Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269247 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2013, 05:49:16 pm »

Jimm is now my top scum read, with the amount of analysis he has had I read him as a very smart player who know what hes doing.
But don't the two comments from eevee say, he could have had time to respond and then say even if I got here before joth. So did he have time to respond and didn't or did joth respond before eevee had a chance to.
No, Eevee's first statement with 'could' is a hypothetical.  He's saying, all in one phrase, "it could have been worse, I could have had time to respond."

He's indicating that this possibility might have happened, but it didn't.  So he's saying that he didn't have time to respond before Joth.  People have been focusing on the second part of the statement, and leaving off the "it could have been worse".  If you don't clip the statement, there is no contradiction.

Jimm taking this out of context is ridiculous, I guess its my mistake for not going over it enough myself, but really I had strong scum feeling toward someone because of an out of context exaggeration. This just seems like a very anti town play, there is no reason for town!jimm to start a scumhunt by tricking people.

this has been the scummiest post in the game thus far I think. It is apparent that jimmm isn't out to trick someone. I disagree with his case certainly, but that is what players do--town or mafia--they attempt to build cases and both do not want to do it in such a way that involves "trickery" especially this early in the game because they will be called out on it.

I think I will vote: mcmcsalot for this, but also for first finding the eevee case strong; 2. attempting to cast me as a potential scum partner for defending it but then ignoring all the others who defended it. 3. and then turning on Jimmm once it was apparent that the eevee wagon was going nowhere. Making a case on a bad case builder is a safe route for scum to go.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

Hey look, while catching up, I found that Eevee meant what I thought he meant with the Dsell thing. 

Eevee, you're not my biggest scumread!

Guys, don't lynch Eevee today!

So...who is?
I'm keeping that a secret.  I've found I prefer to let things develop a bit before opining publicly, as it helps prevent confirmation bias as new information comes out.

hmmm... I don't know how I feel about this. Mostly because if you are town then I want your knowledge so I can compare it to mine as I think you are a pretty solid scum hunter, but then again like you said, that would result in some confirmation bias... I guess I am ok with it... You say you have found this out? Where have you used this technique before?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2013, 05:52:47 pm »

and it appears that Jimmm had similar feelings toward mcmc as I do. Jimmm who do you think is scummier... Eevee or mcmc?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »

ashersky, I think you just described raerae's town playstyle and voted her over it.

Jimmm, what do you think of me now, after you've seen my responses to your case and also heard what other people think of it?

I like the mom saloon case.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2013, 05:58:54 pm »

ashersky, I think you just described raerae's town playstyle and voted her over it.

Jimmm, what do you think of me now, after you've seen my responses to your case and also heard what other people think of it?

Maybe, but isn't that scum's plan?  To play like their town selves?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »

So everyone who seems like their town self is actually scummy?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »

Quote from: ashersky link=topic=6314.msg169318#msg169318 date

[/quote

This is a kind of useless defense/ observation, as it basically boils down "lynch people who act like themselves." It feels like you are trying to look scum hungry without contributing any new information. Makes me suspicious.

The speed with which you sheeped jimmmms case on eevee stuck out at me as well.

I've got my eye on you, ashersky.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:37 pm »

Sorry about the formatting - iPhone post.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

Isn't that everyone's argument, in the end?

Think about it, really.

PPE Glooble -- why not vote?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »

Think about it, really.

Hmm, this far I've gotten to "that is the emptiest reason I've ever seen for a vote in my entire mafia career", what specifically should I think about?

Seriously, what I see is you voting for raerae "because she plays like her town self". If that's the entire reason and you somehow think that's a good reason, why pick her and not someone else who also plays like their town self?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:48 pm »

Why not vote?

vote: ashersky

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2013, 06:13:27 pm »

I probably won't be on for a few hours.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2013, 06:15:53 pm »

Think about it, really.

Hmm, this far I've gotten to "that is the emptiest reason I've ever seen for a vote in my entire mafia career", what specifically should I think about?

Seriously, what I see is you voting for raerae "because she plays like her town self". If that's the entire reason and you somehow think that's a good reason, why pick her and not someone else who also plays like their town self?

Man, read my post again.

IIOA is a thing.  You are saying give her a pass because that's just her.  I refuse.  She can start offering analysis and taking stands if she's town.  I am.  Doesn't matter on D1 if she is wrong or right.  It's about contributing.  She's contributed as much as invisiyuma, but with ten times the posts.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2013, 06:16:10 pm »

Why not vote?

vote: ashersky

Thank you for actually taking a stand.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »

Lynch mafia, not scum, but okay. That's actually ok, I would just make it more clear you are voting her to discourage her from playing like she has, not because you think her playing like that makes her more likely to be scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2013, 06:25:23 pm »

Lynch mafia, not scum, but okay. That's actually ok, I would just make it more clear you are voting her to discourage her from playing like she has, not because you think her playing like that makes her more likely to be scum.

I think on D1 of normal games, scum is a fair goal for lynching, but I get your point.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »

I'm leaving now for dinner and a birthday party but promise to respond to this absurd case against me either when we return or tomorrow (this is dependent on the amount of alcohol in my system at the time of return).  Don't kill me while I'm away, please.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2013, 07:14:34 pm »

I for what's it worth disagree with ashersky if he is saying "raerae never contributes in a meaningful way", if that wasn't clear already.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:16 pm »

So, while making dinner and thinking, I realized I didn't include everyone in my previous scattershot analysis.  In particular I realized that I hadn't mentioned DSell, then I realized that I had gone until I had 11 people and then for some reason believed I'd hit everyone other than myself.  So, I tried to determine which 3 people I hadn't mentioned and I remembered Glooble.  But I couldn't figure out who else I left out.  Now that I sit to post this though I realize it's Jimmmmm.  Okay, so the 3 I left out:

DSell: medium town-read from the station-aligned question.  It could be a scum-ploy for town-cred, but it strikes me as too genuine.

Glooble: He seems to be the regular "lurking" Glooble.  I noticed he'd posted since my last post, but I was kind of skimming, to see if anyone had figured out who I left out of my list.  Null read for the moment.

Jimmmmm: well, I did mention him in my previous post, he just didn't get a bullet-point.  Anyways, yeah, I'm leaning town here.  Though it could be scum pushing what he thought was a legitimate case (reference previous multi-ball note).

Final comment: @raerae, why are you uncomfortable to be linked with shraeye?  I mean you guys post over the same time frame (which is reasonable), and have some level of conversation between yourselves.  You've also taken the same (or very similar stances) regarding, for example, the contradiction case, and Ashersky's lack of case.  So, at the moment you both kind of blend.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2013, 07:21:09 pm »

I'm leaving now for dinner and a birthday party but promise to respond to this absurd case against me either when we return or tomorrow (this is dependent on the amount of alcohol in my system at the time of return).  Don't kill me while I'm away, please.

Classic scum dodge.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »

Uh, I really don 't think ashersky is scum. I think he's making a lot of sense. His post about the Eevee case serving its purpose really resonated with me. And I totally get what he's saying about raerae.

I'm trying not to rely on metas as much, because they haven't served me too well lately. I like what ashersky has to say, Is ee where it's coming from, so I don't think he's scummy. So I don't like this case.

I also don't like that it's coming from lurker extraordinaire Glooble.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2013, 07:45:16 pm »

Classic scum dodge.

sometimes you are a jerk. perhaps raerae, and the rest of us as well, should all plan our regular lives around your mafia cases on us. When are you free for you to suspect me, my calendar is a bit busy, but I am sure we can work out a time for you to be suspicious of me too...

Or perhaps you once again just have blinders on. Once you decide they are scum, they are scum. Case closed. If only you were right more than 37.5% correct lynch rate that you currently have going

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2013, 07:46:30 pm »

She's contributed as much as invisiyuma, but with ten times the posts.

right, cause i have contributed oh so little this game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

I'm trying not to rely on metas as much, because they haven't served me too well lately. I like what ashersky has to say, Is ee where it's coming from, so I don't think he's scummy. So I don't like this case.

Ok but in my experience, Ashersky's read's are LARGELY based on his "superior" meta reads. I can listen to points he makes about specific points, but I don't trust a confident Ashersky early in the game.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »

Classic scum dodge.

This isn't a blitz game, the clock isn't gonna run out on us that soon. This is not a scum tell. FWIW I just came back from dinner too.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 17 queries.