Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233386 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 6 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #1550 on: August 10, 2012, 01:36:43 am »

Oh yeah, sorry.

Basically, you can choose up to three people plus yourself and switch roles along a line, as in Dsell<--Cayvie<--Insomniac<--Axxle<--Dsell. Roles pass in the direction of the arrow. You can't win as long as you have masquerade in your possession, though, even if you hit 10 vp or something (I think). So it's an incentive to use it.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 10, 2012, 02:00:52 am »

I don't really know where to go from here. The last couple days we've had a fairly steady stream of craziness to keep discussion going, but here we don't have much. I am really pleased that Ironworks is gone and happy to have called out Tables, but that doesn't do anything to help us today. I would like to hear from Jo again, I guess, but actually he is looking more suspicious to me. I couldn't put my finger on it yesterday but he just seems opportunistic to me, jumping all over me when I was acting (admittedly) weird, and of course he drove the Timchen wagon, and although Timchen was being way scummy that did make him an easy target (something like morgrim). I know this probably looks like OMGUS but hey, I was an easy target yesterday and he was all over me, so of course I noticed. I am still suspicious of Volt, Insom, and Eevee but those are based on really early things (Grujah lynch and role/roleclaim, respectively).

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 10, 2012, 04:15:49 am »

This is lynch or lose, isn't it.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 10, 2012, 05:06:48 am »

This is lynch or lose, isn't it.

It isn't, because everyone has a power role and the Mafia can't outright kill every night...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 5 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #1554 on: August 10, 2012, 08:13:29 am »

When my role changed, there was some flavor within the PM.  There is more, but that is the relevant stuff for now.

Ability: [redacted], you would be immune to alignment investigation; you would appear to belong to the Deck... except you actually do belong to the Deck.  How peculiar.  And you don't feel particularly [redacted] either, though your forebears certainly must have.

To me, this suggests the person who had this role before me was curse/not deck.  Could Galz have gotten it from me without including me in his cult?  I dunno.  But he got it somehow because he died with it.  My theory is that he obtained it from a curse aligned cult member who swapped roles with me.

This is the post that got sharky killed. It seems pretty obvious that the role he inherited (which I think is also the one he died with, Noble Brigand) originally belonged to a scummy person.

So what I've been trying to accomplish is figuring out who that person is. I got confused, because I didn't realize the Trader role moved around more than once.

But in order to catch nearly guaranteed scum, Dsell, we need to know whose role you gave to shark_bait, if you targeted him. Otherwise, we need to reconstruct the Masquerade chain for Night 1. That's harder because so many people have died already. But that's where we need to go next.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 10, 2012, 12:58:57 pm »

I didn't target him.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:33 pm »

Ok, then it was night 1 after all. Now we need to collate the people who have claimed re: Night 1 role change. With any luck we can reconstruct the chain. DO people agree this is a good way to hunt scum? I sort of feel like it's been pulling teeth to make it happen.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 10, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »

Not sure if I ever said but my role has never changed

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 10, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »

How can you be sure, jo? You had masq night 3 and I had it night 4, was it night 2 that it ended up in the trash? But it could have still gone through him.

Is it possible that he changed night 0?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:19 pm »

There is a person who can tell us definitively which night this went down.

Yes my role changed I became the trader that shark_bait lost

Insomniac, when was this? Are you comfortable telling us what you were before? How is it that you're now Black Market?

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: August 10, 2012, 01:52:21 pm »

There is a person who can tell us definitively which night this went down.

Yes my role changed I became the trader that shark_bait lost

Insomniac, when was this? Are you comfortable telling us what you were before? How is it that you're now Black Market?

I was Masquerade at the start of the game, I wasn't comfortable claiming it because people thought it was a scummy role and well my beleif is that there is 2 masquerades because the one in the trash came out and I know masquerade can do that.

Anyways the first night I stole shark_baits role because well I didn't wan't masquerade I can't win with it (even if the town wins I wouldn't have won with them) So I decided to give it away and kept quiet because I didn't want to get it back.

The very next night my role shifted again to Black Market and it hasn't changed since. Now that that's out in the open though that I am black market I have no idea if my role will dissapear again. Should I be more open about this in the future since most roles are out there now?

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 10, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »

Did you target anyone else the first night, or did you just trade with shark_bait?

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:12 pm »

Sure thing jo.

Night 1
Insomniac<--Shark_bait<--timchen<--Insom

I saw shark_baits day 1 +vp talk with robz and thought I could verify his claim. When I recieved trader I noticed he wasn't telling the truth but he wasn't lying either so I didn't see the need to claim because it would tell cursers where roles had gone.  I knew that timchen had claimed monument so I was hoping SB would come out and claim if timchen was not monument, we know now that he wasn't so SB taking so long to reveal is curious especially since he recieved noble brigand.

This means night 2 timchen had monument if we accept cayvies claim that she was no longer black market after night 2 we can conclude
Night 2
timchen<--insom<--cayvie<--grujah<--timchen

Somewhere in nights 3 and 4 dsell got masq and masq came out of the trash. cayvie became mountebank and tables became young witch, galz became trader, timchen became ambassador.

So nights 3 and 4
Tables becomes young witch (previously cayvie)
Cayvie becomes mountebank (previously ???)
DSell became masq, and kept it, or? (previously grujah??)
Galz became trader
timchen recieved ambassador (and was trader so passed role to galz?)

Thats all I have right now.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »

i became mountebank night 3 to be precise
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

I can fill in the blank here, but it involves some limited claiming.

So the scum we catch with this exercise is ... timchen. Who flipped town. Dammit.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 10, 2012, 04:00:00 pm »

But I think your N2 is wrong. Grujah became Masquerade, hence it's showing up in the trash and YW disappearing.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

But I think your N2 is wrong. Grujah became Masquerade, hence it's showing up in the trash and YW disappearing.

Well no because after night 1 timchen is masq.

then he masquerades his role to grujah and grujahs role to cayvie whom claimed young witch. so i think thats correct?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 10, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

Insomniac, is trader limited to what you said the last page, or does it also involve role-trading? I wouldn't have expected what it actually does with a rolename of trader, but I would expect trading roles around.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 10, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »

Insomniac, is trader limited to what you said the last page, or does it also involve role-trading? I wouldn't have expected what it actually does with a rolename of trader, but I would expect trading roles around.

It's based on the card, it does only what I said it does. You target another player, any negative vp they incur is halved and you gain the rest as positive vp. You're in effect trashing half the vp and gaining the 'silver' (vp) equal to the -vp trashed. It works that night and during the following day.

There is no role switching.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:07 pm »

Blargh, I'm being criticized for not posting here.   :'(

Unfortunately, I don't have much time for this game or any other until Saturday night!

Happy to be out of the cult though. Can't believe Tables was part of it, too.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »

then he masquerades his role to grujah and grujahs role to cayvie whom claimed young witch. so i think thats correct?

If timchen is masq and he masqa his role to grujah, that makes grujah masq.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 10, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »

If timchen is masq and he masqa his role to grujah, that makes grujah masq.

that is what my night 2 says...
timchen passes masq to grujah,
grujah masses yw to cayvie
cayvie basses bm to me
I pass trader to timchen

Grujah became Masquerade, hence it's showing up in the trash and YW disappearing.
(emphasis mine)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »

Oh now I recalled that my role changed n2 and that was why I targeted cayvie. I started as a monument, remember? No I didn't lie so please don't kill me.

Nah, my role hasn't changed since the start either.

Oh sh*t. Insomniac's story directly contradicts timchen's claim.

We know timchen was town, and zero incentive to lie about this.

Vote: Insomniac

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

Insomniac is scum, and he's covering for a scumbuddy - whoever really started with NB. Guys this is huge.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »

Oh now I recalled that my role changed n2 and that was why I targeted cayvie. I started as a monument, remember? No I didn't lie so please don't kill me.

Nah, my role hasn't changed since the start either.

Oh sh*t. Insomniac's story directly contradicts timchen's claim.

We know timchen was town, and zero incentive to lie about this.

Vote: Insomniac

I could be lying, OR timchen the CONFIRMED REPEATING LIAR, was lying again.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.