Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 142732 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1350 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »

So I've recently started playing a series of ultra-hard bullet hell shooter games.

Why do I mention this?  Because I think their setting and characters might be perfect for some Role Madness mafia.

I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with the flavor and would be interested to discuss possible setups, but on the off chance someone is...

...I'm talking about Touhou Mafia.

Yes.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 07, 2013, 03:31:38 pm »

Uh-oh...

Wibbly Wobbly is almost over...

I am not in NMIV...

I am not in KCGM...

I am modding the next game in line so won't be playing in it...

When will I be able to play mafia again???

<in before Monster Madness Mafia (I know the setup, so I can't signup) and BMIX (I just can't do BM. I can barely handle RMM, sorry mail-mi...)>

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 07, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »

Uh-oh...

I am not in NMIV...

I am not in KCGM...

<in before Monster Madness Mafia (I know the setup, so I can't signup) and BMIX (I just can't do BM. I can barely handle RMM, sorry mail-mi...)>

Isn't efhw's blitz game still doing signups?  Could you handle blitz right now, even on an off-week?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »

Uh-oh...

I am not in NMIV...

I am not in KCGM...

Isn't efhw's blitz game still doing signups?  Could you handle blitz right now, even on an off-week?

During an off week I could. But my on week is coming up starting Tuesday... so maybe a week from now we can try that out.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2013, 04:12:22 pm »

XLI will be entirely dominion themed. There will be a card for every role.
I have done it! A card for every role (took like 3 hours in 3 nights). It will be called Donald's Greater Idea Mafia
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:51 pm »

I have done it! A card for every role (took like 3 hours in 3 nights). It will be called Donald's Greater Idea Mafia

Have you looked at cayvie's Arcana games (MIX & MXVIII)? She kinda took the same approach to her design of that game as the Greater Idea Mafia, but used Tarot cards instead. I know you mentioned that in using this concept you would try and adjust the setup if what you role was imbalanced. I believe her first game reflected a pretty good semblance of balance whereas her second game did not. They might help give you an idea of whether a setup that you role is balanced or not.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:16 pm »

Has anyone else seen Heroes? Because that would be the best theme for a RMM game ever.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 07, 2013, 04:54:04 pm »

Have you looked at cayvie's Arcana games (MIX & MXVIII)? She kinda took the same approach to her design of that game as the Greater Idea Mafia, but used Tarot cards instead. I know you mentioned that in using this concept you would try and adjust the setup if what you role was imbalanced. I believe her first game reflected a pretty good semblance of balance whereas her second game did not. They might help give you an idea of whether a setup that you role is balanced or not.
Yeah I've looked at both. And Robz' complaints of the lack of balance in game 2.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 07, 2013, 07:18:23 pm »

Yeah I've looked at both. And Robz' complaints of the lack of balance in game 2.

To be fair to cayvie, only the losing teams complained about balance.  I think the bigger issue was that the VTs knew how many VTs there were, so mafia were caught when they fakeclaimed.  That was the real issue with MAII.  It may have been a bit slanted toward scum, but no more than DS9 was.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 07, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »

I know you can't play BMIX, that one's already over.

Join BMXIII!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 07, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »

I know this is getting annoying, but we just need 1 (probably 2) more for Shadows Over Camelot! We're so close! It's gonna be so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »

I know this is getting annoying, but we just need 1 (probably 2) more for Shadows Over Camelot! We're so close! It's gonna be so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, join the game so these annoying reminders won't pop up anymore!  ;)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 07, 2013, 09:32:08 pm »

So, join the game so these annoying reminders won't pop up anymore!  ;)
^^ this.

Jimwithfivems

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 07, 2013, 09:33:38 pm »

Can I play?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 07, 2013, 09:35:49 pm »

Can I play?
Hmm... I must consult with Archetype.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 07, 2013, 09:36:05 pm »

Can I play?
By the way, +1 to your username.

ashersky2

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 07, 2013, 09:47:33 pm »

Can I play?

I'll play, too.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 07, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »

To be fair to cayvie, only the losing teams complained about balance.  I think the bigger issue was that the VTs knew how many VTs there were, so mafia were caught when they fakeclaimed.  That was the real issue with MAII.  It may have been a bit slanted toward scum, but no more than DS9 was.

MAI also had, like, roughly three thousand vigs.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 07, 2013, 11:32:56 pm »

MAI also had, like, roughly three thousand vigs.
Come on voltgloss..... you know you want to /in to BMXIII...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 08, 2013, 12:20:53 am »

JUST ONE MORE! JUST ONE! VOLTS, DSELL, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 08, 2013, 12:22:30 am »

JUST ONE MORE! JUST ONE! VOLTS, DSELL, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!
Well, I would prefer having 2 more, because i'd rather not have 2 of Jimmmm, but if no one else wants to, then we just need 1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 14, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

Put me in the queue for a normal game. I want to explore the concept of having different scum teams have their night kills--and all actions for that matter--occur before the other team's and before town's.

It will be an open setup and will be League of Justice (and other Superheroes) themed.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 14, 2013, 08:31:54 pm »

Put me in the queue for a normal game. I want to explore the concept of having different scum teams have their night kills--and all actions for that matter--occur before the other team's and before town's.

It will be an open setup and will be League of Justice (and other Superheroes) themed.
:)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:07 am »

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 15, 2013, 12:45:49 am »

Woo!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.