Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143574 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #850 on: January 22, 2014, 11:46:57 pm »

I'm here, I need to go over the teproc case again, but I think it does look promising.  The starting a wagon and jumping off part really sticks out to me.  Intent to vote teproc.  What's the vote count?

5 on you, 5 on teproc. Yuma, you, and me are the ones on neither wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

Okay, I see what you are saying. Meh, I honestly can't decide. I know I am being super-flaky, but I don't have enough time to formulate who I want to see lynched...

Both have given me bad vibes from the beginning, so really, I'm not unhappy with either one. They were both scum reads. Ahoppy's reads post gave me bad vibes almost immediately, and I believe it was Voltaire who pointed this out and had the same gut reaction I had. I didn't particularly like either of their reactions to my case on Eevee, and wasn't swayed by either of the reasons. I remember Teproc doing a defense of "Eevee just seems like he was in this one game when he was town", which I find to always be one of the flimsiest reasons -- there were multiple extremely vague statements that I wanted him to explain further. So yeah, Teproc seems ok, although Ahoppy seems ok too.

I will say Ahoppy's last post left me thinking he was kinda scummy? Thoughts on it?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 22, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »

I guess I'm leaning Teproc over Ahoppy..

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:48 pm »

I'm here, I need to go over the teproc case again, but I think it does look promising.  The starting a wagon and jumping off part really sticks out to me.  Intent to vote teproc.  What's the vote count?

Both of you are currently at L-2.
I guess I'll Vote: teproc then.  It's the most convincing case I've seen all day.  I am sorry for discrediting your case TA, it very well may be true, I just wasn't willing to vote Eevee because of it.  Hopefully during the night you can complete it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:40 pm »

#847? I didn't get a read on it, because I honestly don't know what he was referring to. Which wagon did Teproc jump off of?

Honestly Yuma I know this is a sucky situation, but I kinda have been getting a towny read on you and may end up sheeping you. I know that's a lot of pressure on you, but I just don't have a feel tonight, and have been scummy enough on both that I don't hate either lynch, but I don't know which one is more likely to turn up scum....I wish I had been here a few hours earlier.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:59 pm »

Both of you are currently at L-2.
I guess I'll Vote: teproc then.  It's the most convincing case I've seen all day.  I am sorry for discrediting your case TA, it very well may be true, I just wasn't willing to vote Eevee because of it.  Hopefully during the night you can complete it.

And this lessened it... this is more what I expect town to do coming in and seeing where they are at...

Whereas the post above is what I would expect scum to do... try to find a way to justify their position on a wagon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »

It's got ate towards me...but I don't know if that's scummy

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:01 pm »

alright... vote: teproc

TA you want to vote as well to make sure we are getting this down?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:40 pm »

Vote: Teproc

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:58 pm »

I think you hammered, but vote:teproc

I am not super confident but we've lucked into these before, and we have a lot to analyze tomorrow.

Did this deadline have the feel of two town wagons, or that there's scum involved? I kinda lean the second, because if we hit all town most of the day, I need to completely recalibrate my reads...but meh

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 22, 2014, 11:58:19 pm »

Here sorry whats going on
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 22, 2014, 11:59:50 pm »

Okay. Well that's fine.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 23, 2014, 12:16:04 am »

Here sorry whats going on

Well done making it by deadline. :P

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:59 am »

Yeah. Well, work stuff. I probably would have went with Teproc anyway.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 23, 2014, 12:51:02 am »

THREAD LOCKED
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:05 am »

So I guess I am here by myself until Robz isn't busy anymore? If only I drank... this would be a great opportunity for kickball... note to future mods... forum midnight deadlines apparently don't work for anyone...

They work for me the best.  It's about 9:00 PM for me, which is perfect (sometimes I'm gone and have to wait an hour like today, but it's pretty close.  I can guarantee I can be on at nighttime, but not morning or afternoon).  Sorry.

Final Vote Count:

Eevee (1): Twistedarcher
AHoppy (5): Teproc, Robz888, chairs, pingpongsam, Jimmmmm
Teproc (7): faust, Eevee, Voltaire, scott_pilgrim, Archetype, AHoppy, yuma

Teproc was lynched.  He was a Town Doctor.

NIGHT 1 START

Everyone, get your night actions in within 48 hours.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #866 on: January 25, 2014, 01:10:49 pm »

I am sorry, this completely slipped my mind last night.  Anyway, Voltaire, the Town Cop, has been killed.

DAY 2 START

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 25, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »

Well there goes one of my top suspects going into Day1. I say investigation claims should wait 2-3 real days before giving info... enough time for people to post and get reads and stuff, but not so long that we go for days and days and then have to start over with little time left to use such information (especially if results are town based)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 25, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

Voltaire was on the Teproc wagon; do we think that had anything to do with Mafia's decision-making process?  If so, what?

For me, personally, it makes me more wary of the people sharing a spot on the Ahoppy wagon with me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 25, 2014, 02:59:22 pm »

Yesterday had the feeling that we had a wagon on scum, but maybe that's just due to the part that I already had Ahoppy and Eevee towards the top of my scum list. Meh, I still think Eevee is scum (and no, I haven't finished my case yet....). The Teproc and Ahoppy wagons both built very easily, while the Eevee wagon just completely stalled -- I think that wagon is where it's more likely scum would be. I still want to lynch Eevee.

Vote: Eeevee

I will try to get the Eevee town games read soon, I promise.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 25, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »

Voltaire was on the Teproc wagon; do we think that had anything to do with Mafia's decision-making process?  If so, what?

I think people talk about Mafia's decision-making process too much. Sometimes they take out people they see as a threat, sometimes they take out people they think are unlikely to be lynched, sometimes they avoid reducing pools of players they are a part of and sometimes they do exactly what they think we wouldn't think they would do. It's all WIFOM and so easily manipulated by scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 25, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »

Yesterday had the feeling that we had a wagon on scum, but maybe that's just due to the part that I already had Ahoppy and Eevee towards the top of my scum list. Meh, I still think Eevee is scum (and no, I haven't finished my case yet....). The Teproc and Ahoppy wagons both built very easily, while the Eevee wagon just completely stalled -- I think that wagon is where it's more likely scum would be. I still want to lynch Eevee.

Vote: Eeevee

I will try to get the Eevee town games read soon, I promise.

I'll have to have another look at the wagons to see if I agree with your analysis, but Vote: Eevee still seems good to me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 25, 2014, 04:25:38 pm »

Eevee has actually dropped down in my estimation... not necessarily because he has done anything (and part of that is certainly the psychologic effect of having his vote be brought up and seeing it not gain momentum... which could be scum stopping it, but that isn't what it felt like, but rather that a large portion of town wasn't interested in it).

On the inverse Robz, TA and Jimmmm have all gone up in scumminess.

chairs not being killed was interesting. He is who I would have pinpointed as the potential mafia kill, but that alone isn't enough for me to change my read. I still have a strong town read on PPS.

Taking a look at archetype might be worthwhile as well as he was the potential candidate that was mentioned by many and voted by few (myself included for out of game reasons)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 25, 2014, 04:28:32 pm »

And I should say that Robz's attempts to discredit me for various yesterday is where I stand with him are exactly how I expect scum robz to attempt to deal with someone who is threatening him as scum.

Jimmmm is for the high activity and then complete drop off as day went on.

TA is less than the other two, but mostly just a feeling that as we were talking at the end of day yesterday he was forcing himself to have to choose between two options and might have been overselling trying to decide which one was best (when if he was scum might know that both ahoppy and teproc were town... assuming ahoppy is town, which isn't something I want to do at this point) but this is more of a feeling similar to the initial feeling that made me want to look at teproc closer and well... we know how that turned out.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 25, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »

Jimmmm is for the high activity and then complete drop off as day went on.

That's a pretty simplistic argument on someone who is known as someone who lurks on and off.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.