Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143574 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #500 on: January 19, 2014, 09:13:08 pm »

Who do you think is scummy, Eevee?
That's the thing, I have no idea. There hasn't been any substance posted that would have given me any strong reads, not even the "if x, then y" kind. I think PPS is towny, I think all this theory talk has made the start of the day very easy for scum.

Honestly you've probably posted more content than I have. In that sense it's maybe noteworthy you are getting called out so strongly.

Good point... vote: eevee... so much for seeing where the robz wagon goes... I am more interested in seeing where the eevee wagon goes.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2014, 09:15:51 pm »

I was just going to post and say I found Eevee's response on the townier side. It's sincere and unafraid (scum, by contrast, would usually try to give me a more "satisfactory" answer, I think.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »

Hmm, so Eevee has been mostly makings sense, which of course is fairly null. TA's point against him also makes sense though - he came out with some early reads (Town on pps and faust, scum on TA), and then reverted back to "I have no idea".

So not much to go on, but I think enough for now for me to support the Eevee wagon. Vote: Eevee

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2014, 10:32:32 pm »

Robz has posted 7 times, 4 of which were in the last 11 posts. I fully believe that he's been busy and I hope he can provide more content in the near future. For me, not enough there for a vote.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2014, 10:44:19 pm »

I was just going to post and say I found Eevee's response on the townier side. It's sincere and unafraid (scum, by contrast, would usually try to give me a more "satisfactory" answer, I think.)

and completely and totally useless.

so if we are going to reward useless posts with townie reads... then sure he might look townier.... and maybe it is, but I for one have no desire to be like TA and only vote for players who are actually contributing something of value...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Although in looking back I should say that TA is actually voting for Eevee.... I was under the impression that he was voting for PPS. official vote count would be nice! So I take back what I said about TA as I thought he had only recently voted PPS and me.

here is where we stand:

Robz888 (2): pingpongsam, AHoppy
Twistedarcher (2): Eevee, chairs
No Lynch (2): scott_pilgrim, faust
Eevee (4): TA, Archetype, yuma, Jimmmm
ahoppy (1): voltaire

Not Voting (2): Robz888,  Teproc

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Signups full!)
« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2014, 12:19:17 am »

Vote Count 1.4

Robz888 (2): pingpongsam, AHoppy
Twistedarcher (2): Eevee, chairs
Eevee (4): Twistedarcher, Archetype, yuma, Jimmmmm
AHoppy (1): Voltaire
No Lynch (2): scott_pilgrim, faust

Not Voting (2): Robz888, Teproc

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends January 23rd, 12:00 AM.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:25 am »

Seeing that robz is back, I'm going to unvote

A little behind and too busy/tired to catch up right now. 

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 20, 2014, 01:46:59 am »

Checking in; it's finals week, so things have been/are going to be hectic. Been vaguely following along, but won't be able to take a more in-depth look until later.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2014, 11:39:32 am »

Null on Eevee, null on the Eevee wagon.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

No one else is really in big danger, so in that sense scum has no reason to join my wagon willy-nilly. That being said, especially Archetype's vote seems kind of easy. Yuma I'd characterize as generally gung-ho in this game, which I don't read as scummy.

Eh, in the end, I'm a low poster and relatively low contributer, a very good target for frustrated townies and scum alike. It's hard to read too much into my wagon, I'm sorry.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »

In a sense this wagon makes me happy. At least it gives me something to talk about, I'm making a conscious effort to react as much as possible to give you guys a chance to make the correct read on me.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2014, 12:28:54 pm »

In a sense this wagon makes me happy. At least it gives me something to talk about, I'm making a conscious effort to react as much as possible to give you guys a chance to make the correct read on me.

"A concious effort to react as much as possible" is something I would expect scum to make. Town should just play normally. Also, you say the wagon on you gives you something to talk about, but still in the post before, you say that you can't read much into the wagon. So what are you planning on talking about?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2014, 12:35:37 pm »

"A concious effort to react as much as possible" is something I would expect scum to make. Town should just play normally.

But do you think scum says it out loud?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2014, 12:45:05 pm »

"A concious effort to react as much as possible" is something I would expect scum to make. Town should just play normally.

This. It actually reminds me of [REDACTED] (hint : it involved ashersky and faust)

I don't really like the Eevee wagon. His nonchalance towards day 1 is something he's done both as scum and town, and his reaction to it reads somewhat townie to me.

Archetype's vote is the same as when he voted Robz earlier in the game. I guess it's pretty safe for scum to just lynch lurkers, but Archetype is known for being mislynched, so I'm assuming his default play is pretty scummy ?

I don't like Jimmm's vote at all though. The fourth vote is what makes it a wagon, and I don't think Eevee is a good wagon because of his relative lurkiness. I also don't agree with the idea that Eevee has reverted back from his early reads, it seems to me he's been consistent on finding PPS townie (I could check that but I'll let Jimmmmm do it since he brought it up. Laziness !).

vote: Jimmmmm
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »

"A concious effort to react as much as possible" is something I would expect scum to make. Town should just play normally. Also, you say the wagon on you gives you something to talk about, but still in the post before, you say that you can't read much into the wagon. So what are you planning on talking about?
"I can't make very firm conclusions, not yet anyways" is a reaction, it's talk caused by the wagon. So was your clarifying question and my reply here. I think making a conscious effort is normal and good here, I want to give you guys all the material to read me I possibly can. I'm worried I'll end up lynched to avoid nolynching because no one has a townread on me or particularly minds seeing me lynched, which also is not a great start for analyzing things tomorrow. We need stronger stances or we won't gain anything from any of this.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »

Stronger stance: I agree with Faust 100%, I think eevee is likely scum, and I want this lynch to go through.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

I don't like Jimmm's vote at all though. The fourth vote is what makes it a wagon, and I don't think Eevee is a good wagon because of his relative lurkiness. I also don't agree with the idea that Eevee has reverted back from his early reads, it seems to me he's been consistent on finding PPS townie (I could check that but I'll let Jimmmmm do it since he brought it up. Laziness !).

vote: Jimmmmm

Why do you think Eevee's not a good wagon? I think no matter which alignment Eevee is, the wagon on him was good because it led to reactions. If it's Jimmmmm who caused these reactions with his vote, that's a pro-town thing to do. So I don't think what you're saying is a reason to lynch Jimmmm.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:50 pm »

Well, any wagon is going to cause reaction, sure. I just think wagons based on inactivity are weaker than wagons based on actual content. Jimmmm's substantial reason for voting Eevee is one I disagree with, and with all the "wagons are good" talk, it seems like being on an early wagon is a good way to grab towncred.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 20, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

and completely and totally useless.

so if we are going to reward useless posts with townie reads... then sure he might look townier.... and maybe it is, but I for one have no desire to be like TA and only vote for players who are actually contributing something of value...

Yes, I agree that I have been voting contributers exclusively in this game...but I think that Eevee is more likely scum. You reacted well enough that I am not sold on your scumminess, and don't want to lynch you, and I don't know how to read PPS at all...

If I didn't have a scum read on an active player, I'd be happy to LALL, but I think Eevee is scum at this point, and anyways he's as close to a lurker as we have now that Robz has come back, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 20, 2014, 01:15:21 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not saying Eevee is scum for this, only that it's something I don't expect to hear from town. Eevee's following post reads more townie to me, so I'm not really sure. And given that I'm still in support of no lynch, I will only vote for someone if I'm fairly certain or to avoid a worse lynch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 20, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »

I don't really like the Eevee wagon. His nonchalance towards day 1 is something he's done both as scum and town, and his reaction to it reads somewhat townie to me.

Can you please clarify this...the phrase "his reaction reads somewhat townie" is so ambiguous. How does it read somewhat townie? Is "somewhat townie" enough of a phrase that you're willing to accept that he's town and that hunting on his wagon is the best place to look for scum, because that's what you are doing here. What makes Eevee so townie that his wagon is the best place to look for scum?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »

Well as I said above, I agree with Voltaire that scum doesn't make the obvious scummy statements like "A concious effort to react as much as possible". I also think Eevee is playing in a way that is similar to Dynasty Warriors II, where he was town. I had a town read on Eevee before the wagon, and his reaction to it has reinforced it. I probably shouldn't have said "somewhat", basically.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »

I disagree Yuma..asking players to make a stand on robz and then trying to use that as information is silly. Because there's absolutely no reason to know if he is town or scum, and town members who don't have that information are just guessing when they pick, and it probably reflects broader views than anything we can glean from alignment. Until he comes back I don't know how anyone can get a good read on him, and without a read, town members can't place a vote that can be analyzed... Like if he were to not come back and get lynched, and flip town, I don't know how we could find the people who voted him scummy since the majority were townies that had no clue.

No reads on robz -> no meaningful reasons for votes by townies -> very hard to read any wagon on robz. I just don't think he's any more likely to be scum than the normal 3/13 odds, and I'm not willing to lynch on those odds.

Nope. This is wrong. For example, the above which you just provided... is something that we can look back on and analyze and is something we wouldn't have if we weren't considering robz for a lynch. If robz flips town, we can use it, if robz flips scum we can use it. If robz doesn't flip we can use it. It might not be extremely, super useful, but it is "information."

and you are talking about this entire conjecture in a vacuum. like everyone is just going to say "not vote robz" or "vote robz" and have nothing else to say or that there won't be other lynch options floating around....

Basically you are arguing from my perspective that the only players we should consider lynching are those who have lots of content that is already available to analyze--so the complete opposite of LALL and the complete opposite of what Voltaire, Galz and I have proposed to be the better way of scum hunting with far superior results than lynching active players day1.

Look, I am not saying we are going to get an abundance of information by lynching Robz. But I don't vote for information. I vote to lynch, hopefully, and if not then to leave alive players that will be easier to read on later days because of their content...

Well yes, generally I want to vote players I have scum reads on, and I'm more likely to have a scum read on a player who is active...so I suppose you are correct there. And I get that that kind of sucks, but I mean, I am not going to stay away from voting a player who I think is likelier scum, regardless of their post count...

I also don't know that the new method has given superior results...scum have kinda been on a roll in normal games lately, haven't they? Except for Dynasty warriors, scum have been doing well lately...but this is kinda not worth arguing over, I think.

Basically I just want to vote my top scumread, unless I have a good reason not to...and Robz had not given him any reason to lynch him today. It's true that if my top read were you or Voltaire or someone, I'd probably want to be more sure than normal to vote for that person, but if I was I would not hesitate to vote there. Regardless, now I'm voting Eevee, and I am definitely leaning scum there, and he's not super active enough for me to worry about losing a top contributor.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:58 pm »

Eevee's recent posts sound really townie to me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.