Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 174456 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 4 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #2075 on: November 04, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »

The most convincing thing for Eevee---that there was no kill the night he was Jailkept---isn't as convincing as it seemed to be.  Because whether Eevee or Faust is Mafia, the explanation for the lack of SK kill is the same.  The only difference is:

1) If Eevee is Mafia, Jailkeeping prevented kill.
2) If Faust is Mafia, Faust shot SK!Ash or Eevee.  First being most likely.

Is the second scenario much less believable than the first?  I'm not too convinced.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 04, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »

Just finished Ichi's D1.  All there was in regards to interactions that I noticed (with folks still alive) is buddying Eevee.  A few posts explicitly saying he "agreed" with him.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 04, 2014, 04:26:09 pm »

I keep coming back to actions versus words.

Faust gained a lot of scumminess in my eyes because of his vehement opposition to the Ichi lynch.  But, well, that could be a really bad read, and it seems over the top for a partner move.  I think bussing there is much more likely.  Other than that, and the fact that he was arguing against me (which always add scumminess to people, for everyone, no matter what you say), I don't have an argument to make him scummier than Eevee.

In the end, if I still believe WW is town, he's scum anyway.  But I think today we need to lynch the one whom we are most sure of.

I'm going to Ctrl-F Ichi's posts and see what I get from it.

Also in regards to Faust treating Ichi, Faust developed a strong town read on Ichi after the whole he almost got lynched thing, and maintained it after Ichi's claim.  It looks like Faust might have figured out that Ichi was the traitor.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 04, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

Just finished Ichi's D1.  All there was in regards to interactions that I noticed (with folks still alive) is buddying Eevee.  A few posts explicitly saying he "agreed" with him.

Would you do that to your partner when they don't know you?  He almost ignored Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 04, 2014, 04:33:06 pm »

The most convincing thing for Eevee---that there was no kill the night he was Jailkept---isn't as convincing as it seemed to be.  Because whether Eevee or Faust is Mafia, the explanation for the lack of SK kill is the same.  The only difference is:

Is the second scenario much less believable than the first?  I'm not too convinced.

I actually think the most convincing thing for Eevee is the end of Day 2, when Hydrad was lynched.  Reread those pages.

As for why there were zero kills on N2, we're missing two kills no matter what.  One Goon was dead, the traitor can't kill, so there is exactly one mafia who can kill.  And then there's an SK.  Eevee being jailkept is the most plausible reason for one kill being missing.  I think you are looking at the lack of a second kill and seeing how that might clear Eevee.  I just don't see it.

If Eevee is mafia, he couldn't kill.  If Eevee is SK, he couldn't kill.  What happened to the other kill, whether it was Eevee was shot or Jimmmmm commuted or the SK didn't shoot and used a power or whatever I don't think takes away from the argument against Eevee here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see that night specifically.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 04, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

Would you do that to your partner when they don't know you?  He almost ignored Hydrad.

Maybe?  I don't know what I'd do as a traitor there.  When I was mafia in RMM5, we had an unknown traitor in the setup who I think knew us.  Yuma got himself killed for us late in the game and we won.

Maybe I'd look at how to help my partners?  I don't know.  You might want to signal your existence somehow?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 04, 2014, 04:39:46 pm »

I actually think the most convincing thing for Eevee is the end of Day 2, when Hydrad was lynched.  Reread those pages.

As for why there were zero kills on N2, we're missing two kills no matter what.  One Goon was dead, the traitor can't kill, so there is exactly one mafia who can kill.  And then there's an SK.  Eevee being jailkept is the most plausible reason for one kill being missing.  I think you are looking at the lack of a second kill and seeing how that might clear Eevee.  I just don't see it.

If Eevee is mafia, he couldn't kill.  If Eevee is SK, he couldn't kill.  What happened to the other kill, whether it was Eevee was shot or Jimmmmm commuted or the SK didn't shoot and used a power or whatever I don't think takes away from the argument against Eevee here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see that night specifically.

Um.. my point was.. I was thinking: Occam's Razor implies that the simplest explanation is best, but even Eevee being Mafia requires the same kind of complicated scenarios that him not being Mafia requries.  So it's not really applicable.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 2 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #2082 on: November 04, 2014, 04:44:35 pm »

Yeah, I dunno:

Has anyone but me even reread Hydrad? He has been reasonably active (we've all been very active except for Jimm and maybe ash), and his posts are rich on content. The "scummy things" are just Hydrad things, unless you have something specific it's just the scummy vibe everyone in the world ever always gets from him for whatever reason.

This is a really ballsy thing to do to your partner.  The problem is it's, like, really convincing as misguided town.  Because Hydrad is always scummy, like, all the time. 

And, well, "his posts are rich on content" is basically just not true.  That makes it a little more likely for Eevee to just be incorrect about this.. as scum you'd want your arguments to be better.

But, maybe Eevee was grasping.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 04, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

AFK 3 mins.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 04, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

I guess here finding the remaining mafia has to be easier when looking at Hydrad than when looking at Ichi.  The remaining mafia and hydrad knew each other and talked to each other.  There's got to be more there.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 04, 2014, 04:45:27 pm »

15 minutes
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 04, 2014, 04:47:37 pm »

Yeah, I dunno:

Has anyone but me even reread Hydrad? He has been reasonably active (we've all been very active except for Jimm and maybe ash), and his posts are rich on content. The "scummy things" are just Hydrad things, unless you have something specific it's just the scummy vibe everyone in the world ever always gets from him for whatever reason.

This is a really ballsy thing to do to your partner.  The problem is it's, like, really convincing as misguided town.  Because Hydrad is always scummy, like, all the time. 

And, well, "his posts are rich on content" is basically just not true.  That makes it a little more likely for Eevee to just be incorrect about this.. as scum you'd want your arguments to be better.

You could make that argument about faust's defense of Ichi.  It's either really scummy or really misguided town.

The difference is that Hydrad had a partner who knew him and they hadn't lost anyone yet.  Ichi may or may not have been known to be the traitor, right?  Until he was lynched the setup wasn't known for sure.  So faust would have been defending a partner he wasn't positive about.

What did faust do during the hydrad lynch?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 04, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »

Yeah, I dunno:

You could make that argument about faust's defense of Ichi.  It's either really scummy or really misguided town.

The difference is that Hydrad had a partner who knew him and they hadn't lost anyone yet.  Ichi may or may not have been known to be the traitor, right?  Until he was lynched the setup wasn't known for sure.  So faust would have been defending a partner he wasn't positive about.

What did faust do during the hydrad lynch?

After Ichi claimed, Hydrad wagon started up and Faust moved his vote from Silverspawn to Jimmmmm.  He was, I think, mostly absent up through the lynch.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 04, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »

Crap, I have to choose. Leaning Eevee.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 04, 2014, 04:56:08 pm »

Vote: Eevee

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 04, 2014, 04:57:05 pm »

Thread Locked!
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Night 3 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #2091 on: November 04, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

Final Vote Count

Eevee (3): faust, ashersky, Jimmmmm
faust (1): Eevee

Not Voting (1): witherweaver

Eevee has been lynched!  He was Lukas, a Vanilla Townie

Please submit all night actions.  I will resume the game once I have processed all night actions or in 48 hours.  Whichever happens first.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 04, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »

(unless anyone objects and wishes the game to reopen in 48 hours as per the rules)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Night 3 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #2093 on: November 04, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »

It was a restless night for everyone. Each person knew what they were up against.  They each knew the odds were stacked against them.  They all gathered in the same room and conferred together.  "two of us are stronger than any one of us on our own, so you everyone better behave and not do anything naughty!"  Everyone silently nodded, knowing that they were just moments from reaching the goal.  They stared into each others eyes as they each backed into a corner of the room.  Faust began, "you know, I really think the three of us should gang up on........" and then he was gone.  The three people remaining stared at the trapdoor that had opened into an endless chasm beneath him.  "I saw you twitch and open the trapdoor" one of them shouted at another.  "No it was you" protested the third.  A decision had to be made.

Faust has been killed!  He was Senator Thurman, a mafia goon.

Thread Unlocked!

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (3): ashersky, witherweaver, Jimmmmm

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. The deadline for Day 5 will be Friday, November 14, at 5:00 PM forum time. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Night 4 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #2094 on: November 04, 2014, 06:19:01 pm »

Alright

Vote: Asherksy

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 04, 2014, 06:19:15 pm »

Or

Vote: Ashersky

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 04, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »

Really surprised we didn't lose.  I wish I would have insisted on the Faust lynch, but I guess we lucked out.

Jimmmm... not sure what your thoughts are.  I suppose the most damning thing against Ash was that he was Jailkept Night 1 and there was only one kill.  And I've kind of thought he was the SK all along, if not Eevee.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 04, 2014, 06:31:27 pm »

Well that... okay.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 04, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »

I'd like to point out I've been on zero mislynches this game and 2 scum lynches. 

I don't remember who I was voting for Day 1.. maybe Eevee still. 

And I called Ichi/Faust back on Day 3 :)

This isn't said to convince that I'm not SK (I'm not), I just feel that I had good reads this game and I'm bragging :)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:12 pm »

Lynch Ash lynch Ash!

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 16 queries.