Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269236 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1825 on: January 25, 2013, 06:08:53 pm »

I do think the case against Glooble is better than the case against ashersky.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »

so re-reading shraeye didn't do me much. I didn't read his D1 because I know he was all cuzz, and any other reads he had then were probably outdated. He didn't have any strong reads in D2... actually I don't think very may people did.

I've read Dsell's post over and over again and looked at the opening couple posts by joth trying to find a way that Dsell could be scum... but there isn't anything.

10 people left. four people, (munch, Dsell, mcmc, and myself) I have very good solid evidence to believe are town. that leaves six others, probably 3 of which are scum. At this point we really need to lynch scum, preferably wiping out a scum team.

Nobody has really analyzed theorel. I guess that's because he's really hard to get a read on. his posts are very helpful and his lynch would not be very informative.

Everyone seems to think robz is towny, and I'm starting to think so too. His claim was very pro-town, unless mcmc is his scummate, which seems unlikely.

that leaves Yuma, glooble, ash, and jimm. I'd like to lynch one of these four today.

PPE: 11 (I left this and just now finished it)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

I don't like the one or the other mentality. I just feel like it's really, really hard to distinguish between scumGlooble and townGlooble and we're not yet at the point where we can lynch those who aren't scummy but aren't super townie either. You know what I mean? Like at the end of your game, nobody was scummy (except ftl who was semi-scummily lurking) so we just started lynching people with the least town cred. We're not to that point yet here.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 25, 2013, 06:16:36 pm »

I don't like the one or the other mentality. I just feel like it's really, really hard to distinguish between scumGlooble and townGlooble and we're not yet at the point where we can lynch those who aren't scummy but aren't super townie either. You know what I mean? Like at the end of your game, nobody was scummy (except ftl who was semi-scummily lurking) so we just started lynching people with the least town cred. We're not to that point yet here.

I think mcmcsalot is the scummiest seeming of those remaining.  Munch seems scummy, but his actions are town!munch to a T.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 25, 2013, 06:19:04 pm »

Fwiw, I am fine being lynched.  I think it helps town.  Those pushing to kill me: munch, mcmcsalot, Glooble, need extra scrutiny tomorrow.

I defer to Robz, Yuma, and theo on when my lynch should happen, and if they need my vote.  Until then, I will leave it on Glooble.

I hate this mindset if you are town. We really, REALLY can't afford to be mislynching here. And simply being on your wagon will not get them enough scrutiny. I realize (if you are actually town) that you want everyone to know that you are town and can be trusted, but lynching you as town is not the best way for that to happen. Scumhunt, make cases, prove your towniness some other way. This post is hypocritical because I've hardly made cases or contributed to lynches, but so be it.

Agreed. If you are town ash you should do whatever you can to get us to not lynch you. even if your lynch is informative we could be at a point tomorrow where we have 3 scum, 4 town, and 2 teams. Odds for town are pretty slim at that point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 25, 2013, 06:23:17 pm »

Fwiw, I am fine being lynched.  I think it helps town.  Those pushing to kill me: munch, mcmcsalot, Glooble, need extra scrutiny tomorrow.

I defer to Robz, Yuma, and theo on when my lynch should happen, and if they need my vote.  Until then, I will leave it on Glooble.

I hate this mindset if you are town. We really, REALLY can't afford to be mislynching here. And simply being on your wagon will not get them enough scrutiny. I realize (if you are actually town) that you want everyone to know that you are town and can be trusted, but lynching you as town is not the best way for that to happen. Scumhunt, make cases, prove your towniness some other way. This post is hypocritical because I've hardly made cases or contributed to lynches, but so be it.

Agreed. If you are town ash you should do whatever you can to get us to not lynch you. even if your lynch is informative we could be at a point tomorrow where we have 3 scum, 4 town, and 2 teams. Odds for town are pretty slim at that point.

Other than giving my reads and opinions, and possibly claiming, what can I do?

I think theo is 33% townier than yesterday.  Robz remains town to me.  Dsell reads townier today, but that's probably just being more active.  Lio as well is townier.

Glooble and mcmcsalot are our best chances at hitting scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

You didn't mention Yuma.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 25, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

Well, you could stop asking us to lynch you for one...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 25, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

Robz still feels a little townie to me, but...hmm...I'm starting to get suspicious of that behavior given his recent display of that behavior as scum (ZMX was it?).  Someone who was town in that game, does this feel similar to you?  (I just got it in passing as I skimmed the thread).

I wasn't in the game, but had a mod perspective, but this and Robz's post about how he has had really bad reads jumped out to me because of this quote from that game's mod QT with our mod jotheonah

Just be your town self. Let's play this like its M-XII or M-XVI, if we were secretly scum in those games. We're just two town guys, having fun, mislynching across the board. Our reads are so bad! Etc etc.

Robz is just a guy, having fun, mislynching across the board. His reads are so bad! But is he secretly scum?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:55 pm »

Is no one else confused about shraeye being an IC?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:26 pm »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

I am not fine with you being lynched tomorrow if you are town... and I think you are town, so I am not fine with it... You shouldn't be either...

But I am happy that someone else is finally acknowledging Glooble. I am much more in support of his lynch over ashersky or lio (who I reread yesterday and did not find to be exceptionally scummy at all!)

vote: Glooble

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:53 pm »

Ash, how do you square your belief that mcmc is scum with your belief we have  a sk? They are mildly contradictory. I know mcmc didn't shoot on night 1, and I really doubt gal would shoot instead of mc if they were on the same team. Either they had a third, or mcmc would be a different scum. But you think there is a serial killer. Mcmc car be the serial killer; he didn't shoot night 1.

Obviously there are possible weird explanations like ninja or something.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:58 pm »

Is no one else confused about shraeye being an IC?

Probably by request, and he didn't request.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 25, 2013, 06:29:50 pm »

I'm fine with you being lynched as well.

Munch, when I flip station, what will your excuse be, having reached China?

ummmm... we are on a space station... if you tunnel really hard on a space station you dont' end up in China... you end up dead, potentially with your eyeballs being sucked out of their sockets and your brain exploding...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:23 pm »

Ash, how do you square your belief that mcmc is scum with your belief we have  a sk? They are mildly contradictory. I know mcmc didn't shoot on night 1, and I really doubt gal would shoot instead of mc if they were on the same team. Either they had a third, or mcmc would be a different scum. But you think there is a serial killer. Mcmc car be the serial killer; he didn't shoot night 1.

Obviously there are possible weird explanations like ninja or something.

Separate things for me.  My scum read on mcmcsalot is independent of me thinking that SK is more likely than maquis.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 25, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »

I'm fine with you being lynched as well.

Munch, when I flip station, what will your excuse be, having reached China?

ummmm... we are on a space station... if you tunnel really hard on a space station you dont' end up in China... you end up dead, potentially with your eyeballs being sucked out of their sockets and your brain exploding...

Given China's economy, I figure the other side of the space station was bought by China.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »

The Glooble case is good.  Lurked often, active when called out, sheeping votes left and right, no clear opinions except on me, the easy mislynch.  Pretty classic scum to me.  That's why I am voting him.

The bolded part is actually one part of the glooble case that I disagree with, despite my vote on him... When called out for lurking he did not appreciably increase his posting, in fact it may have decreased.... Although I don't think some people gave him a large enough opportunity to display this typical scumtrait because they unvoted him after 2 posts and took all the pressure off.  However, I can't blame him for that...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16:30 pm »

request replacement

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:50 pm »

request replacement

WHAT!?

also drunk ama

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:31 pm »

Has to do with situation outside this game...I'm sorry for it, and hope ashersky reconsiders.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 25, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

The problem is that I've allowed the speccy to run rampant with setup info and anyone who has that link is too tainted to replace in probably. My own fault.

If anyone who has been following but isn't in the speccy is willing to replace in, please PM me.

I feel like Jorbles might fit this description.

Also, I know i owe you guys a vote count. Soon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 25, 2013, 10:54:17 pm »

74 pages in...unfair to a replacement and to everyone else in the game...I will stay.  Especially unfair to Joth, who's put together an amazing game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 25, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »

Has to do with situation outside this game...I'm sorry for it, and hope ashersky reconsiders.

Forget it.  Agree to move on?  I overreacted, too, probably.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:52 pm »

Oh well that's a relief.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.