver and Hydrad. The silver lynch does have the advantage of giving us an actual IC if he's mislynched, worth noting.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 25, 2014, 04:51:24 am »

I do find it interesting that he seemed to have given up on not being lynched today-
i feel i owe it to the game when I sign up to at least try

that said, i'm still not very upset about my lynch anymore. for some reason the fact that I have given up seems to convince people that im scum. i have no idea why, but it seems like my chances aren't growing. if it was purely up to me, I would just self hammer, but I'm not gonna do that. I'll try at least, maybe someone is changing his mind.

oh yea and i've also requested to be moved.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 25, 2014, 05:13:31 am »

-How did the discussion to make Voltaire Hand of the King go? This one really confuses me.

I can answer this one.

Basically we all got into the QT and I said something pretty similar to this

"uh... so I know that people decided to not use our power. But personally I would be ok with Volt using the power if everyone else agrees"

Volt a bit later kinda states the same thing saying hes ok with someone using that hand of the king power.

azadin Votes himself while he thinks about it not realizing votes are final. Then both me and SS vote Volt and he gets the power.

You must realize that this doesn't look too good for you, given the fact that both you and silverspawn are currently the top scumreads, right?

Why?

If all scum is in Baratheon, they absolutely want someone to get primed.

Basically there were all sort of alarms ringing in my head when you said that you got elected Hand of the King in Baratheon, because Baratheon's power seems so easily abusable by scum, and because most people were vocally against using it, and advocated for everyone to self-vote, to be sure that nobody got to use it. Of course, I calmed down when you claim investigative role, because then it makes sense for you to want to be strongman.
But, the people voting for you still didn't know that you had an investigative role, so they decided to give you the arsonist power despite the general consensus. A simple explanation is that all scum is in Baratheon, since they are guaranteed a mis-vig (is that a term) if you prime someone.

So, Hydrad being the first to give the idea of making Voltaire Hand of the King, and silverspawn agreeing with it, doesn't look too good for them. Of course, it fits with their professed narrative of believing that Baratheon gives "a chance to fight scum for town", as they both stated during D1, but I didn't like that narrative then, and I still don't like it now.

This is not the only reason I would be willing to vote either, since interactions with PPS alone are pretty damning, but it's not something that looks good anyway.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.