Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143575 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #975 on: January 28, 2014, 08:43:28 am »

Jimmmmm looked happy to lunch either you or teproc, he technically jumped right after the hammer. If AHoppy is town then this can be construed as jubilant scum. Does scum want the hammer? Maybe so on that particular D1. Robz was looking for the hammer before the regrouping towards Teproc. chairs was a latecomer to the AHoppy wagon and his entire playstyle has been lurky durky to me. I waffled between AHoppy and Robz kind of sheeping into AHoppy because I wanted us to get in a D1 lynch and he was definitely my favorite over Teproc. I think I was earlier to the wagon than the others except maybe Jimmmmm. A lot of the origination to the wagon ended up on Teproc.

So, I would say that if scum was all piled onto town!AHoppy, which explains why it never fully lynched, that everyone on there including myself appears to be a candidate.

However, knowing my alignment to be Town, that means that either the entire scum team was sitting on AHoppy and Town was entirely devoted to mislynching Teproc or scum contributed to Teproc's demise which places AHoppy himself as a decent candidate for being scum.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:48 pm »

Yeah, scotty moving to like strongest town read territory. That's just such a sincere self-summary. Really, really skilled if from first-time scum.

I agree again. I would like eevee and archetype to specifically comment on this as they disagreed with me earlier on some things about scotty.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 28, 2014, 09:58:32 pm »

Sorry, I'm like super behind and trying to find time/motivation to catch up.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 28, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

I'm also not getting the super-towny vibe from Scott, can someone explain it? Eloquent posts are nice and all but they don't always mean town, why should it mean that here?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:41 pm »

I'm also not getting the super-towny vibe from Scott, can someone explain it? Eloquent posts are nice and all but they don't always mean town, why should it mean that here?

It has very little to do with eloquence or length. It has to do with the content.

The first example is here:

Now this was in direct response to me posting a post count. So there is that, but I contend that a player who was directly called out for not posting doesn't post that sort of content, specifically probing, deep thought out questions that to me indicates more that he was not posting because he was "thinking" about the game and trying to figure it out as opposed to lurking and being afraid of posting. I think that a newbie scum who gets called out does a "reads" post or says something like "I am here, but don't really know what to say" or something like that.

The second example is here:

Specifically the last paragraph. As robz says it does appear to be a very sincere self-summary about his "lurking" and I think it is more indicative of him doing exactly what I said, that he was thinking about it and trying to figure out what to do with the content before posting... this type of behavior is sometimes frowned upon here at f.ds and sometimes unfairly I think. But mostly, again, I think newbie scum doesn't say what he says about lurking or admitting that he had consistently been reading the thread and not posting. Newbie scum I think either says he wasn't lurking or says that him lurking wasn't bad and blows off the suspicion. Here he looks it square in the eyes, addresses it point blank and moves past it to a reasonable discussion about me.

So like Robz said. Either amazing newbie scum play (which is possible as from elsewhere I have noted scott being a pretty insightful guy in general, but we all know this game is certainly learned on a curve) or he is just being sincere town.

I lean pretty strongly toward the second especially as there hasn't been anything compelling to make me think otherwise.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2014, 11:28:44 pm »

Vote: pps

A feeling more than anything else. I'll say more when I can, probably when I'm not at work.

I still support the Eevee lynch.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 29, 2014, 03:51:49 am »

I gave pps a re-read. I have more to say about him that I can't really now, but my main impression from him is that he's too self-aware.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:36 am »

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for all those people who said "but we have to lynch someone so that we have stuff to analyze!" to come out and actually analyze stuff.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 29, 2014, 04:40:31 am »

Yeah, scotty moving to like strongest town read territory. That's just such a sincere self-summary. Really, really skilled if from first-time scum.

I agree again. I would like eevee and archetype to specifically comment on this as they disagreed with me earlier on some things about scotty.
Yeah, it looks honest, but I don't see why scum couldn't be honest about that as well. I guess I'll concede it was a post on the townier side, though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 29, 2014, 09:00:05 am »

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for all those people who said "but we have to lynch someone so that we have stuff to analyze!" to come out and actually analyze stuff.

I did exactly this and now I'm "too self-aware" and must be guilty of something but we can't say what right now.

Vote: Jimmmmm

for spreading baseless suspicion.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:20 am »

I did exactly this and now I'm "too self-aware" and must be guilty of something but we can't say what right now.

The way I see it, the suspicion is not baseless, Jimmmmm just hasn't been able to post his reasons yet.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 29, 2014, 09:07:29 am »

And this aggressive fighting against anyone who suspects you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:38 am »

The way I see it, the suspicion is not baseless, Jimmmmm just hasn't been able to post his reasons yet.

Exactly. This is not the first time this game I have felt like my words have been twisted by pps.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 29, 2014, 09:17:06 am »

Nice setup. It appears to go like this:
"Let me announce in a shady way that I'm going to cast suspicion on you and when you look sideways at that I'll tell you that you twist my words so when I do get around to putting some case together on you your ability to argue against it is already neutralized because you know, we've already established that you're going to twist my words."

Why don't you just put the case out there without trying to set a foundation of suspicion first?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 29, 2014, 09:20:31 am »

"Let me announce in a shady way that I'm going to cast suspicion on you and when you look sideways at that I'll tell you that you twist my words so when I do get around to putting some case together on you your ability to argue against it is already neutralized because you know, we've already established that you're going to twist my words."

I see what you did there.

[/quote]
Why don't you just put the case out there without trying to set a foundation of suspicion first?
[/quote]

I was at work. Now I am home, it is 1:20am and I am working on collecting my thoughts.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:25 am »

(quotes fixed)

I see what you did there.

I was at work. Now I am home, it is 1:20am and I am working on collecting my thoughts.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 29, 2014, 09:31:22 am »

PPS and Jimmm are unlikely to be scum together.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 29, 2014, 09:39:20 am »

Let me rephrase the question. Why did you feel it was necessary to announce suspicion when you knew you you couldn't actually put a case together at that time? What purpose did that serve over waiting until you could simply post the case without the lead-in?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:52 am »

Here's some D1 data for you.

Voting patterns:

Jimmmmm: Eevee(1,RVS), Archetype(1), Eevee(4), AHoppy(5),Teproc(7)
faust: yuma(1), pps(1), No Lynch(1), pps(2), No Lynch(3), Teproc(1), chairs(2), Teproc(2)
pingpongsam: Robz(1,RVS), AHoppy(3), Robz(3), AHoppy(5)
Voltaire: scott(1,RVS), chairs(1), pps(3), AHoppy(1), Archetype(1), AHoppy(4), Robz(2), Teproc(4)
yuma: faust(1), No Lynch(2), Robz(3), Eevee(3), AHoppy(6), Robz(1), Teproc(2), Teproc(6)
Archetype: nkirbit/Teproc(1,RVS), chairs(1), Eevee(2), Robz(4), Eevee(3), Teproc(6)
Eevee: TA(1), Teproc(3)
Twistedarcher: pps(2), yuma(1), Eevee(1)
Teproc: yuma(2), chairs(2), Jimmmmm(1), AHoppy(4)
scott_pilgrim: No Lynch(2), TA(3), AHoppy(5), Teproc(5)
AHoppy: Robz(2), chairs(2), Teproc(5)
chairs: TA(2), AHoppy(2), yuma(1), AHoppy(4)
Robz: chairs(1), Teproc(1), AHoppy(5)

AHoppy wagon at peak (1): chairs, scott, Teproc, yuma, Voltaire, pps (Robz intent)
Robz wagon at peak: yuma, Archetype, Voltaire, pps
AHoppy wagon at peak (2): Robz, chairs, scott, Teproc, pps
Teproc wagon at peak: faust, Eevee, Voltaire, scott_pilgrim, Archetype, AHoppy, yuma

PPE: 5

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 29, 2014, 09:44:45 am »

Let me rephrase the question. Why did you feel it was necessary to announce suspicion when you knew you you couldn't actually put a case together at that time? What purpose did that serve over waiting until you could simply post the case without the lead-in?

You accuse me of not scumhunting because I'm not directly stating my reads at the moment.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:43 am »

Scummy looking players from their D1 voting patterns:

pingpongsam: only voted on bigger wagons.
Eevee: only voted two times.
scott: also only wagon votes.

Also, pps, for your theory that all scum were on the AHoppy wagon to be true, assuming you are town, the scum team would need to be chairs, scott, yuma.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:30 am »

Scummy looking players from their D1 voting patterns:

pingpongsam: only voted on bigger wagons.
Eevee: only voted two times.
scott: also only wagon votes.

Also, pps, for your theory that all scum were on the AHoppy wagon to be true, assuming you are town, the scum team would need to be chairs, scott, yuma.

A) Often I was the only standing vote on Robz, so I disagree that I only voted on bigger wagons. If the Robz wagon got big it wasn't because I was going to it, I was already there. I did join AHoppy because he was my 2nd favorite lynch for D1 and there was already some steam on that one. So, yeah, I'm guilty for joining the already started wagon on AHoppy.

B) My theory is not that all of scum were on the Ahoppy wagon. I just put the analysis out there if that were the case. I suppose I never followed up by stating that it seems highly unlikely. I would say that it indicates more likely that Ahoppy may well be the scum we wanted to hit D1. I still reserve a vote for him today. Right now I'm more interested in looking at the interactions yesterday surrounding the AHoppy wagon which never happened. You, yourself pointed out how glaring that is. I'm not at the conclusion stage yet. I'm not even at the implicating stage yet. I'm just putting my analysis out there.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 29, 2014, 10:03:19 am »

You accuse me of not scumhunting because I'm not directly stating my reads at the moment.

When I said that I was highlighting that I had yet to directly implicate anyone specifically. The exact opposite of what you're doing here. Who is it that is twisting words?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 29, 2014, 10:16:22 am »

When I said that I was highlighting that I had yet to directly implicate anyone specifically. The exact opposite of what you're doing here. Who is it that is twisting words?

I never twisted anything. You're berating me for not saying something at a particular time, and I gave an example of when you have also kept something to yourself. Really it was a silly question. I was at work, kind of bored, had some time to read and post but not enough time to collect posts and give details. I had some thoughts, so I posted them. I'm not going to refrain from giving reads until I have time to post a detailed case.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

I have to say the last response deviates from where I perceived this to be going. It really felt like a total setup. Unvote I am interested to hear your case on me when you get the time to post it.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.