Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 101953 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #575 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:34 pm »

Oh I misunderstood you Axxle, awesome! I'll play even if this winds up being the 3man game between me, Robz and someone else.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

I'm 100% in for drunk mafia.  Seriously.  Like 200%.  I might even host that, it would be a completely normal game, with some standard setup, except rules about posting when drunk.  (especially/even) the mod.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

We should have a blitz mafia game where EVERYONE gets drunk like that.
DIBS!

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

I'd be in, obviously.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 02, 2012, 10:55:06 pm »

I see two ways to do it, either a blitz game or a super long game that basically only runs during weekends. I'm fine with either one.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 02, 2012, 11:20:15 pm »

Of course, honor system on whether people actually would be drunk. I sort of think it would be hilarious, but also it seems like it would involve a lot of drinking alone, basically, which I don't support.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 02, 2012, 11:52:46 pm »

XDDDDDDDDDD

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:45 am »

Playing mafia drunk is a lot of fun in person. Too bad we all live on separate corners of the earth. I would die to meet you lunatics in person!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 03, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

I almost met Frisk this weekend, but then it turned out we were going to Maker Faire on different days. Anyway, I'm tentatively in for this drunk business.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:25 am »

Playing mafia drunk is a lot of fun in person. Too bad we all live on separate corners of the earth. I would die to meet you lunatics in person!
Seconded, on both.

One possibility would be running this drunk-game over skype as a semi-irl experiment? I dont know if that would work or if people would be interested, but that way we'd only need to get drunk once to get it done.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 03, 2012, 12:32:51 am »

Seconded, on both.

One possibility would be running this drunk-game over skype as a semi-irl experiment? I dont know if that would work or if people would be interested, but that way we'd only need to get drunk once to get it done.

Google hangouts, maybe a possibility? I am like the least technologically capable person, but I hear that's what the kids do these days.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 03, 2012, 01:19:26 am »

Seconded, on both.

Google hangouts, maybe a possibility? I am like the least technologically capable person, but I hear that's what the kids do these days.

Psh, I so got you beat. I don't even have a Facebook account. Or a Twitter account. Or any other mass-media account. Skype? Well, I know WHAT it is, but actually using it...

I used icq for messaging way back when...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 03, 2012, 02:54:45 am »

google hangouts are great for stuff like this
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 03, 2012, 06:27:46 am »

Of course, honor system on whether people actually would be drunk.

Actually, before you post each day, you get a math puzzle, if you get it right, you need to drink more.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 03, 2012, 06:57:54 am »

what an expensive game of mafia
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 03, 2012, 07:00:18 am »

Of course, honor system on whether people actually would be drunk.

Actually, before you post each day, you get a math puzzle, if you get it right, you need to drink more.

Surely if they are gaming the system to play when sober, they will be sober enough to realise they can just give the wrong answer?

I think a photo of an increasing number of empty bottles would be a good indicator. Sure they can game it by not drinking those bottles, but that would be a real waste of money!

So day 1 you have to show a picture of 2 bottles before you start, and then every third post up that bottle count by 1 more!

This would reward the people able to handle their drink!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:01:19 am by Ozle »
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:55 am »

Can I be the stone-cold-sober troll mod for the drunk mafia game?

For bonus troll points, I'll drink black coffee while you all are drinking alcohol so I can get more and more raging and irritable while you all get more and more kickball-esque.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:38 am »

only if you match me cup for drink.  This reminds me of 'pot of coffee by day, bottle of wine by night' party my brother held in honor of Wizard People Dear Reader.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2012, 11:48:42 am »

I would be so in for this. How about you have to finish a drink before each time you vote? And claiming a PR costs 3.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »

Does anyone want to start up Resistance 4? I read the previous games (and the ongoing one) and I'd really like to try some Resistance.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2012, 03:54:06 pm »

Does anyone want to start up Resistance 4? I read the previous games (and the ongoing one) and I'd really like to try some Resistance.

In to play.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 05, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

Apparently this is where I talk when it's night! I've never heard of google hangouts before, but quick googling tells it's free, easy to use and supports up to 10 people, so it definitely sounds like something that could work. People seem really interested in playing this BAC-mafia, so much so that no one wants to be the moderator?

// Oh wait, Axxle did?

//// As I said earlier,I think making this work as a normal game would be hard because no one / not everyone wants to drink home alone every other day for two weeks. Blitz however, preferably off forums (could me multiple games that way too if we so decide, so even the moderator got to play!), could work super well! Or a longer game here in the forums that pretty much only runs on weekends? Latter would be hilarious, because people could use sobriety as a reason for lurking, but I kind of think former would be more fun. After all, mafia is a party game. An online party doesn't sound lame at all and I'm not nerdy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:57:51 pm by Eevee »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 05, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »

Apparently this is where I talk when it's night! I've never heard of google hangouts before, but quick googling tells it's free, easy to use and supports up to 10 people, so it definitely sounds like something that could work. People seem really interested in playing this BAC-mafia, so much so that no one wants to be the moderator?

// Oh wait, Axxle did?

//// As I said earlier,I think making this work as a normal game would be hard because no one / not everyone wants to drink home alone every other day for two weeks. Blitz however, preferably off forums (could me multiple games that way too if we so decide, so even the moderator got to play!), could work super well! Or a longer game here in the forums that pretty much only runs on weekends? Latter would be hilarious, because people could use sobriety as a reason for lurking, but I kind of think former would be more fun. After all, mafia is a party game. An online party doesn't sound lame at all and I'm not nerdy.

I could (and would!) Play a blitz format that's designed to play over a span of like, 6 hours (2 hour deadlines, 30 minute nights). This would allow me to get completely hammered all in one go (Friday or Saturday night) without interfering with too much (like work or my girlfriend). Plus, it would allow me to far exceed the limit of what's reasonable withoutfeeling terrible. ;D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2012, 04:20:50 pm »

// Oh wait, Axxle did?

I could (and would!) Play a blitz format that's designed to play over a span of like, 6 hours (2 hour deadlines, 30 minute nights). This would allow me to get completely hammered all in one go (Friday or Saturday night) without interfering with too much (like work or my girlfriend). Plus, it would allow me to far exceed the limit of what's reasonable withoutfeeling terrible. ;D
I mean yeah, that's what I mean! Although I was thinking we could do even shorter games, after all the objective is for everyone to leave their computer only to get another drink. We could maybe run two or three games and the moderator would get to play too, if we had 30 minute days and 10 minute nights or something like that.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 06, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

But we would have the same getting everyone online at once problem Insom's original blitz mafia had.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 06, 2012, 01:20:26 pm »

But we would have the same getting everyone online at once problem Insom's original blitz mafia had.
This is different, you get to be drunk!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.