Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269229 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2225 on: February 08, 2013, 09:29:10 am »

Also, yuma are you willing to sacrifice yourself since you're much more useful as a NK-absorption than a suspect?

I would be hesitant... because I don't want to die. But like I said above I would kinda want to know anything about JK doc roles. Because one it could result in me being saved and two using the LR could result in me still dying, but it appearing to only have been killed once if there are two factions. I feel like there are a lot of variables...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:57 am »

wait, so if two scumteams hit Yuma jimmmmm can't save him?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 08, 2013, 09:34:50 am »

wait, so if two scumteams hit Yuma jimmmmm can't save him?

a doc can only prevent one death at a time...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 08, 2013, 09:39:47 am »

theorel, couldn't mcmc possibly be maquis? I can see glooble or munch doing the kill instead of him. This would make it potentially a good idea to lynch him. I agree we should lynch someone who could be on either team. Since Yuma is LR I think we should lynch robz or mcmc.

if Yuma is scum he probably won't use his LR even if we tell him to right?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:05 am »

I think it's better if scum doesn't know whether Jimmmmm has any shots left.

If yuma uses his power, and Jimmmmm can protect him, then that's great.  And Jimmmmm can let us know the next day.  But I think if we want yuma to absorb the NK, we want it regardless of whether he can be protected.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:20 am »

mcmc can be Maquis, but he can't be the lone MU (if there is a Maquis).  So, mcmc's chances to be scum are dependent on the set-up.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 08, 2013, 09:54:07 am »

scum!yuma might not use his power, especially if he's maquis. So we should decide who the cops should investigate too. I think ash should investigate me. theorel should investigate... robz? mcmc? ash? dsell?.

If Yuma uses LR, and lives because Jimmmmm saved him, then we would also know Yuma's alignment right?

that's true. So we shouldn't lynch mcmc. I'm ready to vote for robz.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 08, 2013, 10:03:55 am »

scum!yuma might not use his power, especially if he's maquis. So we should decide who the cops should investigate too. I think ash should investigate me. theorel should investigate... robz? mcmc? ash? dsell?.

If Yuma uses LR, and lives because Jimmmmm saved him, then we would also know Yuma's alignment right?

that's true. So we shouldn't lynch mcmc. I'm ready to vote for robz.

If jimm saves yuma we won't know yuma's alignment. As far as the four people in question I would say Dsell, I have had a town read on robz all game, I have had a scum read on ash for a long time but his posts this day have been extremely towny to me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:44 am »

If yuma lives we'll know his alignment because he will have been double-investigated.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 08, 2013, 10:07:26 am »

If yuma lives we'll know his alignment because he will have been double-investigated.

Oh, duh
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: February 08, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

I should mention, somewhat hesitantly but I think the benefit of saying this would outweigh the cost, that I talked to joth day 1 about LR. He said that the LR could be stopped from activating by a couple of roles that I asked specifically about--I won't say which ones specifically, but I will say that nothing that has been claimed is capable of stopping it. So the only way it could be stopped is if someone is being untruthful about a role.

I am saying this because in the even that I am blocked from using my LR kills and docs and investigations won't actually be directed at me (duh!). So people should try and protect and investigate who they would investigate if there was no LR being activated tonight. That way town PRs will actually get the benefit their roles. I imagine that in this situation I would be lynched the next day, but I am really hoping and thinking that scum doesn't have role that is capable of stopping my LR.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 08, 2013, 01:24:30 pm »

We have <Robz, yuma, Jimm, mcmcsalot, Dsell> where exactly 1 or 2 of those people are scum.

We have <liopoil> where exactly 1 of liopoil is scum.

Liopoil is scum. I guarantee it, 99%.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 08, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »

the fact that you mention the possibility of two of robz, Yuma, jimmmmm, mcmc, dsell being scum means that there must be a possibility that I am not scum, because there are at most 5 total scum.

99%? wow, I guess you got really unlucky.....

Vote: Robz888

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 08, 2013, 01:33:23 pm »

the fact that you mention the possibility of two of robz, Yuma, jimmmmm, mcmc, dsell being scum means that there must be a possibility that I am not scum, because there are at most 5 total scum.

99%? wow, I guess you got really unlucky.....

Vote: Robz888

This is not true. We could have two teams of 3, with 6 scum. That's not entirely out of the question based on every single person in the town having a fairly useful power. I know theorel said power and alignment are independent blah, but I'm sure Jo recalibrated to make things fair.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 08, 2013, 01:33:50 pm »

But not matter what the case... I am certain you are scum. And I don't use the word certain lightly.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:13 pm »

K. That was suspicious... Jimmm was online, saw this thread and didn't claim.
How do you track that? where can you see that?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 08, 2013, 01:40:13 pm »

It seems Jo did realize this, but all he did was make jimmmmm doc it seems.

I think we got unlucky with the roles. We got the LR and  beloved princess. Our neighborhood was fairly useless due to scum being in it.  Scum got both of the roleblocking roles. This is what caused Joth to give jimmmmm the doc role as well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 08, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

and tracker, at leas two of the three cops, respawning guy (unless Dsell is scum), bomb (unless mcmc is scum), the third cop (unless ashersky is scum), an innocent child, a vigilante...

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 08, 2013, 01:49:49 pm »

I could be convinced to lynch Dsell.  I'm most interested in yuma/Jimmmmm weighing in on it.

I would most like to lynch one of Robz/Dsell today.  But I would like input on other points of strategic gameplay.

Here's where I'm at with all of that: let's suppose that joth balanced number of scum based on what roles they got.  i.e. he rolled one MU, one Maquis, one MU, one Maquis, and then gave an extra partner to the team with weaker roles.  Then (as Robz has noted) there is almost certainly another Maquis.
Now, joth wanted to give Jimmmmm an extra ability based on the balance after rolling up all of the scum.  That could actually just be a result of 5 scum...but it could be more than that.

In particular a 2-man scum team made up of Rolecop + 1-shot tracker is not impressive.  OTOH Rolecop + 1-shot deathproof is reasonably strong, maybe strong enough to be considered slightly unbalancing in favor of scum.  Especially because a 1-shot deathproof town is acting as a defensive role against scum, but in the hands of scum it could be thought of to strengthen them overmuch.

Anyways, that's all my thoughts there that are kind of swirling around.  Basically Robz feels like a slightly better lynch when I don't really think about it (given that we have really no information there, and so lynching Robz adds more information to town).  BUT, based on the information we do have, Dsell might in fact be the better lynch...I dunno.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 08, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »

@Robz: even if liopoil is scum he is the wrong lynch for today.  This is exactly like MXII(? -waffle mafia whichever it was) where you were certain that joth was scum, and even if it was true he was the wrong lynch but you pushed it through anyways and we lost.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 08, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

I am way, way more certain that liopoil is scum than I am that Jo was scum. If you look at at Day 3, liopoil fits in perfectly with a Munch/Glooble team.

That said, I do agree with you that gvien Dsell's power, him being part of a 2-man scumteam with Galz here would be I think balanced (although at the beginning I guess it could look scary enough for Jo to give Jimm that extra 1-shot). Of course if this IS the case, there is NO way Munch and Glooble are a team by themselves (because their powers are strictly inferior), so again, this scenario points to liopoil also being scum.

I mean, I guess maybe we aren't ultimately disagreeing here theorel. Dsell may very well be the last MU. I'm just more sure that liopoil is the last maquis. Of course, I have the luxury of knowing I'm not scum, which you don't, so I guess I can see you preferring Dsell to liopoil.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 08, 2013, 01:58:15 pm »

Dsell, as I've noted several times, has certainly played like a scum. He had huge periods of lurking, and offered extremely little original commentary at any point in the game. We always let him get away with it because of the station thing.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 08, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

Death proof and beloved look to be two powers that could, when roled independent of alignment make scum overpowered.

Oh well looks like robz said everything I wanted to.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »

I'd prefer to lynch robz over dsell because:

A) Dsell isn't maquis
B) Dsell still has that station aligned first post thing
C) Robz is sure that I am scum, but he is wrong
D) Robz's alignment tells us much more than Dsell's
E) He's been more scummy in general. But that's just what I get from his posts, and isn't really too strong.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 08, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »

K. That was suspicious... Jimmm was online, saw this thread and didn't claim.
How do you track that? where can you see that?

I saw that he was online while rereading from the nice little green light next to his name, and then I went to this page to view who is looking at what pages. But it appears he had an internet connection issue. You can access that page by going to the f.ds homepage, scrolling to the bottom and clicking where it says the number of guests and users.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.