Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269234 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #2925 on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

Something that people have claimed, that I've always found a tad ridiculous, is that I could be a tracker maquis who prevented mcmc's lynch just for the fun of it. Especially because, if this is true, my partners are Glooble and Munch. And yuma claims that Glooble was the alternative to mcmc at that point. So my reveal would save mcmc at the peril of Glooble, my scumbuddy under this scenario.

Now, as for yuma, I think he may have been trapped in a scenario I found myself in M-VIII... a scenario where you are trying to be voting for your partners, but have them not actually get lynched. I tried to do this in M-VIII, repeatedly voting for my scumbuddy Captain_Frisk, even in the increasing likelihood of him getting lynched. I really did feel it was the only way to disassociate myself from him--have me be voting for him as the town mislynches a town. And it didn't work, I got Frisk lynched, and my other partner, O, was super mad at me. So I think yuma might just have been in that situation, either with mcmc on Day 2, or with Glooble on Day 3.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »

I'm here but about to leave for work again. Been super busy. I do not agree with a yuma lynch at this point in time.

Let's all remember that we can in fact no lynch if it comes to that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: March 02, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »

I will reiterate that my biggest criticisms of yuma remain at this point that we claims to have committed a series of mistakes that I think yuma is unlikely to make. And this is a game that we know has featured some weird scheming and plotting, incomprehensible to town, and I think yuma is likely to be the perpetrator, and his "mistakes" were for whatever reason scum gambits.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 02, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »

That's not to say his defense isn't without merit. There are good reasons to acquit him. But there are good reasons to acquit everyone.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: March 02, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »

Unfortunately there's really no point to me reconsidering my vote--which I would be happy to do! I'm far from convinced!--if yuma and I are the only options on the table.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 02, 2013, 04:32:34 pm »

Unfortunately there's really no point to me reconsidering my vote--which I would be happy to do! I'm far from convinced!--if yuma and I are the only options on the table.

Hmm that makes me think we should get this done quickly instead of letting no-lynch happen. You and yuma are and should be the only options on the table. The chance of each of you being scum seems small, but the chance of you both being Town is miniscule. Maybe if we no-lynch today the scum among you convinces the Town to vote me or lio tomorrow. When I have time tonight I'll do some re-reads and put my vote on who I think is most likely to be scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 02, 2013, 05:32:42 pm »

Something that people have claimed, that I've always found a tad ridiculous, is that I could be a tracker maquis who prevented mcmc's lynch just for the fun of it. Especially because, if this is true, my partners are Glooble and Munch. And yuma claims that Glooble was the alternative to mcmc at that point. So my reveal would save mcmc at the peril of Glooble, my scumbuddy under this scenario.

But that is not what I said about mcmc/glooble. I said from my perspective--who I felt was scummy--it was between mcmc and glooble. The real alternative to mcmc at this point was shraeye... who by the way you were voting for. shraeye was the alternative for being lynched day2. I dont' think glooble received a vote all day2...

I think this was the vote count at the time you claimed... with ash just barely having switch from shraeye to mcmc.

shraeye (3): Eevee, Robz888, theorel
mcmcsalot (5): The Munch, liopoil, yuma, Jimmmm, ashersky

Now, as for yuma, I think he may have been trapped in a scenario I found myself in M-VIII... a scenario where you are trying to be voting for your partners, but have them not actually get lynched. I tried to do this in M-VIII, repeatedly voting for my scumbuddy Captain_Frisk, even in the increasing likelihood of him getting lynched. I really did feel it was the only way to disassociate myself from him--have me be voting for him as the town mislynches a town. And it didn't work, I got Frisk lynched, and my other partner, O, was super mad at me. So I think yuma might just have been in that situation, either with mcmc on Day 2, or with Glooble on Day 3.

No I had scumreads on mcmc and glooble. Even if what you say is true... that I am scum.... I must have had a true scumread on one of them right? It can't have been both because they weren't on the same team. So which is it? My answer is neither. I am just good at scum hunting. I am not trying to brag, but I have improved significantly lately. Look at MXI (grujah, watno, ftl, theorel, and more) and MXV (ash, joth and qvist) as examples of that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: March 02, 2013, 06:07:44 pm »

But you're also good at being scum. The consensus of Forum Games players is that you are the best scum. You literally won an award!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:01 pm »

So Yuma made some good points, and I certainly am less sure about him being scum now (not that I ever was), but I'll go back to Vote: Yuma now.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 02, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »

Jimmmmm is viewing the thread now.....

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 02, 2013, 06:24:58 pm »

I'm here and not voting for yuma at this point in time.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »

But you're also good at being scum. The consensus of Forum Games players is that you are the best scum. You literally won an award!

but what does that have to do with me being scum in this game? Your reasons for wanting me lynched just seem to grow more and more absurd with time!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:25 pm »

So Yuma made some good points, and I certainly am less sure about him being scum now (not that I ever was), but I'll go back to Vote: Yuma now.

well thanks for listening to me at least.... I was really frustrated because I felt like I was going to be mislynched w/o having my points or defenses acknowledged. I am still not happy about it obviously... but at least I am not nearly as frustrated about it as I was..

Oh and it looks like Jimmmm is confirmed not scum at this point right... since he hasn't hammered me and won?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 02, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »

well thanks for listening to me at least.... I was really frustrated because I felt like I was going to be mislynched w/o having my points or defenses acknowledged. I am still not happy about it obviously... but at least I am not nearly as frustrated about it as I was..

Oh and it looks like Jimmmm is confirmed not scum at this point right... since he hasn't hammered me and won?

Yes, I believe so. Now that's how you make an IC!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 02, 2013, 06:51:28 pm »

Hooray for Jimmmmmm being town! now... who does he think is the scum? If he thinks it's robz I could very potentially be persuaded.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: March 02, 2013, 06:57:15 pm »

Screw it if lio's a Godfather let's just end it now since I'm certainly not lynching him. Vote: Robz.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 02, 2013, 06:58:06 pm »

*Not hammering*

really guys, I'm just a neighbor, I promise  ;)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: March 02, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »

Phew. Unvote.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 02, 2013, 06:59:05 pm »

Convinced that it's you or yuma now Robz?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 02, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »

I hope so :P

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: March 02, 2013, 07:37:48 pm »

well now that we know that lio and jimmm aren't scum we have to consider the following:

is it scummier to leave potential doors open like robz did in thinking that scum could be yuma, Jimmmm or lio?

or

is it scummier to basically eliminate those possibilities based off evidence and %s and such and eventually focus down on one suspect like I did and not consider jimmmm or lio to be scum?

Obviously I think that my method wasn't scummy... and that robz leaving room for multiple people to be the mislynch is the scummier of the two options. Robz would probably disagree--and has disagreed before--but what do you two think about it?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 02, 2013, 07:39:12 pm »

I think Town Robz/yuma had enough information at the start of the day to conclude that the other had to be scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 02, 2013, 07:40:42 pm »

I think Town Robz/yuma had enough information at the start of the day to conclude that the other had to be scum.

then what do you make of robz leaving the door open for it to be potentially lio or you and lamenting that the rest of us weren't willing to consider the possibilities seriously?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 02, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »

Seriously, screw you all. I was unsatisfied that yuma had to be the scum, because it didn't fit quite right, and I don't want to blow it. I have blown it for town in this exact position at least twice. In Mafia IV and Mafia XII at least, I got ahead of myself, struck people off my list, and went with my gut, and was wrong both times. So forgive me for leaving open strange doors to try and explain the strange things that happened.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 02, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

That said, I now accept that it has to be yuma. I'm actually surprised; I was very prepared for it be lio. I was already thinking about the angry things I would be saying to Jo.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.