Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231559 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 2, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1125 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:51 am »

You know... would town robz be vague like this? Like if robz were town, and he had a role with a scummy-sounding name, and sort of confusing mechanics... wouldn't he be clearer?

Dunno. Maybe I do believe him, on second thought it seems more plausible for a few reasons. Not voting for him yet even though I've really wanted to lynch him earlier, I'm so having some doubts.

...or maybe I shouldn't believe him - Robz, are you a plant?

Wait, Robz was something KELP related, right?  Is this a thing?  What do *you* think about Robz?

Now THAT'S an interesting find.

unvote so no hammer. I want to hear from ftl.

I knew he was more like a vegetable than an animal or a mineral, and wanted to set up a situation where Robz would think that lying about it to me could give him towncred. Maybe get him to lie if he's scum. Didn't really work.

Are you M.G. Stanley?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 11, 2012, 12:53:17 am »

ReVote: Robz.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 11, 2012, 01:06:19 am »

Not saying any more than I need to, thus not saying anything about MGS.

BTW, I suppose I should add that I did target robz last night, and Watno hasn't said anything about me being blued... but maybe that's because he targeted jorbles and not robz. I didn't bring it up before because I didn't figure it would change any conclusions because of that. Bringing it up now since I've said I have some robz info anyway.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:35 am »

BTW, I suppose I should add that I did target robz last night, and Watno hasn't said anything about me being blued... but maybe that's because he targeted jorbles and not robz. I didn't bring it up before because I didn't figure it would change any conclusions because of that. Bringing it up now since I've said I have some robz info anyway.

Damnit. Now I have TPoP running through my head. Not that it's a terrible thing I suppose. Still.

More to the point, it's interesting then that Watno didn't see you, but not damning.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 11, 2012, 02:05:42 am »

Arghhhhh.  I have to get Volt to proof all actions next time.  :-[

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 11, 2012, 02:12:14 am »

So for the record then:

ftl DID get blue paint on him from targeting Robz, and Watno should've detected it.

Watno's failure to report it then is only because his systems malfunctioned and the mod didn't load his data correctly.

Correct?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:54 am »

Really, Eevee?  I read 12 pages at once, and can't remember a case made against Galzria.  My gut still feels weird with him so i ask someone to recall it if they can (whoever made it I bet still remembers it well).

How did that turn into a scum read on Galz???  I'm not sure if you can characterize my parenthetical about Galz as "excited to go read back"  If this were a serious scumread, you bet your bubblegum I'd have already done the research myself and be ready with a clear post.  I'm just asking for clarification.

The gut/fact argument was not with me, so it possibly was with SFS.

What I'm now curious about is why did you jump at me for asking somebody to recall Galzria's argument?
For other people's benefit, I'm posting my "excited over Galzria being scum" sentences below.  Protip: There is a huge disparity between what they are and what Eevee says they are.
By the way, I vaguely recall somebody making a scum pairing including Galz, who made that and what was the explanation?  Because I'm still super wary of Galz, and I can't tell when he's explaining sometimes whether he's being clear and helping me make informed decisions [town], or being forceful and pushing me to sheep his decisions [scummy]).

You going after [Galzria] like that makes it seem like you don't really consider the actual facts but rather try to look for evidence you'd want to be true
Yeah man, I was reeeeally going after Galzria there.  Frankly I'm surprised he didn't get immediately lynched over that *awesome* case I made.
"Going after Galzria" might be overstating a bit, but it does look like you'd want to suspect him and are looking for reasons for doing so. "super wary" is quite strong considering how much he has helped us today, especially so because you don't seem to oppose Robz lynch and I'm going to eat my hat if Robz and Galzria are in the same scum team and the serial killer slot if any has already been reserved to Frisk.

That actually makes me suspect Frisk more. 15 players so I'd expect more than 1 scum faction. If Frisk is a vig, the serial killer / other mafia team missed their shot last night. Possible of course, but if this happens again night 2 we can pretty much conclude we only have two "killing" roles which would I think makes Frisk being a SK more likely.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 11, 2012, 02:22:01 am »

So for the record then:

ftl DID get blue paint on him from targeting Robz, and Watno should've detected it.

Watno's failure to report it then is only because his systems malfunctioned and the mod didn't load his data correctly.

Correct?

I'll leave that for Watno to say.  I don't want to modconfirm more than I have to.  But again, to discourage taking advantage of mod errors, yes, I made a second error and Watno has received an update.

Apologies to all for the mistakes.  I actually don't think either one makes a huge difference to how this day would have gone... but it may have made some difference.  Sorry.  I will ask Volt to check over action resolutions to prevent this from happening in the future.  It seems I am not thorough enough!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 11, 2012, 02:26:17 am »

So for the record then:

Correct?

I'll leave that for Watno to say.  I don't want to modconfirm more than I have to.  But again, to discourage taking advantage of mod errors, yes, I made a second error and Watno has received an update.

Apologies to all for the mistakes.  I actually don't think either one makes a huge difference to how this day would have gone... but it may have made some difference.  Sorry.  I will ask Volt to check over action resolutions to prevent this from happening in the future.  It seems I am not thorough enough!

Well, good to have that all sorted out, and the case against me explained away by mod errors. So who's up for a Frisk lynch?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

So for the record then:

Correct?

Well, good to have that all sorted out, and the case against me explained away by mod errors. So who's up for a Frisk lynch?
Uhm how so? I don't see the case against you explained at all.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33:17 am »

So for the record then:

Correct?

Obvscum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 11, 2012, 02:35:51 am »

So for the record then:

Correct?

It's not. I believe Robz misread the missed information - which is that ftl got blue on him because he targeted Robz, who was covered in paint. Obviously Watno hadn't been told of this, do didn't know to report that ftl targeted Robz. But ftl has said as much now, and I expect Watno will confirm it when he checks his PM's. That's all that changed. Essentially - nothing.

Mafia Record:

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 11, 2012, 02:47:50 am »

Just quickly phone-posting before I leave for university:
Ftl indeed got cyan traces on him.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 11, 2012, 03:01:21 am »

So for the record then:

Correct?

It's not. I believe Robz misread the missed information - which is that ftl got blue on him because he targeted Robz, who was covered in paint. Obviously Watno hadn't been told of this, do didn't know to report that ftl targeted Robz. But ftl has said as much now, and I expect Watno will confirm it when he checks his PM's. That's all that changed. Essentially - nothing.

I didn't misread, I was just kidding about this clearing me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 11, 2012, 03:11:44 am »

If, going forward, everyone could please send their night action PMs to both me and eHalc, that will greatly facilitate the double-check process.  Thanks.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 11, 2012, 04:01:48 am »

I'm now in favor of having Frisk not kill.

Watno looks pretty bad if Robz flips scum, as has always been the case. The lists and "if, then" posts made today seemed correct and they're really helpful. But aside from the ftl thing (which doesn't really change much), there's not much new info today and I'm pretty much where I was at yesterday.

I believe there might still be a couple people who've hardly weighed in today though? Maybe? Is theorel in this game? It's really late.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:59 am »

I'm still on the Robz wagon, which I will take credit for starting, even if it was pages ago, but wanted to get some convo going on Eevee's odd question/half-claim.

He has a targeted night action, which he says is town, but could backfire if he targets something with mail?

Sounds kind of odd, and kind of role-fishy, right?

Eevee, can you say who you targeted last night?  Anything to sort of clear yourself?  I feel like we've been giving Eevee a pass...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 11, 2012, 04:37:23 am »

Alright, I've reread enough times to be okay with a Robz lynch today.

Maybe "not really trying" is how he's playing scum this time, because that's kinda the read I've gotten.

What are we waiting for? Lekkit?

I don't understand what's particularly scummy about what Eevee's said, ashersky. Could you elaborate?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 11, 2012, 05:03:25 am »

Alright, I've reread enough times to be okay with a Robz lynch today.

Maybe "not really trying" is how he's playing scum this time, because that's kinda the read I've gotten.

What are we waiting for? Lekkit?

I don't understand what's particularly scummy about what Eevee's said, ashersky. Could you elaborate?

Didn't say scummy so much as odd.  I don't know, just trying to figure out what sort of town night action results in killing people other than vig, which frisk has already claimed me Eevee hasn't countered...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 11, 2012, 05:13:26 am »

Lol Dsell, theorel isn't in this game. Lekkit has been maybe the most notably quiet.

I'm still on the Robz wagon, which I will take credit for starting, even if it was pages ago, but wanted to get some convo going on Eevee's odd question/half-claim.

He has a targeted night action, which he says is town, but could backfire if he targets something with mail?

Sounds kind of odd, and kind of role-fishy, right?

Eevee, can you say who you targeted last night?  Anything to sort of clear yourself?  I feel like we've been giving Eevee a pass...
Wug? HOW? How is it rolefishy? Your post seems a LOT more rolefishy than mine tbh.. I asked if someone's role name worked in the mail delivering industry. I even said "it's fine if you don't want to disclose it for whatever reason, just don't, but then we just might both die because of it". If this was a scummy thing, why on earth would I tell everyone about it? It's not like I got caught doing anything, I voluntarily told you about it. To clarify: it's sort of a "punishment" and has nothing to do with my actual role. I can't target it all, my otherwise pacifistic character just simply commits murder-suicide if it happens to target that one particular player. Which sort of makes me not want to use my night action at all because 1/14 chance of two players (myself a townie and then the other guy of unknown alignment) dying is not very desirable.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 11, 2012, 05:14:20 am »

Townie-seeming odd is a terrible reason for starting to press someone to tell more about their role.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 11, 2012, 05:15:46 am »

And idk what we are waiting for, Lekkit to have more time to post and us to reach a consensus on the Frisk issue. Consensus seems to be not shooting, do you copy Frisk?

It's not like we are in a particular hurry, 10 days until deadline as shraeye pointed out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:03 am »

Townie-seeming odd is a terrible reason for starting to press someone to tell more about their role.

Okay, fair enough.  Just, stuck out, I guess.  Seemed like I noticed more than others, is all.

PPE: Also not clear what we're waiting on.  I weighed in on Frisk shooting, but seems I'm in the minority.  No biggie.  If he doesn't shoot, we'll have just as much to study, I suppose.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 11, 2012, 05:19:20 am »

I don't think Eevee kills people unless they're mail carriers.

I'm not a mail carrier. Nor did I target Galzria, btw.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 11, 2012, 07:06:08 am »

Im not sure about Robz being scum. But Ive gotten the feeling that Robz is using this game as an experiment on how to play rather than play seriously, which I think is pretty bad play for town, and I would definately not be sad if we lynched him.

I havent followed the arguments really closely, but I actually think CF should fire. I look at it like this. Thee are Three options;
1 Hes a vig. Vig firing is pretty pro town, its a town pr. If he is he should fire.
2 Hes a SK. He wants to get rid of mafia just as much as town. So basically its the same as 1 but with a bit more wine taste.
3 Hes mafia. Someone else will perform the kill.

Either way in the case of 1 or 2 mafia would want to kilm him. Either with a NK or by leaving him alive with a glass pf wine to follow. In the case of 3 he will probably be left alive by the mafia, but could possibly be killes by a vig or SK. Either qay, I don't think CF will live tjrough the day tomorroe wothout town protwction. So in my eyes he's like a 1shot extra lynch.

And. If we get CF to kill, the glove thing would be easier to prove. I'm pretty sure either Eevee or Galz knows more about the if Robz flip X kill Z stuff. And if I wont have time to post more before Robz is hammeeed, I wanted my thoughts out here.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 16 queries.