Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269237 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1650 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:57 am »

Ok Blitz day is done.  Read Robz claim last night and I really didn't like it from the whole "I hate claiming" kind of way and Robz seems to always surprise me when he claims.  I didn't want to just have a reactionary unvote, I wanted to think about it before doing it.  But I am now comfortable doing it.  I can still see situations where mcmc is scum but I can see how this does make him not necessarily a good lynch for today.

That being said, if mcmc is scum, Robz being tracker and saying that mcmc is town cause of this evidence means mcmc gets a free pass to perform the nk for his team until the end.  I guess thats the part that makes me uncomfortable.

I'm going to put my vote back on vote: Ashersky.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1651 on: January 23, 2013, 11:49:16 am »

I could get behind an Ashersky wagon. I understand everyone's arguments that "town ash looks like scum ash" but it stands to reason scum ash would then also look like scum ash.

At less than 24 hours to deadline, I like this better than any of the current wagons.

I'm going to look back at a few things before I actually place my vote though.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1652 on: January 23, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »

So I'm rereading ash's day 2, and his "willing to lynch" is all over the place. Me, shraeye, mcmc, Munch, liopoil, theorel - that's literally half the town. Scum do like to leave their options open for lynching.

Posts for reference:

me
I'd guess the lower posters, Glooble maybe, could be where we need to look for the other MU scum.

shraeye
@yuma -- my read on Shraeye leans scummy, and he's on the would lynch list.  But, I'm wary my scum read comes from him sounding a lot like old Shraeye, who read scummy but is town. 

liopoil
I think at least one of Shraeye/Glooble/liopoil is scum.

mcmc

It was pro-town not to hammer, I guess, given Cuzz was town.  But we didn't know that.  And since we have the two scum teams angle, we can't just say straight out "but mcmc KNEW he was town, so he used that for towncred" either.  I mean, I get your argument, too.

I just still think it leans further to the scummy side.  Maybe it's due to lack of explanation at the time?  Like a "guys, you know what, I'm not going to hammer this dude, I think he's town."  He just rode it out.  Scum does that.

theorel

PS -- If there's a Super Scum Overlord ehunt in this game, it's theorel.

Munch

The hilarity of your wrongness is awesome.  Mods are cracking up, I'm sure.  If you succeed in this crusade of yours, I look forward to pointing this out post-game, in the wake of a scum win indirectly caused by this.

You know who gets/got a lot out of picking out a supposed scum slip, berating the supposed slipper, and wasting four pages of discussion on it?  Scum.  You know who did that this game?  You.

To be fair, he later clarified that he didn't really think Munch was scum for pushing his "scum-slip". But that doesn't change the fact that he's laying the groundwork for as many lynches as possible.

Yeah, I like this case way better than any of the current ones.

vote: ashersky

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:33 pm »

Vote: ashersky I like this case much better than the shraeye case. Ash has been an on and off scum read of mine since D1 and I think glooble's recent evidence is very convincing.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »

For this:
I will not put my name to a shraeye lynch. It feels too reactive and way too obvious. I really don't think scum shraeye would be so sure of himself as he pushed for a lynch. When you drive a wagon as hard as that, you're taking a huge risk that the heat is going to fall on you if you're wrong, and that's a risk town is much more likely to take than scum. It just doesn't add up for me.

This reasoning is good.  We should push for a separate lynch and see where we go.  Mcmc is the most likely candidate, with I think everyone but Robz supporting or okay with it.

vote: mcmcsalot
Agreeing with Glooble that I'm not being like scumshraeye.

Then immediately reverting to me, because I'm the most likely candidate.
unvote based on Robz's new info.

Back to vote: shraeye as our most likely candidate, our most informative flip, and my second highest scum read (after Eevee, who no one seems to want to lynch).

Woah, this is a huge contradiction, Glooble.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 23, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »

Bashir's memorial service consists of Vic Fontaine singing maudlin songs to Bashir's ragged-eared teddy bear, Kukalaka.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. EVERYONE CRIES.

Vote Count 2.7

shraeye (5): Eevee, ashersky, Robz888, theorel, Jimmmmm {L-2}
Glooble (1): yuma
ashersky (4): TheMunch, shraeye, Glooble, mcmcsalot {L-3}

Not voting (2):  Dsell, liopoil

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday, January 24th at 7:00 am forum time.
That's about 18 hours away.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 23, 2013, 01:24:27 pm »

For this:
I will not put my name to a shraeye lynch. It feels too reactive and way too obvious. I really don't think scum shraeye would be so sure of himself as he pushed for a lynch. When you drive a wagon as hard as that, you're taking a huge risk that the heat is going to fall on you if you're wrong, and that's a risk town is much more likely to take than scum. It just doesn't add up for me.

This reasoning is good.  We should push for a separate lynch and see where we go.  Mcmc is the most likely candidate, with I think everyone but Robz supporting or okay with it.

vote: mcmcsalot
Agreeing with Glooble that I'm not being like scumshraeye.

Then immediately reverting to me, because I'm the most likely candidate.
unvote based on Robz's new info.

Back to vote: shraeye as our most likely candidate, our most informative flip, and my second highest scum read (after Eevee, who no one seems to want to lynch).

Woah, this is a huge contradiction, Glooble.

I'm kind of confused...why did you address that to Glooble?  The contradiction is ashersky's.  But it's a contradiction of the "this post has good reasoning" and a little later "I'm still voting for that person".  I mean I think shraeye gave good reasons not to vote for him.  I just don't find the reasons outweighing his scumminess.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 23, 2013, 01:32:09 pm »

Oops, nevermind. I read Glooble as saying he opposed shraeye lynch, and then later saying shraeye was his second choice... but the second statement was ash. Forget it!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1658 on: January 23, 2013, 01:33:22 pm »

No, I'm super uncomfortable with lynching shraeye.

He/ Him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »

I mean I think shraeye gave good reasons not to vote for him.  I just don't find the reasons outweighing his scumminess.

And this is the most disappointing part to me.  Both you and Jimmm have recognized that I've given good reasons not to vote for me, yet you both are still voting for me.  I wish I could say it was because you guys were crazy scummy, but neither of you are!  It's frustrating to me that Robz/theorel/Jimmm are 3 of my 4 townreads (of varying degree) and they all are voting for me.  (the other is Munch; ashersky's last contradiction pulled off my townread on him).

Eevee's vote on me is also disappointing, because my summary of Eevee's day2 play is as follows.
  • I was right about cuzz!
  • I don't know what to do now; conflicted
  • Let's not lynch ashersky and instead lynch shraeye (he continues to be my course of action from yesterday); oh also, I don't feel the need to try since enough facts say I'm town.
The one above (post here)feels like he's really just phoning in a holdover vote from Day1 reads which he never bothered updating at all.
  • theorel is towny; weird that everyone agrees
  • (post) Cuzz being town was my only read; I've got nothing to add today.  Day1 killed me
  • (post)if anyone made a case on me, I'd respond.  Other than that I have vague reads and nothing to say
  • after another huge break, Eevee says "pick anyone, I'll reread them"
  • Munch suggests (ashersky's slip; mcmc+hammer;shraeye), and eevee responds (ash is town; i don't know how to analyze that; he was scummy yesterday and I haven't changed...but he's usually good at fooling me
Wait, read that last one for yourselves here.  Why did Eevee just imply that I'm fooling him into thinking I'm scum.  I mean...that's something you say after you show a townread on someone (he's town I think, but he fools me often).  But Eevee is holding out that I may be fooling him that I'm scummy.  That's absurd.
  • Next 2 posts say "oof, theorel is tough to read"
  • Then today, he apologizes for being useless.  Forgives us for suspecting him (who suspected him other than me?).  Says mcmcsalot and Robz are town

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:24 pm »

Sorry, that post started out saying "I don't see how a logical set of reasons not to vote for me doesn't stop anyone from voting for me".

And ended up being "oh wow, Eevee's day2 is crazy."

I'm bumping Eevee way up my scumlist.

mcmcsalot is still high, but I agree that Robz's tracking result of him gives him some credit (not conftown, though; of course not every scum needs to use actions each night...and ninjas).

liopoil is also high, but I haven't had time to reread, so that's mostly feeling.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 23, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »

Wait, read that last one for yourselves here.  Why did Eevee just imply that I'm fooling him into thinking I'm scum.  I mean...that's something you say after you show a townread on someone (he's town I think, but he fools me often).  But Eevee is holding out that I may be fooling him that I'm scummy.  That's absurd.
I think you're misunderstanding that.  He's saying you read scummy to him which is weird because he thinks you're usually good as scum as fooling him into believing you are town.  There's no implication that you're fooling him into believing you are scum.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 23, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »

I think you're misunderstanding that.  He's saying you read scummy to him which is weird because he thinks you're usually good as scum as fooling him into believing you are town.  There's no implication that you're fooling him into believing you are scum.
Ok, that would make more sense.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »

Eevee's low participation level here has brought him back to the scummier side in my view. I'm also very wary of liopoil.

So those are really the only alternatives to your lynch, shraeye, from my perspective. And I guess Munch.

I still say Ashersky is really town.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:46 pm »

I just reread it, with that interpretation in mind, and I still don't quite see it making sense, theorel.

I'd like others' opinions on it as well, if you all have some time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: January 23, 2013, 02:12:22 pm »

Sorry for being unclear. What I meant was that I've thought you are scummy a lot when you were town, but the times you've actually been scum you've totally fooled me. So you feeling scummy to me is actually sort of a town tell.. meh.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »

That's what I thought you sorta meant.  So why keep your vote on me?  Have you done a reread yet?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »

Have not, and I doubt I'll get one in before the deadline, sigh. Uhh, your defenses ARE starting to convince me though. I don't like te ashersky lynch because I think he is being suspected for something he always always does, and the mcmc lynch I strongly disagree with (he is my strongest town read after the recent developments); but I should maybe go glooble or liopoil rather than you.

Fine, I'll vote: liopoil.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1668 on: January 23, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »

Guys, its starting to look like a very real possibility that we won't be able to reach a consensus today.

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 23, 2013, 02:39:18 pm »

I'll move my vote to liopoil, munch, or Eevee to achieve a vote. I still prefer shraeye. Though not THAT much over liopoil, I guess.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »

I'm willing to go liopoil.  I recall a lot of little things that put me off.

I'm rereading now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 23, 2013, 02:43:38 pm »

I'm not confident enough on my reads to be fine with a nolynch. I'll move to any of the realistic targets if that's needed for a lynch.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1672 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

I would vote liopoil to avoid a no lynch. I have very little read on him at all at this point.

Munch maybe. I'd have to think about it. Would prefer not to.

Eevee probably not, though I don't like how quiet he's been today.

He/ Him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 23, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »

I have expressed before liopoil was my top scum read for the way he jumped on my wagon, I would be supportive of his lynch.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »

I am 100% against a liopoil lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.