Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233386 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 5 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #1325 on: August 04, 2012, 09:30:19 pm »

You're Tables. You take notes. Check them.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 04, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »

Perhaps this has already been covered, but if not here is something I was wondering about... (correct anything that might be incorrect as I am doing this more from memory than from going back and checking posts, I'll do that later if need be, but I am about to sleep and want to get this down)

Galz is apparently cult. Cults typically win by having 1/2 the town cult right? So does that include dead townspeople?

My main question is this.... If Galz's goal was to get 1/2 the town cult why was he ok with Robz being lynched? Wouldn't that lose him one cult member?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:57 am »

I haven't been taking notes this game. I really should have, but I didn't, thinking this game would be less serious. When I realised it wasn't, it was too late.

Also I did remember one thing. Someone (I can't remember who, might have been Cayvie?) asked if, as I have an Ironworks related clause in a second role PM, what if killing me releases the cultists? I think it's not a bad idea, but I doubt it'd work, and if it failed, town would be on the verge of losing to the next recruit. If I'm supposed to get some benefit from IW targeting me, and there's still someone leading IW, it doesn't really make sense for me being killed to be the trigger for their release.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 05, 2012, 10:47:43 am »

I haven't been taking notes this game. I really should have, but I didn't, thinking this game would be less serious. When I realised it wasn't, it was too late.

Also I did remember one thing. Someone (I can't remember who, might have been Cayvie?) asked if, as I have an Ironworks related clause in a second role PM, what if killing me releases the cultists? I think it's not a bad idea, but I doubt it'd work, and if it failed, town would be on the verge of losing to the next recruit. If I'm supposed to get some benefit from IW targeting me, and there's still someone leading IW, it doesn't really make sense for me being killed to be the trigger for their release.

It doesn't tell you what your special thing is just "if your targeted by ironworks something special might happen"?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 05, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

Ok, discussion has slowed to a halt. The cult has reason to believe we will be returned to the deck in due time without expending too much energy. 

Since none of us is currently scum-aligned, it makes sense to target a likely curser outside the cult.

timchen, as a known repeated liar, is an excellent policy lynch and also probably scum. Lynching timchen will end the day, giving us another exciting role madness night phase in which hopefully things will happen that will make the next course of action obvious.

Let's all just do it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 05, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »

Wait a minute, let's vote for tables instead.

He didn't take notes.

COuld that be because he's not scumhunting, because he's scum?

It sure could.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 05, 2012, 06:22:33 pm »

I'm going to vote for Eevee, because he is voting for me, and I don't know why.

Vote: Eevee
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 05, 2012, 06:28:21 pm »

I could also support the Eevee lynch, actually, though Robz I don't love your reasons.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 05, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »

That vote kind of got forgotten there, but the reasoning was.. what if your cult could still win, maybe you continue as the new leader after Galz died or something. But no one else seems concerned about it.

If you didnt know that, then you have not been reading. Which is super alarming, especially considering you are voting for people still.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 05, 2012, 06:34:49 pm »

That vote kind of got forgotten there, but the reasoning was.. what if your cult could still win, maybe you continue as the new leader after Galz died or something. But no one else seems concerned about it.

If you didnt know that, then you have not been reading. Which is super alarming, especially considering you are voting for people still.

Well as for the cult stuff, that's clearly not the case, and you didn't unvote me, or anything. So perhaps you have not been reading, and yet are still voting for people.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 05, 2012, 06:36:55 pm »

Well as for the cult stuff, that's clearly not the case, and you didn't unvote me, or anything. So perhaps you have not been reading, and yet are still voting for people.
Dont know how its all that clear ("because I said so" doesnt count), and I dont think it mattered all that much given you were like L-million.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 05, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »

yeah, this kind of fighting doesn't make either of you look great.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 05, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

Dont know how its all that clear ("because I said so" doesnt count), and I dont think it mattered all that much given you were like L-million.

Then why does it matter so much if I vote for you right now?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 05, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »

If my reason for not unvoting was "I didnt think it mattered enough to post", clearly you cant use the same reason for voting.  ;) Unvote though, I guess you are not the best lynch today anyways.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 05, 2012, 06:51:27 pm »

I don't know what would happen if Ironworks recruited me. All I know is it would be good for me if it did. I tried to shoehorn the word Ironworks in once or twice on day one, to try and get that player's (Galz, or whoever the IW is now) attention but mostly I forgot about it, I was mostly more concerned with the main part of my role.

I'm not concerned about Robz being cult, but, I just kinda doubt that he's the other leader. In this case it kinda has to come down to the other Ironwork's judgement, I think, but eh. I also don't think town are going to lose once cult hits 50%, because as I said, this isn't a normal cult (and normal cults are broken anyway). I reckon they probably needed 75% or so, and eHalc hadn't imagined the recruits fighting back so vehmently. I doubt Galz did either, even though it does seem the sensible thing to do.

Hey... what if... considering people can win multiple times and whatnot, what if the way cultists get released is after the cult wins? At that point maybe the leader leaves the game, having won, and everyone else continues on their way? I guess we can't rely on either of these being the case, but if either was, the cult would be a smaller issue...

I've looked over the player list, and I think my biggest scumread early was Imsomniac, for being so aggressive towards Grujah, and generally not doing anything since then that I recall as being town sided. I'm not going to throw a vote out right away, because I don't fancy giving him -2 VPs immediately, but... well, I might have to do some rereading of his posts at some point.

Oh and the reason I didn't take notes is, well, I didn't expect this to be a serious game. It's still not AS serious a game, with a heck of a lot more emphasis on roles (which I have very little control over and little ability to record). On top of that, I only joined the game because eHalc asked me to as a sub, so I wasn't intending to pour my all into the game. As scum, I would be a lot more inclined to take notes than as town. As town, you can easily find someone to FoS because you find them suspicious, and it's genuine. As scum, you need some kind of evidence to back yourself up, otherwise you can't make a case stick, and you need some way to record things you've seen and paint them in a bad light. Ergo, a record of what's been said is even more important. So... that's two reasons and an... argument(?) as to why I haven't taken notes.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:47 pm »

If my reason for not unvoting was "I didnt think it mattered enough to post", clearly you cant use the same reason for voting.  ;) Unvote though, I guess you are not the best lynch today anyways.

Then we shall be friends. Unvote

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »

So you only voted me to get me unvote you? Isnt that.. ugh.. like.. not very town-like behaviour? Or did I do something to convince you during our chat?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »

So you only voted me to get me unvote you? Isnt that.. ugh.. like.. not very town-like behaviour? Or did I do something to convince you during our chat?

I voted for you because you had a lone, ugly, baseless vote on me. Now you don't. So I unvoted.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 05, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »

So... that's two reasons and an... argument(?) as to why I haven't taken notes.

You're right. That IS an awful lot of response to a single, half-serious accusation.  ;)

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »

is there a reason timchen is still alive?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

his scumbuddies won't vote for him?

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 05, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

cmon jo get your daychat church group together and help lynch this guy
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 05, 2012, 09:07:33 pm »

Because I am deck and in your hearts you all know it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:56 pm »

Because I am deck and in your hearts you all know it.

lol

if you were deck, the scum would be all over this lynch

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 05, 2012, 09:16:48 pm »

his scumbuddies won't vote for him?

Isnt someone being hard to lynch in all seriousness sort of an indicator of scumminess? Scum should be harder to lynch unless they bus each other like madmen?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.