Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20  All

Author Topic: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 47248 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Day 1 underway)
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »

Alllllssssoooooo, there are at least 3 other people checking out this thread.  Say stuff, folks.

Eevee, I don't know if I'm sold on his excuse or your defense of him.  Straight up unsure how to feel about that.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2013, 10:16:27 pm »

Analyzing Shraeye's post because its made me think about a whole lot.

He points out what I thought was scummy about grujah in the first place referring to himself as scum. Next up is an explanation of a group of interactions between me and grujah which he provides no actual analyses of other than grujah and mc might be scumbuddies because we talked. Next up hes critical of grujah's comment about galz but no thoughts of scumbuddying there. Finally comes the three he thinks are scum grujah and I, makes sense, and eevee out of nowhere.

The other thing that has been worrying me quite a bit now is raerae. She was gone and thats excusable but upon return almost all of her post have had nothing to do with the game: asking eevee about his thought on meta-game, posting about game of thrones. Seems to me like scum trying to get post in without saying much.

In summary I feel strongly of a raerae, shraeye, grujah scum team.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20:26 pm »

Woah woah.! Little early to feel strongly about ANY alignments let alone of am entire scum team! Lessening my townread a bit, although that might just as well be new guy being overly excited about his reads. Robz, you might be helpful in reading this situation, what do you think?

I wish I'll one day be known for saying "Mafia players stop being newbies the minute they stop being so damn sure about their day 1 reads."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:35 pm »

Drat, hate being the third wheel.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »

Phone posting, will be around later. Town read on Galz and Grujah, of course both could be scum. My brother is giving a sincere defense, but he could still be scum. Rarae has made herself a lot less suspicious by posting more... But it wasn't super substantive.

I'm feeling best about a shraeye lynch at the moment. Who is with me?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2013, 10:44:20 pm »

Phone posting, will be around later. Town read on Galz and Grujah, of course both could be scum. My brother is giving a sincere defense, but he could still be scum. Rarae has made herself a lot less suspicious by posting more... But it wasn't super substantive.

I often fall in this caveat, but the recent attacks on me kinda scummified him in my eyes :s He is also seeing triples, just like mcmcalot, but shra should know better by now. Going out-there with triples and no info to back it up D1 - really?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:55 pm »

what makes you suspect shraeye the most? i'm realizing i'm generally better at evaluating other peoples cases/reasonings than i am at actually reading/judging people.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »

Though, I do not feel that good about the lynch. I felt much better about rae lynch earlier today, but feel worse about it now and don't really have a real target.

Shra is probably third now after the newbies. And I'd hate if I let Galz and/or Eevee through just cause they are more experienced at deceiving me. :s

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:48 pm »

Eevee go next?

Fuzzers, you missed this. GO next with "give opinion on everyone".

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:00 pm »

He points out what I thought was scummy about grujah in the first place referring to himself as scum. Next up is an explanation of a group of interactions between me and grujah which he provides no actual analyses of other than grujah and mc might be scumbuddies because we talked. Next up hes critical of grujah's comment about galz but no thoughts of scumbuddying there. Finally comes the three he thinks are scum grujah and I, makes sense, and eevee out of nowhere.

The other thing that has been worrying me quite a bit now is raerae. She was gone and thats excusable but upon return almost all of her post have had nothing to do with the game: asking eevee about his thought on meta-game, posting about game of thrones. Seems to me like scum trying to get post in without saying much.

You just gave drunk raerae a good laugh, my dear.  I'm not responding to your words about shraeye but I do think I know where he's coming from Eevee.  I will defend myself though...all of my posts?  Yes, I'll freely admit that I did make a couple joke-type things in my posts but they did not make up the majority of my posts.  Please see below.  Also, if anybody wanted a reread of raerae, here's the cliffnotes version starting at my catch up.

Post #169 - Questioning Galz on questioning Eevee on not claiming town.
Post #170 - Agreeing with Shraeye on meta-arguments, also semi-quoted GoT as a joke
Post #176 - More meta-argument talky-talk
Post #178 - Calling Grujah out for not reading the thread (ie. me not being around)
Post #179 - Defending myself from Grujah calling me about IIoA
Post #180 - Calling you out for not reading the thread (ie. me not being around)
Post #182 - Responding to Robz' question about Shraeye IRL
Post #183 - JOKE POST
Post #187 - Apologizing for my GoT reference that Eevee didn't catch
Post #189 - Asking Eevee about meta-arguments, related to this game but not something I'm ready to share with the group just yet
Post #192 - Wondering what the hell Grujah was talking about and stating I wasn't giving Eevee a pass on anything
Post #199 - JOKE POST
Post #200 - Telling people to post things, responding to Eevee's question regarding you

Whoo!!  Ok, now that that's done I'm going to go drink more and watch X-Files.  (Hope this doesn't get labeled as a post having nothing to do with the game as I mentioned something non-mafia!)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

Whoa! I know you're IC but damn, throw that out without an explanation??

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:03 pm »

Drat, hate being the third wheel.

Baby, ain't no third wheels with us.  (Is a wink seriously the skeaziest smiley face I can get here??  Ugh...  Just assume I'm giving you super wiggly eyebrow eyes, ok?)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

what makes you suspect shraeye the most? i'm realizing i'm generally better at evaluating other peoples cases/reasonings than i am at actually reading/judging people.

What makes you unwilling to vote for shraeye?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »

What makes you unwilling to vote for shraeye?

Robz, I'm also curious about this and (spoiler) Eevee is sneaking up my scumlist.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:56 pm »

I often fall in this caveat, but the recent attacks on me kinda scummified him in my eyes :s He is also seeing triples, just like mcmcalot, but shra should know better by now. Going out-there with triples and no info to back it up D1 - really?

That's the nature of this setup.  I've played as VT once, as scum once, and as IC once.  If you aren't looking for the entire team, you're gonna miss things.  When you find a suspect, you HAVE to ask yourself if this person is actually scum, who are their partners, and who is on my team?

Scumteams have been called in this setup before, but I'm not sure if it was by day 1 or not.  It's a lot easier than in a real game; this setup is very unique.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2013, 11:33:13 pm »

You just gave drunk raerae a good laugh, my dear.  I'm not responding to your words about shraeye but I do think I know where he's coming from Eevee.  I will defend myself though...all of my posts?  Yes, I'll freely admit that I did make a couple joke-type things in my posts but they did not make up the majority of my posts.  Please see below.  Also, if anybody wanted a reread of raerae, here's the cliffnotes version starting at my catch up.

Post #169 - Questioning Galz on questioning Eevee on not claiming town.
Post #170 - Agreeing with Shraeye on meta-arguments, also semi-quoted GoT as a joke
Post #176 - More meta-argument talky-talk
Post #178 - Calling Grujah out for not reading the thread (ie. me not being around)
Post #179 - Defending myself from Grujah calling me about IIoA
Post #180 - Calling you out for not reading the thread (ie. me not being around)
Post #182 - Responding to Robz' question about Shraeye IRL
Post #183 - JOKE POST
Post #187 - Apologizing for my GoT reference that Eevee didn't catch
Post #189 - Asking Eevee about meta-arguments, related to this game but not something I'm ready to share with the group just yet
Post #192 - Wondering what the hell Grujah was talking about and stating I wasn't giving Eevee a pass on anything
Post #199 - JOKE POST
Post #200 - Telling people to post things, responding to Eevee's question regarding you

Whoo!!  Ok, now that that's done I'm going to go drink more and watch X-Files.  (Hope this doesn't get labeled as a post having nothing to do with the game as I mentioned something non-mafia!)

Hey mcymcmcmc...you got words for this?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2013, 11:41:11 pm »

INSOM!!!  Where you be??

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

I'm here now and to all of you I feel it's time I come out with this. Rastas continues to be m number 1 suspect. Every single time she has provided any read at all or any stance on anything she has hedged it with but maybe I'm just the new girl.

Raerae. Reads on entire town please
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:00 am »

gonna take this post by post a say why I saw what I saw.

#169 You were noting the posts about eevee's and galz's early jokes. this was noted and talked about by myself, insom, and shraeye. You don't ask galz anything just noted.
#170 agreeing yes, and saying people shouldn't pay attention to meta-arguments very much. End post with a funny quote which as the last thing you read, the thing i remembered about the post.
#176 again supporting shraeye and supporting the dismissal of meta-game arguments.
#178 Grujah said your post lacked analysis, not that you didn't post enough.
#179 exactly what you said a defense of yourself.
#180 yes i now know the post you are referring to and my suspicion of you was not all that strong at that time, simply more suspicion than anyone else.
#182 1st post from you that has solid analysis of something.
#183 joke post
#187 exactly as you said clarification of the joke post.
#189 asking eevee's opinion which is fine but still not your analysis.
#192 Semi analytic post.
#199 joke post
#200 2nd post from you that was actually expressing your opinion.

Now what this post was meant for, A) you asked for my words here they are, B) I wanted to express my feeling was not that you were posting too little. My worry was that you were trying to look like you were very active, a townie trait, without actually make significant posts. This made me worry you were scum trying to look like a townie, that along with your want to dismiss meta-game arguments was why you are top of my scum list.

Hopefully more people get on tonight, if not I probably won't be posting much more seeing as without more opinions on our discussion arguing will get us nowhere.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:59 am »

I'm here now and to all of you I feel it's time I come out with this. Rastas continues to be m number 1 suspect. Every single time she has provided any read at all or any stance on anything she has hedged it with but maybe I'm just the new girl.

I am here as well.

Insomniac, wish me could discuss this in daychat, but here it is. In ZM whatever, when you were scum with Munch and shraeye, a major factor in your win (really, you had nothing to do with it) was Munch and shraeye playing really good as scum, I think based partly on their real world relationship.

Obviously, it's pretty early (and kind of baseless) to be calling this, but I'm worried about the shraeye/rarae interaction here. She didn't give me much when I asked her opinion on shraeye, and I have a suspicion of shraeye anyway.

If they are the scumpair, it's a huge tossup on who their partner is (really could be anyone, though I am inclined to think Grujah is town.)

What do you think?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:12 am »

Oh man...so boo hiss to ya'll for not posting.  Sad faces everywhere :(.  See look!  There's one now!

In all game seriousness, as Shraeye pointed out, I'm in Marketing which means I hold "normal" business hours which means this may well be my last post until the deadline which means I have to vote.  Damn the world and all.

Looking at my list of thoughts on people Eevee is looking most scumtastic to me for the following reasons:

Post #147 & 148: He suspects Shraeye, a smidge bit, for disagreeing with Galz.  Galz doesn't even suspect Shraeye for disagreeing with him. 

Sidenote:  Galz!  Where you be??

Post #89: I'm surprised Grujah agrees with me!  That's all I'll say on that subject (jump to post #190 to see relevance)
Post #107: Says "buddying" to me.  Hey Glaz, we should play nicer in the sandbox together!  Dude, why wouldn't you say this in the applicable thread?
Post #188: It says reluctant unvote to me after Shraeye pointed out my GoT quote.  Did anybody else catch that prior to us explaining it?  Just curious.
Post #190: Eevee says he believes meta-arguments (after both ICs have stated their loove for them).  You stated in post #89 that you were surpised by Grujah agreeing with you but didn't post anything further.  Doesn't this go strictly against his meta?  Or not, I don't know.
Post #202: It says to me, "Hey! Hey, scumbuddy! You coming on too hott and too strong, friend!  Slow the bomb-diggity down!!" 

Oh balls, I see people have posted while I've been typing so I won't vote just yet but that's the ONLY thing I'm editing from this post.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:21 am »

Oh, f-bomsb, the ENTIRE town?  You asking a lot from drunkers over here.  But I'll do it, just for you, my IC BF friend.  Also, did you follow Buffy at all?  I was IC then and hedged my face off.  I know! I know! I already called out meta-arguments but I think you need to use them in conjuction with other stuffs.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:28 am »

Rarae sounds like a strange, parody version of herself from XVII. I think she is playing up issues unrelated to the game. The town explanation for this is that there isn't lot of meaty convo to discuss. The scum explanation is that that's exactly what newbie scum do.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:54 am »

Oh, f-bomsb, the ENTIRE town?  You asking a lot from drunkers over here.  But I'll do it, just for you, my IC BF friend.  Also, did you follow Buffy at all?  I was IC then and hedged my face off.  I know! I know! I already called out meta-arguments but I think you need to use them in conjuction with other stuffs.

F!!!  Look at all the misspellings!!  Oh good gravy!!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:24 am »

And... no response to my suspicions? Lurkers gonna lurk.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.