Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 117455 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 2!
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2021, 02:07:02 pm »

Can I be IC now?

Lol, you want to be IC from not knowing the setup? Aren't you the one that is always against using this as a townslip?
I don't think I am?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2021, 02:10:51 pm »

Faust, you said that you'd prefer we don't exile either of MiX or Ash.  Is there any reason why that you can share right now?
But also, there is like for sure scum off the mathdude wagon, yes? Scum doesn't just pile all of their resources onto a terrible-looking misexile?

The only unflipped people there are you, gkrieg, Space. So assuming you are town, you should believe that there is scum to find here, and I think you townread Space.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2021, 02:30:24 pm »

Faust, you said that you'd prefer we don't exile either of MiX or Ash.  Is there any reason why that you can share right now?
But also, there is like for sure scum off the mathdude wagon, yes? Scum doesn't just pile all of their resources onto a terrible-looking misexile?

The only unflipped people there are you, gkrieg, Space. So assuming you are town, you should believe that there is scum to find here, and I think you townread Space.

Terrible? I thought all the cool kids were hoping on math's wagon.

Thank you!

Okay, so why don’t we exile Ash now? In at least two of those options, he’s bad for town.

Please join me on the ash wagon.

If I'm understanding MiX correctly, the best-case scenario is that ash is lying town.

EAL.

vote: ashersky

I'm a sucker for the sweet talk, Joth.

It's because gkrieg is scum.

What if I told you. That they are both scum. Wow, right? Sometimes the game is that easy.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2021, 02:50:21 pm »

I'm glad MiX could come up with some explanation of ash's behavior, because I was very perplexed. I don't completely agree, but I'm starting to see some value in not exiling either of them.

Please, for the love of the mafia gods, articulate that value for us dunces over here that still think we should be exiling people we think are scum.
Ok. I'm realizing I'm probably wrong anyway. I was thinking that ash was trying to protect MiX by creating WIFOM about who was the real vig.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2021, 03:17:11 pm »

Vote Count 2.4:

faust (2): SpaceAnenome, Ashersky
Ashersky (2): Joth, MiX
gkrieg (1): faust
MiX (1): Dylan32
EFHW (1): WestCoastDidds
Not Voting (2): EFHW, gkrieg

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Exile.
Day 2 ends Saturday, March 6th at 5:55pm Forum Time.

* Answers to questions asked found below:

1. When the Traitor PM went out, that player was informed who the Mafia was.

2. A Traitor in this game CAN be recruited via a Mafia Night Kill.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:46:05 pm by Swowl »
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2021, 03:36:18 pm »

Vote: ash, I think I was already voting there, but.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2021, 03:46:08 pm »

Vote: ash, I think I was already voting there, but.

missed it, but you were on ash. vc is fixed.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2021, 03:52:37 pm »

Hmmm... I had been so caught up in trying to figure out what was going on with the traitor, I forgot to look back at the EOD. Yeah, I’m finding space pretty towny.

Vote: gkrieg
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2021, 04:54:03 pm »

I think this logic assumes that the mafia know the traitor, because otherwise having the two mafia on-wagon with a traitor that was already on wagon is not a ridiculous idea.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2021, 04:54:43 pm »

vote: EFHW

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2021, 04:55:21 pm »

Also faust has a history of reading me incorrectly and pushing for my misexile, as do I with incorrectly pushing his.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2021, 04:58:56 pm »

What did I start? A meaningless day 1 wagon?

Oh I actually thought it was a good wagon before you called it meaningless. Let’s start a meaningful one. Vote: joth

Votes joth early as kind of an after-RVS vote. Makes me lean scummier on joth.

Is it just me, or did you say you thought joth was scummy because mcmc voted for him early, and then do a full 180 and agree with me that it actually makes joth seem townier, given that I can't find evidence of mcmc bussing during d1 in any recent scumgames?

In contrast to my scumpoint allocation for faust and Dylan, I think joth gets an allocation of townpoints, because looking back at a few of mcmc's prior scum-games, he's really not one to bus D1.

Yup, agree with Space here.

PPE 1

Yes, I do a complete 180. I agree that mcmc doesn't bus early, and joth is the only person that mcmc really votes for and interacts with D1. I think that makes joth more likely to be town, which is cemented by your pointing out that mcmc doesn't usually bus D1 in his recent games.
Actually, what you do is more like a complete 360, since this post comes after:

Leaning scummy on faust, joth, and EFHW.

True, I don't think joth has done other townie things even though the mcmc stuff give him town points.
So when you said you did a complete 180 you were lying? Good to know.

You have to have done a 180 to do a 360 :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2021, 04:59:17 pm »

I’ll bite.

I am counter-claiming MiX.

vote: faust

Vote: ash

I mean you did claim role cop...

I really think it’s better to find the other mafia member, don’t you?

Especially interesting because ash is not really in any danger of being exiled, so why would he counterclaim, especially so late.
It was actually his first post since the claim.

Didn't realize that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2021, 04:59:51 pm »

Can I be IC now?

Lol, you want to be IC from not knowing the setup? Aren't you the one that is always against using this as a townslip?
I don't think I am?

Must be mixing you up with someone else.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »

Is this your case against me? I'm the scum with mcmc that decided to stay off-wagon? It was a quick exile, you really think that the two scum didn't both end up on the mathdude wagon?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2021, 05:26:07 pm »

For you, faust, why is a 1 in 3 shot better than a 1 in 2 shot? For WCD, why is a 1 in 2 based on wagon analysis better than a 1 in 2 based on conflicting claims?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 03, 2021, 05:27:59 pm »

For you, faust, why is a 1 in 3 shot better than a 1 in 2 shot? For WCD, why is a 1 in 2 based on wagon analysis better than a 1 in 2 based on conflicting claims?

For you, gkrieg, why is a 1 in 6 shot better than a 1 in 2 shot?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2021, 05:28:46 pm »

For you, gkrieg, why is a 1 in 6 shot better than a 1 in 2 shot?

Lol. Ignore me. Carry on.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2021, 05:46:09 pm »

Just to be sure -- <b>Would a vigged traitor be recruited instead of dying?</b>
Is this post a scumslip and a townslip at the same time?

There is no way for a Traitor to be recruited after game start, right?

I asked a related question in my QT a few days ago, so I assume that's why I used QT code by mistake. I thought it was part of the traitor role that if they are nk'd they get recruited instead of dying. Is that just in some games?

I asked a similar thing in my QT a few days ago, and was told that in order for the traitor to get recruited, it had to happen in the pre-game, and that they could not be recruited at night by being targeted by their actual mafia buddies.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2021, 06:03:36 pm »

Also, I m ow it’s not as flashy as claims and counterclaims, but I did the work and re-read t
Yesterday and came up with a fairly good case on ash. Isn’t anyone going to comment on it?

I was initially going to make a post disagreeing with it, but then I tried to lay out my reasoning and it was flawed, so that post didn't happen.

I think there is probably cause for scum to want to encourage the mathdude wagon to build, and unfortunately newbies don't know how to act in ways that the community doesn't scumread. It's a learning curve for everyone, and I think scum could easily have been capitalising on that. I had thought that since MiX was being so infuriatingly earnestly anti-town, it was just too obvious that scum should be following whatever the not-MiX wagon was, because a town!MiX playing like that is just a gift to scum. However, it turns out that the MiX wagon wasn't a big enough competitor to mathdude for that to be useful to scum at the points in the game where you were pointing out that Ash was slowly coaxing people onto mathdude.

I'm not sure what to make of Ash's counterclaim. Honestly, I believe he's up to something that involves lying to town, but it's hard to say whether he's trying to do it in an anti-town way, because it's kind of a hallmark of town!ash play that he's try to concoct a clever scheme that relies on brazenly lying about something with good intentions because he wants to do something wacky and claim MVP. Usually I strongly disagree with such methods, because they're never exactly evidence-based. And sure, I'd probably be at least a bit tempted for a policy vote on Ash just for the lie, but equally then why not policy-vote MiX for the way he handled the EoD1?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2021, 06:05:51 pm »

Just to be sure -- <b>Would a vigged traitor be recruited instead of dying?</b>
Is this post a scumslip and a townslip at the same time?

There is no way for a Traitor to be recruited after game start, right?

I asked a related question in my QT a few days ago, so I assume that's why I used QT code by mistake. I thought it was part of the traitor role that if they are nk'd they get recruited instead of dying. Is that just in some games?

I asked a similar thing in my QT a few days ago, and was told that in order for the traitor to get recruited, it had to happen in the pre-game, and that they could not be recruited at night by being targeted by their actual mafia buddies.

I am squashing this right now.
Space asked this question in Version 1.0 and I incorrectly answered them. The Mafia Traitor can either be recruited via pre game selection or Mafia Night Kill.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2021, 06:11:34 pm »

--the rest of the post is not required--

why not policy-vote MiX for the way he handled the EoD1?

As a PR, I think I handled D1 well: there were exactly 2 wagons, one on me and one on the other person, they died instead of me, and my PR was of greater utility than theirs could ever be. The only reason math was hammered is because scum got in my way, and they paid the price. The way EoD1 would've gone is: math claims, people back off, people go for me, I redirect them to another wagon, we 1v1 me and that wagon, then we exile that wagon (even if I have to claim in the process). Saying there was a better thing for me to do is having the hindsight (and math's flip) that I couldn't have in EoD1.

With that out of the way, I'm sure we can agree that voting ash and voting me are 2 very different things? I'm claiming a PR and I have no real counterclaims, ash is executing a plan, something he said D1 that he would rather not be known for, this is much more consistent with scum!ash. Unless you think he can be Vig? If so, why?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2021, 06:15:52 pm »

Also, I m ow it’s not as flashy as claims and counterclaims, but I did the work and re-read t
Yesterday and came up with a fairly good case on ash. Isn’t anyone going to comment on it?

I was initially going to make a post disagreeing with it, but then I tried to lay out my reasoning and it was flawed, so that post didn't happen.

I think there is probably cause for scum to want to encourage the mathdude wagon to build, and unfortunately newbies don't know how to act in ways that the community doesn't scumread. It's a learning curve for everyone, and I think scum could easily have been capitalising on that. I had thought that since MiX was being so infuriatingly earnestly anti-town, it was just too obvious that scum should be following whatever the not-MiX wagon was, because a town!MiX playing like that is just a gift to scum. However, it turns out that the MiX wagon wasn't a big enough competitor to mathdude for that to be useful to scum at the points in the game where you were pointing out that Ash was slowly coaxing people onto mathdude.

I'm not sure what to make of Ash's counterclaim. Honestly, I believe he's up to something that involves lying to town, but it's hard to say whether he's trying to do it in an anti-town way, because it's kind of a hallmark of town!ash play that he's try to concoct a clever scheme that relies on brazenly lying about something with good intentions because he wants to do something wacky and claim MVP. Usually I strongly disagree with such methods, because they're never exactly evidence-based. And sure, I'd probably be at least a bit tempted for a policy vote on Ash just for the lie, but equally then why not policy-vote MiX for the way he handled the EoD1?

Actually this bolded part's important: I wasn't trying to look scummy on purpose. Maybe when I voted math, but not before. You were the ones that made me the math alternative, not me, you have the timeline wrong, scum didn't vote on math to jump on the not-MiX wagon, they were already there...well, I guess EFHW did vote math while my wagon was growing, but no one else did.

This is important because you won't vote ash if you think his situation is comparable to mine, so please, talk more about how I play the EoD1, I assure you I was trying to be pro-town as best I could.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2021, 06:25:15 pm »

I am squashing this right now.
Space asked this question in Version 1.0 and I incorrectly answered them. The Mafia Traitor can either be recruited via pre game selection or Mafia Night Kill.

Wow, okay! Sorry if I stepped close to a line there! I was being really careful not to talk about v1, but it honestly hadn't occurred to me that the clarifications I'd gathered for v1 wouldn't be the same for v2, so I'd been assuming the potential traitor in this current game also couldn't be recruited. My bad :-(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2021, 06:53:59 pm »

As a PR, I think I handled D1 well: there were exactly 2 wagons, one on me and one on the other person, they died instead of me, and my PR was of greater utility than theirs could ever be. The only reason math was hammered is because scum got in my way, and they paid the price. The way EoD1 would've gone is: math claims, people back off, people go for me, I redirect them to another wagon, we 1v1 me and that wagon, then we exile that wagon (even if I have to claim in the process). Saying there was a better thing for me to do is having the hindsight (and math's flip) that I couldn't have in EoD1.

It's not "having the hindsight" when I said in the post immediately following mathdude's partial claim that actually, he really needed to full-claim and we needed to give people the chance to counterclaim him. You were the one who jumped to the incorrect conclusion that he was trying to counterclaim your PR and made the traitor accusation as a panicked response. If you'd had the patience to let him claim his role, you would have seen there wasn't a reason to immediately accuse him. The deadline was not even very imminent at that point, and one of the reasons your wagon was at 5 votes was that people who didn't want to exile mathdude (e.g. Robz) were voting for you in opposition. I think there's every chance that scum would have diverted public opinion onto a VT (or other town PR?) instead of you as the mathdude wagon waned, particularly because I think scum is quite happy to keep you alive looking scummy.

With that out of the way, I'm sure we can agree that voting ash and voting me are 2 very different things? I'm claiming a PR and I have no real counterclaims, ash is executing a plan, something he said D1 that he would rather not be known for, this is much more consistent with scum!ash. Unless you think he can be Vig? If so, why?

No, as I said, I think your vig claim makes the most sense, particularly because I do think you'd be carrying exactly the sort of bias you exhibited with assuming that mathdude was going to claim vig just because you're vig, and I don't think mafia!you or traitor!you would have been quite so primed to do that.

My equating you and Ash is simply that I think both of you are doing anti-town things in the intention of doing something good for town that is simultaneously quite selfish in the way that it tends to concentrate the power and information into a small number of hands (yours or Ash's). In your case, that's lying to town about thinking mathdude was the traitor, and generally posting even more noise and half-baked theories in-thread than usual in an attempt to look less townie so you're not on scum's radar. In Ash's case, it's making a big bold role claim that's almost certainly a lie to town, but probably gives him some advantage, like surviving longer in the game and getting better PoE or something. You may well both be town, but both of those things involve misleading other townies, and other townies are generally a bit miffed about being misled, so I think it's fully reasonable to want to put down a policy vote against either of you.

I mean, sure, maybe Ash is just scum looking to make the game interesting, in which case it's undeniably pro-town to vote for him, but actually I kind of lean against that just because we really do see this kind of stuff from town!ash, nice though it would be to have a simple scum!ash case to trust in.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.