Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269231 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #2750 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:43 pm »

I don't think anyone except lio can be mu.

But I really like Jim's theory about why the last scum should be mu.

For me, Yuma is the only mu possibility of course.

The thing that makes me suspicious of him is that he seems like we wants to achieve a lynch rather than find scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: February 24, 2013, 11:53:24 pm »

I don't think anyone except lio can be mu.

But I really like Jim's theory about why the last scum should be mu.

For me, Yuma is the only mu possibility of course.

The thing that makes me suspicious of him is that he seems like we wants to achieve a lynch rather than find scum.

Oops, should be anyone but lio couldn't be maquis ***

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:03 pm »

What evidence is there to suggest Robz is MU?

you mean beside the fact that he is the only player to have actively deflected an impending lynch away from scum in mcmc.

I mean... look. Here is the scenario. Mcmc is about to get lynched. He is at L-2. That team has already lost Galz N1 and to lose another player would be devestating. Basically game over I think. Robz knows this and thinks fast. He realizes he can claim tracker. He can say that because Galz was rolecop and since he tracked mcmc and didn't see him target anyone, that mcmc can't have been the person performing the NK, therefore he is less likely to be scum. It doesn't matter whether or not mcmc actually performed the NK or not because Robz can just claim this and in so doing both mcmc and robz become somewhat unlynchable. mcmc because he was less likely to be scum. Robz because he did a townie thing in saving a townie! and it worked great! mcmc was never in danger of being lynched until yesterday. Robz has never been near being lynched either.

It seems that the only reason that goes against this train of thought is because supposedly robz wouldn't have killed ash in the night. But I have already explained this and have already explained the above as well.... Apparently no one reads my posts!!!

Robz knows that because mcmc flipped MU, he will be more highly suspicious because of his involvement with him tracking. As such he needs to get the focus off him... A good way to do that is to get the focus of there being a MU. The best way to do that, kill someone that only a maquis would want to kill... the maquis cop in ash! Not to mention that there is the built in feature of "Robz would never kill ash, ash was too buddy buddy with him and had a town read on him."

But I have said this already. If you really want to know what I think about things, go read my posts.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:25 pm »

What do you mean by this?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »

Ninja'd by yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: February 25, 2013, 12:13:13 am »

I was trying to stay awake to see what you meant, but it is bedtime. I have an early day tomorrow, starting a new clinical rotation in hemostasis and thrombosis. Yay! Clotting!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: February 25, 2013, 12:16:00 am »

Lio, Jim, and I keep changing our minds; responding to the very really fact that this is confusing and hard, and we don't want to blow it. Yuma however has been mostly gunning or me. I think it's because he just needs to get someone lynched to win. The rest of us have to find and kill the scum. It explains his behavior . Phone posting til morning sorry

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: February 25, 2013, 12:17:54 am »

Hmm you may have a point. On the other hand, I'd be gunning for you too if I was yuma, whether I was Town or scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:05 am »

Hmm you may have a point. On the other hand, I'd be gunning for you too if I was yuma, whether I was Town or scum.

I haven't gunned for Yuma though. Because I legitimately was not sure he was scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:03 am »

Lio, Jim, and I keep changing our minds; responding to the very really fact that this is confusing and hard, and we don't want to blow it. Yuma however has been mostly gunning or me. I think it's because he just needs to get someone lynched to win. The rest of us have to find and kill the scum. It explains his behavior . Phone posting til morning sorry

I emphatically disagree with this! I have done my due diligence. I am looking to lynch scum. I want to win this game. Look back at the previous pages. I have done my rereads, I have weighed my options, I have even changed my mind a bit (because apparently if you are capable of changing your mind you are guaranteed town?) But eventually we all have to come to a conclusion.

Just because I did my rereads and formed my opinion before anyone else doesn't mean I am gunning for a lynch. What it means is that I believe you are the most likely to be scum. I am still willing to look at new concepts and ideas and have been doing so. This is a really hard day. It is confusing and hard, but at some point you are going to have to choose. I already made my choice. Not because it is obvious, but because the remaining evidence points more greatly toward you than to the other players. I am not sorry that I am more wishywashy about this. I am not going nto "blow" this game by chasing fantasy scenarios. I am sticking with what is most likely. And until something is presented that meakes me think otherwise... I am sticking with you. Call that gunning for a lynch, fine... But I would call it gunning for the most likely to be scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:07 am »

I emphatically disagree with this! I have done my due diligence. I am looking to lynch scum. I want to win this game. Look back at the previous pages. I have done my rereads, I have weighed my options, I have even changed my mind a bit (because apparently if you are capable of changing your mind you are guaranteed town?) But eventually we all have to come to a conclusion.

Just because I did my rereads and formed my opinion before anyone else doesn't mean I am gunning for a lynch. What it means is that I believe you are the most likely to be scum. I am still willing to look at new concepts and ideas and have been doing so. This is a really hard day. It is confusing and hard, but at some point you are going to have to choose. I already made my choice. Not because it is obvious, but because the remaining evidence points more greatly toward you than to the other players. I am not sorry that I am more wishywashy about this. I am not going nto "blow" this game by chasing fantasy scenarios. I am sticking with what is most likely. And until something is presented that meakes me think otherwise... I am sticking with you. Call that gunning for a lynch, fine... But I would call it gunning for the most likely to be scum.

Woah. Implying that wishywashiness is bad is a scumtell. At least, I know it's something I've done as scum, trying to guilt trip townies who change their mind too much.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:53 pm »

Dude: that was not what I was saying at all. What I was saying was that not being wishywashy isn't a scum tell. (I know double negative... sorry). Just because I have done my own rereads, developed my own opinions, carefully taken into consideration what others have said and at the end of that believe that I have come to a correct conclusion on who I think is scum doesn't mean I am scum. Obviously.

You have your methods and I have mine. Although I can see where you are coming from because my term "wishywashy" does have a negative connotation. It wasn't necessarily intended to be that way, but I think was my attempt to put into words what I was feeling...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:50 pm »

GUYS!!!!!!!!  I made a horrible, horrible, horrible mistake.

Night4 I didn't use my LR because I didn't send in the PM to jotheonah. I did however send in a PM to jtotheonah, which I don't think he checks!!! I just noticed this as I was skimming through my sent posts to find another post for another game. So I believe I still have a 1-shot LR available to use.

Ugggg!!!!!!! I feel horrible. I mean that stupid mistake could easily cost us the game. (it would have prevented theorel's death, although I would be dead right now). I can't even tell you how mad I am right now!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 25, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »

GAH!!!!! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

We are going to have to create a term for my stupidity to put into our mafia lexicon... I can't think of anything right now because of how pathetically angry I feel right now. But I am sure someone will come up with something appropriate.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:13 pm »

So you used the Yuma Rod.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »

So you used the Yuma Rod.

apparently... Well at least now I can tell my mom I am famous for something

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 25, 2013, 07:29:05 pm »

Okay, so we don't have to explain the existence of a second roleblocker/jailkeeper sort, which was always slightly problematic.

I... don't remember which cases on which people were stronger/weaker because of that element of the discussion, though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 25, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

This is coming from the maRquis guy, though. I wonder if this is just some line of convenient mistakes.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 25, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

Okay, so we don't have to explain the existence of a second roleblocker/jailkeeper sort, which was always slightly problematic.

I... don't remember which cases on which people were stronger/weaker because of that element of the discussion, though.

I know this changes everything. I can only hope that it changes it in a positive way.... But seriously guys I am super, super sorry. I feel like a complete idiot.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 25, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »

This is coming from the maRquis guy, though. I wonder if this is just some line of convenient mistakes.

oh sure, kick me while I am down.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 25, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »

Oh, it's no problem. I have made two big, big mistakes of a similar vein, in M-VI and RM Noir.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 25, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »

oh sure, kick me while I am down.

Well I have to say it! I don't know man. I don't know about you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »

hey guys, what if we no lynch now and Yuma LRs?? :D I guess scum would just no kill...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »

but wow, this is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.