Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143587 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #875 on: January 25, 2014, 04:38:50 pm »

Jimmmm is for the high activity and then complete drop off as day went on.

That's a pretty simplistic argument on someone who is known as someone who lurks on and off.

sure... I never said it wasn't. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't raise you in my suspicions. If it was something you only did as town... then maybe. But you have done it as mafia as well... Toy Story for example.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 25, 2014, 04:42:16 pm »

That's a pretty simplistic argument on someone who is known as someone who lurks on and off.

sure... I never said it wasn't. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't raise you in my suspicions. If it was something you only did as town... then maybe. But you have done it as mafia as well... Toy Story for example.

Toy Story's not a great example as it's the only game I've subbed in and I legitimately never fully caught up. If you compare recent Town games of mine you'll find quite a range of activity levels - Grimm and Time War come to mind.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 25, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »

Toy Story's not a great example as it's the only game I've subbed in and I legitimately never fully caught up. If you compare recent Town games of mine you'll find quite a range of activity levels - Grimm and Time War come to mind.

Or we can go all the way back to LOR1 and LOR2... but I get your point. You were very lurky in Clue, but not in Chocolate Factory And I am not saying you are scum for it, I am saying I am more suspicious of you in general and it is a reason for me to look at your more closely. It would be a point in general against just about anyone. Or do you not want people to be looking at you too closely? Because that is what this could easily look like right now... "don't pay attention to me! Nothing to see here! Carry on."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:31 pm »

And I am not saying you are scum for it, I am saying I am more suspicious of you in general and it is a reason for me to look at your more closely. It would be a point in general against just about anyone.

I agree, I see where you're coming from and agree that it's a good reason to look at someone more closely. But that's not what you said, you simply said my scumminess has gone up.

Or do you not want people to be looking at you too closely? Because that is what this could easily look like right now... "don't pay attention to me! Nothing to see here! Carry on."

I feel like this is spinning what I said a little. You said so little about me that I could have easily ignored it and/or tried to divert attention elsewhere and hoped that no one else mentioned it. I'm quite happy for people to analyse my play, but if you call me scummy in a one-line argument over something that I really think should be a nulltell for me, I'm going to point that out.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 25, 2014, 05:00:01 pm »

Or do you not want people to be looking at you too closely? Because that is what this could easily look like right now... "don't pay attention to me! Nothing to see here! Carry on."

I feel like this is spinning what I said a little. You said so little about me that I could have easily ignored it and/or tried to divert attention elsewhere and hoped that no one else mentioned it. I'm quite happy for people to analyse my play, but if you call me scummy in a one-line argument over something that I really think should be a nulltell for me, I'm going to point that out.

I didn't feel this way until you argued against my next post and went further to try and establish that it was in fact not your scum meta, but a town meta to the point that it felt that you were trying to make yourself look townie because of your behavior instead of "null" as you said.

And feel free to point out whatever you want, but allow me to analyze those points to see what I can make of them. And what I made of them was "Ugh... can't believe he is brining that up. Well it actually makes me townie if you look at it through these lenses and really shouldn't have been brought up in the first place."

and your continued questioning of me questioning you is just furthering that whole feeling... although you do have a point that scum could and maybe even would just ignore the whole statement or leave it alone after one retort.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 25, 2014, 05:24:26 pm »

And I should say that Robz's attempts to discredit me for various yesterday is where I stand with him are exactly how I expect scum robz to attempt to deal with someone who is threatening him as scum.

Oh, how dare you. I did NO such thing. What you did yesterday was remarkably scummy, right or wrong. And you didn't take one iota of heat for it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #881 on: January 25, 2014, 05:27:47 pm »

Oh okay, well now yuma is making bad arguments against Jimm, too.

Vote: yuma

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 25, 2014, 05:28:49 pm »

I didn't feel this way until you argued against my next post and went further to try and establish that it was in fact not your scum meta, but a town meta to the point that it felt that you were trying to make yourself look townie because of your behavior instead of "null" as you said.

I never said or meant that it was my Town meta. I said I'm known for sometimes lurking, and did not say or mean with regard to a particular alignment. You brought up Town/scum metas so I gave examples of where I've both lurked and not lurked as Town. I was critiquing your quick, easy argument on something that should be null, not claiming Towncred for it.

And feel free to point out whatever you want, but allow me to analyze those points to see what I can make of them. And what I made of them was "Ugh... can't believe he is brining that up. Well it actually makes me townie if you look at it through these lenses and really shouldn't have been brought up in the first place."

Feel free to analyse whatever you want, but allow me to argue with your analysis if I think you've come to a wrong conclusion. I have no problem with you bringing up my posting patterns - I have mentioned my own lurking at least twice this game. I totally think that it's a valid point to bring up, I just didn't think it was very well thought out for you to simply say I was scummy for it and leave it at that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:46 pm »

Feel free to analyse whatever you want, but allow me to argue with your analysis if I think you've come to a wrong conclusion. I have no problem with you bringing up my posting patterns - I have mentioned my own lurking at least twice this game. I totally think that it's a valid point to bring up, I just didn't think it was very well thought out for you to simply say I was scummy for it and leave it at that.

I agree, and then he started saying you trying to explain it was scummy, too.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 25, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »

I don't know why Robz, but you agreeing with me like this makes me uneasy. I got the same feeling in Chocolate Factory, and you were Town then, so I guess I should be okay with it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 25, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »

I'm agreeing with you because you're right. Well, I don't know if you're right about your argument that your posting frequency in this game has been regular, but you're right that it isn't scummy to try and explain to yuma why he is wrong in thinking your posting frequency is scummy. Yuma thinks he doesn't have to be held accountable for scummy things he does--and that it's discrediting him if you try.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 25, 2014, 05:38:13 pm »

As I reminder, yuma expressed what I believe to be false suspicion on me all day yesterday for my absence, agitated for me to be lynched, and then backed off when there was an actual wagon. And then continued to express a scum read while happily lynching someone else. And now my scumminess has "gone up" in his eyes. It's a scam.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2014, 05:44:29 pm »

Robz seems to be making sense. I'll have to re-read yuma when I get a chance.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »

vote: robz won't be moving it unless someone has a town result on him, which isn't very likely at all

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »

vote: robz won't be moving it unless someone has a town result on him, which isn't very likely at all

Yep, and I am the one trying to discredit.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

Robz seems to be making sense. I'll have to re-read yuma when I get a chance.

I'll be back later when I have time and fully outline what happened. Robz still hasn't addressed a whole bunch of flaws in what he originally posted. This is scum robz trying to get me to be mislynched. If he gets it through tomorrow we will be all like "Ahhh shucks... he was scummy as hell... I couldn't help but vote for him..." Guarantee it....

Seriously though people can go back and look for themselves if they doubt me. Robz never addressed my points that I brought up.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »

Yuma thinks he doesn't have to be held accountable for scummy things he does--and that it's discrediting him if you try.

I never said that... I said what you pointed out me doing wasn't scummy and that I shouldn't think it was scummy just because you said it was. The whole conversation with teproc moved away from what the original focus was and became a conversation about how I try new approaches and as town and while I shouldn't be given free reign to do so, people shouldn't be surprised when I do.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »

Seriously though people can go back and look for themselves if they doubt me.

I certainly will when I can, and I encourage others to do the same.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 25, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »

Seriously though people can go back and look for themselves if they doubt me.

I certainly will when I can, and I encourage others to do the same.

The main point to focus on is that Robz said something I did was scummy... but never said why it was scummy. And then flipped a lid when I refused to acknowledge that it was scummy and didn't have anything to say to refute it because he had provided no reason for why it was scummy. I know it wasn't scummy because I am town and know that what I was doing was with a town mindset... so why should I acknowledge something was scummy when I know it wasn't and robz never attempted to show me why it was... he just kept saying it was until be believed it and hopefully everyone else would as well..... ModernCommunity scum!Robz all over again.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 25, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

If voltaire were still alive he would totally agree with me. Specifically I think TA and faust will agree with me here as they were his partners in Modern Community.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 25, 2014, 06:02:53 pm »

Well at least we got past D1.

Vote: Eevee

Will take an in-depth look at the events leading up to Teproc's lynch when I have time.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 25, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »

If Voltaire were still alive he would agree with me!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

Guess we will have to ask him after the game is over. But what about TA and faust? Think they will agree with you?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2014, 06:17:15 pm »

Guess we will have to ask him after the game is over. But what about TA and faust? Think they will agree with you?

And do still have nothing to say about your lack of an explanation to the points I addressed?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

I can't bleieve you think I'm doing what I did in Modern Community. You are doing what I did in Modern Community! I'm not tunneling you at all, you are tunneling me.

What flaws did I not address?

Again, I presented a narrative of your actions that is, to my knowledge, typically a scum narrative. You were eager to lynch me and then bailed when you had the chance to do so. I'm glad you brought up Modern Community, where I tunneled Voltaire. The last thing I wanted was for him to actually die, it was going to make me look terrible. That's what you did to me yesterday. Really, this is not like a wacky case. But you said you don't have to address it because you know you're town. Okay, well everyone can just say that. Like when you said the thing about Jimm, he shoul dhave just said, "Well I know I'm town," huh?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.