Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269247 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #3025 on: March 06, 2013, 05:36:04 pm »

Here's the Spec QT, which is long but really walks things through since I figured all the scum fairly early:

http://www.quicktopic.com/49/H/eSGUR3pRJtP

I think it's fairly in depth actually.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 06, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »

Yuma, I have to say you did a great job. Even when I was certain that you were scum, I wasn't certain. My confusion was totally genuine. I did still believe it could be lio. Of course, I had the benefit of knowing that Galz had a weird component to his role, where he would have turned up SK if investigated by the SK cop. I thought maybe lio had some weird thing where he was immune to other investigations, but would also turn up positive in that respect or something.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:46 pm »

^sucks

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »

yuma did you ever use your bus-driving power?

yes I bused ash and munch night 2

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 06, 2013, 06:15:07 pm »

yuma, did you fake the marquis and the accidentally sending stuff to jtotheonah? maybe you accidentally sent the KILL there two...

marquis was purely an accident. sending the PM was a complete lie... and one that I think was a bit on the creative side if I don't mind saying so myself. I had wanted to use it even later... but it looked like I was about to become the impending lynch so I wanted to use it to move the conversation away a bit. Didn't work quite as well as I had hoped... but o well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: March 06, 2013, 06:17:18 pm »

So obviously, I shot theorel.

That was the night yuma claimed to be roleblocked, and since neither I nor mcmc were roleblockers, I knew there was another maquis still alive (either yuma himself, or someone who blocked him).

I didn't kill the next night because if I did, there would have been two kills.. an obvious indication that there were still scum from both teams, and I thought, obviously I would be correctly pinned ad the last MU.

Last night, I thought yuma would kill lio in hopes that he and Jimm could lynch me. I shot Jimm expecting to share the win with yuma's team.

Killing anyone--I really didn't think there was another scum team, I mean I thought there might be but just doubted it--would have been pretty much suicidal I thought. Because it would have resulted in the same problem as today.

"Yuma why didn't you use your L-Rod and die, that way we would know Robz is the last remaining scum."

"Um.... I didn't think it was necessary since why would scum night kill."

"That is a bad explanation. Obviously you killed someone so we will lynch you."

I thought I had a better chance of Jimmmm convincing lio to vote Robz instead.

But mostly I have deemed myself dead from day4 on and can't believe I lived as long as I did.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »

I'm just glad my short-lived D1 interactions didn't go to waste for my team in the end.

Liopoil, 3 nights ago Yuma didn't kill. 2 nights ago Robz didn't. Last night Yuma didn't.

Honestly, neither side played the last few days particularly optimally... But you really didn't have much choice in what to do. Yesterday had to be no-lynch or (more ideally) town lynch. Today had to be no-lynch.  And the way it broke down with alternating NK's there wasn't any way for you to come to that conclusion.

FWIW I was rooting for an "everybody dies" scenario, although I'm happy to have won.

I did not play optimally.

List of things that hurt me:

Night1 - night killing Galz. My suggestion of killing him was more based on the idea that he could either be scum or a really good townie player. But obviously another choice may have been better. (not as important as the other mistakes I think)

Night2 - getting suckered into NKing shraeye. If that was intentionally done, well done! You deserve major props for that.

Night3 - going after dsell... This turned the tide of the game. It just killed my morale and I wanted to just quit... That and losing TheMunch the same night... as a result I didn't put enough thought into my claim, which ended up having me claim 1-shot LR--which is the worst role in the entire world. Seriously.

Day4 - claiming Lrod was bad. I needed a better claim and I had prepared myself to claim Maquis cop to out the cop, but at that point themunch was dead and so I couldn't fake claim that as it would have resulted in my team being dead.

Night4 - no kill. This was necessary because of my claim. I wanted there to be no night kill via a Jimmmm doctoring of theorel and then I could claim Lrod in usage. But for that to happen I needed to no kill.

I don't regret killing ash nor do I regret no killing last night--that was essential form my perspective last night even though I could have won. I also do not regret bussing Glooble hard. He was scummy and deserved a lynch. Robz--do you remember early day1 when you called out my entire team for lurking... that sucked having a team of lurkers was guaranteed to attract attention, although I tried my hardest to dispel myself of that stigma.

Final thoughts:

Obvious play is obvious play. Robz saved his parter at a time when he absolutely had to do so.

I was fully expecting the players to be down to me, robz and jimmmmm day5. but when only one night kill occurred I thought I was the only player. In that situation I didn't know who would be scum, jimmmm or robz. But I felt that I would just vote one or the other and hope that the other scum would hammer and we could share the victory. But Robz not killing appeared to be the right choice.

I am never playing in another multiscum game (SK doesn't count)... This is why. Mafia is supposed to have two things going for it. 1. knowledge and 2. a greater control over night kills. Both of these features are significantly lessened in a multiscum game. I am not saying this game wasn't balanced. It was good enough and joth did a good job I think. It is that I don't like it as much. It is too much of the game that is out of my control. (Just like I don't like Dominion games with Colonies).

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: March 06, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

I cant believe robz tracker lie held up for the entire game!!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: March 06, 2013, 07:18:57 pm »

mostly this game was exhausting... more exhausting than any other game I have ever played. I hated the false hope of winning the game day after day after day only to consistently realize that I had no chance. I don't know. Maybe Robz felt the same way. But from the time themunch was NK I felt like my chances of winning were never greater than 10% and it just got to the point where it was so exhausting to try and fight for that small of a margin.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: March 06, 2013, 08:08:20 pm »

I can't either! When I did it, I sent a PM to Joth saying "This is suicide, but I have to risk it, I can't lose both my partners by the end of Day 2."

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: March 06, 2013, 08:10:06 pm »

mostly this game was exhausting... more exhausting than any other game I have ever played. I hated the false hope of winning the game day after day after day only to consistently realize that I had no chance. I don't know. Maybe Robz felt the same way. But from the time themunch was NK I felt like my chances of winning were never greater than 10% and it just got to the point where it was so exhausting to try and fight for that small of a margin.

It was exhausting, but I sure had a lot of fun. I was acting more stressed and furious that I actually was. I was having fun. Of course, I did think I had a good chance of winning the whole way through. I was most worried yesterday that yuma, Jimm, and lio would agree to lynch me and that would be it... but see, I was emboldened by knowing that one of them was scum, I just had to figure out who that was and directed it to them. So I think my position was more self-encouraging than yuma's. I still say you played well, yuma. I really didn't think you were scum until literally there was no other explanation.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: March 06, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

Of course, this goes to show that my reads are generally bad. And you guys think it's scummy for me to say my reads are bad? It's the truth!!!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

And if there was ever any doubt... I am sooo much better at playing scum than I am town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »

I can't either! When I did it, I sent a PM to Joth saying "This is suicide, but I have to risk it, I can't lose both my partners by the end of Day 2."

Your strongest asset in that was Yuma doing such a god job of disassociating himself with the Maquis, such that if he were scum, being MU (and performing our team kill that night in place of mcmc) became much more viable.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »

Your strongest asset in that was Yuma doing such a god job of disassociating himself with the Maquis, such that if he were scum, being MU (and performing our team kill that night in place of mcmc) became much more viable.

Yeah, I was just always discounting him as MU--since I knew he wasn't--and then I had to kind of do a back flip when I realized, "Shit, they think he's MU."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: March 06, 2013, 08:27:08 pm »

It's been soooo long since I've won a game.

I can take a few things away from this game. I was right about Cuzz being Town. I pinned mcmc as scum Day 1. He just didn't feel right for a first-time Townie. I correctly said Robz and mcmc were on the same team. The thing I'm kicking myself over is that I should have known from joth's worrying about game balance that there were still 2 scum left. But really, how could I organise my own lynch knowing there was a chance I was throwing the game away?

Also, Cuzz was a reasonable Day 1 lynch even if I disagreed, but Eevee and Dsell were baaaad lynches.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:47 pm »

I do think this was one of my better town games.  I caught scum on the night I died, but that was too late, I think.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:40 pm »

just read MU QT.

man this game was insane. There actually were quite a few hints that they were both scum. I mean, I would have lynched robz or Yuma in a heartbeat if the other wasn't also incredibly scummy. And after Jimmmmmm died N6 it was obvious that Yuma was scum. I got all excited and was like whooo, I can lynch scum and win and stuff! No townie in this game ever really seriously considered the possibility of 6 scum, so I didn't think it through all the way once it became a possibility. I didn't realize that a lot of odd scum actions could be explained by one scum knowing there was still another scum.

personally I don't mind multi-ball. However, I think it would be much better with at least a semi-open setup (e.i. knowing the make up of the teams at least)

Town actually didn't do too badly this game. 3/6 lynches were on scum, plus we got lucky in that two scum died at night, and there was one doublekill and three scum nokills (which may or may not have helped town). There were also three ICs at various points.

oh, and I really didn't know what I was doing the first few days, which was why I was all like "Ima sheep. baaaa", and very nearly got myself lynched on days 2, 3, and 4. I got a better grip on it days 4-7, but still, as town, I didn't know about a lot of stuff that happened behind the scenes.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 06, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »

The biggest revelation from the MU QT...

mcmsalot's name is Ryan  :o

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:40 pm »

maquis QT?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

The biggest revelation from the MU QT...

mcmsalot's name is Ryan  :o

lolol that it is. Wasn't Robz like screw it I'm calling you ryan. Whats really funny is I have always called him robz, our cousins used to make fun of me for it.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »

just read MU QT.

man this game was insane. There actually were quite a few hints that they were both scum. I mean, I would have lynched robz or Yuma in a heartbeat if the other wasn't also incredibly scummy. And after Jimmmmmm died N6 it was obvious that Yuma was scum. I got all excited and was like whooo, I can lynch scum and win and stuff! No townie in this game ever really seriously considered the possibility of 6 scum, so I didn't think it through all the way once it became a possibility. I didn't realize that a lot of odd scum actions could be explained by one scum knowing there was still another scum.

personally I don't mind multi-ball. However, I think it would be much better with at least a semi-open setup (e.i. knowing the make up of the teams at least)

Town actually didn't do too badly this game. 3/6 lynches were on scum, plus we got lucky in that two scum died at night, and there was one doublekill and three scum nokills (which may or may not have helped town). There were also three ICs at various points.

oh, and I really didn't know what I was doing the first few days, which was why I was all like "Ima sheep. baaaa", and very nearly got myself lynched on days 2, 3, and 4. I got a better grip on it days 4-7, but still, as town, I didn't know about a lot of stuff that happened behind the scenes.

Yea, I was thought you were scum sooooo much. It was insane, when yuma did a nokill I remembered you suggesting nokill in the newbie game and I was like omgomgomg hes scum. Then ash cleared you and I was crazy confused. Then yuma claimed I roleblocked him, and I again went crazy because I was like okay I am scum but they don't know that and they think I am scum for a different reason then I am gah! Really fun game I thought.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 06, 2013, 09:52:41 pm »

I actually didn't think you Roleblocked yuma. I thought either yuma was scum or Robz Roleblocked him, and by PoE and my earlier scumread on you I decided you must also be scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57:56 pm »

Most frustrating part of yesterday:

Being suspicious to lio because of being a MU when I was in fact a Maquis and being suspicious to robz for the "marquis" thing but not so much for the jtotheonah thing when the jtotheonah mistake wasn't real and the Maqruis was.

http://www.quicktopic.com/49/H/R2aJJN9Fw8n

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: March 06, 2013, 10:03:34 pm »

Most frustrating part of yesterday:

Being suspicious to lio because of being a MU when I was in fact a Maquis and being suspicious to robz for the "marquis" thing but not so much for the jtotheonah thing when the jtotheonah mistake wasn't real and the Maqruis was.

http://www.quicktopic.com/49/H/R2aJJN9Fw8n

Literally had the exact same feelings as you when you got me lynched by claiming I role blocked you.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125  All

Page created in 1.834 seconds with 17 queries.