Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143587 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #650 on: January 22, 2014, 11:03:10 am »

Maybe. But in this game, I want to on lynch over lynching someone that feels null.

If that's the case, we'll never agree on anyone today, because I think you'll prefer no lynch to everyone I want to lynch.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 22, 2014, 11:03:58 am »

unvote wait.

Let's clear this up. AHoppy is making a good point about TA's Eevee case. (one I think he could make as scum or town, but a good point)

Why the hell is anyone voting him for that?

Teproc and PPS I think are the ones who did this, yes?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:54 am »

Yeah, faust, i don't like the Teproc case. Nothing he's done has been that egregious, and he's a top poster. I mean, I'll lynch Teproc over no-lynch, but I won't be joining any theoretical wagon on him until the last minute I think.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:22 am »

Yeah, I agree that AHoppy's post about TA is very scummy. My first reaction reading it was wanting to vote. Seeing people jump on him makes me feel uneasy, but I do think there's reason for it.

Then why didn't you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:37 am »

faust, you start your case by saying he's a gut scumread. Did you have that gut read and re-read him to find evidence? If so, I think your case is just confirmation bias. I'm not saying Teproc is town, he's null to me, but I am slowly growing to hate gut reads. I literally don't think any of my gut reads have ever been right. Every time I've ever said "my gut says..." that I can remember it has turned out to have been wrong.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:44 am »

Yeah, I agree that AHoppy's post about TA is very scummy. My first reaction reading it was wanting to vote. Seeing people jump on him makes me feel uneasy, but I do think there's reason for it.

Then why didn't you?

Nevermind, it seems you haven't posted since then.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:00 am »

See I have lurked, by not posting a whole lot (especially in the last few days because I have been busy).  But I feel like when I have come in, i have brought content to the table.  I'm not saying this day has sucked, it has been a lot better than the other D1's I've played.  I just find D1 kind of frustrating because everyone else knows a lot more about the other players since I have only played I think 3 games.  So I don't get as much from the meta reads D1 and I don't feel confident that I can draw conclusions from other people's metas.  I tried earlier with you Volt since I remembered playing with you as town, but I got called out for that...  What I'm saying is that I tried to use what I thought was your meta from the one game we played together, and it got shot down. 

PPE: 14
wow... 14

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:14 am »

Then why didn't you?

Nevermind, it seems you haven't posted since then.

Yep.

@Voltaire : I don't think it's a good argument is why. It seems like it is, but it really isn't. He is imlying that TA is not taking Eevee's town meta in consideration when, based on earlier posts, he clearly is.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 22, 2014, 11:15:54 am »

So I currently think that AHoppy is a good lynch, but am weirded out by PPS and Teproc's reasons for joining the wagon. That's where I am.

@Teproc - but he's not taking them into account in a non-gut way, right? That's the whole point. I had the exact same reaction to TA's case but someone else had already pointed it out by the time I was reading the thread.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 22, 2014, 11:16:23 am »

faust, you start your case by saying he's a gut scumread. Did you have that gut read and re-read him to find evidence? If so, I think your case is just confirmation bias. I'm not saying Teproc is town, he's null to me, but I am slowly growing to hate gut reads. I literally don't think any of my gut reads have ever been right. Every time I've ever said "my gut says..." that I can remember it has turned out to have been wrong.

Well, there could be confirmation bias, sure. Yes, I already felt he could be scum before the reread, why would I reread him if not? But I'm used to Teproc with good content, here the actual content that Teproc posted is roughly on the level of AHoppy's contributions. Also, just because your gut reads are often wrong, that doesn't necessarily implicate that those of other players are wrong as well.

Of course I'm not completely sold on the Teproc wagon. But I wanted to look for support before moving my vote off there.

PPE: 3

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 22, 2014, 11:19:25 am »

Sorry, I don't quite follow.

All I am saying is that Robz as scum and Robz as town aren't that similar, in my eyes. I am claiming a better-than-average ability at reading Robz based off meta. Robz would tell you the same thing, he's said it himself.

Oh... sure, I don't really doubt you there. But I guess my question for you right now is: do you want to save Robz for later because you will be able to read him better day2 and onward? Or do you feel like you can read him better right now, today, Day1 with his only having X amount of posts? Because I used to be in that crowd of always saving Robz for later, but honestly some recent games (specifically Toy Story) left me doubting my own ability in that regard.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:00 am »

AHoppy's recent posts read very genuine to me, I won't vote for him. I have to leave soon and cannot promise to be back before the deadline. If I don't see any support for a Teproc wagon until I leave, I'll probably vote chairs.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:15 am »

But I'm used to Teproc with good content, here the actual content that Teproc posted is roughly on the level of AHoppy's contributions.

I'm re-reading Teproc, and I just don't see this.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 22, 2014, 11:21:50 am »

Sorry, I don't quite follow.

All I am saying is that Robz as scum and Robz as town aren't that similar, in my eyes. I am claiming a better-than-average ability at reading Robz based off meta. Robz would tell you the same thing, he's said it himself.

Oh... sure, I don't really doubt you there. But I guess my question for you right now is: do you want to save Robz for later because you will be able to read him better day2 and onward? Or do you feel like you can read him better right now, today, Day1 with his only having X amount of posts? Because I used to be in that crowd of always saving Robz for later, but honestly some recent games (specifically Toy Story) left me doubting my own ability in that regard.

I do not want to save him for later. A piece of me agrees with Voltgloss in whatever game he went "Let's lynch Robz D1, he's ok as town and amazing as scum". I am saying I currently have a town read on him, not a "let's leave him for later" read. Because if you leave Robz for later, he's probably already gotten his tentacles in everywhere and taken control. Scum of the year, y'know.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:54 am »

AHoppy's recent posts read very genuine to me, I won't vote for him. I have to leave soon and cannot promise to be back before the deadline. If I don't see any support for a Teproc wagon until I leave, I'll probably vote chairs.

What about Archetype?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 22, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

Wow. I feel like I've been lurking badly in this game, and I'm the third highest poster?? In your last sentence I saw my name and thought you must be naming inactive players. Obviously something needs to get this game going.

You were crazy-active at the start and now you've fallen off the map.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:45 am »

What about Archetype?

I have a town read on Archetype.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 22, 2014, 11:33:54 am »

What about Archetype?

Why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:31 am »

What about Archetype?

Why?

The way he approached the start of this Day. I don't think scum!Archetype would come out with a plan like that.

Vote: chairs I have to leave now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:42 am »

not that i wasn't willing before, that just kinda makes me actually want to

I think that's three votes on AHoppy, with yuma stating intent. Why haven't you voted yet?

Well at the time of writing my quote above Ahoppy only had 1 vote on him compared to eevee with 4 (as chair's and PPS's came after this post and I hadn't been online since....) That has obviously changed since then as I am reading this, but let me catch up all the way before I decide to move my vote...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 22, 2014, 11:46:21 am »

I would support it, over chairs!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 22, 2014, 11:47:53 am »

You haven't made your case on me yet, have you ?

Not an accusation btw, just making sure I didn't miss something.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:39 am »

What about Archetype?

Why?

The way he approached the start of this Day. I don't think scum!Archetype would come out with a plan like that.

Vote: chairs I have to leave now.

You don't? It was a plan to out our cops to the mafia, of course scum would try to get us to do that/make it look like a town idea.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:29 am »

You haven't made your case on me yet, have you ?

Not an accusation btw, just making sure I didn't miss something.

No, I haven't... If I decide that I actually want to vote for you (over say... Ahoppy or Eevee at this point... maybe others?), I'll go back and put a little something together, but I don't have the time to be putting cases together on people I am not voting for.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:23 am »

Here's a current vote count, since things are happening :

Eevee (4): Twistedarcher, Archetype, Jimmmmm, yuma
AHoppy (3): chairs, pingpongsam, Teproc
chairs (3): Robz, AHoppy, faust
Twistedarcher (2): Eevee, scott_pilgrim

Not voting (1) : Voltaire

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Day 1 ends January 23rd, 12:00 AM, so in 24 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 17 queries.