Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20  All

Author Topic: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 47240 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Day 1 underway)
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »

Alright so this game is crawling and I don't know why. FoS Everyone but Robz.

Eevee what made shraeye jump in suspicion?

Galz what do you make of Eevee changing to shraeye after I asked a question of shraeye

Grujah whats your take on everyone.

I don't find Shraeye to be at all suspicious on grounds of disagreeing with me.

More directly to your question though, I don't know. Scum!Eevee has been seen so rarely, that it's hard to tell when he appears. Does he OMGUS? He gave me very... safe, vibes earlier, like he was trying not to be to vocally prominent. It's part of what stood out to me. It also felt a little like he was... ?trying to please? - I don't know if that's right. It's hard to put my finger on.

And honestly, I've an aversion to going after Eevee in games like this because he's always town. And while I rarely mislynch him, I often find myself suspecting him, and being wrong. Still, for him always being town, this just doesn't feel like normal every-game Eevee.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »

Here we go:

1 - raerae - to me seems like a lot of IIoA (information instead of analayis). His post about claim vs non-claim reminds me of some of Jimmmmm's post in Major Arcana which I attacked him about, but then let it go, and he turned out to be scum. Esp. cuz he was confronted to explain it beforehand. Scummy read.
2 - Shraeye - Seems town TBH, someone going against Galz's methods - I don't see that as a scum move, but concerned town move. Towny read.
3 - Robz888 - When I post in a confusing manner, please do feel free to correct me; I'd actually appreciate that. He is BFF, but I want him involved way more.
4 - Eevee - I hate playing against him cause there was only 2 times D1 where I actually could read him. Ugh. No read.
5 - Insomniac - You are BFF, and I think you are running the town fine.
6 - Grujah - Hi.
7 - Galzria - Hm, town read, no idea why. Maybe other games are affecting this one.
8 - mcmcsalot - hmm.. mostly fine, but reminds me about my defensive-ness when I'm scum. Slight scum read? Not sure.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2013, 04:18:29 pm »

Eevee go next?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »

Here we go:

1 - raerae - to me seems like a lot of IIoA (information instead of analayis). His post about claim vs non-claim reminds me of some of Jimmmmm's post in Major Arcana which I attacked him about, but then let it go, and he turned out to be scum. Esp. cuz he was confronted to explain it beforehand. Scummy read.

Maybe I wwant to explain this further to a newbie:

It seems to me that you are just talking stuff that actually doesn't help anybody as you do not give concrete opinions or conclusions about people/game, rather just repeat some info that we know.

Especially struck me in claim vs non-claim thing, where you didn't really take a stance but .. well, hedge'd (was wishy-washy).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2013, 04:48:06 pm »

why is this dead?
FoS online players (Fuzzy (that's Eevee), Ins, Galz, mcmcrobz)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »

Ugh quite upset with IC robz for not being around to help give trustworthy advice. My slight scum feeling toward galz and grujah from the begging are now completely gone, i guess new top scumread rareye simply because shes not been around much.

Also insom im interested in your top scum and top town
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2013, 05:01:45 pm »

Ugh quite upset with IC robz for not being around to help give trustworthy advice. My slight scum feeling toward galz and grujah from the begging are now completely gone, i guess new top scumread rareye simply because shes not been around much.

Also insom im interested in your top scum and top town

Me too but I like to keep them under wraps as IC until later in the day
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

Okay, there are two people I now am thinking are town. Which is good; I can rule those people out as lynch targets if they continue to persuade me of their towniness. I'm not sure if there is a point to me saying who they are yet.

Galzria: Do you know who these two people are?
Eevee: Do you know who these two people are?

I don't think anyone else knows me well enough to venture intelligent guesses.

Raerae: You know shraeye IRL. Do you think he's acting odd?

Those are all the homework assignments for now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2013, 05:08:59 pm »

i thought I said this already, I'm drinking with friends and can only check in so often. I really shouldnt even read at all but just cant keep away :/

shraeye seemed overly offensive and also picking on things
that werent really there. again, nothing big at all.

PPE 3 I'll read after the game of fifa is finished, getting ugly looks now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »

@Robz,

Offhand? I would love to guess that I was one of them, but you always find me scummy, so I won't even hold out hope.

Honestly then? Probably Shraeye... and probably Grujah. I think the "lots of posts" Grujah is a massive town!Grujah meta until proven to be otherwise, and Shraeye... I don't know. Like I said, I don't find him scummy myself just for disagreeing with me (Disagreement =/= scum, or if you prefer, "Lynch Mafia, not scum").

However, instead of Shraeye, you may also see Eevee as townie, if for no other reason than I know that you always do. :) But for the purposes of this exercise, I'll say Grujah/Shraeye.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:42 pm »

I'll wait to see how Eevee did before I give you your score.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »

Mod is back and caught up on the thread. I know that there have been no votes, but I want to issue a gentle reminder about rule #4 under "Voting", which reads (red text is newly added):

4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.

The part in red is the part that I'd like everyone to remain conscious of.  I have seen Robz's brother referred to as mcmcRobz (which is potentially ambiguous), and I've seen some interesting spellings of Shraeye and raerae.  You guys are welcome to refer to each other with any nomenclature you see fit, but please try to avoid leaving any doubt in the (alleged) minds  :o of the mods when you begin casting actual votes.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2013, 06:27:25 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Not voting: raerae, Shraeye, Robz888, Eevee, Insomniac, Grujah, Galzria, and mcmcsalot

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is tomorrow, Thursday, Jan 3 at 1200 (aka Noon) forum time.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »

Home now and getting caught up.  Will probably post a bunch of little posts instead of one big old doozy.  First, I know cayvie is cool with being referred to as either he or she but I'm gonna be a pain and ask you guys get my gender right.  I'm a lady (hush, shraeye) so she would be preferred.

Also, grujah is always insisting on proof so here it is.  Shraeye and I at our first dance :)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »

Shraeye: You don't approve of Galz's scumhunting mechanic but you draw the same conclusions as him, please comment on this.
I was thinking about this while driving around today.  It's over-reliance on what I see as weak meta-arguments that frustrates me.  Here's a post from Galzria where he's clearly thinking deeper than "oh, Eevee hasn't yet said the words 'im town'"
More directly to your question though, I don't know. Scum!Eevee has been seen so rarely, that it's hard to tell when he appears. Does he OMGUS? He gave me very... safe, vibes earlier, like he was trying not to be to vocally prominent. It's part of what stood out to me. It also felt a little like he was... ?trying to please? - I don't know if that's right. It's hard to put my finger on.
This is a meta-argument that I think is worthwhile, much more so than the one I attacked.  So I don't disapprove entirely of Galzria's methods

The other answer is that even flawed methods of scumhunting could reach correct results (or at least line up with my current suspicions).  I mean, I could just plug names into a randomizer and accuse the top 3 of being scum.  That would be an abysmal method of scumhunting, but it still might land on an actual mafioso.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2013, 06:36:05 pm »

Home now and getting caught up.  Will probably post a bunch of little posts instead of one big old doozy.  First, I know cayvie is cool with being referred to as either he or she but I'm gonna be a pain and ask you guys get my gender right.  I'm a lady (hush, shraeye) so she would be preferred.

Also, grujah is always insisting on proof so here it is.  Shraeye and I at our first dance :)
Oh, she's no 'lady'.  Also, she was cackling while posting that link there.  Funny stuff.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »

:)
Robz, whats the question I'm missing? IREALLYSHOULDNTREADTHISTHREADFROMPHONEBUTCANTKEEPAWAY. sorry guys.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »

:)
Robz, whats the question I'm missing? IREALLYSHOULDNTREADTHISTHREADFROMPHONEBUTCANTKEEPAWAY. sorry guys.

Okay, there are two people I now am thinking are town. Which is good; I can rule those people out as lynch targets if they continue to persuade me of their towniness. I'm not sure if there is a point to me saying who they are yet.

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:48 pm »

Galzria: Do you know who these two people are?

I don't think anyone else knows me well enough to venture intelligent guesses.

Raerae: You know shraeye IRL. Do you think he's acting odd?

Those are all the homework assignments for now.
Found it! I seem to just completely skip even longer posts like this when tryin to read on phone.

I'm going to guess some combination of myself, Galzria, Grujah and shraeye because we've posted the most so we are the easiest to read. I'll go with myself (because you read me so well) and Galzria (having the highest post count is just so towny and I also probably read a little too much into his "bad" case against me.. I guess the case had some merits/ I see what he was going for even if the facts didnt check up this time).
I've drank quite a bit, sorry if my english is indecipherable.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »

I claim town! Firmly.

Weird thing. You've been town so much it's normally ingrained, but I could actually see you NOT wanting to make waves as scum, so deciding not to do this. Hmm. Interesting.

Not interesting, possibly a joke?  Possibly trying to start some Eevee suspicion?  Noting this.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2013, 06:57:48 pm »

Seriously? Now Eevee NOT saying "i'm town guys" is a possible scumtell??  That's just stupid.  Meta-arguments like this are worth nothing in my scumhunting book, why even grill Eevee here?

I agree with shraeye.  Everybody is all the time talking meta and this and meta that...don't you guys think scum has figured out they should emulate their town meta or not do what they did as scum last time?  I can see it as useful as one of those little tiny screwdrivers, helpful on occasion but most of the time it won't get the job done all by itself.  But then again, I am but a young girl and know little of the ways of Mafia.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2013, 07:02:20 pm »

I'm going to jump in and guess that Robz has a townread on Galz and mcmcsalot.  Galz is reading somewhat towny to me now, he seems to be trying honestly to sound people out.  Also mcmcsalot.
So the reads on people I have formed aren't based on me thinking X is acting like scumX, because I don't know how people act as scum or as town. My feeling is that Galz is super abrasive, I understand that doesn't mean scum but you seem to scum hunt very hard and get very defensive when people disagree. It also worries me that you made a joke about lynching yourself early and now scum hunting eevee for making a joke about having scumbuddies. Is joking a sign of nervous scum or confident town. I turn to insom because you commented on both the jokes and I know I can trust your opinion. As far as rareye, shrareye, and grujah I don't really have a read.
I think he's confused me and Galz's small cases on Eevee here, but the way he is asking what to make of the jokes sounds like classic newbie-town.  He's voicing his worries, and trying to see if he's onto something, or just being paranoid.  Somehow, as with Galz, it's the unsuredness that is reading towny to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2013, 07:02:42 pm »

But then again, I am but a young girl and know little of the ways of Mafia.
Vote: raerae
These statements have ALWAYS been scum, including myself in M III. I might be reckless because I've been drinking but this is easily the scummiest
statement I've seen in the game this far. And I'm not usually one to believe in "things that are just inherently scummy to say".

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

Seriously? Now Eevee NOT saying "i'm town guys" is a possible scumtell??  That's just stupid.  Meta-arguments like this are worth nothing in my scumhunting book, why even grill Eevee here?

I agree with shraeye.  Everybody is all the time talking meta and this and meta that...don't you guys think scum has figured out they should emulate their town meta or not do what they did as scum last time?  I can see it as useful as one of those little tiny screwdrivers, helpful on occasion but most of the time it won't get the job done all by itself.  But then again, I am but a young girl and know little of the ways of Mafia.
And here she shows why she's in marketing, and I'm an asshole.  This is essentially what I'm trying to say with meta-arguments.  They're useful at times and right at times.  But if you're gonna base a whole case on one small, easily imitated thing, the you're gonna have a table that falls apart.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »

@theCouple: I loves me meta arguments. Faking town meta is easier said than done
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.