Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231561 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

The Fire Nation is an Avatar: The Last Airbender reference. I sort of doubt it's relevant, but you never know.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

The Fire Nation is an Avatar: The Last Airbender reference. I sort of doubt it's relevant, but you never know.

Robz was Avatar scum in the last RMM, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

...and then ashersky was modkilled for not knowing ATLA.

OK, not really.

Link.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

oh hey I watched 10 seconds of that video, and then I was like I've seen captain planet before, no need to watch any more of it

please don't modkill me

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Fair enough. If we wind up with something like 1 votes on everyone, then we'll end up no-lynching. Still, we should try to push for a lynch if we can.

Robz, what do you think about lynch/no lynch in this game?

Definitely we should lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2012, 12:15:51 am »

Robz, I think you are sacrificing town's win % to your personal convenience & survival (and also making being scum easier to hide for yourself). Sure, there is no fixed amount of activity you are required to show on day 1, but purposefully contributing only a little / not at all day 1 is clearly anti-town behavior.

It's not deliberate. I am not withholding my thoughts.
I side with eevee in #359 here. If you aren't withholding any thoughts, are you saying that you haven't had any thoughts yet?  Maybe you just think none of them are important enough to post?  You have to be getting ideas about who is looking at least slightly town or slightly scummy, even if they're just hunches.  But you're doing nothing with those hunches even.  I admit that a lot of my thoughts are thin reads that I am trying to get clarified.  That is how I operate: ask questions, receive answers, make reads based off of interactions.  How do you operate?

Woah woah woah woah. We are certainly putting the horse before the cart here. Or whatever. The other way around? (I've never assembled a half-horse half-cart monster before).

I didn't say I refuse to contribute, or that I will never contribute, or that I don't see value in contributing, or that I deserve to be in the end regardless. I was simply explaining that in the past I have behaved a bit differently in bastard/role madness games. I will say something more useful today, jeez.
Good, I hope that you do say useful things starting soon.  Protip: this wasn't useful
Who is the biggest lurker right now? Let's kill that person.
We've got 10+ days left, lynching the biggest lurker on day 4 of a 2 week "day 1" isn't good.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile

@ftl & ash: I'm not necessarily saying we have to no lynch either like if someone looks really scummy lets lynch em but I'm not gonna worry about deadline coming up if we don't have a good lynch I can't see myself jumping on a bad wagon.
I like Insom's argument here.  I'm prolynch, but in a regular game I may be bending over backwards trying to get one to happen, voting for someone who I have a neutral read on because it's better than nothing.  But there's less of a need to jump on a bad wagon here, so approaching the deadline without any realistic candidate becomes less terrifying.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile

I fixed your flavor so that the capital letters of the first paragraph spell "Nagini". You were almost there. Had to drop an H and add an I. But at first glance I thought I might've been on to something!

It warms my heart to see players looking at everything through the eyes of a conspiracy theorist.

Constant Vigilance!
Super whoa! That is some impressive vigilance!

@cayvie.  3 quick things
Yes, #3 refers to your use of three.  IPad abbreviating...

Shraeye was active other D1s, I recall.  Nothing strikes me as any different this game.

Nah, more along the lines of, I'm seriously wondering if shraeye, in particular, gets how D1 is different from subequent days.

I referred to the post where Cayvie made the joke, and said the three thing was scummy.  Watno did mention the self reference as being scummy, not the joke.  I agree with Watno that the inclusion of self makes it seem scummier.  In fact, I might not have noticed if Cayvie had listed three others.  Would have been more jokey.

What? That would be a terrible joke!

"i've found these three scum, and they're Robz, jotheonah, and shraeye!"

that's indistinguishable from a baseless accusation. The fact that I was included in the list is what makes it a joke at all!
1:Maybe I do get how D1 is different from subsequent days, and maybe I don't.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to test your theory this game.  How do you find day 1 different from subsequent days and, more importantly, what caused you to bring this up now?
2: That second quote is from ashersky.  I read your post at first and was like "I NEVER said that; look at scum cayvie misquoting like a boss!" and then a ctrl-F showed me that it was ashersky you were quoting.  Somehow reading your post makes it sound/look like I made that quote.  You're forgiven, but please put names by quotes.
3: You should know that I don't give up on questions.  Answer this.
@cayvie
What do you actually think about the setup regarding # of factions/scum?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

I fixed your flavor so that the capital letters of the first paragraph spell "Nagini". You were almost there. Had to drop an H and add an I. But at first glance I thought I might've been on to something!

It warms my heart to see players looking at everything through the eyes of a conspiracy theorist.

Constant Vigilance!
Super whoa! That is some impressive vigilance!

@cayvie.  3 quick things
Yes, #3 refers to your use of three.  IPad abbreviating...

Shraeye was active other D1s, I recall.  Nothing strikes me as any different this game.

Nah, more along the lines of, I'm seriously wondering if shraeye, in particular, gets how D1 is different from subequent days.

I referred to the post where Cayvie made the joke, and said the three thing was scummy.  Watno did mention the self reference as being scummy, not the joke.  I agree with Watno that the inclusion of self makes it seem scummier.  In fact, I might not have noticed if Cayvie had listed three others.  Would have been more jokey.

What? That would be a terrible joke!

"i've found these three scum, and they're Robz, jotheonah, and shraeye!"

that's indistinguishable from a baseless accusation. The fact that I was included in the list is what makes it a joke at all!
1:Maybe I do get how D1 is different from subsequent days, and maybe I don't.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to test your theory this game.  How do you find day 1 different from subsequent days and, more importantly, what caused you to bring this up now?
2: That second quote is from ashersky.  I read your post at first and was like "I NEVER said that; look at scum cayvie misquoting like a boss!" and then a ctrl-F showed me that it was ashersky you were quoting.  Somehow reading your post makes it sound/look like I made that quote.  You're forgiven, but please put names by quotes.
3: You should know that I don't give up on questions.  Answer this.
@cayvie
What do you actually think about the setup regarding # of factions/scum?

What do I actually think? I have no idea. I suspect that the 4 dementors are scum, but I don't know.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

About question 1, I dunno, I'm just pushing around theories in my head to figure out what seems weird about your play.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile

I think nolynch is not quite as bad as in a regular game, but we should still try to avoid it. For sure we shouldn't decide to do it early in the day, since we lose even more information that way.

I dont think a Robz lynch will lead us, I rather have the feeling people are trying to get an easy wagon going.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I think nolynch is not quite as bad as in a regular game, but we should still try to avoid it. For sure we shouldn't decide to do it early in the day, since we lose even more information that way.

I dont think a Robz lynch will lead us, I rather have the feeling people are trying to get an easy wagon going.

This man has some good ideas.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

This man has some good ideas.

WhAT NO he doesn't...obvious pun had to be done.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

It's been pretty dead in here after Robz's game went to night, which is weird.

Robz, gun to you head, your top townreads and top scumreads?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Top townreads: ftl, Galzria

Top scum reads: Really don't have any, but ashersky is always a shady character to me

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Interesting, why Galzria? He is a huge noread to me, which is unusual considering his usual playstyle.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

He is behaving like typical Galzria here, and typical Galzria is town.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Grujah is opting not to sub in.  I have to run right now, but the call is out for replacements.  Spectators are not as chirpy as I'd like, though we may still find a replacement in there.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

I'm a little surprised I got no traction whatsoever against ftl earlier.

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Top scum reads: Really don't have any, but ashersky is always a shady character to me

Funny, you are the same for me.  I've always been town, regardless of your read, though, while you seem to flip mafia often.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Grujah is opting not to sub in.  I have to run right now, but the call is out for replacements.  Spectators are not as chirpy as I'd like, though we may still find a replacement in there.

Robz, this is your cue to get M-XI out of night phase so someone who was nightkilled there can sub in here  :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Funny, you are the same for me.  I've always been town, regardless of your read, though, while you seem to flip mafia often.
You don't feel like the town ashersky I know at all. Way too.. confident? I want to say cocky, but that sounds like I think you are obnoxious which is not true. Just.. feels like you know more than us mortals and can't hide it very well.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2012, 07:06:45 pm »

0/4 common rooms cleaned
0/10 beans consumed
3/12 cards missing
0/4 dementors defeated

Next Quidditch match is scheduled for Day 3 (Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin) but may be postponed if their common rooms have not been cleaned by that day.

So, some more flavor reading...fifteen of us in the game, right?  So how do we deal with beans and cards?  Some consensus that 4 dementors means 4 scum.  4 common rooms....I don't know, seems there is a lot buried in all this.  No clue how to read it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

You don't feel like the town ashersky I know at all. Way too.. confident? I want to say cocky, but that sounds like I think you are obnoxious which is not true. Just.. feels like you know more than us mortals and can't hide it very well.

Well, it is role madness, so I imagine we all know something, it is just about trying to figure out how we can best help the town and stop the mafia.  I haven't figured out how to figure out who the bad guys are yet.  Not getting to many strong reads yet, unfortunately, either way.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Robz, this is your cue to get M-XI out of night phase so someone who was nightkilled there can sub in here  :)

He's locked it until Monday! Who gives 5 day nights anyway?!? Psh.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.