Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21  All

Author Topic: ZMXI: The Fool on the Hill - TOWN WINS - PM for Spec QT.  (Read 43569 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: ZMXI: The Fool on the Hill (Day 1) - PM for Spec QT.
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:20 am »

And I really am not really joking right now, I think it's the most likely thing at the moment, although later that probably will change.
What on earth are you basing this on? Munch seems like himself, Galzria hasn't done anything (or is that the case, posting without contributing.. one hour after the game started?), I don't know. Not trying to call the dogs on you though, bold play like this is usually town I think. I've never been good at reading Axxle though.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:43 am »

Calling it right now:  Both Witches are investigative proof, Both fools are Vigs.

What are the odds of that happening?

My logic is this:  Witches got to discuss their roles and they could both pick the same role.  They are choosing between bulletproof and investigative proof.  The only thing that bulletproof saves witches from is getting shot by a Vig, and this is the only thing that could stop a vig shot by going through.  Thus, for bulletproof witches, Vig is just as good as a cop at catching scum.  So Investigative proof is better than bulletproof.

Given the assumption that Investigative proof is better than bulletproof, there is no reason for the fools to choose cop, so they choose vig (unless they know better than me how to use neighborizer as an investigative role, which is very possible.  I just dont konw how to use neighborizer I guess?).

I mean I dont KNOW thats whats actually going on wrt roles, but it makes sense to me that it could work out this way rather easily.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

Calling it right now:  Both Witches are investigative proof, Both fools are Vigs.

My logic is this:  Witches got to discuss their roles and they could both pick the same role.  They are choosing between bulletproof and investigative proof.  The only thing that bulletproof saves witches from is getting shot by a Vig, and this is the only thing that could stop a vig shot by going through.  Thus, for bulletproof witches, Vig is just as good as a cop at catching scum.  So Investigative proof is better than bulletproof.

Given the assumption that Investigative proof is better than bulletproof, there is no reason for the fools to choose cop, so they choose vig (unless they know better than me how to use neighborizer as an investigative role, which is very possible.  I just dont konw how to use neighborizer I guess?).

I mean I dont KNOW thats whats actually going on wrt roles, but it makes sense to me that it could work out this way rather easily.

But then you can go all wine on it and say that the Witches know that both Fools will choose Vig, and so take bulletproof to be immune to that.

On the other hand, if a Vig shoots someone and they don't die, the vig can roleclaim knowing they shot at a Witch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:46 am »

Ooh, this makes sense. Seems highly possibly indeed. Don't know how that's going to be useful for us though?

I'm off to bed, back tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have to make a long catch up post!

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:46 am »

And I really am not really joking right now, I think it's the most likely thing at the moment, although later that probably will change.

This feels like words to take up space. "I think this thing now that I probably won't think later"? What's the purpose of that? If you have a reason, that's good, but you should share it with the town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

But then you can go all wine on it and say that the Witches know that both Fools will choose Vig, and so take bulletproof to be immune to that.

On the other hand, if a Vig shoots someone and they don't die, the vig can roleclaim knowing they shot at a Witch.

That's exactly his point, which I completely agree with. Because if a Vig shoots and BP Witch, it's as good as taking Cop and finding scum. So there would never be any reason for a PR to take Cop.

From the scum perspective, I slightly disagree with Munch. I think they would take BP, since they would know that it makes little sense for the PR's to choose cop. And even if the PR's DO choose Cop, the result is essentially the same. They're caught if shot, and they're caught if investigated. Being BP however, means that they don't die straight out if shot, so they at least get the chance to argue their case or claim the PR is lying scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »

That's exactly his point, which I completely agree with. Because if a Vig shoots and BP Witch, it's as good as taking Cop and finding scum. So there would never be any reason for a PR to take Cop.

From the scum perspective, I slightly disagree with Munch. I think they would take BP, since they would know that it makes little sense for the PR's to choose cop. And even if the PR's DO choose Cop, the result is essentially the same. They're caught if shot, and they're caught if investigated. Being BP however, means that they don't die straight out if shot, so they at least get the chance to argue their case or claim the PR is lying scum.

Addendum:

The only reason a PR would take Cop over Vig, is if they weren't confident in their ability to find scum, and would rather find and confirm a town player then worry about killing a town player. In this case, it's a guess for the scum as to if they want to risk being killed by a Vig, or cleared by a Cop (Cops get a "town" result on an investigative immune scum, right? Not "No Result", which would essentially be "scum"?).

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:36 pm »

B) Investigate Proof - Any attempt to investigate you will return village aligned.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:50 pm »

What on earth are you basing this on? Munch seems like himself, Galzria hasn't done anything (or is that the case, posting without contributing.. one hour after the game started?), I don't know. Not trying to call the dogs on you though, bold play like this is usually town I think. I've never been good at reading Axxle though.
Galz not doing anything except setup speculation still really sets off alarm bells.  Munch overreacting to one other vote on Galz seems scumbuddyish.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »

B) Investigate Proof - Any attempt to investigate you will return village aligned.

Yeah, exactly.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2013, 12:06:48 pm »

Galz not doing anything except setup speculation still really sets off alarm bells.  Munch overreacting to one other vote on Galz seems scumbuddyish.

:eyeroll:

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »

Too much setup talk, not enough scumhunting.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »

Robz, Archetype, Jimmmmm are the losers who can't be bothered to play in the first hour of a new mafia game. :P

I wouldn't have the gumption to pay out the first vote of the game, as scum, on the only other scum. Even if your buddy gets the rope, you don't get any town points because your vote was random anyways.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:30 pm »

There were 2 more votes I believe.  I was not comfortable with rvs l-2 for no reason when I just did it as a joke.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:05 pm »

Robz, Archetype, Jimmmmm are the losers who can't be bothered to play in the first hour of a new mafia game. :P

I wouldn't have the gumption to pay out the first vote of the game, as scum, on the only other scum. Even if your buddy gets the rope, you don't get any town points because your vote was random anyways.
But then you get people like you who just gave him town cred...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:26 pm »

There were 2 more votes I believe.  I was not comfortable with rvs l-2 for no reason when I just did it as a joke.
I voted for him twice.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »

I voted for him twice.

Then my bad.  I would rather quickly unvote and be wrong than have there be any accidents.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:08 pm »

Well, if he is scum, he's a much stronger player than I am.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:52 pm »

What's your opinion on me?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:12 pm »

You're a big meaniehead who voted for me. :P

I feel like you're throwing around accusations to see what sticks, and nothing's really stuck so far. But at least you're talking.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »

I was actually thinking about this as I was typing stuff up.  If both cop and vig both end up working like cops, then they can force mislynches.  Also they can ensure that if they die, it has to happen during the day which might be important later in the game.  I'm now not so sure.  I guess we'll know more as things actually happen.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 12:16:29 pm »

Well, if he is scum, he's a much stronger player than I am.

Awwww.  Gee thanks.

That being said I dont think I should get any town cred for an RVS vote on Galz who may or may not be my scum buddy for a nothing reason that Axxle said.  That is way too far down the rabbit hole.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »

Scum read on Axxle.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »

Why does it matter what the Witches and the PRs *should* have taken? All that matters is what they *did* take.

Scum read on Axxle.

Why?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2013, 12:39:40 pm »

Why does it matter what the Witches and the PRs *should* have taken? All that matters is what they *did* take.

Scum read on Axxle.

Why?

You just keep talking and I'll let you know if it changes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.