Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269222 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1325 on: January 17, 2013, 07:19:17 pm »

Additionally, I've said this before, but I can't believe there isn't scum somewhere in the Munschraerae trifecta. We know it's not raerae. Munch is another person I'm watching especially closely. It would surprise me if all three of those people, so in sync, were town.

This is what I was referring to.  I took it to mean he thought they'd kill raerae.  I guess it doesn't say that explicitly, though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 17, 2013, 07:21:16 pm »

Additionally, I've said this before, but I can't believe there isn't scum somewhere in the Munschraerae trifecta. We know it's not raerae. Munch is another person I'm watching especially closely. It would surprise me if all three of those people, so in sync, were town.

This is what I was referring to.  I took it to mean he thought they'd kill raerae.  I guess it doesn't say that explicitly, though.
Ok, strange.  I don't get that interpretation at all from it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:44 pm »

Robz, can you explain to me as clearly as possible why you think that Munch-Shraeye-raerae is not all town?  I just don't understand what links us all together outside of the twinclaims.  If it is just the twinclaims, what would that have to do with our alignments?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »

Are you saying you would kill raerae as scum?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 17, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

Now I'm ultra-confused.  How does me saying "strange, I don't see how Robz's statement implies that Munch or shraeye would kill raerae" become me saying that I would kill raerae as scum???

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 17, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Now I'm ultra-confused.  How does me saying "strange, I don't see how Robz's statement implies that Munch or shraeye would kill raerae" become me saying that I would kill raerae as scum???

It doesn't.  I was making the senator-question joke.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:47 pm »

That's a terrible senator question.  The obvious answer is
"no, I'm not saying that I'd kill raerae as scum.  It would be dumb to think I was saying that based on reading my actual words".

Why would you be trying to push the idea that I would kill raerae?

Do YOU think I'm scum?  Do you think that I would be likely to kill raerae if I were scum?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:16 pm »

That's a terrible senator question.  The obvious answer is
"no, I'm not saying that I'd kill raerae as scum.  It would be dumb to think I was saying that based on reading my actual words".

Why would you be trying to push the idea that I would kill raerae?

Do YOU think I'm scum?  Do you think that I would be likely to kill raerae if I were scum?

As I said in my original post that you questioned, no, I do not think you (or Munch) would kill raerae if you (or Munch) were scum.  I think that because she is the easy deflection target for both of you during lynch discussions.  At least one of the three of you is most likely scum, so its best for the scum in that group to keep everyone alive to have more options to lynch.  Now, instead of 1/3 chance, it's 1/2 chance.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »

At least one of the three of you is most likely scum, so its best for the scum in that group to keep everyone alive to have more options to lynch.
Now here's the statement that makes no sense to me.  can anybody explain this, or is it just something that's been said a lot?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:01 pm »

Robz, can you explain to me as clearly as possible why you think that Munch-Shraeye-raerae is not all town?  I just don't understand what links us all together outside of the twinclaims.  If it is just the twinclaims, what would that have to do with our alignments?

Sure. You all voted the same way yesterday and took very similar positions. You all pushed and voted Cuzz, very strongly. You all fought with ashersky. So you have similar standpoints, plus your twinclaims already make you guys sort of your own "team" (I've noticed you all defending each other, even when supposedly unaware of each others' alignments). If you're all time, great, your buddying each other because of your IRL relationships primarily, I guess. But that's not how I see it. I find it far likelier--and deadlier--than there's scum hiding somewhere, using the other two as cover. And we know that scum is not raerae.

But no, I did not mean to imply that one of you killed raerae. I find it far, far more likely that if one of your are scum, you are of the opposite team as Galz, for precisely the reason that raerae's death reflects poorly on all of you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:00 pm »

Sure. You all voted the same way yesterday and took very similar positions. You all pushed and voted Cuzz, very strongly. You all fought with ashersky.
I don't recall too much about TheMunch, I know he was on the Cuzz wagon.  but I hardly think he was as vocal as me, I think that likely was a sheep-vote.

When I was suspecting Jimmmm as well, raerae was actually in the process of making a case on him.  So I know me and her reached scum-conclusions on Jimmm independently and coincidentally at about the same time.  Again, I don't recall what Munch said about Jimmm.

What did you say Munch?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 17, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Sure. You all voted the same way yesterday and took very similar positions. You all pushed and voted Cuzz, very strongly. You all fought with ashersky.
I don't recall too much about TheMunch, I know he was on the Cuzz wagon.  but I hardly think he was as vocal as me, I think that likely was a sheep-vote.

This is untrue, though I don't blame you for thinking it. The last 10 RL hours of Day 1--which you were absent from--involved Munch taking a starring role in the case against Cuzz. I argued with him quite a bit against the logic of lynching a claimed Cop. He even said the if people were afraid to hammer, he would unvote, let someone else vote, and then cast the hammer. So it wasn't just a sheep vote.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1337 on: January 17, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »

I can't deny Munch seemed extremely eager to end the day, but I don't think his logic about Cuzz's claim was totally baseless. A cop who can only find a serial killer is not, IMO a high priority for protecting even in set ups where there definitely is a serial killer. In a setup that might not even have one its a silly reason not to lynch someone, especially seeing as roles are independent of alignment.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 17, 2013, 08:22:37 pm »

I can't deny Munch seemed extremely eager to end the day, but I don't think his logic about Cuzz's claim was totally baseless. A cop who can only find a serial killer is not, IMO a high priority for protecting even in set ups where there definitely is a serial killer. In a setup that might not even have one its a silly reason not to lynch someone, especially seeing as roles are independent of alignment.

Well ultimately I did vote to kill him after his bad answers toward the end.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 17, 2013, 08:32:29 pm »

I pushed Cuzz because of 545 (at least I think thats the number, in all of these pages I very well might have forgotten).  I have no shame in that.  The read was wrong, but posts like 545 and subsequent posts that shared a similar tone to 545 are my entire basis for a scum read.  I dont think he defended himself well, especially because I now know that hes town (I'm guessing he really felt like SK cop was too good to let die day 1, which I obviously disagree with).

Regarding eagerness to end the day.  I will not apologize for trying to end the day on page forty something (which is 100% the cause for "taking a starring role in the case against Cuzz").  You can disagree with me there but its just my opinion regarding the length of the day.  I think even Robz mentioned that the length of the day was muddling his reads (other people might have also said this as well).

Lastly, I find it very likely that scum looking at a cop claim for not-their-team will want to keep that cop alive more than a VT.  For a VT, who doesn't know which 2 scum teams exist, the cop that has a small chance of actually finding scum if that team even exists is not a high priority target (I agree with glooble).

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1340 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:53 pm »

I actually disagree with Robz that Munchraeye would take out raerae, if either one of them is scum.  Having her seem scummy, especially after the Cuzz flip, would actually help them, since a few of us at least felt that at least one of the three was scum.  That would have bought him/them a day as we lynched raerae out of the three of them.
I didn't see where Robz said this; please direct me.

Ashersky, can you explain this please.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »

I actually disagree with Robz that Munchraeye would take out raerae, if either one of them is scum.  Having her seem scummy, especially after the Cuzz flip, would actually help them, since a few of us at least felt that at least one of the three was scum.  That would have bought him/them a day as we lynched raerae out of the three of them.
I didn't see where Robz said this; please direct me.

Ashersky, can you explain this please.

Did you not see my back and forth with shraeye after he asked this?

Turns out Robz and I agree, scum!shraeye or scum!munch would NOT kill raerae because it hurts their position.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1342 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:51 pm »

I am going to bed now. Tomorrow is a work day and I can't say for certain that you'll hear from me Much before 5. Just a heads up.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 17, 2013, 09:22:01 pm »

Turns out Robz and I agree, scum!shraeye or scum!munch would NOT kill raerae because it hurts their position.

I did read the entire back and forth with Shraeye.  The question isn't however whether or not you think that scum shraeye/munch would kill raerae.

And I've now actually read the back and forth ~ 5 times now.  I think I actually caught Ashersky making a scumslip.  I mean a real scum slip, not the flimsy cases that are usually called scumslips.  Ok stay with me guys

Assumptions:
Scum are actively scumhunting.
Scum team X is looking for scum team Y.  Genuine scum reads will fall on scum team Y.
We know one scum team.  We will call Y Galz' team.
Raerae was killed by Galz team.

Proposition:
Ashersky is on the team X (not Galz team).

Reasoning:
Robz states that "One of Shraeye/Raerae/Munch is scum".
If Ashersky is actively hunting scum as a member of team X, then in his mind the scum he is looking for is on Galz team.  This scum killed Raerae so he makes the logical step (as scumteam X) to imply that this is synonymous to "scum that killed Raerae".

Vote: Ashersky

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:52 pm »

I did read the entire back and forth with Shraeye.  The question isn't however whether or not you think that scum shraeye/munch would kill raerae.

And I've now actually read the back and forth ~ 5 times now.  I think I actually caught Ashersky making a scumslip.  I mean a real scum slip, not the flimsy cases that are usually called scumslips.  Ok stay with me guys

Assumptions:
Scum team X is looking for scum team Y.  Genuine scum reads will fall on scum team Y.

Proposition:

Reasoning:
If Ashersky is actively hunting scum as a member of team X, then in his mind the scum he is looking for is on Galz team.  This scum killed Raerae so he makes the logical step (as scumteam X) to imply that this is synonymous to "scum that killed Raerae".

I hope you convince enough people to lynch me, and that you are town.  Because this will be hilarious for the spectators.  Hell, I'm willing to claim right now, at L-whatever, just to prove the point of this silliness.

Munch, I really hope you are scum, because as town, you are really, really messing up here.

You are also calling the not Galz team as me and Robz, btw.  Good job, game over!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 17, 2013, 09:27:57 pm »

Assumptions:

Proposition:

Reasoning:

Hey, what if there is only one team and an SK?  Am I the SK?  (I've never been SK, so that'd be cool.)

But anyway, here's the huge glaring hole in your argument:

If I'm on the not Galz team, and I killed raerae, who killed Galz?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »

Ashersky, you pointed out the wrong 'glaring hole' in this argument.  It's obvious that scumteamNotGalz killed Galz, and I don't see how saying that stops this argument.  I don't buy it at all, because even if I agree with all the assumptions, and reasoning that Munch gives us (some of it is unclear; like what do you mean by "this scum killed raerae"?), then why is this a vote on ashersky?

I don't see where the scumslip is.  If you're gonna build a case that you found a scumslip, you should probably quote the post in which you think the scumslip exists.

Assumptions:

Proposition:

Reasoning:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 17, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

Assumptions:

Proposition:

Reasoning:

Hey, what if there is only one team and an SK?  Am I the SK?  (I've never been SK, so that'd be cool.)

But anyway, here's the huge glaring hole in your argument:

If I'm on the not Galz team, and I killed raerae, who killed Galz?
Ah, I looked at this again, and now see that you think Munch is saying "ashersky killed raerae".  He didn't.  I'm still not sure what Munch is saying, but he definitely propositioned that you were on the non-GAlz team and that the non-galz team killed raerae.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 17, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »

This is the scumslip in question.  Nowhere did Robz say that he thought that Munch/Shraeye killed raerae.  I claim that Ashersky jumped to the conclusion that Robz actually did say "one of munch/shraeye killed raerae" because Ashersky is on the not-galz-scumteam and to a member of the not-galz-scumteam the scum they are looking for (galz team) are the ones that killed Raerae.

I'm not claiming that Ashersky killed Raerae.  I'm saying that scum Ashersky is looking for are precisely the scum that killed raerae.  So to Ashersky scum (galz team) is equivalent to "killed raerae".

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 17, 2013, 09:35:55 pm »

Assumptions:

Proposition:

Reasoning:

Wait, so you think I was bussing my partner raerae super-hardcore on D1?  Did you see our interactions?  We faked that fight?  Now's the time where your twinclaim helps you, since you know if she could actually pull off a fake fight of that proportion.  I don't know that I could.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.